W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEtuning or Eurocharged Tune??

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by motorkas
tastes great...less filling....TASTES GREAT....LESS FILLING

Shardul - way to keep pushing with your beast - everytime I come on board there's something new that keeps taking it to another level

are you guys road tripping up to Ohio this June so I can finally buy you that keg I owe you
I will buy a scond one!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro
Originally Posted by Rust bucket
Fast is a measure of speed so the fastests would be exotic metal and I'm pretty sure he has a eurochared tune.

k-thx-bye,
Hey "Full throttle" I think your 600whp CLS is faster than Exotics metal's
Old 02-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by motorkas
tastes great...less filling....TASTES GREAT....LESS FILLING

Shardul - way to keep pushing with your beast - everytime I come on board there's something new that keeps taking it to another level

are you guys road tripping up to Ohio this June so I can finally buy you that keg I owe you
Hey man I plan to make it up there with the Texas crew :-)
Old 02-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by emoving
I will buy a scond one!
Wow that is a lot of beer:-)
Old 02-07-2011, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by shardul
Wow that is a lot of beer:-)
Its gonna be a long weekend!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
"Full dousche bag"
Old 02-07-2011, 07:39 PM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by shardul
True they have very good times and i respect them. But still LOLZ to your post hahahahahaha
I seriously believe there should be some sort stepping forward and take responsability by either Jerry or whoever it is that owns Eurocharged because seems like there is always an excuse for blown motors or things get solved behind the scenes which is fine but once it goes public thats when it becomes everyones fault but the actual tuner's...then companies split or tuners part ways, there is too much covering up..

My car was not tuned by Jerry, who knows results would have been different if he did, maybe he's got the magic all you guys say he has but he told me himself he studied the file on my car and swore there was nothing wrong with it..not sure what really happened between them and Tony the Master Tuner..

Not going to get into who is the fastest, plus i dont post Dyno's since its easier to scan a time slip

All i can say the only 55ks trapping over 130 without Nitrous are tuned by OEtuning.. I know of cars with EC tune around my way, running on the same DA and with similar mods than the ones on my car and i have not heard of such numbers from them..More to come

Again Jeremy @ OEtuning

Last edited by LOCO 05' E55; 02-07-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
I am not a big fan of threads like this, as you can see the typical results of this one. LOLz = The members loose beating up the only tuners we have on the board.

Bottom line here ,, no cars here have blown up running the 1/4 mile period! 10-11 seconds under boost in a 1/4 mile is not a good test of a tune that will allow your car to live day in and day out.. A lean car can make power and live through the 1/4 mile pretty easy..

You want to test a tune, then you do what I have .. Run the mo fo 4 passes down the texas mile! Run speeds that Vet`s wet dream to do and many other modified race cars. Do it in the heat and 25 plus mph cross wind.. The cars on this forum that blow, most are at high speeds and under extended boost.. I have a Eurocharged tune and have for the last 30K! My Texas mile tune (that people line up to get installed) is damn proven and well tested! Enough said.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 02-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

well said exotic-metal55.

Last edited by shardul; 02-07-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
OP, as you can see, threads like these turn into chest-thumping tugs-of-war.

Searching sucks, because stuff gets covered up... usually, people get pressured or guilt-tripped into deleting their threads, or never posting them to begin with. There winds up being an entire MBWorld "underground" where the real, full stories get passed around via PM, amongst a relatively small group of enthusiasts. It's a predicament.

In the end, do the best due diligence you can do, and go with your gut on what feels like the right choice for you. Best of luck, and sincerely hope it all comes up roses for you.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I am not a big fan of threads like this, as you can see the typical results of this one. LOLz = The members loose beating up the only tuners we have on the board.

Bottom line here ,, no cars here have blown up running the 1/4 mile period! 10-11 seconds under boost in a 1/4 mile is not a good test of a tune that will allow your car to live day in and day out.. A lean car can make power and live through the 1/4 mile pretty easy..

You want to test a tune, then you do what I have .. Run the mo fo 4 passes down the texas mile! Run speeds that Vet`s wet dream to do and many other modified race cars. Do it in the heat and 25 plus mph cross wind.. The cars on this forum that blow, most are at high speeds and under extended boost.. I have a Eurocharged tune and have for the last 30K! My Texas mile tune (that people line up to get installed) is damn proven and well tested! Enough said.
Hey Brooke you mean you dont live your life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 10 seconds or less you're free.

Well said, and congrats on the new numbers
Old 02-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
Watch out he will talk about his garage queen supra. His car was sitting at the dealer not too long ago lol. If only you knew how little this "racecar builder" knew.
Originally Posted by emoving
"Full dousche bag"

This is not entirely true. Cars blow up in the 1/4 mile all the time. Running lean under boost can definitely cause problems even if only for a few seconds. Using your car as an example is not very indicative of a typical 55k. You have forged aftermarket internals. One of the very few to do so successfully I've been through my fair share of tuners. Jerry and Jake are nice guys and they treated me well. Some of the old tuners were less than stellar but Jerry's tunes seem to work well from what I've seen/experienced. I ran a 10.58 on a EC tune

That being said Jeremy is also a nice guy and from what I've seen with E55's he does good work. As witnessed by Alan and Luis cars among others.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. The thing I would stress the most is that you should know what you want out of the tune and make sure the tuner can/does deliver that (I recommend monitoring AFR and timing). To me customer service is ESSENTIAL. I would give up a few hp for better service. And I would definitely give up a few hp for longevity/reliability.

Oh and vettes have nothing to envy from benzes in terms of performance. A few grand and they will smoke almost any benz around

Last edited by blackbenzz; 02-07-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
When I first got my ride I did the research. Despite some negative press, I went with Eurocharged. At first it was just a tune on the stock pulley and the results were terrific. It literally felt like a brand new car, pulled like a freight train.

After about 8K miles I installed a EC 180mm pulley and shipped my ECU to Jerry for a re-tune. Now, being that I'm not a track guy, the power is overwhelming. When I throw the fiance in the car and open it up she literally threatens to leave me. I let my little bro drive the car and he is now obsessed with the idea of owning his own E55 (Previous BMW owner).

Since EC tuned my car, I have clocked over 10K healthy miles. The customer service is A++ and I couldn't be happier with the tune. The price, cs, and results are all I hoped for.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
I was a ginny pig for eurocharged,there first tune on my car would not get an inspection sticker,2 of the obd2 monitors were frpzen up,actually none of my eurocharged tunes could get an inspection sticker.this was with stock everything and had just a pulley and a heatexchanger.

I will post up my dyno of the nice lean a/f with a 180 pulley if you guys want to see it.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by skratch77
I was a ginny pig for eurocharged,there first tune on my car would not get an inspection sticker,2 of the obd2 monitors were frpzen up,actually none of my eurocharged tunes could get an inspection sticker.this was with stock everything and had just a pulley and a heatexchanger.

I will post up my dyno of the nice lean a/f with a 180 pulley if you guys want to see it.
Who tuned it? I don't think Jerry would do that
Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Who tuned it? I don't think Jerry would do that
I had to basically tell him to lower my timing and add fuel,like 10 times and waiting and waiting to get my car running safe took forever.I ended up taking everything I bought from them and sending it back for a 2100 dollar refund(spent over 3k)plus taking wobbling pulleys on and off my car and tearing the supercharger off and on trying to get there porsche throttle body to work on my car without throwing codes.I was out over 1k in labor at that point and went with kleemann tuning and evotech pulley and never looked back.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I had to basically tell him to lower my timing and add fuel,like 10 times and waiting and waiting to get my car running safe took forever.I ended up taking everything I bought from them and sending it back for a 2100 dollar refund(spent over 3k)plus taking wobbling pulleys on and off my car and tearing the supercharger off and on trying to get there porsche throttle body to work on my car without throwing codes.I was out over 1k in labor at that point and went with kleemann tuning and evotech pulley and never looked back.
Wow ok. This was a Jerry tune?

I forgot to mention that when it comes to customer service I think Cory at Kleemann is the best in the business and the guy definitely knows what he's talkin about!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
here is my first or second retune,cant remember but it was 12s a/f at around 450whp around 5k with 30 degree timing.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
here was my timing at 6000 rpms,I took the liberty to blur the rest of the tune out but I was running 30 f u c k i n degres at 6000 rpms with a 12 a/f ratio and a 180 pulley,no doubt in my mind my car would of been the next e55 to blow up.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:27 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Wow ok. This was a Jerry tune?
I never tuned his car. I relayed information to our tuner at that time and asked him to handle it. I answered his txt's and phone calls personally and did what I could to get his concerns handled.

He still believes to this day that his throttle body kit was defective. The funny thing is that when he returned it, we installed it on Jakes E55 and it's been there ever since......with no issues.

We have now tuned more than 1400 Mercedes Benz vehicles in 2 years. Despite the issues that have come up, we still have an excellent track record.

There are a few people on this forum that will always be anti EC, but we can't please everyone. 10 unhappy customers out of the 2000+ (all car makes) is a number I'm happy to represent.

We have made many changes internally over the past 6 months to ensure that we retain a high level of customer satisfaction.

I will continue to operate in this manner, ensuring that all of my customers come first.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
I never tuned his car. I relayed information to our tuner at that time and asked him to handle it. I answered his txt's and phone calls personally and did what I could to get his concerns handled.

He still believes to this day that his throttle body kit was defective. The funny thing is that when he returned it, we installed it on Jakes E55 and it's been there ever since......with no issues.

We have now tuned more than 1400 Mercedes Benz vehicles in 2 years. Despite the issues that have come up, we still have an excellent track record.

There are a few people on this forum that will always be anti EC, but we can't please everyone. 10 unhappy customers out of the 2000+ (all car makes) is a number I'm happy to represent.

We have made many changes internally over the past 6 months to ensure that we retain a high level of customer satisfaction.

I will continue to operate in this manner, ensuring that all of my customers come first.
Bull **** you didnt tune my car,are you ****ing serious?????? wow never mind Im done with this sht.

So when I texted you to add wayyy more fuel and lower my timing from 29 to 25 who the **** was tuning my car??????

when you told me some cars were not passing obd2 and had a fix coming and was in testing who was I talking too? ohh please

forget the thottle body,my car never ran right with anything from you,2 wobbling pulleys and a tune that never passed obd checks

YOU ARE A LIAR,you remote tuned my car from your house while I had to wait in my car over an hour because your internet at home was not working right.

Last edited by skratch77; 02-07-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
here was my timing at 6000 rpms,I took the liberty to blur the rest of the tune out but I was running 30 f u c k i n degres at 6000 rpms with a 12 a/f ratio and a 180 pulley,no doubt in my mind my car would of been the next e55 to blow up.

Angelo - You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The map that you are sharing with everyone is not the actual timing that your car was running. The timing numbers are impossible for any E55 to run.

The math used to calculate the timing was changed for our protection.

See the little blue line? It represents the stock file. See how it floats between 22 and 25 degrees at 88 - 100 load? A stock E55 does not run between 22 and 25 degrees timing stock in that range. Ask anyone that knows....

Bull **** you didnt tune my car,are you ****ing serious?????? wow never mind Im done with this sht.

So when I texted you to add wayyy more fuel and lower my timing from 29 to 25 who the **** was tuning my car??????

when you told me some cars were not passing obd2 and had a fix coming and was in testing who was I talking too? ohh please

forget the thottle body,my car never ran right with anything from you,2 wobbling pulleys and a tune that never passed obd checks

Please be done with it. I'm tired of reading the lies you continue to post about ME. I understand you were not happy. You were refunded your money and found a solution that makes you happy.

Tony tuned your car. Tony tuned almost every ECU in 2009 - 2010. I did help him out from time to time, but I trusted him and delagated work as much as I could. At that time I had a M-F 7-5 day job like most others.

I'm sorry you assumed that I was the one tuning your car, but the fact is I wasn't.

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.com; 02-07-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:50 PM

P-Carro

Again!!!

Someone say-Yes We have screwed some cars up and we chose the wrong people to tweak our tunes but we have cleaned up our act and there is only one person safely tuning cars etc..

A car that hits 130+ on the quarter is at no risk of blowing up..therefore

not a proven tune

I believe you had tuned 20 times for your mile event, it almost seems like you guys are always having dyno sessions. Or you are going to tell me the mile tune is what you have used at the track? Im not sure why i would have my tune tweaked so many times if its good in the first place..

I had Jeremy tune my car once my friend one and only one time, "uno"... no tweaking nothing!!!

I too can have a tune made for a mile, maybe when i get tired of the 1320' I'll have some Homework... The Mile!!!!

Hopefully i can go 180 mph
Old 02-07-2011, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG
I've had a Jerry tune for 1.5 years now with over 20K miles on it during that time. I drive 100 miles to and from work daily, in traffic, in Phoenix where the temps are high. I've had both Stage 1 and recently went with stage 2 retune when I added my pulley (see sig) and have been very, very happy with it. I've never had an issue and would recommend them to anyone.

I am not throwing stones at any other tuner just reflecting my personal experience with Jerry and his very responsive and excellent customer service.

As soon as I get my headers on, I'll ask him to tune the car again!

Thanks.

PS. E-moving go with Chipolte!

Alex
Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
Angelo - You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The map that you are sharing with everyone is not the actual timing that your car was running. The timing numbers are impossible for any E55 to run.

The math used to calculate the timing was changed for our protection.

Please be done with it. I'm tired of reading the lies you continue to post about ME. I understand you were not happy. You were refunded your money and found a solution that makes you happy.

Tony tuned your car. Tony tuned almost every ECU in 2009 - 2010. I did help him out from time to time, but I trusted him and delagated work as much as I could. At that time I had a M-F 7-5 day job like most others.

I'm sorry you assumed that I was the one tuning your car, but the fact is I wasn't.
YOU ARE A LIAR,tony new nothing about my car and I have pms of me asking him questions,IM spreading lies?you your self texted me saying I was running 29 degres,I have my old cell phone with your texts in it if you want me to post them up.

I am done with this,Iv never made up any lies.I just want to put that out there and you also told me you would give me half the money if I were to bring you customers on your tuning.Im done,good luck guys.

I was never a eurocharged hater,I kept silent for 6 months trying to get my car working right behind the sceens.I was trying to get the car running with your stuff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OEtuning or Eurocharged Tune??