Sponsored by:

MB Financial is screwing me- HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
MB Financial is screwing me- HELP

So I returned my e63 to a local dealership. Got it inspected and no additonal fees except some mileage charges.

After two months from when I turned in the car I get a additonal bill for 4K. MB financial states that I had the wrong rims and tires on the car. They found this out on the secnd inspection at the auction.

So instead letting me know that I had the wrong wheels on the car they stated they bought new AMG wheels and tires and charged 4K for them.

I had the right wheels and tires on the car when I turned the car in. MB financial will not show me any proof that I had the wrong wheels and tires and will not show me that they actually bought new wheels for the car.

I have been going back and forth with them and the dealership and am getting no where

CAn MB financial do this and what can I do to resolve this issue. Anybody experience something crazy like this before

Any help would be great
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
After you returned it to the dealer they swapped out your wheels to put on a pre-owned car they had in stock and then put those wheels on your car before it was sent to auction.

Typical dealer action. Fight this tooth and nail and good luck!

Last edited by TTMotorsports; 04-04-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
After you returned it the dealer they swapped out your wheels to put on a pre-owned car they had in stock and then put those wheels on your car before it was sent to auction.

Typical dealer action. Fight this tooth and nail and good luck!
This. Do you have any photos of the car as it was dropped off? As in: this is from the day it was dropped off. See? OEM wheels.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: Lease Turn In

If you returned the car, the dealer inspected it and signed off with no additional charges other than mileage, I don't see how they possibly can come back later asking for anything. Your contract was done when they signed off on the returned car and you squared up with them for mileage.

Something doesn't add up. I wouldn't pay another dime based on what you describe above. Hope it turns out o.k. for you.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I'm sorry, but I just don't see this going anywhere. Talk to a lawyer my friend, I just don't see how they can do this.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
That's total BS. As mentioned already, you returned the car. They signed off on it. You should be out of the picture now. They cant come back and charge you more. It's out of your hands. If they allegedly made a mistake and signed off on something they shouldn't have. That is an internal issue. Not your problem.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
My understanding is that the dealerships do not do the inspection but contract that work out to a vendor. The biggest one is DataScan Field Services. DataScan uses digital cameras and files the images with their internal reports to the lease company (or MB Financial or whoever carries the lease, etc..)

http://www.dsfs.com/

I would try to find out who, or what company, did the inspection and get the report.

p.s., it was about 5 years ago, but I went to DataScan's website and typed in the DataScan inspection number (the number was on a sticker left on the windshield) of a used lease return car I was thinking about buying and the pics and all the info was there......
Old 04-04-2011, 06:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
bs

everything sounds like a bunch of bull. The person at MB stated at anytime they can add additional charges if need be. I am getting a copy of the lease agreement to see the language.

I think a lawyer is in the future for me.

Beware everyone that is leasing. This can happen to anybody
Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by drop997stop
everything sounds like a bunch of bull. The person at MB stated at anytime they can add additional charges if need be. I am getting a copy of the lease agreement to see the language.

I think a lawyer is in the future for me.

Beware everyone that is leasing. This can happen to anybody
Good luck and I hope it gets resolved quickly.

Renting a car is like renting a house. It seems to always be the landlord's word against the tenant.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
I don't see what you are worried about - they cant physically take your money - do not pay them a single cent - I would make this very clear to them based on the reasons you have given. Let them take as long as they want in drawing this out it has no bearing on you. If they want their bill paid that is a matter for them, not you, since they are being clearly lazy in their attempts to justify their bill, pay it no mind.

Also document everything, make sure you document that you are giving them every option to remedy the situation before it goes to court - then in the event it does go to court you are more likely to succeed in recovering your legal costs.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
^^^
exactly right
Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
Originally Posted by iAMGod
I don't see what you are worried about - they cant physically take your money - do not pay them a single cent - I would make this very clear to them based on the reasons you have given. Let them take as long as they want in drawing this out it has no bearing on you. If they want their bill paid that is a matter for them, not you, since they are being clearly lazy in their attempts to justify their bill, pay it no mind.

Also document everything, make sure you document that you are giving them every option to remedy the situation before it goes to court - then in the event it does go to court you are more likely to succeed in recovering your legal costs.
until they hit your credit and drop your score 100 points
Old 04-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Did a quick read here so forgive me if I missed something. Didnt you get any documentation during the initial inspection? This would be your out. Was this the originating dealer?

And if MBCC is claiming the wrong wheels it would be safe the dealer swapped them out. This would mean a nice attorney letter to the GM of the dealer would be in order but proof that it was returned intact would help your situation in going after the dealer.

You could hold out against the bank but they will slap an excess wear and tear number on your credit or at least they can.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by jpohl402
^^^
exactly right
Well he is a Lawyer... lol
Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 QX56, 09 E63, 00 S2000
Originally Posted by 220S
My understanding is that the dealerships do not do the inspection but contract that work out to a vendor. The biggest one is DataScan Field Services. DataScan uses digital cameras and files the images with their internal reports to the lease company (or MB Financial or whoever carries the lease, etc..)
This is true, all the work is contracted out. But in the paperwork for all the lease agreements I've signed and inspections I've signed off on. It states that you are responsible for any additional findings that occur after the inspection. In most cases your vehicle gets inspected anywhere from 30 to 90 days before the termination/return date. They don't do it the day you return the vehicle.

I always take my own pics of the vehicle the day I return it at the dealership as well including tire depth. They always like to get you on the needs new tires scam.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
i had lexus try and charge me for a broken radio after returning a lease 4 months back . A phone call to Lexus and it was squashed