W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
@ Bruce I think I'm going to install a spy CAM near your lift.
So please don't knock it down and try and keep the lens clean for me.
This is so I can keep track of all this new hardware you keep coming out with.
Nice work....
I will call you when some of the traffic dies down and you have a minute.
Thanks again for helping me out.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Nem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
I also think that this injector is very excellent in making of the response and the fuel a micronization.
Attached Thumbnails -stock-vs-550cc.jpg   -550cc.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by jcjmw
Just spoke to Bruce. If I heard him correct, Yes you can use the stock fuel pump with the upgraded rail and bigger squirters.
The stock fuel pump set up is ample with the TTM Injector & Fuel Rail Kit.

Jack-
Your injectors are here and I am waiting on your fuel rail from Germany to show up so I can get the fab work done!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by skratch77
I know this has prolly been thought of or even done but could we just change the fuel pressure regulator to say up the psi by 5-10 psi?

Kit looks nice Bruce but what about the people that dont need to go over kill and just want to make there mildy modded or even stock cars safer?
Angelo-

There is nothing overkill about this set up. Any modified M113k will exhibit a lack of fuel pressure/volume reaching back to #8 on high speed runs. This is more about a level of protection and piece of mind when doing these runs. Regardless of who is doing the tuning, any mid to highly modified M113k's will have fueling issues and that is what the TTM Injector & Fuel Rail Kit addresses and corrects.

It is more about saving these engines, rctifying the fuel starvation issues and having a consistent fuel pressure and volume to ALL 8 CYLINDERS!! The tuning will be even better since we have much more consistency throughout all of the injectors.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by emoving
Sorry for mucking up your thread in the beginning Bruce but I knew it was Full Throttle and you it was Full Throttle and I was just sticking up for a friend. Looks like he has been banned again! Good job AGAIN Bruce!
Who do you think sent a pm to every moderator signed in during this thread and said....BAN THAT TOOL?

Apology not necessary but phuk that TOOL!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by sneakyneon
Like Bruce said, we've talked lots of time(class act all the way around) I personally feel that my set up is way way to complicated and over thought, But when you start from scratch there is allot of trail and error. Once I get it figured out it should be nice.
I really like what Bruce has come up with, The package of injectors and modified rail make sense, its effective and well thought out. I think it should be a must for anyone serous about making power and doing it safely.
It was with all of your trial and error and our constant "envelope pushing" and conversations that help design this set up.

Thanks Nick!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
If someone gets the rail and injectors will they need a new tune?
Or can they wait until a tune day comes to their area?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tgoss
Very nice, Bruce be the man!! Honestly one of the most informative and innovative guys I've chatted with.
I was also cringing at the begining of the thread and glad both vendors were able to work together to take care of their mutual customer. Both Bruce and Jerry are great to talk to. They always give me their respective time and are passionate about what they do.

To both Bruce and Jerry.

Last edited by Sincity; 02-28-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
It was with all of your trial and error and our constant "envelope pushing" and conversations that help design this set up.

Thanks Nick!
+1
Old 02-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by Roverron
If someone gets the rail and injectors will they need a new tune?
Or can they wait until a tune day comes to their area?
The tune has to be scaled for the injectors and also the consistent fuel pressure that was missing with the stock rail coupled with stock or larger injectors.

This is now in the tuners hand to scale for the injectors and the new fuel pressure/volume characteristics.

PS Spy camera is up and running Ron!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:15 PM

mb. porsche, bmw
This is a great post and leave it to Bruce to come up with yet another way to squeeze more power out of these cars. Gotta appreciate how he approaches these cars and thinks 'outside the box'.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
The stock fuel pump set up is ample with the TTM Injector & Fuel Rail Kit.

Jack-
Your injectors are here and I am waiting on your fuel rail from Germany to show up so I can get the fab work done!
Understood. No rush, I can wait. thanks.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
i just ordered one today
Old 02-28-2011, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by Nem
I also think that this injector is very excellent in making of the response and the fuel a micronization.
Looks like 6 port SLR injectors
Old 02-28-2011, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
i would love to get it. but i already paid for my new CLS63 edition1 with all the options and performance options on the list. about 180k USD

so i think i will be selling my E55 very soon. i will miss 600lbs TQ on the wheel.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
Smile

Originally Posted by shardul
i just ordered one today
Old 03-01-2011, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by AUS-E55
How's the land down under?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
The tune has to be scaled for the injectors and also the consistent fuel pressure that was missing with the stock rail coupled with stock or larger injectors.

This is now in the tuners hand to scale for the injectors and the new fuel pressure/volume characteristics.

PS Spy camera is up and running Ron!
Ok I have a few questions.
Our cars are not new and mods have been out there for a very long time now.
How is it that suddenly we all need this?
500whp was a number easily achieved with just pulley, tb, headers and tune. And many have ran with this setup with no issues, so again how come now?

Many have past those stages of mods, yet no e have really come forward to show anything about this.

I personly suffer when going all out on high speed runs and coming to a stop, of the car stuttering and shacking, as if it runing out of fuel. However I was told this is somthing related to the 82mm tb. So my question now is, is it due to fuel? If so how come it happens when u come to a stop?

Last question can this be tuned easily or are we going to face issues with incorporating this?

Thx

Last edited by Zod; 03-01-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
your tuner should be able to scale the injectors to match the modifications on your car.
Bigger injectors help the car to run safely. You may be good with stock injecots but you are always taking the risk to going to lean. So it boils down to are you will to spend to money to run fast safely.

Last edited by shardul; 03-01-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
can this be built for the 3.2 s/c v6? i would love to see this on a slk32! bruce and jerry what a great job! thanx for all the effort
I can definitely build it for the s/c 3.2 V6. Same theory and functionality as the M113K rail.

Did you find another car yet? Sorry for the loss!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by Zod
Ok I have a few questions.
Our cars are not new and mods have been out there for a very long time now.
How is it that suddenly we all need this?
500whp was a number easily achieved with just pulley, tb, headers and tune. And many have ran with this setup with no issues, so again how come now?

Many have past those stages of mods, yet no e have really come forward to show anything about this.
These issues have been around since we've started making 150+ hp more than stock. The injectors are running at close to static(max duty cycle) where they are not pulsing at all in higher speed and load conditions and the fuel rail is running out of volume. The tuning and the parts are getting much better and we are making more power than ever so the weak link is the size of the injectors and getting more fuel into the rail with a new configuration to keep the rail at a more consistent pressure and volume.

Ask any tuner and they will tell you all about these fuel starvation issues that the TTM Injector and Fuel Rail rectifies.

Originally Posted by Zod
I personly suffer when going all out on high speed runs and coming to a stop, of the car stuttering and shacking, as if it runing out of fuel. However I was told this is somthing related to the 82mm tb. So my question now is, is it due to fuel? If so how come it happens when u come to a stop?

Last question can this be tuned easily or are we going to face issues with incorporating this?

Thx
It sounds like a combination of a fuel starvation issues and a possible tuning issues. High speed runs into and through 4th gear in the 722.6 will show the IDC at close to if not MAXED OUT on modified M113k's. That is where the problem lies. Also with you running a 82mm TB, you are getting a lot more air than a stock TB and hence the tuner needs to put a lot more fuel in that file and when the IDC's get maxed then that is where you will see the fuel starvation issue.

Hope this helped!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
I can definitely build it for the s/c 3.2 V6. Same theory and functionality as the M113K rail.

Did you find another car yet? Sorry for the loss!
the search is ongoing waiting for the right car to show up. can you pm me the benefits of this for the v6? do we suffer the same rear cylinder issues as the v8? pm me the price also im stockpiling parts for the new car!

i datalogg via dashdaq and zt-2 wideband and my afr is great with jerry's tune. is there a way to tell if the rear cylinders are going lean at wot? i would also need a way to install my fuel pressure sensor for my dashdaq as now i use the end of the fuel rail
Old 03-03-2011, 12:55 AM

CLS55 & CL CK60
excellent write up and good work bruce and jerry. now where is my fuel rail and sticks bruce? call me plz
Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Originally Posted by Zod
I personly suffer when going all out on high speed runs and coming to a stop, of the car stuttering and shacking, as if it runing out of fuel. However I was told this is somthing related to the 82mm tb. So my question now is, is it due to fuel? If so how come it happens when u come to a stop
Stop guessing, get a wideband and start datalogging.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
The whole premise to this fuel rail set up is to help rectify the fuel starvation that happens to these high horsepower M113k's on the left side (#5-#8 cylinder). It is not just #8 but also #6 and #7 too. The fuel rail builds pressure from the ends of the fuel rail(#1 and #5) so when the stock injectors duty cycle is getting maxed out, it causes the left side of the rail to starve for fuel which restricts the amount of pressurize/volume in the rail back to the injectors. With the TTM fuel rail there is another ~12" of pressurized fuel in the rail so the volume is increased. With the larger injectors the duty cycle is lower and that gives the rail time to build the necessary pressure but this is also why you need the extra fuel from our rail. The feed line from the pump to the rail is very small in comparison to the size of the fuel rail so having an extra 12" of pressurized fuel and the lower duty cycle with the larger injectors all but eliminates the fuel starvation issues many people experience with these highly modified M113k's.

The injectors are a dual spray pattern which works exceptionally well with the 2 intake valve design head. As close to direct injection as you can get on these engines.
Hi, was trying to understand the highlighted phrase ...
- was finally able to get oriented with the Left and Right side you are talking (just because we are usual to consider Left the side you see when looking at the engine and not the driver's view ..)
- still can't get why #8 should suffer more than #4 : aren't they both at the same, more or less, distance from their respective closed end of the rail ?

btw, can you tell the function of that kind-of a regulator attached to the rail ? .. it doesn't seem a pressure regulator and it even has no connection to the intake for sensing vacuum/boost
I mean, how is in our engine regulated the different pressure/flow requirement when idling vs when WOT?

about these 550cc injectors: I for sure lost some of the long past discussion about these various injectors, so, to recapitulate, how does its capacity compare to the SLR's injector on equal pressure, resistance, etc .. basis (for which had been given different capacities ranging from 480 to 512 and more ) ?

thanks

forgot this: where does that additional rail tubing will be run: above the S/C pulley along SLR style ?

Last edited by dyno; 03-03-2011 at 01:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!!