Mustang owners trash talk the cls55...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by Lycan
Guys...I have owned both. I used to have a 96 Steeda Cobra. It was a decent car. On any car forum or bike forum you have the typical tards who do all kinds of smack talking about street racing encounters. I've come across idiots in every type of car. What I don't like are people on the street who act like jerks in traffic and then who get on the Internet and start smack talking about their supposed 90000 RWHP car.

I say to them....take it to the track then post some lap times. My neighbors Civic was running 10-second 1/4 mile times...so what? Who the heck cares about a 1/4 mile time? If that is your goal in life then just go get an old 5.0 slap a Paxton in it with some DRs and have a nice day. If your goal is to buy a $60K to $100K MB to go run 1/4 mile runs then...it's the same behavior. Most people on most forums have very little if any real driving ability or training other than smashing a gas pedal from a stop light. Anybody can do that or drive like a moron in traffic. Now goto a road course and post up some good lap times and that will get my respect. I used to race superbikes and dealt with the same thing. I spent a decent amount of time on East Coast tracks and know several of them very well. Formal driver training and track days are good for the soul. Not street racing BS.

Don't let other people get to you.
How'd you get into racing superbikes on the east coast? Awesome
Old 03-14-2011, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63AMGP30
Originally Posted by E55Dimon
How'd you get into racing superbikes on the east coast? Awesome
Was a superbike rider for about 20 years and then started doing track schools after all of the stupidity that I encountered on the street. Went to Cornerspeed and got my CCS/WERA training and then license. Then started doing sponsored track days at Summit Point and VIR. I ran an R1 and a Duc 848. Then just jumped into the events for fun...I was an average track rider. Nothing that great. Just didn't want to be playing boy-racer on public roads. Crashing on the track is less severe.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gbk3NA6roQ

Show them this video, all motor no nitrous and I had a bad launch. Note, the car in the other lane is a Mustang, I started pulling him and he shut down like a little beotch.

Last edited by jrcart; 03-14-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S
Was a superbike rider for about 20 years and then started doing track schools after all of the stupidity that I encountered on the street. Went to Cornerspeed and got my CCS/WERA training and then license. Then started doing sponsored track days at Summit Point and VIR. I ran an R1 and a Duc 848. Then just jumped into the events for fun...I was an average track rider. Nothing that great. Just didn't want to be playing boy-racer on public roads. Crashing on the track is less severe.
Thats great. Something I've always wanted to do but never had the time or money to do it right. I was that guy who ended up laying the bike down trying to corner fast on public roads. That was years ago though.
Props to you
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
Thanks E55...it's not that expensive. You can do it pretty cheap. Check out Keith Code's school if you ever want to try. You can rent the new BMW 1000RR and track gear for pretty cheap. They run up at "Thunderbolt" in NJ not too far from you. Nice vacation....
Old 03-14-2011, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S
Thanks E55...it's not that expensive. You can do it pretty cheap. Check out Keith Code's school if you ever want to try. You can rent the new BMW 1000RR and track gear for pretty cheap. They run up at "Thunderbolt" in NJ not too far from you. Nice vacation....
Going to look into it for sure..
Old 03-14-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by Limen
What would "Hoosier" have to do with the term White Trash?
My GF was born and raised in St. Louis, and introduced the term to me. Apparently it's used in Missouri as synonymous with White Trash. We don't use that phrase in Texas.

e.g. GF: "Michael your front grill is so Hoosier"

No offense obviously, just asked emoving whether they used the term in Ohio too. Think of it as my cultural education.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 03 350z Track Built/Single Turbo
Sure that Mustang could beat a lot more expensive cars in a street race, but it's still a Ford. I know people with Hondas that could beat any AMG on the market on the street or strip. It doesn't mean I'd trade my AMG for a Honda by any means.

The only post-1980 Mustangs I can give some respect to are the 03+ Cobras. Usually their owners are a bit less douchy because they know they've got a quick car and don't need to run their mouth so much.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:16 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
My GF was born and raised in St. Louis, and introduced the term to me. Apparently it's used in Missouri as synonymous with White Trash. We don't use that phrase in Texas.

e.g. GF: "Michael your front grill is so Hoosier"

No offense obviously, just asked emoving whether they used the term in Ohio too. Think of it as my cultural education.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoosier

Originally Posted by urbandictionary
St. Louis Meaning: white trash of the worst kind. Also used as an adjective to describe anything several notches below your own perceived sophistication. Dates back to a strike that occurred in St. Louis in the 30's. During this strike, scab workers from Indiana were brought in to fill in for strikers. The perjorative hoosier stems from the St. Louis workers' lack of appreciation for this.
Noun:
Rob: Man, I didn't like that bar.
Mike: Yeah, it's full of hoosiers.

Adjective:
Edna: Did you see how she was dressed?
Cynthia: Yes, she is sooo hoosier.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
We just keep it simple here and call it white trash although I have heard a few use hoosier.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG
I had a '94 Mustang GT for 9 years and loved it. (5.0 engine.) It's one of those, "Age appropriate" things I think. in 1994 I was 24 and it was my dream car (all black baby!) and fit me perfectly.

But now that I'm a broken down old man of 41 with 3 amazing young children and a trophy wife that as a JD & PH.d (Not a typo, she's a doctor, doctor) , the E55 fits me perfectly. It's my, "Banker's Hot Rod." I can track it in the morning and take it to the symphony in the afternoon.

I could have bought a GT500, but with 2 doors and stripes, honestly I felt a little wierd in it, like I was trying to, "Relieve my youth" again or that it was a bit too garish for me.

I'd equate it to a great looking woman, with a smoking body, wearing a mini skirt at 41. (I'm a guy for the record!) Even if she can pull it off, there's still something, strangely wrong about you know? You're not quite sure why, but it's just not appropriate somehow.

And if this makese no sense...I'm OK with that too.

Alex
Old 03-14-2011, 07:40 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by alextaylor29
I had a '94 Mustang GT for 9 years and loved it. (5.0 engine.) It's one of those, "Age appropriate" things I think. in 1994 I was 24 and it was my dream car (all black baby!) and fit me perfectly.

But now that I'm a broken down old man of 41 with 3 amazing young children and a trophy wife that as a JD & PH.d (Not a typo, she's a doctor, doctor) , the E55 fits me perfectly. It's my, "Banker's Hot Rod." I can track it in the morning and take it to the symphony in the afternoon.

I could have bought a GT500, but with 2 doors and stripes, honestly I felt a little wierd in it, like I was trying to, "Relieve my youth" again or that it was a bit too garish for me.

I'd equate it to a great looking woman, with a smoking body, wearing a mini skirt at 41. (I'm a guy for the record!) Even if she can pull it off, there's still something, strangely wrong about you know? You're not quite sure why, but it's just not appropriate somehow.

And if this makese no sense...I'm OK with that too.

Alex
I've got to ask - what do the kids drive? Any of them hit 16 yet?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by tbal
Moron http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...se-some-2.html

(Hes referring to a cls55, 650i, and escalade.)

Guy doesnt realize that his car isnt stock, its modded... and he's comparing to a stock cls55...not to mention their mustangs weigh nothing, and probably gutted, where the benz is a full on luxury car haha typical ford mustang owners douchebaggery.

Funny thread, some guys are walkin sls, this that..
This is not surprising. The unfortunate ugly side of human nature is that lots of people who do not have something because of a lack of ability to afford it simply lash out because of jealousy and fragile ego. I think it is sad and pathetic, but it is the way most people are. Additionally, cars like Mustangs and Camaros are more prone to this type of attitude because of the common owners of those cars typically being restricted by either limited education or age that limits their financial ability to expand beyond the common muscle cars. Sure, there are new Mustangs and Camaros that are $40k - $60k, but I am speaking mainly to the market as a whole. In 90% of the instances where these 'class clashes' happen, you will find a person of limited education and income driving the Mustang or Camaro in question.

Last edited by Meeyatch1; 03-14-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
There are idiots out there that give every brand of car a bad name. Mustangs are not bad cars and neither are most of their drivers. I have owned multiple Saleen Mustangs and really enjoyed each and every one of them. They are capable performance cars given the fact that the older cars had a pretty mediocre platform to build on (newest models have come a long way).
I owned the following:
89 Saleen Convertible--great car back in the day, feels like a dinosaur now.
96 Saleen S-281 Speedster--great looking handling, but a pig with the 4.6 2V motor.
95 Saleen S-351 Coupe-- Great looking/handling car with a torquey 351
94 Saleen S-351R Speedster-- Supercharged, gobs or torque much like the E55

Old 03-14-2011, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by FASN8N
There are idiots out there that give every brand of car a bad name. Mustangs are not bad cars and neither are most of their drivers. I have owned multiple Saleen Mustangs and really enjoyed each and every one of them. They are capable performance cars given the fact that the older cars had a pretty mediocre platform to build on (newest models have come a long way).
I owned the following:
89 Saleen Convertible--great car back in the day, feels like a dinosaur now.
96 Saleen S-281 Speedster--great looking handling, but a pig with the 4.6 2V motor.
95 Saleen S-351 Coupe-- Great looking/handling car with a torquey 351
94 Saleen S-351R Speedster-- Supercharged, gobs or torque much like the E55
True, but in general (and speaking from my own experiences here in Indiana), most of the times when I receive trash talk, it is from some schmuck teenager or 20-something who is dumber than a box of rocks.

Like I said, there are exceptions to every rule (and plenty of douche bags in expensive cars too that act equally idiotic). I guess living in the Midwest and knowing that I had plenty of friends who barely got through high school, and now think that a 10 year old Mustang with slicks and loud exhaust is the end all be all of automotive existence, has tainted my viewpoint.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by jrcart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gbk3NA6roQ

Show them this video, all motor no nitrous and I had a bad launch. Note, the car in the other lane is a Mustang, I started pulling him and he shut down like a little beotch.
What mods do you have done? Impressive... hows that supercharger commin along
Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
Just anecdote that I thought was appropriate given this thread's tone. I've been banished out to East Texas for work, and though I stay at a hotel in Longview, my job site is almost an hour out into the country.

Anyway, I was filling my 2004 C240 (traded now) up at the gas station, and two good 'ol boys are filling up a brand new Chevy Duramax and talking crap about how only a rich ***-hole would buy a Mercedes. I let them go on for a bit, and then looked at him and said, "Nice Duramax, is that the LT?" He answered in the affirmative, and I continued, "What did that set you back $55k?"

At this time I was just finishing up, and he replied, "About $60k actually." As I opened my drivers side door I looked over at him and said, "I paid less than $15k out the door" got in my car and left. The look of sheer stupidity on his face is a priceless memory that will be with me always.

He was an idiot, but that doesn't mean every redneck is. Moreover, depending on the Mercedes owner he could have been correct in his assumptions. There are idiots everywhere, I just try not to be one.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tbal
What mods do you have done? Impressive... hows that supercharger commin along
The SC will be done next week. I'm picking up the car next Thursday and I'm attending the event at Famoso next Friday, I can't wait to see what it can run.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Oh man, I cant wait for the videos, its going to be EPIC.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
BenzoDoc,

Kids don't drive just yet, still too young. The wifey is only 33 (Yeah I'm a cradle robber) met her while she was in law school at 22. Kids are 4.5, 2 and 4 months, but I'm already planning the cars I'll get for them as a college graduation presents. (Thinking C63 or a C class) For high-school, I'll help them buy cheap used cars as those get thrashed anyway.

They'll all definitely be attending both computer simulated and Bondurant teen driving classes here in AZ when they hit 16 as car accidents is one of the top killers of teens in the US. Cheapest insurance you can buy!

Oh and Fasn8n, the S-351 one Saleen was my dream car for many, many years. 500 HP car in the mid 1990's, wow!

Alex
Old 03-15-2011, 12:51 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by alextaylor29
BenzoDoc,

Kids don't drive just yet, still too young. The wifey is only 33 (Yeah I'm a cradle robber) met her while she was in law school at 22. Kids are 4.5, 2 and 4 months, but I'm already planning the cars I'll get for them as a college graduation presents. (Thinking C63 or a C class) For high-school, I'll help them buy cheap used cars as those get thrashed anyway.

They'll all definitely be attending both computer simulated and Bondurant teen driving classes here in AZ when they hit 16 as car accidents is one of the top killers of teens in the US. Cheapest insurance you can buy!

Oh and Fasn8n, the S-351 one Saleen was my dream car for many, many years. 500 HP car in the mid 1990's, wow!

Alex
CINCH - Mnemonic for cause of death by age group in the US:
Conception to 1: Congenital Abnormalities
1-14: Injuries
15-24: Injuries
25-64: Cancer
65+: Heart Disease

So you're *spot* on. [sorry, studying for a licensing exam as I type this and that came up today ]

Cars will probably be mighty different in 12 years. I bet the 335xi will be cheap enough for a first car, and fun to tinker with if your eldest is male. My sort of adopted younger brother has survived not 1, but 2 terrible car crashes in his teens driving 3 series's, so that or some huge tank would be my choice.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Banned

amg
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
This is not surprising. The unfortunate ugly side of human nature is that lots of people who do not have something because of a lack of ability to afford it simply lash out because of jealousy and fragile ego. I think it is sad and pathetic, but it is the way most people are. Additionally, cars like Mustangs and Camaros are more prone to this type of attitude because of the common owners of those cars typically being restricted by either limited education or age that limits their financial ability to expand beyond the common muscle cars. Sure, there are new Mustangs and Camaros that are $40k - $60k, but I am speaking mainly to the market as a whole. In 90% of the instances where these 'class clashes' happen, you will find a person of limited education and income driving the Mustang or Camaro in question.
Wow,if that's not the snooty-est post in this thread yet I dunno what is
"common owners"..."limited education"..."limited income"..."common muscle cars"...what are you,the King Of All??
Someone reading this could easily interpret that as coming from the typical Mercedes owner.....
Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 AM

c200k
It made me chuckle, personally.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:13 AM

2002 C32 AMG
If anyone starts talking trash about the classic Mustangs I gonna have to smack a hoe.
LoL
Old 03-15-2011, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So based on the talk in this thread I can conclude the following...when I take delivery of my new 2012 Boss 302 I'm going to be Classy White Trash ? Oh, one more thing, I already owns me a pick'em-up truck, it's one of them there 2011 Ford SVT Raptors. The neighbors must not know what to think with the Black Series, an ML550, a heavily modded Tahoe, Raptor, Harleys and ATV's in garage.

White Trash is a 1970 Chevelle dropped on a 1980 Blazer chassis with 37" mudders and a wood bumper mounted on it....I'm just sayin

Last edited by jrcart; 03-15-2011 at 10:26 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mustang owners trash talk the cls55...