Need E55 motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Originally Posted by skratch77
well they replaced a sensor that is sensing the position of the crank,that is related to your car blowing up.I would call a lawyer and rain hell on that dealership.

They fed up the install,if the timing is off your car is going to ignite a cylinder when its not supposed to and bam,you get a hole in you block once you in boost.

This is 100% there fault
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Get a lawyer dude and put it on them.
Hellooooooo??? OP, listen to the above posts. Get a lawyer and a good mechanic who can prove that it was your dealers fault. If my car blew up after my dealer played with it I'd be in the showroom picking out a new car BEFORE I even filed a case. If it went to a jury trial which it may ultimately go to, you have a 99.99999% chance of the jury siding with you rather then a big ole mean dealer and their pushy lawyers.

Not to mention that dealers have liability insurance for these types of cases. The SA might be in full denial mode because the blown motor goes on his scorecard! Go directly to GM of the dealer and try to reason with him, if not, GET A LAWYER.

Last edited by TheVazha; 03-17-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Thanks all for your concern I have been batteling this for 8 months there is alot to this story I actually replaced the motor after it blew in 81 miles took another medcedes dealership in Doylestown Pa along with my warranty company 3 months to put another engine in car I got it back and it too blew up in 300 miles same way as first one they will not warranty it they said it hydrolocked, its all bs what we all think happened is they swapped over old fuel injectors and one was bad cause same cylinder blew apart again.

Been to Attorney General was worthless wait of time, progressive insurance looked at car cause if it was hydrolocked it would be covered but they deemed it not to be only one tenth of an inch of rain that week and day it blew it was sunny and up the on ramp to a highway.

Went to LKQ who has 6month warranty on motor they have no leak down or compression check of the engine they sold but they are still not honering their six month warranty either. As for a lawyer two of them won't even take case too many people involved and I think personally they have no knowledge of cars and don't even know where to begin soooo with all that now said I just want to buy a complete engine and get this car running again been almost a year without this car batteling incompetent dealerships and motor suppliers who dont care. Let alone all the money wasted on engine install to be doing it again. If any of you are a Lawyer or know of one who would take this case I'd be happy to hear from you
Old 03-17-2011, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Silverado, 03 H2, 66 Nova SS, 03 E55
Ohhhhh man. I genuinely feel for you.

That is seriously a disheartening story.

Have you tried to sue LKQ for selling a defective product and not honoring written warranty?