I rolled down my window. "Hey, that's a new 328xi right?"
D-bag- "Yeah, just got it."
Me- "Cute, my girlfriend drives one. Perfect size for her."
Pot meet kettle.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, Porsche Cayenne, International Scout
Originally Posted by GT-ER
I wish I had your problem...I'm the one that has to harass to get a damn race.
+1
Old 07-08-2011, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG 2006
Originally Posted by GT-ER
I wish I had your problem...I'm the one that has to harass to get a damn race.
+1
Old 07-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Banned

clk55
once a 2002 Camry with HID's pulled up on me i was cursing while he was gunning at about 100 i backed out since we ware coming up where 5-0 usually hides the idiot had enough ***** to throw hazards on. I laughed and continued on with my night not worth a ticket.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Hands down 3series folks had given me the most "harassment" when I was in the E55. The M5 guys I met on the road seemed to have a "respectful" attitude...I felt the same way...like we didn't have to prove anything.

On the flip side the 3series guys I saw on the road really had some issues with ***** size or lack thereof...I don't want to generalize...just the guys I had experiences on the road were asshats.

PS For some reason every one and their mother wants a piece of the GTR. The SL65 not so much...I thought it would be the other way around.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by outrun
Pot meet kettle.
Just... leave.

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Hands down 3series folks had given me the most "harassment" when I was in the E55. The M5 guys I met on the road seemed to have a "respectful" attitude...I felt the same way...like we didn't have to prove anything.

On the flip side the 3series guys I saw on the road really had some issues with ***** size or lack thereof...I don't want to generalize...just the guys I had experiences on the road were asshats.

PS For some reason every one and their mother wants a piece of the GTR. The SL65 not so much...I thought it would be the other way around.
That's because the GTR is every fanboy's dream car and they just want to see it run. Pretty sure everyone knows its the fastest car on the road.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:59 AM

Two 957 Cayenne GTS's (black and silver), Duc749 (dark), departed '03 E55
I've only had my car for a little over a month now, and my story isn't really a race but a testament to these cars. The incident resonated with me, and well, it felt good.

I was merging onto I-70 out here in Denver, and this on ramp is a tight one with maybe 75 yards (feels like 50), on top of that it's an exit as well. So while merging some guy in a non-descript car I can't even recall now, tries to pull out across the white lines behind me. I had to move quickly or get pinched by someone exiting and possibly stuck. Mind you there are others in front of me merging as well.

So I give it a little, get out, and at the same time check the center and third lane (fast lane). No one in the center and someone in the fast lane in a Lexus coming quickly. I decide to hammer it, move to the center. Just as I do the Lexus comes right up next to me moving past me slightly (understand he's not racing just driving quickly). My (OUR) car gets up to speed from 50-90 so quickly the front of my car doesn't lose touch with his rear passenger door, and in a blink I go past him.

The entire punch line to this entire rambling. As I'm passing I glance over and the guy moves his hand on the top of the steering wheel looking at the dash, checking his speed.

I smiled, enjoying my new purchase.

Last edited by s4treg; 07-08-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
...you will have many more smiles like that with Beast ownership. 7 hrs of ownership, the E55 never failed to amaze me, before and after mods.

Originally Posted by s4treg
I've only had my car for a little over a month now, and my story isn't really as race but a testament to these cars. The incident resonated with me, and well, it felt good.

I was merging onto I-70 out here in Denver, and this on ramp is a tight one with maybe 75 yards (feels like 50), on top of that it's an exit as well. So while merging some guy in a non-descript car I can't even recall now, tries to pull out across the white lines behind me. I had to move quickly or get pinched by someone exiting and possibly stuck. Mind you there are others in front of me merging as well.

So I give it a little, get out, and at the same time check the center and third lane (fast lane). No one in the center and someone in the fast lane in a Lexus coming quickly. I decide to hammer it, move to the center. Just as I do the Lexus comes right up next to me moving past me slightly (understand he's not racing just driving quickly). My (OUR) car gets up to speed from 50-90 so quickly the front of my car doesn't lose touch with his rear passenger door, and in a blink I go past him.

The entire punch line to this entire rambling. As I'm passing I glance over and the guy moves his hand on the top of the steering wheel looking at the dash, checking his speed.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Originally Posted by skratch77
...At that point I didnt give a crap if I went to jail,I was in full beast mode and there was nothing stoping me from putting this kid in his place.
Full beast mode.. Love it

I know what you mean. If you just beat them, it leaves some questions: "Was that all the E55 could do"... Full Beast mode ends all debate, and if witnessed by patrol, could be ugly.

I am always preperated with "Throttle stuck? "

I get all kind of crazy challenges: Mini Vans, 328's, the Dodge crowd (300c, Charger, Challenger), Range Rover... Mind you, some of these are legit, like the SRT 8's and the SC Range Rover. But so far, when I play, the outcome has been the same.

Today, my challenge was a VW R32. He came up behind me VERY fast while I was at a light to get onto freeway (This is in Mexico). He flys up in my lane until he almost hits me, then swerves into the other (unoccupied) lane.

I was drinking my coffee, and he had the typical douche bag sloch.. and playing his music way to loud.

You have to turn left, then there is a long on ramp that goes uphill for about 200 yards, and then drops down onto freeway (maybe another 200 yards). When the light turn green he burned out, and entered the on ramp full speed. I let him get about 5 car lengths in front of me (in his lane), and then I just buried the throttle. When I got to the freeway, he was a dot in my mirror. He of course did a fly by, but I was just sippin my coffee. I don't like racing the random goofbad in his "I think this is fast, watch me go car" but sometime it is just fun to open it up. PS- When the guy gunned it, I took the time to start logging on my dashdaq just for fun
Old 07-08-2011, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by AMGfan

hahaha so true about 3 series guys!!! i have said it once and will say it again 3 series is jersey shore all the way
Old 07-10-2011, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
05 E55 AMG, E320 CDI, Turbo E46 M3,IS300 2JZGTE,VQ35 Turbo Maxima, Mercedes 300D
LOL! I often pull on the highway .. as I look over my shoulder, I can see cars moving to the outside lane as I come on to the on ramp ... thinking I am going to be too slow and that they'll pass me. By the time I hit the highway, I am 2 or 3 cars ahead and pulling away, rapidly approaching the car in front... when I look at the speedometer, I am over 100 MPH sometimes .. .with a big smile on my face

Almost crapped myself once though, when I did this and the car I was approaching after pulling on like this was an unmarked State Patrol car! The b****d didn't even have his radar on! Lucky I was only doing 95 and slowed rapidly to 75. I thought for sure I'd get pulled over .. I passed him and glanced over nervously ... he was talking on his cell phone! Phew!

All I can say is respect the throttle These cars move faster than they feel like they are going!

Most people don't know what these cars are ... just another Mercedes to most people. My buddy drove my car to a old school hotrod meet one time and parked amongst the hotrods (just an informal thing). He decided to pop the hood on the AMG ... he told me people were walking right by the old school hotrods to check out the AMG pointing to the enginebay saying "woah is that a blower?" and asking all kinds of questions hehe. Not that many AMGs around where I live.

I've only had my car for a little over a month now, and my story isn't really a race but a testament to these cars. The incident resonated with me, and well, it felt good.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by turbo97se
All I can say is respect the throttle These cars move faster than they feel like they are going!
I came from a 996 C4 to this, and it's just amazing how much faster the E55 is. Though the 996 did have that go-cart type driving feeling. Anyway, I'm definitely enjoying that raw feeling of power.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
^ I love the freeway on ramp story. Its fun to give "merge" a whole new meaning.

A couple weeks ago I was up in LA (getting new tune), and when I was coming home, there was a very short on-ramp that basically turned 90 degrees and dumps you in the slow lane.

I took the corner at around 30, and saw I had about 200 feet to get up to speed... An Escalade rolling on 24's went by on my left, and he had a lot of space ahead of him.. I can make it. I figured I try out the new tune. I buried the throttle, and was still watching my yellow triangle as I hit 70 and merged, well ahead of the SUV. Simply instantaneous - The Escalade came by a minute later, and 3 guys were just staring and smiling ...

My first post on this board met with some criticism, however I stand my my point: People do not know what these cars can do. FUN thread!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 AM

BTW - A quoted text from my wife yesterday (first time she drove the car).

"Hott DAMN this car is FAST!!!"
Old 07-10-2011, 03:56 PM

2005 E55 AMG
BTW - A quoted text from my wife yesterday (first time she drove the car).

"Hott DAMN this car is FAST!!!"
Ha...I love it. When we first test drove our E55 the first thing my wife said as we pulled from the parking lot was " Whoa..this car is dangerous!" I just look over at her with a big S**t eating grin!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by wkbb1
Ha...I love it. When we first test drove our E55 the first thing my wife said as we pulled from the parking lot was " Whoa..this car is dangerous!" I just look over at her with a big S**t eating grin!
haha first time i let me dad drive my e55 he said similar as i had the traction control off and he pulled out into traffic fish-tailing it and said " this is definitely a car that can get you killed" lol
Old 07-11-2011, 12:44 AM

2004 E55
Saw a car today I've never seen on the road....an SLR. Pulled up along side and admired, then went from a roll at about 50. Not even close. lol. He kicked my *** by a plane length. I didn't know what kind of power they put down until I got home. But it's a 5.5 with a blower? Wow.

Not a fan of the looks or the price, but that raw power was pretty amazing to get my *** kicked by.

Then I raced a Maserati Gran Turismo on the way home. Sounds like it was running a pretty loud exhaust on it. I beat him 2 times out of 2 times. Not by terribly much but I still beat him.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:37 AM

SLR! Wow, I've still yet to see one on the road.

BTW - just some notes on it's performance.

Car and Driver achieved a 0-60 mph (100 km/h) time of 3.4 seconds, and a quarter-mile time of 11.2 seconds at 130 mph (209 km/h) C&D suggests the times may be even lower if temperatures were lower. Motor Trend tested the SLR and achieved a 0-60 mph time of 3.3 seconds in April 2006. Car and Driver achieved top gear acceleration 30-50 mph and 50-70 mph times of 1.7 and 2.4 seconds, which are the fastest ever recorded by the magazine in a production car. The SLR also pulled 1.13 g on the skidpad.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
Originally Posted by wkbb1
My girlfriend won't drive it.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Add another racer trying to get me to bite!!!

On my way to work this morning a gsxr was coming fast and slows down right next to me and he looks at me and downshifts 3 gears,I start laughing and pointed in front of my lane at all the traffic and he just coasted with me for a min waiting for some space to run.

I would of ran him if there wasn't traffic and would of blown past my work exit that was coming up.

We slowed down to 45 mph lol
Old 07-12-2011, 01:59 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by gaspam
haha first time i let me dad drive my e55 he said similar as i had the traction control off and he pulled out into traffic fish-tailing it and said " this is definitely a car that can get you killed" lol
first time my girlfriend drove it she said, with a smile "that car actually moves when you press the pedal. I felt like a badass!"
Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 AM

E55 AMG, CL65 AMG, S8, S6, E30 M3, Z3MC
I don't seem to get any takers when I'm in the E55 or the M5. But as soon as a slip into one of the coupes, CL or M, it seems like EVERYONE is trying to run.