Sponsored by:

Pretty good deal on new Bosch pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Interesting...the 010 pump does flow better than the 002. I have the 002 installed in my car and it seems to work just fine, I don't feel that my car gets heat soaked at all ( I've done multiple longish runs with the 180mm pulley and the temps rarely even go over 150-155* in 85+* weather ). If I do a single long run then my temps will only touch the 140's ). But now I'm wondering......hmmmmmmm....
Old 04-23-2011, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55 1982 300dt
I think the 010 flows marginally more but at increased amperage. It's heftier, call it HD version. Might be able to provide slightly quicker iat recovery after a run. I remember comparing the cm30 to the cm90 in a simulated circuit. One weighs about a pound and flows 5 gpm at 3.4 amps. The other weighs about 10 pounds and flows 5 gpm at 5 amps. Kinda simple like an electric circuit. Compare the intercooler/heat exchanger to a single resistor of say 12 ohms. Place that across the terminals of a small 5lb. 12v battery(pump) and you get an amp. Place that across the terminals of a giant 500 lb. 12v battery(pump) and you get an amp. All of these pumps do the job. This flow rate is optimal. The gpm is not going to change much in a stock system. Getting an H/E that really eats the BTU's while the coolant is passing through at 4-5 gpm is where you can expirience....WINNING!!!!!!

Last edited by reitmeid; 04-23-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-25-2011, 10:19 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 E55, 2009 VW GLI
Here is the link to the 002 pump...

http://www.boschmotorsandcontrols.co.../kennlinie.htm

Here is the link to the 003 pump...

http://www.boschmotorsandcontrols.co...2003/index.htm

And here is the link to the 010 pump...

http://rb-aa.bosch.com/boaaemocs/Pro...8&prod_id=511&

I pasted a screenshot of the flow curves below. What you want to look at are the pressure readings.

As you can see, the specs from bosch say that pumps 002 and 003 flow the same at
.3 bar. Now look at the flow rates as pressure decreases. Pump 003 actually performs better when the temps are lower. Now look at the graphs as temperatures rise (heat increases, pressure increases). 002's flow line almost flattens out when compared to 003.

Due to amperage limitations, both pumps max out at or around the same level.

Pump 010 does flow better at the .3 bar level, and it's max is slightly better than 003 due to its ability to work at a higher amperage, as Reitmeid stated. The graphs also show that 003 performs better when things get hot.

Again, as Reitmeid stated, you'll get the most out of these pumps if you get an H/E to suck up as much heat as possible (lowers pressure). Results will be slightly better with the 010 pump.

Keep in mind these pumps were tested at 13v.

Last edited by O-55; 04-26-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
0-55
thanks for posting that's what i was looking for. May just stick with the 03 due to the fact the performance is not that far off and the fitting are the same as stock. The 10 seem to be a little bit difference and the cost for the 02 is only $119.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
I've used both the Johnson CM30 and the updated Bosch pumps on my stock e55 and can't tell the diff between the two. Currently running the Bosch with no issues even on the hottest days.

Just my .02 cents.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:32 PM

2003 CL 55 AMG
Wutsup guys, I bought my CL55 in January and had no problems up to June, July when my car was feeling extremely sluggish and i basically though my supercharger was FUC***. I read on the forums and found that the CM30 pump was exactly what i was looking for so i ordered it and put it on my car on July 27, my car was ridiculously FAST! I couldn't believe how fast my car was up until 2 weeks ago when it got really hot in LA and at low speeds and rpm's my car was the same sluggish piece of junk as before and i would notice when i would get on wide open throttle it wouldn't down shift sometimes. Long story short i do not suggest people waste their money on the CM30 pump i myself have contacted Hpautowerks.com and they told me as soon as i put my other pump on which is going to be the new 010 which i hope solves this issue, they are going to refund me if they find it's defective. I really do hope the 010 is the pump im looking for cause i miss hitting 0-60 in about 4 seconds when i first put the CM30 pump on. I hope this helps you guys and i will keep you updated as soon as i put the pump on in about a week.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 1CLEANCL55
Wutsup guys, I bought my CL55 in January and had no problems up to June, July when my car was feeling extremely sluggish and i basically though my supercharger was FUC***. I read on the forums and found that the CM30 pump was exactly what i was looking for so i ordered it and put it on my car on July 27, my car was ridiculously FAST! I couldn't believe how fast my car was up until 2 weeks ago when it got really hot in LA and at low speeds and rpm's my car was the same sluggish piece of junk as before and i would notice when i would get on wide open throttle it wouldn't down shift sometimes. Long story short i do not suggest people waste their money on the CM30 pump i myself have contacted Hpautowerks.com and they told me as soon as i put my other pump on which is going to be the new 010 which i hope solves this issue, they are going to refund me if they find it's defective. I really do hope the 010 is the pump im looking for cause i miss hitting 0-60 in about 4 seconds when i first put the CM30 pump on. I hope this helps you guys and i will keep you updated as soon as i put the pump on in about a week.

Could you give me a update please, as i'm going to purchase a pump a cm30 or bosch 010?
Old 09-21-2011, 02:22 AM

2003 CL 55 AMG
Originally Posted by johnng117
Could you give me a update please, as i'm going to purchase a pump a cm30 or bosch 010?
Honestly the 010 pump sucks when it's hot outside and by hot I mean like 80 degrees. When I use to have the Johnson the first two weeks I swear my cars was like a rocket, I was giving my whole block rides as if it was a Lamborghini or something. After about two the darn thing would choke during regular street driving and was sometimes sluggish at WOT. I sent my pump back to the seller and he said it seems to be working fine, and they are going to send it to Johnson and keep me updated. I hope I just got a defective pump but oh man I'm telling you the first two weeks I had my car that thing was ridiculous. Maybe I need to change something else other than the pump and that's my problem I don't know yet but I'll keep you updated, I'm going to diagnose the car hopefully next week and see wth is going on. As far as the 010 pump, it's no where close to the Johnson and the way it felt and it's much quieter.