W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Vancouver Dyno Day Results. (Eurocharged tuning/OE tuning)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
FYI: The S55 had a boost leak (seen in logs). The leak was going to be fixed before any dyno takes place.
I did not want to go here as I know this will cause a flamewar..... But, I feel there is some information that the vehicle owner's do not know. After reading the EC file from the E55, it was seen to be a copy of a POWERCHIP file made as a custom dyno tune for a highly modified E55 (owner is an mbworld member). I have read other copied Powerchip files from Eurocharged/LET tuned vehicles. 2 of these files were read from E55K's after EC/LET tuning cause engine failure (owners are mbworld members too). There are others too (PM me for details).
From the ecu read on Saturday, a total of 59 maps were found to be identical to a Powerchip file's changes. The speedlimiter is even identical. These are changes unlike any other tuner, and some of these maps are not changed by other tuners. What are the maps you coppied, and what do they do? I know, because I made the file for Powerchip. Proof can be provided to those who ask via PM.
Why buy a Powerchip file, when you can get a coppied one from a highly modded car for $400? BTW, this file is a custom tune for a highly modded car. Changes to the back pressure maps can be dangerous in the wrong vehicle. Others too..... Copy tuners kill cars and the industry.
How tuning works: Each byte 0h (address) can have a value 0-255 (256 8bit), address range of 0-7FFF (0-32767 addresses). To change hundreds/thousands of these bytes identically the same as another tuner is impossible. Byte sequences are porposly placed by tuners for this indentification purpose. PC id bytes were present in read file.
Anyone wanting verification of the origin of their tune, I will offer my services for free (no free tunes included).
Don't you think the business savvy thing to do would be to settle this without drama, privately?

I certainly don't think that any publicity is good publicity, especially given the context of what you're saying.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
I think every tuner has their share of blow motors. I have heard of motors blowing up on the dynos. A lot of members dont want to talk about it. I also may have a video of a E55 blowing up on the rollers.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Some pretty serious accusations there. I don't know much about copyright protection in tuning software but a company accusing another company of plagiarism like this is pretty serious.

In any case, and to paraphrase what we said recently during another bout of sponsor mudslinging:

MBWorld Staff encourages sponsors to defend themselves, unless the negative opinions include TOU violations -- insulting language, name calling insults, etc. These can and will be moderated.

Further, members... who make multiple accusations across multiple threads against a sponsor here, may constitute "stalking" for the purpose of "harassment," both of which are prohibited by the TOU, and may be moderated on a case by case basis... this applies regardless of whom is being stalked. In short, civil complaining is fine, but vindictive stalking is not. Fair warning.

Continue to discuss this if you want... But keep it civil. Staff is watching.

and...

Our TOU state that we cannot post "material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered to give rise to civil liability"... so all this "proof" is off limits, by PM or otherwise.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:05 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
FYI: The S55 had a boost leak (seen in logs). The leak was going to be fixed before any dyno takes place.
I did not want to go here as I know this will cause a flamewar..... But, I feel there is some information that the vehicle owner's do not know. After reading the EC file from the E55, it was seen to be a copy of a POWERCHIP file made as a custom dyno tune for a highly modified E55 (owner is an mbworld member). I have read other copied Powerchip files from Eurocharged/LET tuned vehicles. 2 of these files were read from E55K's after EC/LET tuning cause engine failure (owners are mbworld members too). There are others too (PM me for details).
From the ecu read on Saturday, a total of 59 maps were found to be identical to a Powerchip file's changes. The speedlimiter is even identical. These are changes unlike any other tuner, and some of these maps are not changed by other tuners. What are the maps you coppied, and what do they do? I know, because I made the file for Powerchip. Proof can be provided to those who ask via PM.
Why buy a Powerchip file, when you can get a coppied one from a highly modded car for $400? BTW, this file is a custom tune for a highly modded car. Changes to the back pressure maps can be dangerous in the wrong vehicle. Others too..... Copy tuners kill cars and the industry.
How tuning works: Each byte 0h (address) can have a value 0-255 (256 8bit), address range of 0-7FFF (0-32767 addresses). To change hundreds/thousands of these bytes identically the same as another tuner is impossible. Byte sequences are porposly placed by tuners for this indentification purpose. PC id bytes were present in read file.
Anyone wanting verification of the origin of their tune, I will offer my services for free (no free tunes included).

Once again, as you’ve demonstrated in your previous posts, your actions are immature, baseless and unprofessional. You’ve once again leveled false claims in an open forum against my company in a blatant attempt to ruin our reputation/credibility. You will be hearing from our legal team shortly – I suggest you stop while you can.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:23 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=359326

If anyone missed this, seems relevant given the dyno manipulation accusations in this thread...

MODS - couldn't figure out whether we were allowed to link other forums in our posts c/o the TOU - please remove if this is against the rules.

Last edited by BenzoDoc; 05-09-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
This coming from a company where EVERY file is a Powerchip file? Classic…..

You’re quick to call EC copy tuners, but this is exactly what you have been accused of on the M5board and other BMW forums and by POWERCHIP themselves. Shall we post those links?

I'm pretty sure that you can manipulate the data for your benefit….

First you say you read an EC file off of 2 blown E55’s. Next, you say that the file is yours and you created it….Humm… So was the file yours or EC’s? I’m lost here……

You’re quick to bring up issues you think pertain to Jerry / EC….what about your issues with 55’s? Shall we bring them out here for everyone to read?? You may think people don’t know, but some of us do.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by BenzoDoc

If anyone missed this, seems relevant given the dyno manipulation accusations in this thread...

MODS - couldn't figure out whether we were allowed to link other forums in our posts c/o the TOU - please remove if this is against the rules.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:34 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by AUS-E55
This coming from a company where EVERY file is a Powerchip file? Classic…..

You’re quick to call EC copy tuners, but this is exactly what you have been accused of on the M5board and other BMW forums and by POWERCHIP themselves. Shall we post those links?

I'm pretty sure that you can manipulate the data for your benefit….

First you say you read an EC file off of 2 blown E55’s. Next, you say that the file is yours and you created it….Humm… So was the file yours or EC’s? I’m lost here……

You’re quick to bring up issues you think pertain to Jerry / EC….what about your issues with 55’s? Shall we bring them out here for everyone to read?? You may think people don’t know, but some of us do.
I found it humorous that around page 15 of that thread things have spun off topic enough that they matter-of-factly and colloquially begin discussing blown AMG motors.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
This is what plays in my head after reading nearly every post in this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw
Old 05-09-2011, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy

Oh snap! :O

I'm scared to drive my car now because how do I know my file wasn't screwed around with by OE. :|

Jerry can you please reflash my car with the tune you originally put on it.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:46 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by chris.bachman

Sadly, I feel the same way. I loathe drama.

But if we are all going down this road yet again, all readers should be informed.

This is where the thread is going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQYO_5SvtnY
Old 05-09-2011, 02:31 PM

92 mustang coupe stroked with nos
Originally Posted by tbal
Oh snap! :O

I'm scared to drive my car now because how do I know my file wasn't screwed around with by OE. :|

Jerry can you please reflash my car with the tune you originally put on it.
hey t get a bung put in and check the af it was running pig rich with the oe tune
Old 05-09-2011, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
I hope the OE tune isnt in the car... hence not driving it. Jerry is going to reflash the car with the Eurocharged tune, I will have the car re-dynoed after that and confirm the AF.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
Originally Posted by chris.bachman

This thread keeps getting better....

Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:09 PM

W212 E63
This is getting too funny, even MB can't guaranteed on the output of each motor to be identical since there must be some difference in each motor. Having said that, one motor might work better with one tune over the other. "A" motor with "A" tune might have more hp but less tq vs "A" motor with "B" tune. "B" motor with "A" tune might have less hp but higher tq...etc..

Afterall, if you don't like the result of "A" tune, try the "B" tune and look at the A/F ratio to see if it's safe for your motor.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:29 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by eason
This is getting too funny, even MB can't guaranteed on the output of each motor to be identical since there must be some difference in each motor. Having said that, one motor might work better with one tune over the other. "A" motor with "A" tune might have more hp but less tq vs "A" motor with "B" tune. "B" motor with "A" tune might have less hp but higher tq...etc..

Afterall, if you don't like the result of "A" tune, try the "B" tune and look at the A/F ratio to see if it's safe for your motor.
This is why a "flash" tune will always produced varied results. To get the most from a tune you need to get up on a dyno and have a custom tune performed for your car specifically. I know my orginal flash from EC that compensated for the SL55 intake made a difference but it was nowhere near the power I saw from a custom tune that was tweaked and retweaked while my car was on the DD with AFR being monitored at the tailpipe.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:17 PM

2003 E55 AMG
chris is a 100% right
Old 05-09-2011, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Not a pro, but wouldnt AFRs be more accurate pre-cat, rather than at the tail pipe...
Old 05-09-2011, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Not a pro, but wouldnt AFRs be more accurate pre-cat, rather than at the tail pipe...
if you are doing a basic wide band data logging with a heavily modded car then you'll have a pre-cat bung installed for the O2 sensor.

A tailpipe AFR Sniffer is the most basic equipment to use and pretty much a must have at a dyno. It is more than sufficient to read AFRs accurately.

So there really isn't much of a "more accurate" unless you're running a full on drag car

Last edited by ShangoAshe; 05-09-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
The tail pipe sniffer would have the same readings as the pre-cat? Even though gases pass through cats, 2nd cats, resonators than the mufflers? Just curious...

Parm whats your take on the pre-cat vs tail pipe sniffer...

Last edited by tbal; 05-09-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

usually a 1/2 point difference
Old 05-09-2011, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Yes it sure would, that being said a Tail pipe wide band is way more accurate than none at all.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:05 PM

2008 VW GTI
yup, went to Miller a year back and they had the tailpipe sniffer setup. I will go back there to do another run.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Post your new dyno results. How does the car feel now conpared to before? I'm having the bung installed will be doing few pulls later this week once Jerry re does the Eurocharged tune.

Last edited by tbal; 05-09-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63

What a load of crap!! Wanna know which tune is faster? Do some runs!! (1/4 mile, 60-130 runs, etc) Screw the dyno.

The OP of the "Dyno manipulation thread" (PENCILGEEK) Has had a personal vendetta with Gintani and OE tuning for a while now. Seems like an advocate for Powerchip.
Plus, Read the second post.
Mike Benvos analysis from POWERCHIP!!! Powerchip has had a hard on for OE tuning and bringing Jeremy's name down by any means he can.

You guys dont remember the thread when Wayne Besanko@Powerchip was posting personal info about Jeremy on MBworld??

You guys seeing a connection?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Vancouver Dyno Day Results. (Eurocharged tuning/OE tuning)