W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Leak RECALL petition *(*(PLEASE READ)*)*

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200k
Originally Posted by skratch77
It seems like they are replacing it with a bad part,give them a 2006 vin next time.MB changes alot of things over the years and you might not even be able to get 2006 parts to work.

I know the early 03 and 04 had a full spare and the trunk is different.That is probably why you guys keep having this issue,mb probably fixed it in the later cars and you keep changing out a bad part.
No, that is not the reason. The parts are defective and the engineering substandard.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Well why are we only seeing 2003 and early 04 cars with these constant problems.I mean I don't want to gynx my car but I have never had a fuel issue.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:44 AM

c200k
Because the parts for those cars are defective and/or engineered incorrectly.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 AM

2007 E63 AMG
07 with the issue. I think it's all W211's
Originally Posted by skratch77
Well why are we only seeing 2003 and early 04 cars with these constant problems.I mean I don't want to gynx my car but I have never had a fuel issue.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:48 AM

////E55
Signed... but man, no offense, that was not very well worded and lots of mistakes.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:50 AM

c200k
The op started a new thread to avoid answering to the constructive criticisms posted here.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
false sknight, I was simply busy. And yes skratch, Even some w211 e63s are having this issue. I am aware of the mistakes, after all were all human. But if i can get the amount of signatures to turn heads at mb, then i will forward my issue on to a lawyer who gets paid not to make spelling errors and knows whos strings to pull.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:18 PM

c200k
False? You ONLY returned after I called you out over there and said for maximum impact, you need the posts consolidated into one thread, or it's pointless.

You still didn't fix the poor writing in the petition, which you could solve by writing a new one, which was the complaint I saw first in that other thread. It makes you look like a doofist.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by sknight
False? You ONLY returned after I called you out over there and said for maximum impact
No, I logged on at 2:00, then saw your 'callout' at the same time, which explains the post times.....
Old 03-26-2011, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
false sknight, I was simply busy. And yes skratch, Even some w211 e63s are having this issue. I am aware of the mistakes, after all were all human. But if i can get the amount of signatures to turn heads at mb, then i will forward my issue on to a lawyer who gets paid not to make spelling errors and knows whos strings to pull.
Dude, there are no "Strings to Pull" sending a internet petition to the prez of MBUSA will do nothing, he won't even read it.

This is a matter that needs to be taken up with NHSTA, they are the group that investigates and issues recalls.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
Done.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
But if i can get the amount of signatures to turn heads at mb, then i will forward my issue on to a lawyer who gets paid not to make spelling errors
Originally Posted by AMGPilot
sending a internet petition to the prez of MBUSA will do nothing, he won't even read it.

This is a matter that needs to be taken up with NHSTA, they are the group that investigates and issues recalls.
It has already been stated that once i get a sufficient amount of signatures, I will speak to a lawyer that can take this to both MB USA and the NHTSA...
Old 03-27-2011, 03:59 PM

c200k
Once you get the signatures required, you will find that most of the people will be nowhere to be found, because most don't have the cars to complain about. That is the main reason petitions don't work. You're just getting signatures. What counts is actual people going to the same lawyer you're speaking to and providing proof. As far as the NHTSA waiting on a petition, I 100% doubt that. Reporting direct is required by them. Sometimes one person opens up a case, then spreads that contact info around. This is highly unusual about them acknowledging a petition, especially in the case of the attorney, who has to spend time tracking people down to prove their claim, ownership, and other variables.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by sknight
Once you get the signatures required, you will find that most of the people will be nowhere to be found, because most don't have the cars to complain about. That is the main reason petitions don't work. You're just getting signatures. What counts is actual people going to the same lawyer you're speaking to and providing proof. As far as the NHTSA waiting on a petition, I 100% doubt that. Reporting direct is required by them. Sometimes one person opens up a case, then spreads that contact info around. This is highly unusual about them acknowledging a petition, especially in the case of the attorney, who has to spend time tracking people down to prove their claim, ownership, and other variables.
This is true and what needs to happen is a law firm wanting to pursue a class action suit. They can subpoena for dealership records and ownership/VIN numbers and owner's addresses (how do you think you get those "join the class action suit" letters from attorneys?)

All you have to do is point them to complaints about the issue and their dog-like scent for money will lead them into it. If they don't pursue it's only because: 1) in reality there may be no real merit to it all 2) there's not enough potential payback for them

As I've already mentioned, write to Girard Gibbs LLC. They're the ones who started the Mercedes TeleAid litigation years ago. Or try Lief, Cabraser, Hiemann & Bernstein. They both have experience dealing with MB.

http://www.girardgibbs.com/teleaid.asp

http://www.lieffcabraser.com/home.php

But be aware that this sort of stuff can take years. MB will spend big money to delay and make all sorts of legal requests to stall any progress. That's a lot cheaper than settling with potentially hundreds of thousands of owners (all the W211 E Class cars on the road.)

In the meantime you'll just have to deal with it at the dealership and MBUSA level. All you can hope for is that they will give you goodwill and keep trying to fix your car. Otherwise you'll just be spinning your wheels (and not with your car, lol.) They have all the time in the world to stall and say no to you. But why spend time and energy fighting Goliath? It's a waste. Just get rid of the car and move on.

p.s., the best hope is that the NHTSA will determine that this is, in fact, a real safety issue. Only then can they force a recall and MB will once again have to do a voluntary recall. But if it's a design issue that can't be easily remedied, then they'll just keep replacing parts for as long as the car will be on the road. This is what Volvo had to end up doing with badly designed ETMs and BMW is doing with their failing HPFPs. Keep on replacing them. No money out of your pocket but still a huge waste of your time. You have to decide if it's worth keeping the car.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Signed. Hopefully we can get this taken care of one day before it kills someone.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 AM

2005 E55
Signed
Old 03-28-2011, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Please take the time to read this, and sign it.

http://www.change.org/petitions/w211...new=t&opt_fb=t
p.s., your 'petition' is titled as "W211 E55/E63 and W212 E63 Fuel Leak Petition." Where's are the instances of the W212s leaking? Was it ever posted here? Do the new W212s use the same fuel sending units? And why not just say all W211s (it's not just AMGs that are affected.) I'm meeting up with the service manager of my dealership tomorrow (he's a close friend of a colleague of mine) and I'll ask him if they are indeed the same components.

But where did you get that info?
Old 03-28-2011, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by 220S
This is true and what needs to happen is a law firm wanting to pursue a class action suit. They can subpoena for dealership records and ownership/VIN numbers and owner's addresses (how do you think you get those "join the class action suit" letters from attorneys?)

All you have to do is point them to complaints about the issue and their dog-like scent for money will lead them into it. If they don't pursue it's only because: 1) in reality there may be no real merit to it all 2) there's not enough potential payback for them

As I've already mentioned, write to Girard Gibbs LLC. They're the ones who started the Mercedes TeleAid litigation years ago. Or try Lief, Cabraser, Hiemann & Bernstein. They both have experience dealing with MB.

http://www.girardgibbs.com/teleaid.asp

http://www.lieffcabraser.com/home.php

But be aware that this sort of stuff can take years. MB will spend big money to delay and make all sorts of legal requests to stall any progress. That's a lot cheaper than settling with potentially hundreds of thousands of owners (all the W211 E Class cars on the road.)

In the meantime you'll just have to deal with it at the dealership and MBUSA level. All you can hope for is that they will give you goodwill and keep trying to fix your car. Otherwise you'll just be spinning your wheels (and not with your car, lol.) They have all the time in the world to stall and say no to you. But why spend time and energy fighting Goliath? It's a waste. Just get rid of the car and move on.

p.s., the best hope is that the NHTSA will determine that this is, in fact, a real safety issue. Only then can they force a recall and MB will once again have to do a voluntary recall. But if it's a design issue that can't be easily remedied, then they'll just keep replacing parts for as long as the car will be on the road. This is what Volvo had to end up doing with badly designed ETMs and BMW is doing with their failing HPFPs. Keep on replacing them. No money out of your pocket but still a huge waste of your time. You have to decide if it's worth keeping the car.
I agree with with your post completely If this problem is a design problem, then no matter how many times we "replace" the parts, it will eventually come back again. It'd be nice (although a long shot) if Mercedes-Benz was able to find a design fix or a new part to stop this from happening.

Unfortunately, it is not only about the inconvenience of getting the car fixed or even paying for the repairs, it is also the potential danger that this situation can present.

To the OP: I don't think this issue affects W212 models (at least not yet). You should rename your title to include all W211 E-Class models: E320, E350, E500, E550, E55, and E63.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
It'd be nice (although a long shot) if Mercedes-Benz was able to find a design fix or a new part to stop this from happening.
That would be ideal. But I agree, it would be a long shot. The car is no longer in production so the incentive isn't really there. If it were still being produced and began to affect sales numbers, then they would jump to it.

If the design is the same in the W212, then there's some hope. The later W211s and current W212s do still share certain components. I'll try to find out tomorrow when I meet up with my service manager.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by 220S
p.s., your 'petition' is titled as "W211 E55/E63 and W212 E63 Fuel Leak Petition." Where's are the instances of the W212s leaking? Was it ever posted here? Do the new W212s use the same fuel sending units? And why not just say all W211s (it's not just AMGs that are affected.) I'm meeting up with the service manager of my dealership tomorrow (he's a close friend of a colleague of mine) and I'll ask him if they are indeed the same components.

But where did you get that info?
I believe there was one, I may be wrong, but i believe he said 2009 E63. yes, he posted in another thread. ill link it soon. I dont know if they use the same units, but youd think they might, being an E class. And please ask about this when you see your SA/SM.. I have even found a law firm that takes auto related cases.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:43 PM

2003 E55 K1
Patriot

As someone who has been fighting this problem for two years, I regret that I have but one signature to give for my family.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I believe there was one, I may be wrong, but i believe he said 2009 E63. yes, he posted in another thread. ill link it soon. I dont know if they use the same units, but youd think they might, being an E class. And please ask about this when you see your SA/SM.. I have even found a law firm that takes auto related cases.
A 2009 E63 is a W211.

Did you even check out the law firms I posted. They are experienced in CA suits with Mercedes already. The law firm doesn't have to be local to you. Once they decide whether or not to take it on, they will take over. You do nothing. That's why it's called a CA suit (class action.)
Old 03-29-2011, 04:48 AM

c200k
I'm pretty sure the law firm, if he even spoke to one, is not taking him seriously, since they're telling him to fill online petitions, do the legwork, etc. It all sounds like they're trying to make him go away.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG
I also filed a report with the EPA. Maybe they can open an investigation too. They already caught MB once and it costs them $59 million.

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/complaints/index.html

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/cases/civil/caa/mercedes.html
Old 01-13-2014, 02:14 PM

2013 450 gl
Leaking Fuel Sensors in 2003-2009 Mercedes

Leaking fuel sensors on Mercedes Vehicles and Terrible Customer service

Everyday I run into more people with this problem the dealers and Mercedes Benz Corporate are very uncooperative about it . If you are lucky they may cover half of the parts and charge you the labor to repair/replace the leaking sensors. Just hope that your gas tank does not need to be replaced. Mercedes is getting hundreds of calls a week on these Leaking tanks and sensors. This will end bad for Mercedes, One day in the near future someone's house is going to burn to the ground because of leaking Fuel in the garage next to the water heater. We had the problem in our CLK550 2007 The dealer Fletcher Jones of Newport Beach Gave us nothing but trouble and getting the problem fixed the car has 7000 miles on it. Trevor Thornley and Heather Lewis the Customer service representatives only compounded the problems with his lack of knowledge and his inability to properly communicate with customers. We asked on no less than six occasions that we would like to speak with Garth Blumenthal the General Manger and only got the run a round from Trevor. In our opinion Trevor has no business communicating with upset customers. We were so frustrated in dealing with him we had the vehicle sent over to Anaheim Mercedes to finish the repairs. "We will never again step foot in Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Newport Beach". They have lost Our entire Families business Forever. and depending on the outcome on how Mercedes Benz Corporate deals with our claim to be reimbursed for all our out of pocket expenses on for the repairs made at Mercedes of Anaheim. They may lose any future business. We can honestly say that this was the worst stressful unprofessional customer service we have ever experienced at any dealership. FJMC have ZERO interest in customer retentions. They care about one thing ONLY "PROFITS and the Bottom Line". We will never buy from them again. They have made us into a huge detractor. We will go out of our way to publicize this experience and make sure as many people as possible will know about their lack of customer service and commitment . Shame on Mercedes Benz of America and Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Newport CA and Trevor Thornley. For NOT doing the right thing for their Long term Customers. This is a Serious fire and explosion Hazard. The fix can run 1300 dollars all the way up to 3500 dollars if you need a new fuel tank. The estimates online say that as many as a 300,000 vehicles are using these defective Sensors (I think it could be a lot more). After doing some research online We found that there has been a class action lawsuit filed against Mercedes Benz of America for these defective Dangerous Leaking Fuel sensors and Fuel Tanks. ( see the link below) http://www.scribd.com/doc/100877072/mercedes-lawsuit. Keep in mind these sensors are located directly under the rear passenger seats under a access panels. In our vehicle we actual smelled the gasoline in the cabin and the garage. The entire interior still reeks of old gasoline and we don't even want to drive the car. Anaheim Mercedes told us to leave the windows down and it will dissipate after time (Ya Right) Also note all of the leads and electrical lines going into this sensors in contact with the raw fuel/gasoline. Defective products are not just inconvenient for consumers. When products fail due to bad designs or manufacturing flaws, they can cause injuries and cost consumers significant financial loss. Manufacturers have a responsibility to comply with industry safety standards and to warn consumers of any potential dangers. If physical injury or financial harm results from their failure to do so, and when other consumers have suffered losses similar to ours, the manufacturers may be held legally responsible through class action lawsuits and complex multi-district ligation (MDL).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Quick Reply: Fuel Leak RECALL petition *(*(PLEASE READ)*)*