Sponsored by:

Picked a CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow
Originally Posted by alextaylor29
Congrats, if I ever leave MB the CTS-V is top of my list. Mods are pretty cheap (comaratively) and they can easily hit 600HP.

Quick question, they're stick only or do they make an automatic / E-gear?

Thanks.

Alex
Unlike the Shelby GT 500, CTS-Vs come in auto or manual.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
Doesn't matter what anybody else thinks, congrats!
+1
Old 03-17-2011, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 GLS63 AMG Diamond White
Congrats man! You have my dream car. Just imagine what a pulley and tune will do to this car!!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:29 PM

CTS-V
Originally Posted by Johncy2000
Congrats man! You have my dream car. Just imagine what a pulley and tune will do to this car!!
See my signature I'm going to purchase some drag radials and hopefully hit 11.2 and maybe lower in good weather.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LitiGATOR
See my signature I'm going to purchase some drag radials and hopefully hit 11.2 and maybe lower in good weather.
535 to the wheels? No way man.. What else can you do to the car? Headers maybe.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:58 PM

CTS-V
535 to the wheels? No way man.. What else can you do to the car? Headers maybe.
I have nothing more than a pulley + tune, and heat exchanger, but that doesn't add any power as we all know. Many people are porting their SC which adds another ~ 40 hp. Even more people have done heads/exhaust which adds a bunch of power too. My mods are pretty conservative compared to what a lot of the guys are running, many of whom are pushing well over 600 whp.

If I port the blower and get headers, and then have it tuned again --- I imagine I'd be right around 600+ whp.

I'm a huge E55 fan; my brother has one. But this car is awesome and [relatively] cheap to mod. I'd say the quality of the interior is better in my brother's E55, but I'm more than happy with the V's interior -- especially since I came from a 300C-SRT8.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have nothing more than a pulley + tune, and heat exchanger, but that doesn't add any power as we all know. Many people are porting their SC which adds another ~ 40 hp. Even more people have done heads/exhaust which adds a bunch of power too. My mods are pretty conservative compared to what a lot of the guys are running, many of whom are pushing well over 600 whp.

If I port the blower and get headers, and then have it tuned again --- I imagine I'd be right around 600+ whp.

I'm a huge E55 fan; my brother has one. But this car is awesome and [relatively] cheap to mod. I'd say the quality of the interior is better in my brother's E55, but I'm more than happy with the V's interior -- especially since I came from a 300C-SRT8.
That is spectacular!! One day when the CTS-V drop to the low to mid 40K I will definately pick one up. How does the auto transmission hold up to all that power. Pretty sturdy?
Old 03-17-2011, 05:17 PM

CTS-V
That is spectacular!! One day when the CTS-V drop to the low to mid 40K I will definately pick one up. How does the auto transmission hold up to all that power. Pretty sturdy?

I'm not having any issues, neither are the guys running a lot more power. The only transmission failure that I know about, is from someone pushing over 1000hp and running 9's (with spray). But that's to be expected.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R

that's a great move up from the srt8! i really wanted one of those until i sat in one and was told that that was as nice of an interior as i could get. if the caddy's interiors show they can hold up, i may reconsider. my '03 e55 has 140k miles and one would be hard pressed to say the interior doesn't look new.

Last edited by chiromikey; 03-17-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:35 PM

CTS-V
Originally Posted by chiromikey
that's a great move up from the srt8! i really wanted one of those until i sat in one and was told that that was as nice of an interior as i could get. if the caddy's interiors show they can hold up, i may reconsider. my '03 e55 has 140k miles and one would be hard pressed to say the interior doesn't look new.
I owned the SRT8 for almost four years. After having heads/cam work done to the car within the first year, I beat the **** out of it for the next 3+ years without nary a single a issue. It put down a "modest" 440 whp and ran a best of 12.2 @ 117 on street tires. Not staggering numbers by any means compared to the E55/CTS-V, but pretty good for the money. I loved that car and would recommend it any day to someone that couldn't afford something a little more expensive.

So far, so good with the V interior. My only real qualm with it is the "piano black" plastic that surrounds the radio/ac controls. It scratches very easily. Some people are putting some-type of vinyl overlay on top of it.

The Recaro seats are an expensive option, but a "must have" in my opinion. Once you get the settings dialed-in, they're extremely comfortable, and sturdy.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
lol, when i asked the salesman about those black surfaces, he told me they were volcanic obsidian and wouldn't scratch!!! lmao, same guy that tried to tell me the other panels were real carbon fibre so i guess i knew an answer like that was coming...
Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: CTS-V

Congrats. And +1 that the only one who matters when you buy a car is you, not what others may think.

I hope that you fare better than I did. I bought an 09 CTS-V in January 09 with 8 miles on the odo. It was fast, pretty, and handled nicely; but after a year and 3600 miles had developed such a lengthly list of quality issues that I sold it....honestly never looked back for 5 minutes I was so happy to be done with it. Add in so-so dealer service in my area and it made for a much less than satisfactory ownership experience.

Mine was early production and candidly had the worst GM quality I had seen in a long time, and I had previously owned a half dozen Vettes over 12 years.

Perhaps post bankruptcy GM has addressed the quality, but I'm very interested to hear your feedback after a year of ownership.

Good luck and enjoy it.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:51 PM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
Congrats on the ride man! thank god you got a sedan.

The coupe looks like someone rear ended it or kicked it hard in the a$$!

And the wagon looks like a hearse.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I saw a black CTS-V coupe and it was jaw-dropping. It looked very exotic for a Cadillac.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by chiromikey
lol, when i asked the salesman about those black surfaces, he told me they were volcanic obsidian and wouldn't scratch!!! lmao, same guy that tried to tell me the other panels were real carbon fibre so i guess i knew an answer like that was coming...
That is funny...most salesmen are such jokes. Last year my buddy and I went to a Nissan dealer across the street from my work (he wanted to see what they had...I tagged along to see if they had a GT-R). This salesman came up to us when we were looking at a 370Z. He started spouting about how fast it was... I just smiled and smirked. When he said...."the 370Z will blow away new Corvettes in a straight line and around turns". I started laughing and just said ...'I don't think so'..... to which he replied "Really???". I was like "yeah...really... the new Vettes have almost 100hp more and weigh less'. He seemed to be in shock. I wonder how many people just buy the BS that salespeople (being PC) are selling.

Anyway, if the fake CF is a deal breaker, just know that Cadillac offers a $600 Sapele wood option. I am thinking about replacing the fake CF on mine with real CF from D3 ($995). I am also thinking of doing something with that black "scratch-free" (yeah right) surfaces. Some people have installed a matte black vinyl wrap surface over it (it actually looks pretty good).

Tom
Old 03-18-2011, 01:29 AM

03 CL500 amg package/08 Audi S6/07 Range Rover Sport/06 cls55/09 c63
congrats on the purchase!! what a nice car - there seem to be alot of youtube vids with the mods and high hp numbers, which are always fun to watch - i have seen a few of these at the auction and always draw a crowd around them - waiting for a nice white coupe to come through that does the right money and i'll try and sang it. enjoy the car!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:07 AM

CTS-V
Originally Posted by TMC M5

Anyway, if the fake CF is a deal breaker, just know that Cadillac offers a $600 Sapele wood option. I am thinking about replacing the fake CF on mine with real CF from D3 ($995). I am also thinking of doing something with that black "scratch-free" (yeah right) surfaces. Some people have installed a matte black vinyl wrap surface over it (it actually looks pretty good).

Tom
Does the D3 replaces all the faux carbon fiber on the door panels and around the radio? That's actually not too bad; I thought it was a lot more. Are you doing this soon?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:30 AM

E55 AMG, CL65 AMG, S8, S6, E30 M3, Z3MC
Originally Posted by TMC M5
That is funny...most salesmen are such jokes. Last year my buddy and I went to a Nissan dealer across the street from my work (he wanted to see what they had...I tagged along to see if they had a GT-R). This salesman came up to us when we were looking at a 370Z. He started spouting about how fast it was... I just smiled and smirked. When he said...."the 370Z will blow away new Corvettes in a straight line and around turns". I started laughing and just said ...'I don't think so'..... to which he replied "Really???". I was like "yeah...really... the new Vettes have almost 100hp more and weigh less'. He seemed to be in shock. I wonder how many people just buy the BS that salespeople (being PC) are selling.
They absolutlely believe it!

My second job, just out of high school was selling cars at a Nissan/Infiniti dealership. And we were told to lie our *** off if we thought it would sell the car. So if someone was looking at the a fast-ish car (350Z and G35 at the time) they told us to lie our *** off, and say it will beat damn near anything. The sales manager said, "Always compare it to the BMW M3, and say how much better and faster the 350Z/G35 is compared to the M3"

I didn't stay there long...
Old 03-18-2011, 04:27 PM

E55
Here is a link to a CTSV build on a site that I use to regular. Very simple mods put it well over 600 to the wheels...

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...d.php?t=111965

Todd
Old 03-19-2011, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 44 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by drop997stop
Thought I would never do it but I ended up buying a american car. I went from a 08 e63 to a pretty much fully loaded CTS-V sedan

If you have not driven or been in one I encourage to check it out. The car is something else.

Handles much better than the e63, more power and the interior is pretty nice.

downfalls, the fit and finish is not european but far superior that any other american car I been in If a european car was a 10 then I would rate the caddy at a 8. I also get free maintenance

All my friends and family are shocked that i bought a caddy. Pretty shocked at myself also but I could not be happier
The new ones are pretty neat. Post up some pictures of yours!

I passed a black CTS-V coupe a couple of weeks ago and it looked and sounded amazing! As you mentioned, the interior fit and finish (and cheap plastics) is the part that would drive me nuts. But driving a 4-door Corvette is pretty amazing.