Old 03-27-2011, 02:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
some pics from the mile

!!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
I got burnt alive out there. Literally, my face and arms are maroon. WTB Lidocaine.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:33 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
what's with the fastest m5 only running 169? and i say "only 169" with all due respect, it' just that i expected more with all the years of hearing about their top end and gearing advantages. maybe it was bone stock?
Looks like this Texas mile Caddy , may agree with you..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 03-27-2011, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy Camaro
soulsearcher was there but had tranny issues so didn't run very often.

There was a stock SL65 there also.

Ran our cam only C6 out there and did 177.3mph

Think the ART viper ended up doing 244 out there, the supra went 231 and a TT camaro went 239. And the most impressive is the 69 Big Red Camaro running 217mph with no power adders - all motor.

Last edited by 98aggie; 03-28-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Texas Mile? More like Drunken Mile. What a weekend, had a blast with the Eurocharged guys and everyone else.

Hey Jerry, we're out of chicken.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Wow a '69 camaro doing 217 motor only?!? That's impressive for it's aero qualities.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:26 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
what's with the fastest m5 only running 169? and i say "only 169" with all due respect, it' just that i expected more with all the years of hearing about their top end and gearing advantages. maybe it was bone stock?
definately anything but bone stock. Heavily modded minus a sc or NOS. I drove the car and never hit 7th gear...

BMW Launch control destroys our cars on every level, as does their breaking too. I stopped easily without effort at the end of the run (you only have a 1/2 mile to stop from those speeds) as oppossed to the cls when it was a white knuckle time stopping lol.

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Any Speedriven cars out there?
ya, they were having issues with the car unfortunately. Its always cool seeing what some of the other benzs are doing, expecially as we had a sl65 out there too!

Originally Posted by rarfinancial
That makes my 177+ run back in 2009 feel good. That was without my long tubes, throttle bodies, RT intake, cat delete, new custom tune, oh and the best thing was running on 20" Vellano wheels and the big plus was I left the damn AC on. My goal this year is 183mph.. I can't wait to make it out there this year to see what the beast will do now.. The Texas Mile is a BLAST. graet job guys
thanks! You should come with us down in october! We are going to have a ton of cars running!

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Nice run guys and way to represent.
thanks!

Originally Posted by Zod
Is that speed drivens SL?
correct...

Our main goal for the event was to break the M5 record, and thats what we were planning for. I personally drove the CLS and shes a beast. As we all know, running our cars in massive heat is a lost cause. When I ran the 171.4 in the cls the temp on the dash therm was 97 degrees! YIKES!

The lambo ran well at 160 consistantly, which was nice.

My personal favorite was watching everyones face as we brought the CLS into the staging lanes. Everyone was talking about it and we really woke people up about the power of the AMG line, expecially under a hot day!

When I was staged for the first run, one of my vette friends said it was strange, everyone stopped talking and was watching the car! Now thats what its about, showing people what AMG can do!

We will have dashcam videos up soon!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
thank you jake, jerry and clint for hosting us on saturday.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by shardul
always! It was great having you out there!

Also, here is the video to the vette crash....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtPOI4hkCKA
Old 03-28-2011, 12:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CL55
Was it a drop-top or did it rip the roof off?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:37 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Looks like this Texas mile Caddy , may agree with you..

Too bad I beat him. :-)

I'm working on that CAD-HUH license plate now...
Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 PM
SPONSOR

C63S

The CLS dynos 50RWHP and over 200RWTRQ higher than my M5 but only managed to be 1 mph faster.

I also managed to destroy many other cars with higher WHP.

Almost everyone was complaining about "heat soak" and "bad 90 degree weather". The M5 never heat soaked (even after 7-8 runs in one day).

We broke the M5 record with the 170.4 mph pass.

I think the majority of people don't understand the mile and assume they will be able to run over 170 100% of the time.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
sounded like you guys had a blast at the track!

Wish I had something like this in Canada... haha they don't call it the "Texas" mile for nothing... maybe one of these days I can come down to spectate!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:30 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
The CLS dynos 50RWHP and over 200RWTRQ higher than my M5 but only managed to be 1 mph faster.

Almost everyone was complaining about "heat soak" and "bad 90 degree weather". The M5 never heat soaked (even after 7-8 runs in one day).

I think the majority of people don't understand the mile and assume they will be able to run over 170 100% of the time.
ya, so true about the understanding! This event is extremely different then the 1/4. You have to maintain heat/timing/etc throughout the entire run to make good times! Thats also why the times we are getting with the cars really shows a lot!

Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
sounded like you guys had a blast at the track!

Wish I had something like this in Canada... haha they don't call it the "Texas" mile for nothing... maybe one of these days I can come down to spectate!
You are welcome to come out with us in October when we run again! We always have a ton of people there that just spectate!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by loungn14
My personal favorite was watching everyones face as we brought the CLS into the staging lanes. Everyone was talking about it and we really woke people up about the power of the AMG line, expecially under a hot day!

When I was staged for the first run, one of my vette friends said it was strange, everyone stopped talking and was watching the car! Now thats what its about, showing people what AMG can do!

We will have dashcam videos up soon!
I have video of your first run from the paddock area. I was extremely surprised to hear a bunch of Nascar types speaking eloquently on cam choices on their cars only to de-volve before my eyes when you staged. "140 [mph]" "Huh, what's that got in it" "Just a V8" "Why's he out here?" Jerry was there beside me, and hopefully I caught some of the ignorance on tape while we waited for the start guy to send you on your way.

Originally Posted by shardul
Seconded. Wouldn't have been the same without y'all. Glad I could get a workout too pushing the cars in grid, saved me a trip to the gym.

CTS QUE?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
I have video of your first run from the paddock area. I was extremely surprised to hear a bunch of Nascar types speaking eloquently on cam choices on their cars only to de-volve before my eyes when you staged. "140 [mph]" "Huh, what's that got in it" "Just a V8" "Why's he out here?" Jerry was there beside me, and hopefully I caught some of the ignorance on tape while we waited for the start guy to send you on your way.

Seconded. Wouldn't have been the same without y'all. Glad I could get a workout too pushing the cars in grid, saved me a trip to the gym.
lolol Some of those guys were a trip! They were all floored when we did the 171!

Thanks for the help with the cars, and it was awesome to meet the entire generation of fam!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:20 PM
SPONSOR

In car videos of the M5 and CLS

Eurocharged M5 Standing Mile

Eurocharged CLS55 Standing Mile

we will get the lambo one up soon as well....
Old 03-28-2011, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R

i would tend to agree that many don't understand what the mile takes but i think this supports the fact that the m5 isn't quite the top end producer it has been hyped up to be by gustav's groupies. i'm not saying it's a slug either, just that it's not untouchable up top like many people have been kicked off of m5board for reporting.

Last edited by chiromikey; 03-28-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:06 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
i would tend to agree that many don't understand what the mile takes but i think this supports the fact that the m5 isn't quite the top end producer it has been hyped up to be by gustav's groupies. i'm not saying it's a slug either, just that it's not untouchable up top like many people have been kicked off of m5board for reporting.

I agree..LOL...it's an easy car to beat in a race!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
I was just checking the results on our yearly event here, E60 M5 SMG hit 165.x (unknown mods).
Old 03-28-2011, 07:17 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55

LOL, that plate will be funny! Being an AMG E55 section, you know I had to stir the pot with the caddy plate.. Elvis would be proud..hehe

The BMW gear box really helps make up for not having a power adder. It is all about pushing through the wind force.. Drag C, gearing and shear power can all be equal in getting the job done. The M 5 makes up in gearing for what it may lack in shear brute power.

I feel a 996/997 TT would be the best mile car to build. You get quality, aftermarket support, low drag, low roll weight, AWD and can get the number by using less hp! A friend ran 196.7 mph in his 996 TT and it is his daily driver!! Nice easy bolt in roll cage too. Bolt in and out in 15 minutes..

I know Jerry spent at least 30 hours working on my tune for the mile last October. The car still has more in it , as we had heat and brutal heads winds then too.

HEY Jake! Did you run the CLS in manual mode on any of the runs?? I have another idea, that may help on the shifting..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Guys it was a blast. Jerry, Jake and Clint thanks for the Eurocharged hospitality! We enjoyed the day!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:18 PM
SPONSOR

Yup! I do have to say that the car is awesome to drive when your daily is a modded 55. Nothing like getting planted every shift and launch control to put a smile on your face!

Originally Posted by Lopes80
I was just checking the results on our yearly event here, E60 M5 SMG hit 165.x (unknown mods).
Thats what we had been seeing as well, decently modded they all seemed to run 163-165 here. It takes quite a lot to make up 5-7 mph!

Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
LOL, that plate will be funny! Being an AMG E55 section, you know I had to stir the pot with the caddy plate.. Elvis would be proud..hehe

The BMW gear box really helps make up for not having a power adder. It is all about pushing through the wind force.. Drag C, gearing and shear power can all be equal in getting the job done. The M 5 makes up in gearing for what it may lack in shear brute power.

I feel a 996/997 TT would be the best mile car to build. You get quality, aftermarket support, low drag, low roll weight, AWD and can get the number by using less hp! A friend ran 196.7 mph in his 996 TT and it is his daily driver!! Nice easy bolt in roll cage too. Bolt in and out in 15 minutes..

I know Jerry spent at least 30 hours working on my tune for the mile last October. The car still has more in it , as we had heat and brutal heads winds then too.

HEY Jake! Did you run the CLS in manual mode on any of the runs?? I have another idea, that may help on the shifting..
yes I did! I have some ideas as well we will have to chat! IAT's were crazy, with no trunk tank lol. Expecially under 97 degree outside temps!

Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
Guys it was a blast. Jerry, Jake and Clint thanks for the Eurocharged hospitality! We enjoyed the day!
It was great to finally meet ya face to face!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
by any chance, do they record et's at any of the mile events?

(flame suit on)
Old 03-29-2011, 01:46 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by 99DirtybirdWS6
Wow a '69 camaro doing 217 motor only?!? That's impressive for it's aero qualities.
It's one of the sickest cars I've ever seen. My buddy RJ owns it. I'll be with him and some other participants at the Mojave Mile in April.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile Speeds