W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!!

I had the luxury of tuning a heavily modified CLS55 AMG in Miami this past weekend. The owner of the vehicle had recently installed the TTM Injectors / Fuel Rail and needed some tuning to make the parts work. I was a little reluctant at first because I only had experience tuning OUR injectors. When I got to the owners location (30 minutes after arriving in Miami), I asked him for some information on the injectors. I had no idea he was about to call Bruce from TTM. Bruce and I have not been on best of terms lately and we both thought worst case scenario at first. I’m sure he thought I was going to steal his design and I thought maybe I would not be provided with all of the information needed to tune this car (IE – injector sizes, flow rates, etc). I was 100% wrong. Bruce was very helpful, very informative, and took the time to talk to me about our mutual customer. Thank you, Bruce!

I did not get a chance to see the parts being installed, but I was told the install was easy and took very little time. From what I could see when I looked around, everything fit perfectly and well, looked very cool!

On to the tuning….

At 8:30 am I installed a base tune that I developed for our injectors at first. I figured it would be the safest tune for the car and would provide me with a good starting point. I made a few changes to the file, flashed the car a few times, and still wasn’t happy with the results. I knew we had a long day ahead of us, so I pulled the car off the dyno and we decided to work on it after we finished all of the cars. Fast forward to 10:30 pm and 24 cars later, the CLS was up again. I had decided to start from scratch this time. I used the information Bruce provided, ran some numbers, and created a new file just for this car. I flashed the car and proceeded to make my first pull of the evening. My eyes were fixed on the AFR meter during the pull and I was hoping I didn’t have to let up. The run started at 13 AFR and proceeded to drop to low 12’s!! SUCCESS!! I knew that I room to add more fuel and proceeded to modify the tune again. I added fuel across the lean areas and ran the car again. The injectors responded PERFECTLY and the AFR got richer as expected. A few flashes later and the AFR was exactly where I wanted it to be. From 3500 RPM to redline, the AFR never exceeded 11.8. The end result was 530WHP and 566WTRQ. The car will make more torque but I decided to leave the AFR at 11.3 – 11.5 in the midrange. I knew that I would be working on the car again to make the part throttle maps perfect and I assumed we would visiting the dyno again.

I’m very impressed with the product Bruce / TTM has developed for our community. It’s not very often that I get excited about a product, but I was extremely happy to know that other vendors were taking the fuel issue seriously. Bruce hit the nail right on the head with this product and I will personally recommend it to my customers.

I’m sure Bruce will chime in and provide the specs for the parts and answer any product related questions you might have.

Good job Bruce!

Note: Bruce provided me with some pictures and I want to upload them, but I'm having issues with uploading to my website at the moment.

Jerry
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
great write up - I actually cringed before I opened this thread at the expectation of WWIII and was very pleasantly surprised by what was presented. Kudos to everyone involved - way to make this and the AMG experience a better place to be

Last edited by motorkas; 02-24-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
It's great that he let by gones be by gones and got along swell with you in spite of a past experience. Class act on both ends!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:14 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Got ya......

Last edited by loungn14; 02-24-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Great job EC and TTM!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Good stuff and to both parties!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Very nice, Bruce be the man!! Honestly one of the most informative and innovative guys I've chatted with. I love the stuff he comes out with.

I wonder if Bruce sells just the fuel rail only. Hmmmm.... I'm sure he'll chime in
Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 AM

Brabus K8 E55 05
Bruce,

What's make it different in this rail? what does it offer more? How much?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Originally Posted by ahmad0658
Bruce,

What's make it different in this rail? what does it offer more? How much?
The fuel rail become a loop. Stablized the fuel pressure. I wanted to get this done for the winter, now it's just got easier.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 AM

E55 renntech
TTM

Bruce spend a few hours with me on a Saturday to go over the pros and cons on additional mods that we are planning on getting done next week. Cant wait to see the end result on the dyno. You can see the knowledge and passion that he has for these cars by talking to him.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Happy to see that everybody can work in harmony together
Old 02-25-2011, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
What a GREAT review and thread. KUDOS to both teams in making AMG's a better beast
Old 02-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
This guy Bruce makes way to many slanderous and ignorant remarks for a business owner i will never do business with him.

EC for the win
Old 02-25-2011, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Rust bucket
This guy Bruce makes way to many slanderous and ignorant remarks for a business owner i will never do business with him.

EC for the win
You are such a dousche bag!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
I had the luxury of tuning a heavily modified CLS55 AMG in Miami this past weekend. The owner of the vehicle had recently installed the TTM Injectors / Fuel Rail and needed some tuning to make the parts work. I was a little reluctant at first because I only had experience tuning OUR injectors. When I got to the owners location (30 minutes after arriving in Miami), I asked him for some information on the injectors. I had no idea he was about to call Bruce from TTM. Bruce and I have not been on best of terms lately and we both thought worst case scenario at first. I’m sure he thought I was going to steal his design and I thought maybe I would not be provided with all of the information needed to tune this car (IE – injector sizes, flow rates, etc). I was 100% wrong. Bruce was very helpful, very informative, and took the time to talk to me about our mutual customer. Thank you, Bruce!

I did not get a chance to see the parts being installed, but I was told the install was easy and took very little time. From what I could see when I looked around, everything fit perfectly and well, looked very cool!

On to the tuning….

At 8:30 am I installed a base tune that I developed for our injectors at first. I figured it would be the safest tune for the car and would provide me with a good starting point. I made a few changes to the file, flashed the car a few times, and still wasn’t happy with the results. I knew we had a long day ahead of us, so I pulled the car off the dyno and we decided to work on it after we finished all of the cars. Fast forward to 10:30 pm and 24 cars later, the CLS was up again. I had decided to start from scratch this time. I used the information Bruce provided, ran some numbers, and created a new file just for this car. I flashed the car and proceeded to make my first pull of the evening. My eyes were fixed on the AFR meter during the pull and I was hoping I didn’t have to let up. The run started at 13 AFR and proceeded to drop to low 12’s!! SUCCESS!! I knew that I room to add more fuel and proceeded to modify the tune again. I added fuel across the lean areas and ran the car again. The injectors responded PERFECTLY and the AFR got richer as expected. A few flashes later and the AFR was exactly where I wanted it to be. From 3500 RPM to redline, the AFR never exceeded 11.8. The end result was 530WHP and 566WTRQ. The car will make more torque but I decided to leave the AFR at 11.3 – 11.5 in the midrange. I knew that I would be working on the car again to make the part throttle maps perfect and I assumed we would visiting the dyno again.

I’m very impressed with the product Bruce / TTM has developed for our community. It’s not very often that I get excited about a product, but I was extremely happy to know that other vendors were taking the fuel issue seriously. Bruce hit the nail right on the head with this product and I will personally recommend it to my customers.

I’m sure Bruce will chime in and provide the specs for the parts and answer any product related questions you might have.

Good job Bruce!

Note: Bruce provided me with some pictures and I want to upload them, but I'm having issues with uploading to my website at the moment.

Jerry

Nice job to all Progress is a good thing also could you list the mods that were on this car? thx

Last edited by Hammer Down; 02-25-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by emoving
says the guy with light bulbs in bold red on his mod list
Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
mod=modification definition mod·i·fi·ca·tion (md-f-kshn)
n. 1. The act of modifying or the condition of being modified.
2. A result of modifying.
3. A small alteration, adjustment, or limitation.

Since you are to much of a stupid f^%$ I thought I would explain the word for you.

Just like rustbucket = fullthrottle.....name is modified but you are still a stupid tool!
Oh joy,the Honda ricers have discovered the Benz.

Last edited by Rust bucket; 02-25-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
I have to ask - and this is a 100% serious question:

You use the word "dousche" a lot, and I was wondering if there's some past thread/inside joke that leads you to misspell it every time you write it [which would be acceptable, like if you were making fun of someone that misspelled douche], or if you're actually misspelling it on accident.

Not trying to be a grammar ****, just wondering if there's a thread I missed that would bring me a laugh early in the morning.

We had a Trooper get ran over by a drunk because he thought the berm was a 4th lane. The Trooper was standing outside his car helping a lady change her tire. That dousche got 7 years and was out on 3.5. He was a 6 time offender!
Nice work! This car is a POS! Be thankful the guy is a dousche and wants to return your money.
Yep....real upset. I could care less how fast my cars is. You never seem be talking about times. I have never driven on a track. What really upsets me is stupid, dousche bags like yourself that sign up under a new name to post some worthless list they found from who knows where. If I had to guess......you are swedish and you are an azz pirate! Im right arent I! Its the swedish azzpirate from M5board!
"Full dousche bag"
Hey Dousche, you forgot to mention in this post as in your first post that your dad has a SL65! LOL
Nice post dousche! LOL Friggin idiot! Turbo Sl55! What a complete dope!
The last line is the best! Like you know driving your Kia and peddeling warranties!
Sorry Juicee fail! There is no amount of restitution that can be paid for killing one of my family members while you were stoned and racing at speeds over 70mph in a 45mph busy residential/commercial area. I guess you are luckymost members here won't be on his jury. It's a shame how you keep blaming someone for not realizing that tow dousche bags were racing before he pulled out. I gues he thought he was pulling out onto a public road not a drag strip. If you think they were not racing then you are in serious denial.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:26 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by Rust bucket

EC for the win
This thread started positively and there's no reason to crap on it.

Kind of hypocritical to slander someone and critique them for slandering, no?

Last edited by BenzoDoc; 02-25-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
I don't disagree about the slanderous comments, but this thread started positively and there's no reason to crap on it.
This is true, sorry Jerry im done.

One again EC for the win.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Problem is this, this board is a total joke anymore. This was a positive thread between two vendors that typically dont see eye to eye and they are now actually complimenting each other. But you have idiots like rustbucket who are actually banned as fullthrottle. The board fails to monitor that so the troll is back and just keeps insulting people. Then you have benzdoc who is a english professor going around and researching years worth of posts to find misspellings. What a total joke!
You're the only person left being negative in this thread.

I thought you'd be happy I "searched."
Old 02-25-2011, 09:03 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Here we have two well respected vendors on the brink of resolving a long time fueling issue, and you two numb nuts want to tarnish it with a retarded exchange of "dumb and dumber."
Where are the moderators when you need them?

Please resolve your issues via PM and avoid tarnishing yet another productive thread.

On topic: Great write up Jerry. Kudos to you and Bruce for putting aside your differences for the sake of the community.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:11 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
On topic: Great write up Jerry. Kudos to you and Bruce for putting aside your differences for the sake of the community.
Well said. This is what I came to this thread to say.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:19 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2006 E55, 2006 saab 93 aero, 2010 glk 4m
The thread spiraled after a few good posts but to stay on topic, will this closed loop rail setup eliminate those cylinder 8 issues since I suppose pressure should be even at all injectors?
Great work to both sponsors on working together btw.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
Is there anyway we can get a list of mods to equal this power?
Besides the tune at what point is the fuel rail a need for modding our cars?

The main thing that we all need to see in this post; is that the two vendors are putting the customers first!

No matter what we think of either tuner or their way of doing things an open forum saves motors and helps create HP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!!