Sponsored by:

Parting her out....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Yo! Thank you guys for the good words... I'm really going quite overboard on this car, she's getting the whole Enchilada' & then some.

After exterior WideBody transformation the last bit will be SPEEDRIVEN's new Billet reworked turbos w/ceramic coated manifolds...

Bruce thanks for link etc..
Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 856 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by Thericker
Yes it will I'm goin mod crazzzeee.. But this system works regardless (though the soon to be installed Dodge Viper style hood that comes w/Mishadesigns widebody kit will certainly help)
The louvered hood should really help the IAT's. If you enclose the filters with a heat shield and have them draw the air from the top of the hood and front of the car, you should see some massive gains from the intake over and above sucking in underhood heated air.

For every 10 degree increase in intake temperature, you lose around 1% power. As you know, lower temperature air has more oxygen molecules than hot air. Starting with ambient air will make more power than starting with hot air.

Looks like you are heading in the right direction.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Do you still have the wheels? Will they fit my W211? If so, I want them! What condition are they in? Let me know buddy!

***EDIT***

I see Ahmad has dibs. Let me know if he doesn't want them. I have a guy picking up my LM's this weekend. I'll have some money to play

Last edited by BenzoBoi; 01-03-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by BlownV8
The louvered hood should really help the IAT's. If you enclose the filters with a heat shield and have them draw the air from the top of the hood and front of the car, you should see some massive gains from the intake over and above sucking in underhood heated air.

For every 10 degree increase in intake temperature, you lose around 1% power. As you know, lower temperature air has more oxygen molecules than hot air. Starting with ambient air will make more power than starting with hot air.

Looks like you are heading in the right direction.
We'll see what comes..
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
I apologize for the emails and PM"s that I didnt get back to. All parts are currently spoken for.

Thanks to all that contributed to the first (and only that I know of) 600 in the 10's, you know who you are. The car war definitely fun and served its purpose, it will be missed. Im on to a different platform in the future. As I move into a transition phase I will stay around and lurk, Ive been a member since the beginning of MBworld and this will always be my original "home".

Jason Wade
Old 01-06-2011, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
I apologize for the emails and PM"s that I didnt get back to. All parts are currently spoken for.

Thanks to all that contributed to the first (and only that I know of) 600 in the 10's, you know who you are. The car war definitely fun and served its purpose, it will be missed. Im on to a different platform in the future. As I move into a transition phase I will stay around and lurk, Ive been a member since the beginning of MBworld and this will always be my original "home".

Jason Wade
So Jay Wade...what might that new platform be... I'm thinking something AWD, turbos, a bit lighter than an MB
Old 01-06-2011, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by JAYCL600

Jason Wade
You've set the bar for every 600 model w/OUT Nitrous IE Stephen's old S600..Can't wait to see your new wheels, I have a good guess what it will be Those beasts when TT'd really stretch their Legga's

Can't wait for my kit thanx bro!