Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sacramento Trap Speed

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Mo my issue with you & your .02 is whenever someone ask or mention's quickest/fastest stock E55 there will be 5-10 people that say my car or nice run in some way but when it comes to you it's...nice run but Enzom is quicker or your wheels weren't stock or sac has issues, or come to famoso to see what your car will run there blah blah blah. I take it as a backhanded compliment
I'm sorry but that is incorrect. I've defended your runs many times and have argued with people online regarding your times many times, and have stood up against Sacramento's attacks many times, and have even stated that I've personally witnessed your runs many times in order to validate them. The thread you were referring to about Enzom was not about your car at all. Someone asked about a list of the quickest/fastest runs. And when the list was posted, I noticed Enzom was not on it. So I said on there: hey guys, don't forget about Enzom as well. And for some reason, you went on the attack for without explanation. The guy was one of the first ones to set 55k records and inspired many of us to start racing our beasts and taking them out to the track more often. Why would adding him to the list annoy you, I have no clue It's not like I listed his name before yours on the list or anything.

A similar pattern repeated in this thread.... Mikey posted his .02 cents and nothing happened, then when I posted, all of a sudden you went off It's not like I posted an opinion or a secret or a speculation; I posted a fact which actually completed the information given by Mikey. Information, which ironically makes your car look better (not worse) in this case since the aftermarket wheels you had on were 19s not 18s So honestly, I'm starting to get tired of you being too sensitive or too "whiny" over nothing. You never used to be like that. I remember people used to trash Sacramento and trash your runs and Alan's runs yet you always remained calm. I don't know if you're going through some type of personal or work-related problem, but you should relax bro.

And by the way, Sacramento's trap speed issue started right after the accident they had in early 2009. They had to re-set/re-position the sensors over again, but apparently they set them too close to each other which caused the trap speed to read slightly higher than normal ever since. Therefore, the trap speed issue has been a problem through most of 2009. So technically, if you want to be accurate, even your 119 mph trap in November 2009 was during a time when the sensors were off and so was inaccurate.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 04-25-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Jack, I understand where you're coming from. But, you should considering lightening up just a tad bit. After all this is a discussion forum. I used to get into heated debates and Ive said a lot of things I regret. I'm nobody to to point fingers.... I used to fly off the handle from time to time. Because, I'm very passionate about my car and accomplishments. That I turned into a completely different person when anyone tried to challenge me. It was the pride.... Like Mo said. If you're going through some type of personal crisis. Just try to be calm, things will unravel and you will have much more clarity to make an informed decision.

You're car is one of the quickest and fastest stock E55's in the country! Not may of us in the 11s regardless of tires or wheels.

Hey, think of it this way. We will never get the kind of DA (Density altitude) Enzom did on his record setting run. We will never have tracks as good as the east coast imo. It's highly unlikely we will ever get the type of track prep that the east coast gets on a regular basis.

With that being said. As Californians we need whatever we can get to even out the playing field. So, if we run drag radials to try and compensate for the lack of traction we get here in CA. There is nothing wrong with it in my book.

One thing I can't stand is all these bogus records people make up. Quickest stage 1 on a sat morning. Fastest stage 2 with drag radials, drinking a beer in 72 degree weather on a Tuesday night!. WTF?? Hopefully some of you understand what I mean...

People try to compare numbers from East to West and in reality you just cant. It's apples to oranges. Bring both cars same day same track. Now we're talking...

But, for technical reasons and that alone. I have to say that Enzom still holds the record overall for stock E55. Unless someone takes there bone stock E55 to Atco, MIR, or where ever Enzom ran his car, on a similar day with crazy negative DA and try's to beat it. That's all she wrote.

Just my 2 cents. Now putting on flame suit.

Last edited by Max.H; 04-24-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Max.H
Jack, I understand where you're coming from. But, you should considering lightening up just a tad bit. After all this is a discussion forum. I used to get into heated debates and Ive said a lot of things I regret. I'm nobody to to point fingers.... Because, I used to fly off the handle from time to time. Because, I'm very passionate about my car and accomplishments. That I turned into a completely different person when anyone tried to challenge me. It was the pride.... Like Mo said. If you're going through some type of personal crisis. Just try to be calm, things will unravel and you will have much more clarity to make an informed decision.

You're car is one of the quickest and fastest stock e55's in the country! Not may of us in the 11s regardless of tires or wheels.

Hey, think of it this way. We will never get the kind of DA (Density altitude) Enzom did on his record setting run. We will never have tracks as good as the east coast imo. It's highly unlikely we will get the type of track prep that east coast tracks gets as well.

With that being said. As Californians we need whatever we can get to even out the playing field. So, if we run drag radials to try and compensate for the lack of traction we get here in CA. There is nothing wrong with it in my book.

One thing I can't stand is all these bogus records people make up. Quickest stage 1 on a sat morning. Fastest stage 2 with drag radials, drinking a beer in 72 degree weather on a Tuesday night!. WTF??

People try to compare numbers from East to West and in reality you just cant. It's apples to oranges. Bring both cars same day same track. Now we're talking...

But, for technical reasons and that alone. I have to say that Enzom still holds the record overall for stock E55. Unless someone takes there bone stock e55 to Atco, MIR, or where ever Enzom ran his car, on a similar day with crazy negative DA and try's to beat it. That's all she wrote.

Just my 2 cents. Now putting on flame suit.
English town he ran his record run, English town to Atco or MIr is about .2 .3 slower.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by mthis
English town he ran his record run, English town to Atco or MIr is about .2 .3 slower.
Thanks for the clarification mthis! On the day Enzom set the record, wasnt the DA like negative 3,500 feet below sea level or something to that extreme? Excuse my ignorance. I just don't feel like researching that fact right now. It's cool if you don't know. Just shooting the breeze...

BTW, Good god your C63 is Hauling the mail!! Jeezus christ bro. Take it easy.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Thanks for the clarification mthis! On the day Enzom set the record, wasnt the DA like negative 3,500 feet below sea level or something to that extreme? Excuse my ignorance. I just don't feel like researching that fact right now. It's cool if you don't know. Just shooting the breeze...
Negative 733 according to Dragtimes for that day/time.

BTW, Good god your C63 is Hauling the mail!! Jeezus christ bro. Take it easy.
lmao just a few mods thats it Tune/headers filters lsd no weight reduction. thats next
Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 PM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
are these numbers to be expected in a cls55?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by mthis
Negative 733 according to Dragtimes for that day/time.
I think I may have been off just a wee bit. I'd be happy enough just to make a solid pass at sea level. My 11.9 run on dragtimes was at 1246 feet above sea level. 60 foot could have also been better.

lmao just a few mods thats it Tune/headers filters lsd no weight reduction. thats next
Niiice! Just keep up the good work. It would be nice to see more 10 sec AMG's
Old 04-25-2011, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I think I may have been off just a wee bit. I'd be happy enough just to make a solid pass at sea level. My 11.9 run on dragtimes was at 1246 feet above sea level. 60 foot could have also been better.
It was probably even higher than 1246 ft.... I remember that day ended up being so HOT. It was unfortunately during the heat wave that swept SoCal that year.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
to agree w/Mo chk Jeremy of OE tunings header/tune C63 ran a couple wks apart
w/similar da etc (Jeremy correct me if incorrect) Sacramento 11.15 @ 125-126 then
same mods Famoso w/similar
60' 11.60 @ 120-121 u be
the judge.... I'm just a big fan
& only ran my c6 vette once..

so please temper the u have no trk exp blabla thank you!

Last edited by Thericker; 04-27-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Thericker
to agree w/Mo chk Jeremy of OE tunings header/tune C63 ran a couple wks apart
w/similar da etc (Jeremy correct me if incorrect) Sac11.15 @ 125-126 then
same mods Famoso w/similar
60' 11.60 @ 120-121 u be
the judge.... I'm just a big fan
& only ran my c6 vette once..

so please temper the u have no trk exp blabla thank you!
Not only that.... Alan actually tested the trap speed inconsistency using my GPS device and based on his results, he posted in a couple of threads that he believed Sacramento was off by about 3 mph in trap speeds even after DA correction. Not to mention, he also compared runs to Infineon, which is a track that has roughly the same elevation as Sacramento and very similar DA But anyways, there seems to be too much focus on high trap speeds lately despite the fact that ET is what ultimately wins a 1/4 mile race not trap speed

By the way, I heard that they supposedly fixed the trap speed issue last February (2 months ago) but no one seem to have any confirmation yet
Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Fastest stage 2 with drag radials, drinking a beer in 72 degree weather on a Tuesday night!. WTF??
I will never use drag radials as I would like as close as possible to a "normal" street scenario as possible. Oh, and extra points for not spilling beer down the track.

But seriously, I don't think a forum is any reason to be getting bent out of shape. If I were running times anywhere close to what Alan was when he was getting all of those questions, (or Hammer here and there on his "stock" time), I could really care less. But I'm easy going like that...
Old 06-15-2012, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
Fastest stock time is 11.9? What was the trap speed?

I couldn't get past 114 last night, probably because it was 70+ degrees. I did manage a 12.29, 100% stock. I'll start a thread and post the video so you can see my stock wheels w/street tires.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
99 ford lightning
cool that car down with a fan and watch that mph go up.