Sponsored by:

Have you guys seen the new numbers for the GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63AMGP30
Originally Posted by jrcart
Heres another interesting number for the GT-R, sales are down nearly 70%...they can't give the things away. A local dealership has a brand new 2009 sitting on the showroom floor discounted to hell and they cant sell it, the same dealer is sitting on 2 2010s as well. Nissan had to bump the performance if they ever wanted to sell another one. It seems they are fragile little things too, seems like every track event i do there is a GT-R going home on a flatbed. Fast cars with great performance but I never own one.
I agree. There are a few for sale around this area that have been sitting on lots for a while. I almost bought one a few times and pulled back. Godzilla isn't the best selling car...a very niche thing like AMGs. They can be very expensive to own and maintain. The performance is incredible, however. Like most toys you have to pay to play.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Well you guys know about the worst disaster in Japan now. I wonder if the Nissan factory is affected? I don't think making of the GTR is a priority on their list. Sorry its off topic. But I feel so bad for Japan.
If this helps... From NAGTROC

" NISSAN STATEMENT REGARDING STATUS OF JAPANESE EARTHQUAKE AND IMPACT ON NISSAN AMERICAS OPERATIONS

Following the earthquake in Japan on March 11 Nissan Americas has been working around-the-clock with its teams in Japan and abroad to assess the status of its employees and the impact on its operations. The following will serve as an update on Nissan Americas operations and is complementary to an update provided by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. earlier today:

Employees

All Nissan Americas employees and their families are safe and accounted for, including those on assignment in Japan and those traveling in the country on business. Some Nissan Americas employees who were traveling in country on business have already returned to their home countries while others are in the process of returning.

Facilities/Production

All Nissan Americas manufacturing facilities remain operational and will continue normal production schedules until further notice.
In total six of Nissan’s facilities in Japan have reported some damage to their buildings or equipment, including Iwaki Plant (Iwaki City, Fukushima Prefecture), Tochigi Plant (Kawachi County, Tochigi Prefecture), Yokohama Plant (Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture), Oppama Plant (Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture), Zama Operations Center (Zama City, Kanagawa Prefecture) and Honmoku Wharf (Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture).
Nissan’s Tochigi and Iwaki plants will suspend operations until Friday, March 18.
Nissan’s Oppama, Kyushu, Shatai and Yokohama plants will suspend operations until Wednesday, March 16.

Vehicle Stock / Sales Impact

Nearly 70 percent of the vehicles Nissan Americas sells in the region are produced in the region and manufacturing operations are continuing to operate on a normal schedule.
In general Nissan Americas is operating with a sufficient days’ supply of vehicle stock on the ground in the region or already in transit from Japanese ports.
Some U.S.- and Canadian-bound vehicles at the Port of Hitachi, Ibaraki Prefecture and other vehicles stored at the Miyagi Service Center (Tagajo City, Miyagi Prefecture) were damaged due to the earthquake and/or tsunami.

Some Infiniti models and Nissan GTR and 370Z may experience delays in shipment to the U.S. and Canada with full impact still being assessed.
A shipment of more than 600 Nissan LEAFs destined for the U.S. left port in Japan on March 10, just prior to the earthquake, and will arrive as scheduled. Future impact, if any, on Nissan LEAF supply continues to being assessed. "
Old 03-17-2011, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG
Sales numbers for the GTR, I think they've only sold like 4,600 of them in total from 2009 - 2011 which is very low even for a, "Niche" car I believe.

My concerns with them as been reports of blown trannies/motors at launch even at stock and apparently they're very expensive to maintain. A car mag a few months back (Motor trend) and to spend almost $8K just to change the rotors and pads on a low mileage GT-R they had in their fleet.

$8K on brakes....and JUST on brakes...wow.