W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone had this happen before? Possible Acc. Pedal problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Has anyone had this happen before? Possible Acc. Pedal problem?

Today I was going to race a C63 AMG and when he hit the gas, I did as well. The only problem is that my engine felt like it stalled at the moment I went WOT and, as you can imagine, my heart almost came out of my azz. I immediately thought "OH *****! I blew the engine!"...but when I let off...the car drove fine. So I went WOT again and it accelerated fine. I was like...WOT?

I even went behind the C63, he went WOT before I could catch up to him and I still passed him so my car was pulling perfectly fine. I just don't know why it did that. I'll tell you want...I wanted to die when it happened...LOLLL.

Anyone had that happen before? Could my accelerator pedal or throttle be on the way out?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Now that I think about it...if I just tap the brake with my left foot while accelerating with my right foot...would the car close the throttle immediately? My VW GTI would do this if I pressed both things at the same time for a few seconds and I was operating the brakes with my left foot. Maybe I tapped it ever so slightly with my left foot? Will the car close the throttle instantly?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I have this same problem as well and it showed up again today
It only does it once and goes away until i start up again a few hours later

I plan on doing a retune, ive been told there is a update to one i have which is the same as yours.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
you are right about the brake pedal and accelerator, but it takes more than a few seconds of equal pressure. The brakes will super-cede the gas pedal, but its only after a few seconds on both, not just a slight tap.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AWOL
you are right about the brake pedal and accelerator, but it takes more than a few seconds of equal pressure. The brakes will super-cede the gas pedal, but its only after a few seconds on both, not just a slight tap.
Then it's not that...at least I'm not alone...lol. Anyone else?

Moosejaw...do you mean an update from EC?
Old 06-19-2011, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
These cars are stupid,if it was about to shift it will kill power and sometimes a quick jab will do that from the traction control kicking in.

If Im in s3 and accelerate from a stop and drive slow threw first and give it gas in second the car will bog sometimes because it was about to shift into 3rd.

My car is close to impossible to do a brake stand also.It will just kill power and wont do anything.

I wonder if we can run an 04 tcu in our 05s without needing to code anything.My car is very sensitive with the tc and even changing my tires was an issue.

I was like 2.3% vs the 2% that the car can adapt to and it threw a wrong gear ratio code.

Last edited by skratch77; 06-19-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by GT-ER

Moosejaw...do you mean an update from EC?
Yes
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Now that I think about it...if I just tap the brake with my left foot while accelerating with my right foot...would the car close the throttle immediately? My VW GTI would do this if I pressed both things at the same time for a few seconds and I was operating the brakes with my left foot. Maybe I tapped it ever so slightly with my left foot? Will the car close the throttle instantly?
My Audi is the same way, if you are on the throttle and then hit the brakes to brake boost it will close the throttle after about 2-3 seconds but it isn't instantly. I just let of the throttle briefly, hit the brakes to brake boost and then hit the throttle again once I have the brakes on so it will not close on me. Never tried in the E55 though since obviously you don't need to do anything like that.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by skratch77
These cars are stupid,if it was about to shift it will kill power and sometimes a quick jab will do that from the traction control kicking in.

If Im in s3 and accelerate from a stop and drive slow threw first and give it gas in second the car will bog sometimes because it was about to shift into 3rd.

My car is close to impossible to do a brake stand also.It will just kill power and wont do anything.

I wonder if we can run an 04 tcu in our 05s without needing to code anything.My car is very sensitive with the tc and even changing my tires was an issue.

I was like 2.3% vs the 2% that the car can adapt to and it threw a wrong gear ratio code.
lol...yeah. My car does have a few "hiccups". It's just that yesterdays hiccup scared the life out of me. Glad to know I'm not alone though.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
lol...yeah. My car does have a few "hiccups". It's just that yesterdays hiccup scared the life out of me. Glad to know I'm not alone though.
It is pretty scary but can be fixed
Just contact your tuner. They are aware of this issue.
You definitely have the same problem as me. I just havent had time to fix this issue.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
It is pretty scary but can be fixed
Just contact your tuner. They are aware of this issue.
You definitely have the same problem as me. I just havent had time to fix this issue.
I'll send Jerry an email. Thanks.

Last edited by GT-ER; 06-19-2011 at 02:29 PM.