W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M5 Smack talk

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Zmydust
I own an e55 , since when is nitrous cheating? Its a power adder just like a supercharger or a turbo.
merry christmas to all........ read my previous posts, the m lines are dogs in the torque department, i dont give a **** if its the m5 or m6, christ i dont even care if its the m16.....end of story bmw's products produce no torque but fairly exclusive high end power..... want this ***** to know that he would get walked by a stock 04 e55
Old 12-25-2010, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by andrew knight
and its not a 55 you cement head its a 63tt
thank you for stating the obvious sir......? please enlighten me as to what your trying to say????? there will never be another e55 again, sadly but it would insult mercedes culture.... i guess the 63 sounds good
You make it sound like it's going to be a 6.3l twin turbo?
Old 12-25-2010, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
hah well ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, liquid devadasirion looooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll
Old 12-25-2010, 02:09 AM

E55 AMG
El Oh El. The eggnog must be going down good. : )
Old 12-25-2010, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
I own an e55 , since when is nitrous cheating? Its a power adder just like a supercharger or a turbo.
It has always been called cheater gas.a temp solution for power, not like a turbo or supercharger. No effort or though, cheater gas=no respect, care less if the car ran 8 seconds with it. I can put a kit in a Hyudani Excel and outrun many sports cars, does that make it a performance car? Cheater Gas.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

amg
Originally Posted by pearlpower
It has always been called cheater gas.a temp solution for power, not like a turbo or supercharger. No effort or though, cheater gas=no respect, care less if the car ran 8 seconds with it. I can put a kit in a Hyudani Excel and outrun many sports cars, does that make it a performance car? Cheater Gas.
I beg to differ. Nitrous(done properly)requires quite a bit of knowledge&expertise in and of itself. You make it sound as if it's as simple as slapping on a bottle in your backyard&having at it. Thats a surefire recipe for a pile of expensive melted parts

Some of the technology&innovation on a full blown nitrous car is enough to rattle the average persons head;especially multi-stage kits that add 600+hp...I respect a nitrous car/bike/whatever&dont shrug it off as cheater gas
Old 12-25-2010, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You can beg to differ all you want, will never change my mind. Cheap cheater can make any slow car fast, regardless of any other mods. Run out of cheater gas and guess what? Have to go get more=no more racing that evening. It's annoying to put up with people with this crap. Amongst our group of biddies, when we go out and hit the canyons and so forth, we would not allow anyone with cheater gas to join us. Just a PITA.
Kind of like having a woman with a great body for only a few hours a day. The rest of the day, she turns into Rosie O'Donnell.

Last edited by pearlpower; 12-25-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
I beat up on my buddy's M5 ('09) pretty regularly....one of the reasons I sought out and bought a used '06 E55. He's a pompous AIG banker... I'm a "software guy". I have to have a less expensive faster car just *because*. :-)
Old 12-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Banned

amg
You can beg to differ all you want, will never change my mind. Cheap cheater can make any slow car fast, regardless of any other mods. Run out of cheater gas and guess what? Have to go get more=no more racing that evening. It's annoying to put up with people with this crap. Amongst our group of biddies, when we go out and hit the canyons and so forth, we would not allow anyone with cheater gas to join us. Just a PITA.
Kind of like having a woman with a great body for only a few hours a day. The rest of the day, she turns into Rosie O'Donnell.
Not trying to change your mind,its your opinion. My reply was directed towards your comment "no effort or though(sic)" in regards to having nitrous on a car and thats anything from the truth.
Thats all,have a nice day
Old 12-25-2010, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Understand, sorry for being a bit uptight about it. Now I can understand those that have exhausted all of the mods and then move on to NOS for those track spurts. Just as a daily driver or hanging out with buddies for an evening of driving, they just annoy a few of us.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Pear just wondering how you feel on meth?im about to run a 100% setup with meth tune.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:34 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
And in your opinion, a pulley and tune is what?
Old 12-25-2010, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
I have to think that an almost perfect car would be a car that has the handling and 'tossability' of the E39 M5 (with the ability to get a manual transmission), but the raw power and more luxurious interior of the E55/E63. With both cars having distinct advantages and personalities, mixing them would be one great car.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SMP
And in your opinion, a pulley and tune is what?
Something that does not necessitate a trip to the store every few days for a refill and can go an entire road trip up California to enjoy the car on a weekend. Akin to someone that has to use ice just to pull in good times, so what? Not realistic of how fast the car is day in and day out. Or similarly, those that tune only for peak HP on a dyno, again, big deal. Impressive numbers are meaningless if they can not be duplicated every day in the real world. Really, how about we just find a 1/4 track that has a downhill slope of 40 degrees. So yes, there exist an M5 with great 1/4 times, only with cheater gas. Does nothing for me.

Last edited by pearlpower; 12-25-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

amg
Understand, sorry for being a bit uptight about it. Now I can understand those that have exhausted all of the mods and then move on to NOS for those track spurts. Just as a daily driver or hanging out with buddies for an evening of driving, they just annoy a few of us.
Yes,from that point of view I agree 110%..its lotsa fun til the bottle runs dry&then what? Game over lol

It has its purpose,but to impress your buddys or just spray a 40hp shot on a DD is a waste IMO
Old 12-25-2010, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
996 Guards red / 2008 Hayabusa / 2004 E55 AMG
Pearlpower

Either you don't understand the workings of an internal combustion engine or you have some sort of personal vendetta against nitrous use ( perhaps someone with a little kit outran you ? ) . When it comes down to it a power adder is a power adder and they can all have their limits, such as our superchargers shutting down when heat soak brings the IAT's up too high. Even if they aren't shutting down after a point heat will affect our hp output just like any other forced induction. Turbo, supercharger, nitrous all accomplishes the same end, getting more oxygen into the combustion chamber . I've owned a wide variety of cars and bikes( supercharged cars, turbo hayabusa motorcycle, nitrous hayabusa motorcyle, etc) . All power adders I have used have their positives and negatives, the beauty of nitrous is the simplicity of install, cost, and ability to either run without it for a completely stock ride and drive and reliabilty , or the ease of which it could be uninstalled for resale or warranty work. Being a car and bike enthusiast from my early days to now I've found myself appreciating and using any power adder available as long as it works . I've never found the need to dislike or rule out any of them.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:12 PM

996 Guards red / 2008 Hayabusa / 2004 E55 AMG
Good for you. Now move on and try to change the minds of the rest of the world that does not agree you. Cheater gas it stands. I posted my opinion on it and the reasoning behind it. You can post a 9 second 1/4 time, means nothing to me on NOS. Is that all you have to contribute to this site?

Have I stated that this will be the entirety of what I will contribute to the site? Your arguement baiting makes you appear childish and defensive , my sincerest apologies if you are so sensitive that my opposing view on the subject hurt your feelings.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Have I stated that this will be the entirety of what I will contribute to the site? Your arguement baiting makes you appear childish and defensive , my sincerest apologies if you are so sensitive that my opposing view on the subject hurt your feelings.
HAHA, now that actually made me chuckle a bit. Thank you. Everyone will have varying opinions on NOS or even mod'ing a car for that matter, mine are posted and the reasons why. You made ridiculous comments in your post about engine knowledge, etc and I responded in kind. Have a good day.

Last edited by pearlpower; 12-25-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:49 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Something that does not necessitate a trip to the store every few days for a refill and can go an entire road trip up California to enjoy the car on a weekend. Akin to someone that has to use ice just to pull in good times, so what? Not realistic of how fast the car is day in and day out. Or similarly, those that tune only for peak HP on a dyno, again, big deal. Impressive numbers are meaningless if they can not be duplicated every day in the real world. Really, how about we just find a 1/4 track that has a downhill slope of 40 degrees. So yes, there exist an M5 with great 1/4 times, only with cheater gas. Does nothing for me.
I understand how nitrous works and if the bottle is empty the power adder is gone. However, that wasn't my question . My question was based on your cheap cheater comment. Putting a pulley on the car falls in my opinion under cheap cheating as well. You extract more HP for very little money, but don't change the internals for the higher stress you put on the engine or address the higher operating temperatures. Same goes for a tune, unless it's electronically de-tuned from the factory like the C63. I see you run headers, which change the AFR and the tune has to be changed. But anything beyond that, falls under the same category as the pulley.

Anyway, I don't have strong personal feelings about "who runs what on their car". I also don't have strong personal feelings whether someone chooses an E55 over an M5/6 or vice versa.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SMP
I understand how nitrous works and if the bottle is empty the power adder is gone.
Nuff said!

Back to topic, still waiting on an M5/M6 owner to meet the challenge.

Last edited by pearlpower; 12-26-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:12 PM

06 BMW M5 and 03 MB SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by skratch77
You are assuming way to much bud,the next E55 will set a new standard for you guys to talk about for the next 5 years,heck the new s63 with that same engine does 0-60 in 4.2 seconds what do you think the lighter E55 will do?

Ohh and the MB has a seven speed mct tranny also

The e55 will have more torque like always,664ftlb vs 550? if there even going to have that much out of there V8
Why does everyone here assume that torque wins races??? Let me if I can find somebody in West Coast Cali (or wherever you are) to see if he can race you. Since you're modded, I would like the challenger to preferrably to have headers and other bolts ons too (RPI Scoops, air intakes etc.)

Looks like my m5 boys need at least an RPI Stage 2 BMW M5/M6 to beat your E55 past 150 mph I'd say

As for the new S63, look at BMW's X5M and X6M...waaaay heavier but can do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds also.... Logic? Newer LIGHTER M5 with MORE power and better transmission will DESTROY!

I've driven the MB's 7 MCT Tranny before on a friend's SL63 AMG and it doesn't compare even the M5's SMGIII LET ALONE a Porsche PDK transmission...unless you like automatics...
Can't wait for BMW's DCT to be placed on the next gen M5!

Last edited by Slow_E60_M5; 12-26-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:18 PM

06 BMW M5 and 03 MB SL55 AMG
by the way dont ever come on this forum again.... your not welcome
Thanks! Do you represent all of mbworld? You're hilarious! Even more hilarious is the fact that you couldn't even spell/differentiate "You're" and "your"!

Please, if you're going to tell me to "kindly" leave, then please present proper grammar, spelling usage and comprehension. Thank you good sir.

If you wanna throw insults like you calling me a cement head even though once again "YOU'RE" (I know the difference) wrong because even the upcoming E63 AMG will have a 5.5TT NOT a 63TT like you said... then I can say for YOU to sell your 04 E55 AMG (how could you afford that with your attitude and grammar? ) and get Hooked On Phonics.

Good day to you buddy boy.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMWs do have outstanding transmissions, must give them that. M5 version is a bit clunky but I think they resolved that in later years. I drove an early model.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Slow_E60_M5
Why does everyone here assume that torque wins races??? Let me if I can find somebody in West Coast Cali (or wherever you are) to see if he can race you. Since you're modded, I would like the challenger to preferrably to have headers and other bolts ons too (RPI Scoops, air intakes etc.)

Looks like my m5 boys need at least an RPI Stage 2 BMW M5/M6 to beat your E55 past 150 mph I'd say

As for the new S63, look at BMW's X5M and X6M...waaaay heavier but can do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds also.... Logic? Newer LIGHTER M5 with MORE power and better transmission will DESTROY!

I've driven the MB's 7 MCT Tranny before on a friend's SL63 AMG and it doesn't compare even the M5's SMGIII LET ALONE a Porsche PDK transmission...unless you like automatics...
Can't wait for BMW's DCT to be placed on the next gen M5!
My car is stored for the winter,My friend has an M6 and another with an M5,They dont bother running me since they know what my car will do.

Ill race one with 4 people in my car(to 100)since I dont want to put others in danger and Ill show you how torque wins races!

I actually like my long gearing in my car because I can be doing 10mph in second and race someone all the way up to 90 ish and use my whole torque curve.

The pull of my car is unreal.Find who ever you want,I know the outcome either way

Ohhh and the SMG trannys are JUNK both my friends cars are in the shop right now.One of them spent 10k for a new tranny and the others bill is 5k so far in his M6 and they both dont have any warenty left.

The M5 just got fixed and he is selling the car,its a low mile hooked up ride,he spent like 10k just in exh,he is running full supersprint and alot of other mods.The M5 is for sale for 30k,that is an unreal price considering he just dumped 10k for a brand new smg **** box and my other friend is dumping his M6 for 38k because of the junk smg tranny.

Im not making this up,this is 2 people that I know that will NEVER buy an smg car again

Last edited by skratch77; 12-26-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Wow and i thought the C63 vs M3 battle was bad lol. Honestly from what i've seen and encountered(beaten plenty of M5's) an M5 will ALWAYS get beat by a E55 stock vs stock. It is amazing how fast E55 can become with less than 5k. The M guys should stay with their twisties stories and accept already which is the faster car in a straight line, the E.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: M5 Smack talk