W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEtuning or Eurocharged Tune??

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55 amg, 99 Audi A4 1/4 mile 11.1@124
Originally Posted by ssonss1
One more thing, tbal had traction on and it kept him from going in the beginning, i'll post the second vid shortly
I didn't see any traction light come on.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Originally Posted by nicco
Heres the first one, second one is still getting edited

http://youtu.be/-qALBxBa1wo?hd=1
Seems obvious now...There truly is only one tuner worth giving your money to...

Tbal why'd you start down at 3,000 rpm...

And why did this pissing match get revived anyways..?

Last edited by citylightva; 08-03-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250

This is the top 20 from Drag times for the E55 crew (No NOS and duplicate drivers removed)
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by gavin18t
I didn't see any traction light come on.
It did, you can also hear it bog down...

2nd run is much better, I do pull on him, but again, my tune needs to be refined, as it was a safe tune and I should pull much harder! (I told Jerry too make it safe because I couldnt check AFR's at the time...)

we will do more pulls (in mexico of course) once Im retuned.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Originally Posted by citylightva
Seems obvious now...There truly is only one tuner worth giving your money to...

Tbal why'd you start down at 3,000 rpm...

And why did this pissing match get revived anyways..?
Yes, also I was in wrong gear...
Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 PM

E55 AMG
Second run your car was pulling much stronger but we did back to back runs and that where your split cooling took affect
Old 08-03-2011, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
True, plus the he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyg-ktazJDE

(Some video clipping occured in beginning)
Old 08-03-2011, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Originally Posted by tbal
Yes, also I was in wrong gear...
Done that a lot more than once myself
Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Once tuned, I will post new results, and 1/4 times
Old 08-04-2011, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
Originally Posted by tbal
Once tuned, I will post new results, and 1/4 times
When ya getting tuned again?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Gonna confirm with Mr. Jms
Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 PM

2006 E55 AMG
All the idiots on these forums

This is to all of the idiots that get on to the newbies for asking the same questions... what does that say about your level of intelligence that you continue to read them??? Or do you just get your satisfaction knowing that you don't have the ***** (because your some little nerd or weak kid that was picked on in school) to be a ***** to someones face, because you know that you would get B*&$CH slapped! People spend $1,000's of dollars on these cars... if you don't like the question, don't respond!

Sincerly

A Newbie
Old 09-26-2012, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cmccort
This is to all of the idiots that get on to the newbies for asking the same questions... what does that say about your level of intelligence that you continue to read them??? Or do you just get your satisfaction knowing that you don't have the ***** (because your some little nerd or weak kid that was picked on in school) to be a ***** to someones face, because you know that you would get B*&$CH slapped! People spend $1,000's of dollars on these cars... if you don't like the question, don't respond!

Sincerly

A Newbie
Says the gansta with 1 post.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth

Sincerly

A Newbie
my belt keeps coming off my crank pulley, can you recommend me what to do?

Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Infraction?

I guess in some cases it is frowned upon when you purposefully humiliate other forum members? If I’m being introspective I will admit that I could have made my case in a much more constructive manner... oop's, lesson learned, maybe?

Here’s the thing. Two weeks ago I bought a 06 E55 with 58K miles for my son who is about to graduate from UNC (Chapel Hill). He is a great kid who has never given me any trouble and absolutely deserves what he regards as his first "dream car", not sure I would agree, but then again I won't be driving it. So until he comes home next month I have been driving the car and was extremely surprised at the difference between it and my daily driver, 11 S600? While I have owned several MB this is the first AMG, out of ignorance I have always assumed they are all MB why would there be a difference?? Although I will tell you that this is a great car to drive!!! I was concerned with several items after a week of driving so I turned to the forum to try to get some answers before taking it to a dealer with a laundry list of concerns that are going to cost me additional $ on top of what I just paid for the car. I guess I was shocked at the level of disrespect I seem to encounter in post after post when I would search my topics (the reason I only have one post, I did most my research from the search menu). I was also surprised at how many different views, which were posted as fact, there were? Leading me to believe that possibly less than half of what's on this forum is just opinion, not fact as many of the members would lead you to believe. Just research K&N filter, or "Sneaky ECU reset". Anyhow, enough of my whining. I will let the experts take care of the car.

I have wasted enough time so please do not bother responding to my post because I will not likely be back to the forum. I hold no ill will or grudges, not even towards those who ratted me out (staining an otherwise unblemished record with an infraction that will likely follow me for life) and you know who you are! I understand your point as well GT-R I have only one post, unlike you I have not had the time to over compensate for short comings with thousands of posts (so sad my man ) but I can empathize with you... I spent a week in Puerto Rico in 06, can't imagine having to live in that place.

To all of those I have not offended I say "Get to know me" and to the rest I say... well I don't know what I usually say, my wife say's that's the reason I offend everyone????
Old 09-27-2012, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
E55s are junk.I would of bought my son an M3.I can't stand driving my car and at his age he will hate it also.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
I guess in some cases it is frowned upon when you purposefully humiliate other forum members? If I’m being introspective I will admit that I could have made my case in a much more constructive manner... oop's, lesson learned, maybe?

Here’s the thing. Two weeks ago I bought a 06 E55 with 58K miles for my son who is about to graduate from UNC (Chapel Hill). He is a great kid who has never given me any trouble and absolutely deserves what he regards as his first "dream car", not sure I would agree, but then again I won't be driving it. So until he comes home next month I have been driving the car and was extremely surprised at the difference between it and my daily driver, 11 S600? While I have owned several MB this is the first AMG, out of ignorance I have always assumed they are all MB why would there be a difference?? Although I will tell you that this is a great car to drive!!! I was concerned with several items after a week of driving so I turned to the forum to try to get some answers before taking it to a dealer with a laundry list of concerns that are going to cost me additional $ on top of what I just paid for the car. I guess I was shocked at the level of disrespect I seem to encounter in post after post when I would search my topics (the reason I only have one post, I did most my research from the search menu). I was also surprised at how many different views, which were posted as fact, there were? Leading me to believe that possibly less than half of what's on this forum is just opinion, not fact as many of the members would lead you to believe. Just research K&N filter, or "Sneaky ECU reset". Anyhow, enough of my whining. I will let the experts take care of the car.

I have wasted enough time so please do not bother responding to my post because I will not likely be back to the forum. I hold no ill will or grudges, not even towards those who ratted me out (staining an otherwise unblemished record with an infraction that will likely follow me for life) and you know who you are! I understand your point as well GT-R I have only one post, unlike you I have not had the time to over compensate for short comings with thousands of posts (so sad my man ) but I can empathize with you... I spent a week in Puerto Rico in 06, can't imagine having to live in that place.

To all of those I have not offended I say "Get to know me" and to the rest I say... well I don't know what I usually say, my wife say's that's the reason I offend everyone????
Sorry you feel this way in this forum. Just wish you the best with the E55.
If you have any questions about the car, you should post up. Whoever want to answer or help will just chin in. I have owned my 06 for 3.5 years not many problems....... so in your case you should be fine. Any questions just post. Good luck.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Sincerly

A Newbie
I'm about your son's age, and I would be completely embarrassed if my dad came on here and tried making a fool of ALL of the members on here if he were to buy me that car (these cars have come down so much in value so I just bought mine myself)
I ask you this though, what if your son decides to make his own account and join this forum, make a thread about an intro about himself LIKE A MAN, explain how he got the car, then we realize he's your son. No matter what kind of person your son is, we're going to keep in mind what his father said, and his legit questions will also go unanswered and possibly ridiculed because of YOU. don't come on here demanding instant respect, you're just a screen name until you start making quite a few posts. Questions are good, ask them.who cares if they're newbie questions, just make sure they're legit and relative.if you're too afraid to make a new thread in fear of ridicule, message someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about. Your son will join this forum, just watch.goodluck.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:30 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Validation

CharlyE500 - Thank you for the response and kind wishes. Too bad there are not more members like you on this forum.

Kunzi - You have proven my point. First of all I did not attempt to embarrass ALL of the members; I addressed specifically those that fit a certain profile defined clearly in my post... try reading it slowly. Think about your response, you are actually telling me, no threatening me that you and other members will get your revenge on my son (who has absolutely nothing to do with this) because of what I said or did???? How does that even make sense in your head? Insult me, disagree with what I say, humiliate me (as is common on this forum), but to threaten me with retaliation against another person for my actions????? You are exactly what is wrong with this forum my friend. I wish you the best, and thank you for validating my initial thoughts on members such as yourself!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
CharlyE500 - Thank you for the response and kind wishes. Too bad there are not more members like you on this forum.

Kunzi - You have proven my point. First of all I did not attempt to embarrass ALL of the members; I addressed specifically those that fit a certain profile defined clearly in my post... try reading it slowly. Think about your response, you are actually telling me, no threatening me that you and other members will get your revenge on my son (who has absolutely nothing to do with this) because of what I said or did???? How does that even make sense in your head? Insult me, disagree with what I say, humiliate me (as is common on this forum), but to threaten me with retaliation against another person for my actions????? You are exactly what is wrong with this forum my friend. I wish you the best, and thank you for validating my initial thoughts on members such as yourself!
you embarassed your son, not members. please, don't try and make anyone look stupid, just go take a look in the mirror. the more you talk, the more you give your son a bad rep. who i did NOT say i would hate or bash on. i'm the nice guy, you've seen how people can get on here. run while you can
Old 09-27-2012, 05:16 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Verbatim

"we're going to keep in mind what his father said, and his legit questions will also go unanswered and possibly ridiculed because of YOU."

" run while you can "

These are your quotes! You wrote it? You just continue to dig the hole deeper. Seriously, you may want to spend some time working on your
comprehension, literary and writing skills instead of engaging in combative banter on the internet. Friendly suggestion.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
you may want to spend some time working on your
comprehension, literary and writing skills instead of engaging in combative banter on the internet. Friendly suggestion.

says the guy with 4 post that are all inflamatory and combative

lol pot meet kettle
Old 09-27-2012, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
you embarassed your son, not members. please, don't try and make anyone look stupid, just go take a look in the mirror. the more you talk, the more you give your son a bad rep. who i did NOT say i would hate or bash on. i'm the nice guy, you've seen how people can get on here. run while you can
Dude, stop wasting your time while explaining something to some clueless person, it is like pissing against the rain. Scratch perfectly said it:E55s are junk.I would of bought my son an M3.I can't stand driving my car and at his age he will hate it also.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:48 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Could not do it

gaspam - You are correct in your observation my good man... the difference being I make no claim to have clean hands. If you read my follow up I take absolute responsibility for my brash (nice way of saying knee jerk, petty, a$$ho!e etc...) behavior. I use a lot of humor that is sometimes difficult to detect... however your point is taken.

Karlson - you are absoulutely correct, however I sometimes enjoy pissing against the rain... keeps the blood flowing and reminds you that you're still alive! I have to respecfully disagree with your assessment of the MB E55 though, I could never abandon the MB brand and this E55 is a monster. As a matter of fact, I might be willing to give up the S600 for an older model S class AMG before it's all said and done??????? I am in my early 40's and I cannot believe that I have just discovered the AMG?
Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
gaspam - You are correct in your observation my good man... the difference being I make no claim to have clean hands. If you read my follow up I take absolute responsibility for my brash (nice way of saying knee jerk, petty, a$$ho!e etc...) behavior. I use a lot of humor that is sometimes difficult to detect... however your point is taken.

Karlson - you are absoulutely correct, however I sometimes enjoy pissing against the rain... keeps the blood flowing and reminds you that you're still alive! I have to respecfully disagree with your assessment of the MB E55 though, I could never abandon the MB brand and this E55 is a monster. As a matter of fact, I might be willing to give up the S600 for an older model S class AMG before it's all said and done??????? I am in my early 40's and I cannot believe that I have just discovered the AMG?
now we're getting somewhere. ever considered the new E63 with the M157 twin turbo V8? you can make tons of reliable power with those with just a tune.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OEtuning or Eurocharged Tune??