W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
The injectors are plug and play. There are 5 kits ordered that are being fabricated and we will have a lot more tuning info in the near future.

Bruce, I really love your ingenuity and what I like mostly is the rail-modding idea .. a still further step toward the holy grail SLR

btw, would you be able/willing to make it exactly like this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

about injectors' choice, that's something secondary to me.
I had a look at the specs of these new design EV14 injectors that you are using but, frankly, there are a pair of values that are not convincing and, even if they are nice, I 'd still stick for ours or for SLR's.
also because what we already have is also really nice ! ... yes, our oem's are the previous EV6 design but they too are "dual spraying pattern" ( like SLR's).
maybe if, after the rail mod, one would really need a lot of gas, then the EV14 with pn 0280158123 (shown in the pdf previously posted) would also be good (but it flows more than all others) : it shares the same specs as our stockers, except for the larger "spray angle" at 25 degrees vs 15degrees and for being rotated out of axis like the one you are currently testing.. so, needs to be seen in practice if spray efficiency is compromised or not.
at least, it retains our oem Jetronic connector

but, again , what i like more is the rail job

Last edited by dyno; 03-13-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
The TTM fuel rail was designed so you could still put your engine cover on and keep it looking as stock as possible. If you want the hard line used, for it to come up and over the supercharger, then I can do that.

As far as the injectors are concerned, you can reference parts numbers and injector design but until you have spent the time with the flow testing that we have conducted you are just using readily available info that you found and are trying to down play what we have developed as the only viable option and combination for the fuel starvation issues that are apparent in all M113k's with mods. You reference the degree of the spray pattern but don't reference the actual amount of fuel(percentage) within that pattern. That is what is the most important factor and not the degree.

FYI-
If you use just about any fuel injector recommendation formula you will see that a 600cc+ injector is recommended for a highly modified M113K.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know, you already explained why you did the rail that way, but it's
a great news that you consider doing it SLR-like.

about injectors, first thing I know that your injectors do have the same 15degree spray angle as our stockers. So I was not arguing that parameter. 25 degree is the other injector that I mentioned.
The actual amount of fuel within a certain spray angle is also a value that's made available by Bosch tests.
There are other, more important parameters like the operating pressure for a certain injector and the way its sprying is rotated.

but really, I don't want to discuss these points also because, like any thing, it must then be tested in practice in a specific application.
from my point of view is just that, till there's no better evidence, the slr injector is the only one that keeps the original parameters concenring operating pressure, spray angle of the twin beam, whose orientation and bent angle match the design of the intake duct to our valve's openings.

What i hope is that you'll think at the SLR rail.
I think it deserves some deeper reasoning: for example, what implies the fact that we have a pressure regulator embedded into the fuel dleivery unit into the trunk ? this will not allow us to make the rail exactly like SLR with 2 pressure reg. connected to it .. or what options do we have ?

I would be interested.

ps: .. I know that recommended .6 value for BSFC .. but it's just an old rule of tumbs. during last 20-30 years the efficiency of internal combustion engine greatly improved ...
infact, SLR 722 outputs 650hp with just 480cc@3bar injectors .

Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
The TTM fuel rail was designed so you could still put your engine cover on and keep it looking as stock as possible. If you want the hard line used, for it to come up and over the supercharger, then I can do that.

As far as the injectors are concerned, you can reference parts numbers and injector design but until you have spent the time with the flow testing that we have conducted you are just using readily available info that you found and are trying to down play what we have developed as the only viable option and combination for the fuel starvation issues that are apparent in all M113k's with mods. You reference the degree of the spray pattern but don't reference the actual amount of fuel(percentage) within that pattern. That is what is the most important factor and not the degree.

FYI-
If you use just about any fuel injector recommendation formula you will see that a 600cc+ injector is recommended for a highly modified M113K.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by shardul
Jerry will have my car at his disposal
Your TTM Injector and Fuel Rail Kit is shipping tomorrow Shardul.

Completing pressure testing today on your rail.

It is now up to you and Jerry!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Thank you Sir!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by dyno

about injectors, first thing I know that your injectors do have the same 15degree spray angle as our stockers. So I was not arguing that parameter. 25 degree is the other injector that I mentioned.
The actual amount of fuel within a certain spray angle is also a value that's made available by Bosch tests.
There are other, more important parameters like the operating pressure for a certain injector and the way its sprying is rotated.

but really, I don't want to discuss these points also because, like any thing, it must then be tested in practice in a specific application.
from my point of view is just that, till there's no better evidence, the slr injector is the only one that keeps the original parameters concenring operating pressure, spray angle of the twin beam, whose orientation and bent angle match the design of the intake duct to our valve's openings.

I think it deserves some deeper reasoning: for example, what implies the fact that we have a pressure regulator embedded into the fuel dleivery unit into the trunk ? this will not allow us to make the rail exactly like SLR with 2 pressure reg. connected to it .. or what options do we have ?

I would be interested.

ps: .. I know that recommended .6 value for BSFC .. but it's just an old rule of tumbs. during last 20-30 years the efficiency of internal combustion engine greatly improved ...
I had attempted to purchase SLR injectors in Germany about 2 years ago however, MB refused to sell them to me through my dealer friend because I did not own an SLR. I eventually purchased the SLR injectors through my US supplier. At that time I had already installed an AN fuel line connecting the front ends of the rail (ala SLR) and noticed no detectable difference. Once I screwed in the 6 port SLR injectors there was a noticeable improvement in response and improved smoothness. The butt dyno felt pretty good too.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AgSilver
I had attempted to purchase SLR injectors in Germany about 2 years ago however, MB refused to sell them to me through my dealer friend because I did not own an SLR. I eventually purchased the SLR injectors through my US supplier. At that time I had already installed an AN fuel line connecting the front ends of the rail (ala SLR) and noticed no detectable difference. Once I screwed in the 6 port SLR injectors there was a noticeable improvement in response and improved smoothness. The butt dyno felt pretty good too.

good to know !

but, what mods/power was your car putting down .. and, no retune needed ?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Just ordered this kit for my girl too. I cannot wait to get it in. Shardul, have you got yours installed and toon'd yet bro?
Old 04-02-2011, 11:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
While I don't have TTM's upgraded fuel rail, I applied the technology to my setup and heres what I'm experiencing:
-both banks have near identical fuel trim values, whereas before they used to fluctuate significantly.
-LT fuel trims are now richer (was -1.5%, now -5.5%) which proves that fuel volume has been increased.

IMO, TTM's fuel rail upgrade is a must when running larger boost pulleys. Equalized fuel distribution = less chances of damaging pistons due to fuel deprivation.
I just go done repairing 2 cracked piston skirts and it wasn't cheap.
My intentions for posting are to help prevent others from incurring this costly repair.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
good to know !

but, what mods/power was your car putting down .. and, no retune needed ?
The tune is Renntech. Never been on the rollers and rarely passed on the A61 (except when my wife is with me).
Old 04-17-2011, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
updates?

Shardul, any updates on the ecu program for your injector / fuel rail mode? Is the car running on the new ecu program?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

yes in fact i got the injectors and fuel rail installed last week. i had jerry flash the car for a total for 3 times in order to get the LTFT and AFR where i wanted them.
As per my wideband my AFRS were at 10.9 at 5k rpms in 3rd gear this was before the latest flash.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
yes in fact i got the injectors and fuel rail installed last week. i had jerry flash the car for a total for 3 times in order to get the LTFT and AFR where i wanted them.
As per my wideband my AFRS were at 10.9 at 5k rpms in 3rd gear this was before the latest flash.
Nice! Let me know when you are done.....as I am riding your back, so to say. I have the fuel rail kit but will wait on the install.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by jcjmw
Nice! Let me know when you are done.....as I am riding your back, so to say. I have the fuel rail kit but will wait on the install.
install took us 40mins. as of now i think majority of the tuning has been done. now it will be just some small changes.
what are you waiting on?
Old 04-18-2011, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
install took us 40mins. as of now i think majority of the tuning has been done. now it will be just some small changes.
what are you waiting on?
Free time to do the install myself and coordinating it with Jerry on the tune.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Someone have a price on the fuel rail? Would like to get this on prior to my next EC tune. Thanks
Old 06-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by pearlpower
Someone have a price on the fuel rail? Would like to get this on prior to my next EC tune. Thanks
PM Bruce at TTM
Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG

I would be interested.

i like your reasoning Dyno. i see that you actually reviewed the documentation from Bosch and can prove that the regular injectors or the SLR ones, are all that's needed, nothing fancy is required like TTM keeps saying. The extensive flow testing that TTM keeps bringing up doesn't really hold any weight here, since I will take word from Bosch before I will listen to any tuner trying to push their product.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by xpl0sive
i like your reasoning Dyno. i see that you actually reviewed the documentation from Bosch and can prove that the regular injectors or the SLR ones, are all that's needed, nothing fancy is required like TTM keeps saying. The extensive flow testing that TTM keeps bringing up doesn't really hold any weight here, since I will take word from Bosch before I will listen to any tuner trying to push their product.
I specifically haven't officially brought this kit to market on MB World(even though there are ~23 cars running the TTM Injector and Fuel Rail Kit only of which ~10 are MB World members) because of people just like you. Nothing tangible to bring to the conversation but just one persons opinion(you are entitled to it). It is a viable option and, if it isn't for you, then why are you posting about it?

The TTM Injector and Fuel Rail Kit has proven itself with REAL WORLD data from multiple tuners and the track numbers speak for themselves. This kit helps to correct the real issue with the fuel delivery system design with the M113k engines plus it has proven to make power. What more can you ask for.

I developed the kit for the cars that I have personally built and, if members see the benefits, then they have an option to help preserve their engines.

PS Thank you for bumping the thread too!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
i didn't say there's no benefit from going to larger injectors and modifying the fuel rail, clearly that's needed since the SLR utilizes a modified rail and larger injectors. all i'm saying is that anyone can purchase these injectors directly from Bosch and get their own fuel rail modified for a fraction of the cost of the TTM kit. there's nothing special about the TTM injectors from what I understand. They are regular EV14 Bosch injectors with part numbers removed
Old 01-03-2012, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
i didn't say there's no benefit from going to larger injectors and modifying the fuel rail, clearly that's needed since the SLR utilizes a modified rail and larger injectors. all i'm saying is that anyone can purchase these injectors directly from Bosch and get their own fuel rail modified for a fraction of the cost of the TTM kit. there's nothing special about the TTM injectors from what I understand. They are regular EV14 Bosch injectors with part numbers removed
Go for it!!

Bruce's package is a no brainer, it just works. I have an entire race fab shop at my disposal and it's not worth my time and effort to save $200 when I can get Bruces kit and know that it's going to work when I install it
Old 01-03-2012, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
well from my calculations you are saving a bit more than $200.
a new fuel rail is $157.50, two fittings, two 90 deg connectors and some SS braided fuel line is going to be around $100. injector price is questionable, but around $100/piece on the high side. so in total you're saving about $500
Old 01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Not to throw fuel into the fire but i asked Bruce about getting just the rail by itself and never got an answer and made a post on the thread that he skipped right over. Obviously it was because i didnt want to spend $1600 on a rail and injectors that are nothing more than bosch ev14 injectors for a GT500 and a stock rail that has the ends cut off and -8 bungs,fittings and line put onto. I'm not saying his product is bad or dosent work because it obviously does but the price that people are paying is just wrong. After being ignored by Bruce i had my own rail made last week for $551 INCLUDING a new fuel rail,the same injectors,russel fittings and braided line. I'm just not down for the crazy mercedes tax people try to charge.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
these injectors look mighty similar to the TTM ones....

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/1661
Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
these injectors look mighty similar to the TTM ones....

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/1661
Yep.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!!