MBH LTH lower price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
Is it long-tube or mid-length 4 into 1?

Long-tubes - A specific style of full-length header where all four primary tubes are long and extend past the final bend before entering into a collector.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I have installed a set of these headers on a E55 and quality was top notch! Had em in the car in no time!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I'm always willing to help people out on dealers for any type of header we offer. In fact if we don't offer it, I'll make it. I am part owner of 3 companies including MBH. When I came on here I was just an average joe loving to talk cars. With that said I didn't make my living to afford my 3rd Mercedes by selling headers. In fact every day I juggle all 3 companies. I started MBH because it was a fun idea, It gave me an excuse to be around cars whenever I want. If people think there is big money in selling hand made headers? There simply isn't. I try to be as transparent with my dealings as possible. If I get deals from the steel yard I always pass the saving on to the end user. In the end I give away so much free stuff, when I want to do a project. When other may only discount. I do it for free. On my dime. Mike, I even paid for your dyno out of my pocket. Just to meet and great other AMG enthusiasts in the area. Mike, before my E55 exhaust project fell off the deep end. I was going to do your mufflers and exhaust for free. In fact when I pick it back up, I'll do someone else's for free.

If MBH was the only source of income I had, MBH would be non-existent. One less sponsor for the forum and, one less header system available to you guys. the case it this, MBH will not fail, because its backed by me and my personal funds. So as long as my other companies do well, MBH will be around for a long time.

If you think there is some price gouging, gas station, scam going on. Then why are my headers for other cars priced less than everyone else? Why is our G55 header that is coming out $1200 less then the other one available?

People are quick to jump on the benz tax wagon. and its fine if they think that way.

Has anyone priced out 321 plate steel? Its crazy expensive and I have to search high and low sometimes to get it. A 24"x36"x 3/8" is like $700. Sure we get a few flanges cut out of it, but there is always "drop" (wasted material). When you have over $1000 (closer to $1500) just in one set of headers, and you haven't even added up $70 an hour I pay my head fabricator. Who puts about 16 man hours into each set, making every thing by hand... Where is the profitability in doing this? Then the $200-$300 a month just to let you guy know here at MBW I'm making headers. There's not much loot to go around when its all said and done. Maybe thats the reason no one really makes long tubes for these cars.

One thing is for sure hard work is not rewarded when I sell a set of headers. If that was the only reward I would have been long gone a while ago. Its rewarded when someone tell you they love the product. To me thats what keeps we wanting to do this. In fact it doesn't matter who does or doesn't buy into that. Its the people who know me personally that do. If it was all about the money and profitability making headers, then why am i so burnt out doing this?
Hi Mike. I would first like to retract my scam comment because it was in no way directed at you, but rather the technique of raising prices and then having a sale. Your items are quality and you can tell from the pictures. My simple point that I was trying to make was that the materials do not cost what you said, at least what my buddy pays for them, but of course if you buy different amounts and from different suppliers prices vary. Also, I was under the impression you were the man from beginning to end buying the material, fabricating, and welding, not paying someone which obviously costs a lot of coin at $75/hour. Again, not trying to rain on the thread or start feuds with anybody because it is your business and customers, and I do not want to interfere. Thanks on the dyno as I have told you before, and I'm sure your exhaust will sound killer when you get time to complete that project!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by GHAZAN

Long-tubes - A specific style of full-length header where all four primary tubes are long and extend past the final bend before entering into a collector.
Was this rhetorical? You answered your own question (if you look at the pics, and then read the definition).
Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55

i would love to know who made up definition. and what is "extending past the final bend?" If you like smashing your collector off a speed bump then you will have to build a header that requires o2 extensions. Remember when headers came out there was no o2 sensors and there was a lot more room. If by someones definition the collector has to be under the chassis, You've had your nose in the Jegs catalog to long. Just because the tubes are not under the chassis does not mean the tubes (primaries) are not long. Definitions found on forum sites are worse than quoting Wikipedia as fact.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:30 PM

2019 s560 sedan
3k for e63 211 headers too ????

HAVE NO MONEY BUT COULD SCROUNGE UP A FEW BUCKS HERE AND THERE FOR A DISCOUNTED SET OF LONG TUBES

CMON TIMES ARE TOUGH !!!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by malakasnyc
3k for e63 211 headers too ????

HAVE NO MONEY BUT COULD SCROUNGE UP A FEW BUCKS HERE AND THERE FOR A DISCOUNTED SET OF LONG TUBES

CMON TIMES ARE TOUGH !!!!!
I hear your gripe, I will see what I can do.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Hey Hooley, off topic but thanks a lot for the ELM! Your the man in my book!
Old 01-15-2011, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
I was quoting the honorable moderator, Superlubricity. And it wasn't a rhetorical because I'm wondering they are called LTs, but there so many variations of 'true' LTs and long mid-lengths. BTW here is the wiki link.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...manifolds.html
Old 01-15-2011, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Hooley, I say we do this:

Slap a pair of them long tubes on my car and I will document the entire process and dyno in HD video. You bring the headers and I'll bring the beer!

Old 01-15-2011, 04:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I was quoting the honorable moderator, Superlubricity. And it wasn't a rhetorical because I'm wondering they are called LTs, but there so many variations of 'true' LTs and long mid-lengths. BTW here is the wiki link.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...manifolds.html
honorable? sure. Good guy? sure. Does that mean they have the credentials to define what is and what isn't? If you agree with what is, or what isn't, a LTH thats fine. We try to optimize our headers for the 55k by ending the primary length just after the exhaust pulse stops being supersonic. Granted, we might be a few inches off of that mark, but thats the chassis dictating some of the design.

Its like the effective range of a bullet. A bullet will be more effective when its supersonic and not as effective when it becomes subsonic. What I mean by that is... if your header is to long, it might start having a fall off in efficacy. Or not working at peak performance. in turn leaving power on the table at some point in the RPM range. With our 55k headers gains are seen in every level of the RPM range. As they are designed to make top end power.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by TheVazha
Hooley, I say we do this:

Slap a pair of them long tubes on my car and I will document the entire process and dyno in HD video. You bring the headers and I'll bring the beer!

Did you say Beer?
Old 01-15-2011, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
honorable? sure. Good guy? sure. Does that mean they have the credentials to define what is and what isn't? If you agree with what is, or what isn't, a LTH thats fine.
I've noticed a change when it comes to header definitions, just in the last year or so. Seems like before, anything that wasn't a shorty header (which I'd define as retaining the stock primary cat, and bolting in place of the factory manifold), was considered a "long-tube" header instead, and was marketed as such. So, essentially, you had shorties, or LTs. There would be a few comments here and there about "true" LTs... but not much distinction or efforts to define the differences.

While I agree with superlubricity's header definitions personally, it's important to note that even if a header isn't technically a "long-tube header" - it doesn't mean it isn't good, or won't make power, etc. MBH's designs have proven to make power (as have Kleemann's, FF's, etc.). Especially when you consider how restrictive many AMG's factory manifold designs are - any of the "usual suspects" of M113 headers are a huge improvement.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
The average Benz driver is about as knowledgeable as a roll of paper towels when it comes to the performance aftermarket, charge them as much as they are willing to pay.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:09 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by emoving
Hey Hooley, off topic but thanks a lot for the ELM! Your the man in my book!
This! Can't wait to get my M1!

Gook luck with the group buy.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Rust bucket
The average Benz driver is about as knowledgeable as a roll of paper towels when it comes to the performance aftermarket, charge them as much as they are willing to pay.

Speak for yourself!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:09 PM

C55 AMG, BMW 535i, Mazda Cx-7, Nissan 240sx
How much for a set for a C55?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 PM

2005 Flint Grey E55
I've been wanting these headers for a while but Santa didn't bring them home

What can you do for us?! And that DC160 package sounds mean, keep us posted

Does this package consiste of the: MBH Headers, ASP 180mm pulley, and Dyno Comp tune?!

Last edited by AKxSpyO; 01-16-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by AKxSpyO
I've been wanting these headers for a while but Santa didn't bring them home

What can you do for us?! And that DC160 package sounds mean, keep us posted

Does this package consiste of the: MBH Headers, ASP 180mm pulley, and Dyno Comp tune?!
for the person looking for simple mods that can be installed in 1 day and completely transform their car. 3 mods = DC610. I plan on doing a lot more mods, but right now we are making what I feel are great numbers without cams, without a throttle body and with a stock airbox. All on 91 octane pump gas. I should have some track results on street tires this weekend.

In the past others have found a way to make the same power and more. But I can't recall 3 easier mods that are making this kind of power. I tell you what from my own butt dyno and my biggest critic, my brother. We are both having a bunch of fun with the new power.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by sinister55
How much for a set for a C55?
Let me look at my price sheet tomorrow and see if it needs updating. Then I will get back to you on the C55 headers.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
Pmed you with no return
Old 01-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Evolved8
Pmed you with no return

Can you Pm me your VIN # so we can see if its a match. There are some 03's that the M1 does not work on. We will know as soon as we can check the vin.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:13 AM

2005 Flint Grey E55
for the person looking for simple mods that can be installed in 1 day and completely transform their car. 3 mods = DC610. I plan on doing a lot more mods, but right now we are making what I feel are great numbers without cams, without a throttle body and with a stock airbox. All on 91 octane pump gas. I should have some track results on street tires this weekend.

In the past others have found a way to make the same power and more. But I can't recall 3 easier mods that are making this kind of power. I tell you what from my own butt dyno and my biggest critic, my brother. We are both having a bunch of fun with the new power.
So when can we order the DC160 my friend
Old 01-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by AKxSpyO
So when can we order the DC160 my friend
The DC610 package can be ordered when ever you like. Feel free to call Dyno-Comp any time 480.596.0500 or PM me.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Banned

yup
Originally Posted by emoving
These stupid comments on this thread more and more make me not want to come here. As the price of these cars drop, so do the drivers intellect. Its come a long way since you bought my E55 Ilya!

quite frankly im sick of you posting on the e55/63 forum... you own a cls55, get out of this thread and stop acting like you own this domain.... see ya, enjoy the barely view cls section.... peace

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBH LTH lower price