Thats it, WRECKLESS DRIVING??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
I may not have paid for the car itself, but everything that breaks is on my dime, and you know how these cars are. And as for the 'not afraid to die' comment, thats not how it was supposed to sound. I meant to say that this car has enough power to kill me without any remorse. Besides, after my mom heard about the stink that went down, (I guess she didn't know the police showed up until my neighbor mentioned it) she took my license and keys, and now I am stuck with my feet until Monday, So there you go, another idiot off the streets for now.
At least someone in the family has a brain. God bless you mom!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:29 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Mom should keep those keys, sell that car, and get Son a nice AMG Sport Package V6 W211 E-Class (i.e, looks the same, but doesn't go the same).

I have nothing against young kids having nice looking cars (it would make me a HUGE hypocrite if I stood on my high horse now and said that I did), but I do against them having fast cars.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by K-A
Mom should keep those keys, sell that car, and get Son a nice AMG Sport Package V6 W211 E-Class (i.e, looks the same, but doesn't go the same).

I have nothing against young kids having nice looking cars (it would make me a HUGE hypocrite if I stood on my high horse now and said that I did), but I do against them having fast cars.
i dont care how much money i have, even if i was a gajillionaire someday, no kids of mine would ever get a 500hp car for their first car... its just insane... I was a nut at 17 (still midly insane now lol) and almost killed myself many of times in my first car - a 7yr old (at the time) 1985 puegot 505s turbo-diesel with a whopping 130hp.... i know for sure i would of been dead if it was a 500hp car.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
The person who called it in probably broke the law by calling it in with their cellphone in hand. It was likely some sore old loser nanny-man in their S500 jealous of the faster sportier E55.
It is not illegal to use your phone while driving, if using your handheld device to contact emergency services for an incident or to report aggressive driving/illegal activity.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
After re-reading all this I really am shocked I thought I was the good guy in all of this. I almost feel as though not having my baby(E55) was an overnight sober-up. But I have been thinking you guys may be right, maybe I am a bit young/inexperienced to have an E55 this early into life. Lol I am actually thinking about buying a red convertible mustang, guy only wants just under $20 thousand, KBB is $23,000. 2007 mustang gt convertible with 48K on the clock, and has the optional shaker 1000 system.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Are you an attorney?

I'm not, but it doesn't seem this clear cut to me. If the person files a complaint, the police speak to the subject, who denies it, then it becomes a he said/she said case. Unless the complainant can find corroborating witnesses, there is really no evidence.

you say i'm speeding, I say I'm not. Without any further evidence, there is no clear guilty verdict.
No I am not. But I will say this again: Citizens are allowed to file written complaints against other motorists. It happens all the time. Many states encourage it. They do in NJ, MD, OH, and several other states.

I have stated several times...I know first hand of people here in the State of Maryland who have been through this. Reckless operation of a motor vehicle---not for speeding. The police have to observe someone speeding in order to write that ticket. But, if a motorist dials 911 on someone who they say is reckless driving or creating a public danger the police will respond here in Maryland. Sometimes the police will issue summons to appear in court, other times they will issue a warning, and in many cases ignore it. However, I know several people personally who have had motorists call 911 on them (mostly sport bike riders) who have been dragged through the court system over it. It's 100% the facts. One person is not saying "you are speeding". They are saying that you are driving aggressively or dangerously---two different things !!!

It's up to the judge to decide. The judge makes the call. It is simply NOT true that the police have to eye-witness the event. Not true.

Last edited by Lycan; 06-08-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
Originally Posted by iAMGod
I have represented no less than 3 matters which refer to these complaints, the only chance the police have in succeeding is if the complainant is called and appears to testify.

The first thing the judge will ask is where is the person making the complaint, if they are not present the judge will usually (and did in 2 circumstances) throw the case out.

Secondly, even if the person making the complaint appears, it will still depend on the account given and other circumstances as to whether the judge will impose a fine, from my experience none of them received any penalty but a warning.

As for your story about the police officer, I don't know what you mean by didn't end well for him, it is very unlikely this would ever happen in Australia.
He was initially arrested for assault in Ohio Summer of 1993. He had to go out get and attorney and spent thousands fighting it in court. Don't remember if he got convicted. The woman was driving with her kids in the mini-van when the guy went beserk on her. They arrested him within 15 minutes. I think he was charged with 215(3) Disturbing the peace in the end. It was a while ago.

Not sure about specific ORC clauses, but many states have the following:

(1) An "assault" is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

(2) Whoever commits an assault shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Last edited by Lycan; 06-08-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:27 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
NJ System

Here is what NJ uses:

The #77 Aggressive Driver System should be used to report aggressive or erratic driving that poses a risk to other motorists on the roadway. While these calls are important, 9-1-1 calls are prioritized over #77 calls as required by law. In #77 call response, police services are made aware of the report and respond according to availability and proximity to the incident, as well as, seriousness of the report. This system should not be used to report 9-1-1 emergencies.

Callers are reminded that when using either system, current wireless phone technology does not automatically provide calltakers with the information they need to provide appropriate response to the emergency. That's why it is important for all wireless users to remember to provide calltakers with the exact location of the incident (roadway, direction, milepost), type of emergency, description of those involved(vehicle registration, make, color), and a callback phone number.

As always, safety of the motorists is our first concern, so if you need to use the above services when driving, please pull over to a safe place, and then provide as much specific information as possible. The more detailed information you provide, the quicker we can help.

Thank you. Together, we can all help New Jersey's 9-1-1 & #77 systems help you.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:28 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Drive like an idiot, face the consequences of your actions.

What you described in your original post is unacceptable everywhere I've ever lived.

If you want spirited driving, do it on a track like you're supposed to [4 years of autocross, 6 years of Porsche club DEs and club races under my belt, FWIW]. If you can't afford to do track events, do it somewhere away from people so that if you fuck up, you can only hurt yourself.

You've already posted incriminating/indefensible stuff in this thread, and posting defensively will just make the grave you dug yourself deeper.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
You've already posted incriminating/indefensible stuff in this thread, and posting defensively will just make the grave you dug yourself deeper.
The grave I dug myself? Please elaborate
Old 06-08-2011, 12:54 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
So today, I was cruising around, and even did a few burnouts here or there. Then I was going about 40mph and there was a 90* turn coming up, but not too sharp, And i have safely taken it at 30 so i figured what the hell, and gave it a lill more gas. Took the turn at 42 mph, and car stayed planted firmly, just a little bit of squealing from the tires. anyways, Went home afterwards and about 20 minutes ago, A cop is knocking on my door. I figured he was only asking things door to door, because Why would he be here for speeding when the very corner I took was a 35 MPH zone about 100 feet after the bend. he then introduces himself, and then he asks me if I owned a black Mercedes Benz, And then proceeds to tell me (after I admitted to owning it and being a little naughty) that someone called in a complaint of wreckless driving, even got my plate #. He was very nice though, because thankfully after 10-15 minutes chatting and him running my name etc.. he decided to let me off with a warning to "kick off the summer". BUT: heres the thing, How is taking a corner fast considered wreckless? The only thing i was guilty of was speeding, and exhibition of speed, both of which were not brought up by him. Am I wrong to assume I was not being wreck less?
You admit to what you did here.

ok, I am glad I am not the only that feels like this is bull Sh.t.. There was only one car in sight and there were people cutting their lawn, so most likely the guy is his car, just a Kia. I will take pics of the corner too, almost HAVE to go out of the way to get to it. or maybe get a more complicated plate #... how hard is this to remember??
You posted your plate, [EDIT: Gonna pull out your personal information, despite you posting your plate # etc]

Well, I guess its because they had no proof. And, as a matter of fact, I may try 50mph next time.. maybe. lol, I can see it now. new thread; HELP, took out 3 mailboxes and smoked 3 wheels going 50 around a bend!! lmao
You've provided all the proof that "they need," clearly haven't learned your lesson as you say you're going to "try 50" next time despite already having a cop come to your house. An idiot repeats his mistakes. A smart man learns from his mistakes. But a genius learns from the mistakes of others. You don't recognize that what you did was stupid despite having a cop come to your door.

No, I don't do it normally, just on those days where theres a mustang revving up next to you and a parking lot full of girls doing a car wash...

But in reality I will learn not to do this when people are around. Not saying its okay to drive like, well, a moron, but we all have those moments, Don't We?
No, we don't all do this. You [or someone else] bought a car that wasn't built to turn, and you're tossing it around corners. That's dumb. Appreciate what you have or you won't have it for very much longer.

I see where this is going, and I kind of had a feeling it would. Was it stupid, yes. Was it immature, well, yes. But who here can honestly tell me, that you wouldn't do the same thing at 17, behind the wheel of your first car with more than enough power to kill you. Yea, this did teach me a lesson, in some way. Not with legal matters, but with pure common sense. Like others have said, do it when the time is right and **** like this won't happen. Hell, save it for the track. And FWIW, the girls and the mustang reference was PURE SARCASM. Believe what you want, I know what happened, I was there.. So next time you would like to tell he how it went down, ask your self this, 'Was I there when this happened?' If no, then don't tell me what occurred besides what I shared in my previous posts.
At 16 I started sanctioned driving events, because I knew that ****ing around on the street would get me into trouble. Please, please, please learn that "lesson" - save it for the track, and recognize that what you did was not smart.

I have been driving for more than two years, almost 3 in fact, as the big 18 is less than 3 months away. And I think I know how to react in a situation as it arises, and keep in mind I wasn't referring to a situation behind the wheel of the 55, thats what the computers are for. But until then, I will keep pushing my car when the time is right until it or I dies, whichever comes first. If it kills me, oh well, It'd be my fault anyways. But rest assured, I may not know what to do when the rear swings out at 50, but I do know what to do if a child does wander into the road.
2 years of driving experience is nothing. People die in car accidents all the time when they did nothing wrong. Do you think introducing 500hp into the equation and driving recklessly is going to help that statistic? Chances are you'll just **** up your car and kill someone else because you're in a titan of a car.

You're not 18 yet. How can you ignore the wisdom of others and "continue pushing your car." The time ISN'T right. The sooner you recognize that you're not invincible the better. I've got a licensing exam in 2 weeks that requires me to know the breakdown of leading killers by age group. You want to know what it is?

Infants <1 - Congenital anomalies, Complications of short gestation, SIDS
1-14 - Injuries, cancer, congenital anomalies, homicide, heart dz
15-24 - Injuries, homicide, suicide [because you're *invincible*]
25-64 - Cancer, heart dz, injuries [physical and mental maturity...]
65+ - heart dz, cancer, stroke, COPD

Look, sorry to be some stranger on a forum that's got to act in loco parentis but you MUST recognize that you've got to, at the very least, learn from your mistakes. Otherwise, Darwin will get you.

Last edited by BenzoDoc; 06-08-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: pulled out user's personal information
Old 06-08-2011, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
The grave I dug myself? Please elaborate
Honestly dude, just let this thread die. They will never let you hear the end of it (and rightfully so). Learn from it and move on.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
I also see that you like to play the drums. Perhaps going crazy on the drums would help you get out some of that energy, instead of lighting up the rear end on the street.

-black belt in internet...
Old 06-08-2011, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I have learned from my mistakes, and maybe this break from the 55 will teach me that next time I/bystanders/pedestrians might not be so lucky. So Maybe I will take BenzDocs advice and make a little group and have people in the same spot as me (car with too much power for them/their age) so we can all go to a track and have some legal/safe fun.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
I also see that you like to play the drums. Perhaps going crazy on the drums would help you get out some of that energy, instead of lighting up the rear end on the street.

-black belt in internet...
Lol, facebook tells you a lot about a teen. Yea, before I had the E55 I even had a little gas RC car that went 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, lmao its the E55s 1/10 mini me. But hey, maybe I should bust the ole rc car out and do some reckless driving.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:07 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
I have learned from my mistakes, and maybe this break from the 55 will teach me that next time I/bystanders/pedestrians might not be so lucky. So Maybe I will take BenzDocs advice and make a little group and have people in the same spot as me (car with too much power for them/their age) so we can all go to a track and have some legal/safe fun.
Excellent idea!

FWIW, my senior year of college all my car friends and I paid to rent a track. One of which is a member here, actually. Perhaps you can find other people at your high school to do that as a graduation present to yourselves.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
oh, I already have 6 people in mind, with plenty left. my HS teacher would too, lol he has a drag car though, well see.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:10 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Lol, facebook tells you a lot about a teen. Yea, before I had the E55 I even had a little gas RC car that went 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, lmao its the E55s 1/10 mini me. But hey, maybe I should bust the ole rc car out and do some reckless driving.
Just change your .jpg names in your photobucket or imageshack or what not. I didn't actually use the name of your photobucket, but rather used the string that facebook uses to name all of its photos to plug into

http s://ww w.facebook.com/profile.php?id=########

With the ######## being one of the strings of #'s separated by underscores in the file name of your photo.

If you ever find a picture of a hot car [or girl] on the internet embedded, and recognize the filename is generated by facebook...you now have the tools to figure out which profile it came from.

And thus, ends our next segment in internet safety
Old 06-08-2011, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
lmao, Ill have to try that some time. I figured my name was known because all you have to do is hover over the picture and "John_Cunningham" is right in the URL.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:14 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
lmao, Ill have to try that some time. I figured my name was known because all you have to do is hover over the picture and "John_Cunningham" is right in the URL.
Yeah, that confirmed that I'd found the right facebook.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Too bad i just changed the profile pic to my set, it used to be the E55.. lmao that wouldve given it away too
Old 06-08-2011, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
BUY the Mustang already so we can be done with you!

Last edited by grantwoodtx; 06-08-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
BUY the Mustang already so we can be done with you!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Why is this idiot still posting here? He's lied about buying the car, gives uninformed advice and now defends his actions that would have cost him his license if the cop witnessed his actions THAT HE'S ADMITTED TO.

Seriously 03'55AMG brings nothing to the table of any use in this forum
Old 06-08-2011, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Lycan
No I am not. But I will say this again: Citizens are allowed to file written complaints against other motorists. It happens all the time. Many states encourage it. They do in NJ, MD, OH, and several other states.

I have stated several times...I know first hand of people here in the State of Maryland who have been through this. Reckless operation of a motor vehicle---not for speeding. The police have to observe someone speeding in order to write that ticket. But, if a motorist dials 911 on someone who they say is reckless driving or creating a public danger the police will respond here in Maryland. Sometimes the police will issue summons to appear in court, other times they will issue a warning, and in many cases ignore it. However, I know several people personally who have had motorists call 911 on them (mostly sport bike riders) who have been dragged through the court system over it. It's 100% the facts. One person is not saying "you are speeding". They are saying that you are driving aggressively or dangerously---two different things !!!

It's up to the judge to decide. The judge makes the call. It is simply NOT true that the police have to eye-witness the event. Not true.
John, I'm not arguing that a civilian can't report a complaint, I know they can.

But evidence happens to be important in a court of law. If complainant says person X was driving recklessly, and person X denies that he was driving recklessly, and complainant doesn't have corroborating witnesses, you have a typical he said/she said case, in which the burden of proof is on the complainant. In such a case, it is extremely rare that a judge would bring a guilty verdict.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thats it, WRECKLESS DRIVING??