Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Famoso V/S Sac

Nice write up for sure Alan. I wish at sometimes I was a WEST COASTER , And could help you guy's with a resolution. But For now & have too travel off to Europe & Canada. I'll have to be contented being (By Coastal). Stick Too it. dissect it one layer at a Time. As you found out ,not all mods play well with each other.
Cheers _PTEngineeing
Old 12-10-2010, 12:17 AM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
After a ride along pass in Alan's BEAST, this past track event @Famoso, there is no doubt that Alan could have been Running Faster than times recorded on the day. Due to a "Gremlin" at the track causing a vibration through the drive shaft (possibly caused by a broken/worn tranny mount) a completed "GLORY" pass was never made as the vibration became more obvious after coming up to speed. It was at this time Alan made the decision to retire for the day. I know there is much conjecture over fastest times being run at SAC vs. Famoso, but I believe given the chance on another good day at Famoso, results would prove fast times in the 10s.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 s430
I am new to this forum and don't know a soul here.

What I do know about though is DR having done it for 30 yrs.

Alan, congrats, you seem to know what you are doing and doing it well. No need to listen to the naysayers; ypu only need to please yourself. This kind of thing happens on other forums in equal amounts.

I race mostly at Sac and visit infineon and Samoa among others. My times are very close in all venues. Samoa has traction issues though.

Wind at Sac varies a lot. The track runs from west to east. The winds generally come from the south to southwest. So generally they are quartering from behind at best. Sac also runs significantly faster at night than the day, more so than the other tracks. This takes nothing away from anyone's times. If you did it, you did it the heck with the haters and excuse makers.

Congrats again Alan on a fine car.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by soulezoo
I am new to this forum and don't know a soul here.

What I do know about though is DR having done it for 30 yrs.

Alan, congrats, you seem to know what you are doing and doing it well. No need to listen to the naysayers; ypu only need to please yourself. This kind of thing happens on other forums in equal amounts.

I race mostly at Sac and visit infineon and Samoa among others. My times are very close in all venues. Samoa has traction issues though.

Wind at Sac varies a lot. The track runs from west to east. The winds generally come from the south to southwest. So generally they are quartering from behind at best. Sac also runs significantly faster at night than the day, more so than the other tracks. This takes nothing away from anyone's times. If you did it, you did it the heck with the haters and excuse makers.

Congrats again Alan on a fine car.

Welcome to the forum, most of the drama about Sac surrounds the timing equipment. The issue is that something is/was off with their beems and it would display a faster trap speed than what was actually achieved...thus the drama
Old 12-10-2010, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Welcome to the forum, most of the drama about Sac surrounds the timing equipment. The issue is that something is/was off with their beems and it would display a faster trap speed than what was actually achieved...thus the drama
Actually, I think they've fixed that now so it shouldn't be a problem.... I just read Alan's post the other day about the subject:

Originally Posted by bassn_07
From what I was told, both by Hotrod and Budoboy, is that Sacramento fixed the mph beams. I haven't had a chance to witness it for myself yet but I will the next chance I get.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 12-10-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Actually, I think they've fixed that now so it shouldn't be a problem.... I just read Alan's post the other day about the subject:
that's why I said is/was.....