W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

talk about expensive & overpriced, wow !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Bubba may have money but Bubba also has bad taste.

If he was so keen on stripes I'd have suggested vinyl and not to repaint the whole car. At least it could be undone without damaging the future value of the car. Nice samples of these will eventually be limited and the intact ones will be sought after. I hate seeing potentially classic cars be butchered for someone's immediate gratification. Yeah I know it happens all the time and it's his dime, but hey....
Old 04-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by jpohl402
for the record, I don't care either way how much was paid for any of the parts - nor have I made a comment about dyno-comp being a ripoff. I was shocked, yes, when I saw the prices - but renntech & shyt is expensive. I like DC & they do killer work... but I do think a lot of these items on this B.S. could be had for much cheaper, depending on who you know - though thats not my argument to make. i never slammed the car design either, as that is personal choice.

Hooley, are you familiar with the sickkkk G55 in the pewter matte color with headers & the metal belt trim (instead of standard black) & no spare tire.... pics attached. $12,500 spent at D.C.
I'm not to familiar with this G55. When we were building the custom lift kit for another G55. I prototyped the G55 Long tube headers. They were then put on this G55. So I don't know what was done to this particular G55, but it does have my headers on it. Its a big set of headers. Pretty challenging set of headers to make. As the whole header had to snake around the frame of the car.

As dyno-comp was building the G55 (as seen in the pics above) We also worked hand and hand with them to built this lifted G55.It took months of testing and fabrication to do it. Before we built this lift kit. This G55 was running 12's in the 1/4 mile from its last rould of mods. Not to mention this G55 has a full surveillance system with 360 degree views. Complete with thermal imaging cameras in the front and rear.

To top it off the owner of this G55 is a 20 year old girl. Who happens to have 3 G55's and Cayenne turbo and all of them are modded to the max. One of them has a renntech supercharger on it the one has a full renntech package on it. Not too sure about the 3rd one. But... The Porsche Cayenne has a full turbo upgrage and she road races it.

http://dyno-comp.com/blog/2011/03/ne...-mercedes-g55/
Old 04-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by 220S
Bubba may have money but Bubba also has bad taste.

If he was so keen on stripes I'd have suggested vinyl and not to repaint the whole car. At least it could be undone without damaging the future value of the car. Nice samples of these will eventually be limited and the intact ones will be sought after. I hate seeing potentially classic cars be butchered for someone's immediate gratification. Yeah I know it happens all the time and it's his dime, but hey....
vinyl for the strips was suggested, but he wanted them painted. We have a great shop local to us that did my roof on my SL55, Dyno-Comp's trailer ect. We use them when ever we can, but in this case.. Having them painted was what he wanted.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

As I mentioned in a past post. Here is the Porsche Cynn Turbo S before the whoel motor had to be pulled out for the turbo upgrade. A guick story about this Porsche. It sat at the owners house for a while. Some animals got in it and chewed the wiring harness up. So the whole wiring harness had to be replaced. Here is the link the Porsche

http://dyno-comp.com/blog/2009/10/20...ore-and-after/
Old 04-17-2011, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 E 55 AMG, 08 E63, 06 CLS 55 IWC, 2012 E63 Designo Mystic Red
Why on earth would you want to make a gorgeous German performance car look like a Shelby Mustang of all things? And pay an average American's annual salary to do so?