Sponsored by:

Just bought E55 driving impression/question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Yeah, they fit like a glove, and were only $19 shipped from AZN optics. he has 5000ks for $18 shipped as well. mine arrived in 3 days, including a sunday. the only thing is when you install them, they're only going to illuminate if you plug them in the right way, and you also have to leave them out a bit. basically push them all the way in and back out a little. I got it by putting them in but leaving them out of the fixture and unlocking the car to confirm correct fit. took 3 mins.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
Yeah, they fit like a glove, and were only $19 shipped from AZN optics. he has 5000ks for $18 shipped as well. mine arrived in 3 days, including a sunday. the only thing is when you install them, they're only going to illuminate if you plug them in the right way, and you also have to leave them out a bit. basically push them all the way in and back out a little. I got it by putting them in but leaving them out of the fixture and unlocking the car to confirm correct fit. took 3 mins.
Thats awesome man! $19 shipped is insanely cheap! I will definitely order a set of them, appreciate the help! Do you have to remove the entire headlight, or how are they changed? Sorry for the newb question, just when I open the hood it seems pretty sealed behind the headlight haha
Old 03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
on the driverside i had to remove the snorkel and move the rubber hoses a little, but my hands are huge. then if you look at the headlight from the outside and put your hand behind the city lights, there will be a little square that will come out when you twist it cntr clkwse. then pull it out and switch em by pulling on the bulbs. be careful, the LEDs will get REALLY hot REALLY fast when testing them, which is normal. putting them back in with the LEDs is tricky because you dont want it to push all the way in, took me 3 trys. same for ps, just look out because the SBC might burn you. Then youll be good to go!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:08 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Wink

Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
on the driverside i had to remove the snorkel and move the rubber hoses a little, but my hands are huge. then if you look at the headlight from the outside and put your hand behind the city lights, there will be a little square that will come out when you twist it cntr clkwse. then pull it out and switch em by pulling on the bulbs. be careful, the LEDs will get REALLY hot REALLY fast when testing them, which is normal. putting them back in with the LEDs is tricky because you dont want it to push all the way in, took me 3 trys. same for ps, just look out because the SBC might burn you. Then youll be good to go!
okay cool sounds good to me, doesn't sound like too much hassle apart from some minor scarring haha! was it $19 for the headlights AND the middle DRL ones? Or $19 each set of 2? Will probably order them today and see if they can be installed during the sound system install!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
where do i buy them from btw? is there an online store or anything? searched for AZN optics on google but couldn't find a shop or anything
Old 03-14-2011, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
set of either 5000k or 8000k drls only