W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to purchase a used 2005-06 AMG. Extended warranty info help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently searching
Looking to purchase a used 2005-06 AMG. Extended warranty info help?

For starters I have used the search thread and I don't believe this topic has been discussed as far as what I'm looking for ...

I found a few pre-owned 2005-2006 E55 AMG's for sale within 200 miles of me. Mileage is about 45k-65k and I would like to know that I am covered with as close to bumper to bumper coverage as I can get the minute I drive it off the lot.

Now my question is does anyone here know the websites for these extended warranty as for all the search threads I looked at I just hear names like Mercury or Chrysler and then when searching in Google I feel I may be getting some knock off name sites that I'm afraid will take my info or money for that matter and disappear.

Is posting of direct links to these warranty providers allowed on this forum? If so can any of you with an 05-06 warranty (aftermarket warranty info only please) no extended from MB warranty info is needed as this car to my knowledge is already beyond Mercedes even blinking an eye at or applying for that.

I would like to have the links to Mercury and Chrysler so I can enter the mileage of the current car I like 52k miles and see a ballpark idea of what coverage would be. Policies that INCLUDE all labor costs and deductible only is what I am interested) ... Thanks!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:51 PM

Currently searching
Additional info

The cars are all for sale at another big name car dealer or private dealer. Only one I have found for sale by private owner. Not buying from a MB dealer if that helps but I would like to either setup the extended warranty info myself rather than say one of these dealers do it and mark up the cost even higher than what it really should be.

One dealer told me he needs more time but can do a 24 month extended warranty for $5,000 i was like no fuc*in way!

So I am trying to take care of the comfort and peace of mind knowing once I find the car I would like to purchase I can be ready and know what it will cost me in addition to regular purchase costs.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:46 PM

2006 E55 AMG
i got a quote for 5yr/75k mile for around $4k i have an 06 E55 with 48.5k miles and a clean car fax, im still trying to get the funds to get this
Old 07-23-2011, 04:58 PM

Currently searching
Joshee55,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds almost exactly the mileage I would be at if I made the purchase. Does the company have a website link?

So if you bought that plan are you covered an additional 5 yr/75k miles from your current odometer or is it basically $4,000 for an additional 27k miles of full coverage ... about 2 years of driving for $4,000 might be pricey for me. Does the policy have to be paid in full or is it spread out for a certain number of months?

I've seen some people on here get extended warranty plans going beyond 100k miles for 3000-$4000 but not sure if that perk is only available to certified owners looking to extend beyond their current warranty about to run out?

Last edited by NYBenzie; 07-23-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: forgot to ask a question
Old 07-23-2011, 05:55 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by NYBenzie
Joshee55,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds almost exactly the mileage I would be at if I made the purchase. Does the company have a website link?

So if you bought that plan are you covered an additional 5 yr/75k miles from your current odometer or is it basically $4,000 for an additional 27k miles of full coverage ... about 2 years of driving for $4,000 might be pricey for me. Does the policy have to be paid in full or is it spread out for a certain number of months?

I've seen some people on here get extended warranty plans going beyond 100k miles for 3000-$4000 but not sure if that perk is only available to certified owners looking to extend beyond their current warranty about to run out?

it covers for an additional 5 yrs or adding another 75k miles to the car so by the time my car hits 125k miles my warranty will be up or i can buy another warranty at a discount, the company is called endurance and that is for their top Diamond coverage, the sales rep i spoke to told me that out of the top 10 warranty companies, they rank at number 1, and i got a quote from another company wanting $7k for 3yrs/40k miles for the same coverage. the diamond package from endurance covers everything except for maintenance like oil changes and brake pads etc... if you pay it in full it they will give you $100 gas card, they wanted me to do $400 down first and then $200 a month for the next 18 months no interest, after you're done paying you will still have coverage till the end of the 5yr/75k miles, there is a $100 deductible when you use it. im just trying to come up the the $400 and make sure that i have enough to cover at least 3 months after that, so that by that time i should be getting my commissions, that i can pay it in full.

call 1-866-912-3334 ext 7384, the guys name is Lawrence Sims he is very helpful and will explain everything tell him Josh from Vegas with the 2006 E55 referred you i spoke to him a few days ago so he should know who i am. i hope this helps and will be worth it for the price
Old 07-23-2011, 05:59 PM

2006 E55 AMG
oh and he wont be back in the office till monday, but he gave me the best coverage for the price, and you can still customize it and go lower if you dont want the Diamond package
Old 07-23-2011, 06:21 PM

Currently searching
Joshee,

Thanks! Exactly the information I was looking for as I would hate to purchase a car and only have extended warranty for 2 years on a 5 to 6 year purchase haha.

I'll give him a call on Monday and go from there. Do they have a website or where do I get everything in writing first so as to know what exactly I am covered for. I dont want to just take some guys word over the phone that everything is covered until ... happens you know.

I also am looking for a payment plan option as well and curious what other plans they have below that if that is full coverage except things like brakes, oil changes, tires. Are all other wear and tear items covered like rotors, tranny, engine, supercharger, electrical etc. Also I hear there is an issue with the E55 regarding the fuel line or something like that and some sort of pump issue? Would that be covered if those issues become a problem even those the fuel issue I believe had a recall already?

Thanks again! Cheers!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:43 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Joshee,

Thanks! Exactly the information I was looking for as I would hate to purchase a car and only have extended warranty for 2 years on a 5 to 6 year purchase haha.

I'll give him a call on Monday and go from there. Do they have a website or where do I get everything in writing first so as to know what exactly I am covered for. I dont want to just take some guys word over the phone that everything is covered until ... happens you know.

I also am looking for a payment plan option as well and curious what other plans they have below that if that is full coverage except things like brakes, oil changes, tires. Are all other wear and tear items covered like rotors, tranny, engine, supercharger, electrical etc. Also I hear there is an issue with the E55 regarding the fuel line or something like that and some sort of pump issue? Would that be covered if those issues become a problem even those the fuel issue I believe had a recall already?

Thanks again! Cheers!
im not sure what exactly the warranty covers but i think it does include all but the pads, and tires and oil changes. from his email it says endurancedirect.com but when you put that in the address bar, it goes to http://www.endurancewarranty.com/ so that should be the site, but call lawrence and he should be able to answer all your questions,
Old 07-23-2011, 06:49 PM

2006 E55 AMG
check this link also, its part of endurance and may show some other items covered under warranty, http://www.enduranceds.com/automotive-pre-owned

EDS offers a collection of trusted and reliable coverage plans for a wide range of pre-owned vehicles. With a variety of warranty options to suit your dealership’s unique needs, you can be confident that each of your used vehicles is assured the highest quality coverage. Designed for both franchise and independent dealerships, some of Endurance’s pre-owned vehicle product highlights include coverage for vehicles 15 models years old and up to 150000 miles on the odometer; an exclusionary level of coverage for vehicles with up to 80000 miles on the odometer; and seals and gaskets available for vehicles up to 100,000 miles.

State of the art easy online rating tool with guaranteed VIN based rates, PDF contract printing and remittances. No errors. Add non-Endurance products for VIN based rating and PDF print for small fee. Full service menu and DMS integration available. Advanced reporting available.
Claims payments made by credit card.
Claims assistance 24/7 - 365 days a year.
Seals and Gaskets available for vehicles up to 100k miles.
First day coverage
Additional benefits include: rental reimbursement, emergency road service, towing service, fluid service, tire service, battery service, locksmith service, mechanical first aid, road hazard coverage and trip interruption reimbursement
Eligible vehicles include current plus 15 model years/150,000 odometer miles
Coverage terms up to 5 years/60,000 additional odometer miles
Limited warranty available 3-3 /6-6 /12-12
Dealer profit participation reinsurance and retro programs available
Download PDF

Complete coverage is Endurance’s most comprehensive pre-owned protection program, offering the highest possible protection to your dealership’s customers. Anything that is not listed in the exclusion section of the contract is covered under this exclusionary plan. Complete protection is available for vehicles 10 years old or newer with 80,000 miles or less on the odometer at the time of purchase. See service agreement for exclusion details.

Download PDF

Deluxe Coverage for pre-owned vehicles includes everything offered in the Select Coverage, plus benefits and:

Front and Rear Suspension
Brakes
Cooling
Download PDF

Select Plus Coverage includes everything offered in the Select coverage, plus benefits and:

Enhanced Electrical
Air Conditioner
Fuel
Variable Dampening Suspension
Download PDF

Select Coverage includes everything offered in the Powertrain Protector Coverage, plus benefits and:

Steering
Electrical
Download PDF

Powertrain Protector Coverage includes the following features, plus benefits:

Engine
Factory Installed Turbocharger/Supercharger
Transmission
Transfer Case
Drive Axle
Download PDF
Old 07-27-2011, 06:10 PM

Currently searching
Joshe55,

That place seems pretty good. I got a random quote using a vin on an 04 E55 with 83k miles and was quoted $3500 for 5 years/100k additional miles! Not bad. They need the vin of the car and since I am shopping still I can't get an exact quote at the moment but seems pretty reasonable to me. Basically an extra $700 a year for almost complete coverage using the package below comprehensive because that was near $5k but it covers the engine, supercharger, cooling system, everything except braking system and sunroof? I would have to get a print out of what exactly is included but so far seems like a good company for the E55
Old 07-27-2011, 06:23 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Joshe55,

That place seems pretty good. I got a random quote using a vin on an 04 E55 with 83k miles and was quoted $3500 for 5 years/100k additional miles! Not bad. They need the vin of the car and since I am shopping still I can't get an exact quote at the moment but seems pretty reasonable to me. Basically an extra $700 a year for almost complete coverage using the package below comprehensive because that was near $5k but it covers the engine, supercharger, cooling system, everything except braking system and sunroof? I would have to get a print out of what exactly is included but so far seems like a good company for the E55
yea i think they need the VIN to check a carfax on it to make sure it wont cost them a lot of money, i should hopefully be getting it soon, then i will be able to enjoy the beast more.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:07 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
2 words for extended warranty.
Bruce Mendel. It's where I got mine and he's seriously one of the best.
I had a great experience with Bruce.
He knows a ton about our cars and matches the warranty to you. He doesn't try to sell you the highest price possible.
I have found he's honest, trustworthy, a true car guy and just down to earth...
PM me for any more info, if you'd like....

He got memy S600 too.

brucem105@comcast.net is the way to reach him.

Last edited by Vabene7; 07-28-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:59 PM

Currently searching
Joshe55,

Double check the fine print with that warranty. I had a buddy of mine look into it and he thinks its a scam. Not trying to talk you or anyone out of it as Im looking myself and all seemed good but this is how my friend explained it to me.

He said they wont cover oem parts only aftermarket and second they wont repair your car if the total amount of damages is over the term of the warranty or more than the trade in value. For example looking at say a 20,000 E55 might have a trade in much lower around $15k. So now over the years its going to keep dropping as your payout gets higher and higher until a certain point they will mark it as a total out even though its not totaled but in their contract it is. Then they will buy the car from you for the difference? Does that make sense to anyone or is my friend on something haha. Hes a financial advisor so he knows and checked it out but thats what he believes this particular company works.

I want to have them send me paperwork of everything first and then ill post back but its possible your policy was different than what he was told. I'll get back. I hate these damn warranty's because I'm ready to buy a used E55 but this is the only thing stopping me at the moment. Anyone else have any companies that dont have a claim cap or something along the lines of what I just wrote? Thanks!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vabene7
2 words for extended warranty.
Bruce Mendel. It's where I got mine and he's seriously one of the best.
I had a great experience with Bruce.
He knows a ton about our cars and matches the warranty to you. He doesn't try to sell you the highest price possible.
I have found he's honest, trustworthy, a true car guy and just down to earth...
PM me for any more info, if you'd like....

He got memy S600 too.

brucem105@comcast.net is the way to reach him.

Tell him Chris from NJ referred you.
+1 for bruce. he is hooking me up with a 36month/36k warranty for my CLS55 for $4k. or 4 yrs/48k for $4500...I know it seems a bit expensive for the coverage that you get, but this warranty is truly one of the best, it covers OEM parts and full labour costs.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:38 PM

E55, Evo 8
Bruce is the best.
Originally Posted by xpl0sive
+1 for bruce. he is hooking me up with a 36month/36k warranty for my CLS55 for $4k. or 4 yrs/48k for $4500...I know it seems a bit expensive for the coverage that you get, but this warranty is truly one of the best, it covers OEM parts and full labour costs.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:37 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Joshe55,

Double check the fine print with that warranty. I had a buddy of mine look into it and he thinks its a scam. Not trying to talk you or anyone out of it as Im looking myself and all seemed good but this is how my friend explained it to me.

He said they wont cover oem parts only aftermarket and second they wont repair your car if the total amount of damages is over the term of the warranty or more than the trade in value. For example looking at say a 20,000 E55 might have a trade in much lower around $15k. So now over the years its going to keep dropping as your payout gets higher and higher until a certain point they will mark it as a total out even though its not totaled but in their contract it is. Then they will buy the car from you for the difference? Does that make sense to anyone or is my friend on something haha. Hes a financial advisor so he knows and checked it out but thats what he believes this particular company works.

I want to have them send me paperwork of everything first and then ill post back but its possible your policy was different than what he was told. I'll get back. I hate these damn warranty's because I'm ready to buy a used E55 but this is the only thing stopping me at the moment. Anyone else have any companies that dont have a claim cap or something along the lines of what I just wrote? Thanks!
yea i will, it seems like other companies might do this like the one who wanted 7k for 3yr/36k miles and was wanting me to pay the down right away. i actually hung up on that guy. ill try to get a print out of what the $4k 5yr/75k mile warranty really covers. i hope what you say is not the case with this company but you never know.

i will also try to get a quote from bruce to see how much it will cost.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Or take the $4,000 and invest it with a reputable options/currency trader, make 25% per year and at end of YR4 you have $8,640

As long as you dont buy a lemon you shouldnt have an offseting repair bill
Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by gaspam
Or take the $4,000 and invest it with a reputable options/currency trader, make 25% per year and at end of YR4 you have $8,640

You got a name you can PM me?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
You got a name you can PM me?

Yeah, PM me the name, too.

I'll give you $250k cash right now if you can get me a 25% annual return guaranteed.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:06 PM

Two 957 Cayenne GTS's (black and silver), Duc749 (dark), departed '03 E55
Originally Posted by 220S
Yeah, PM me the name, too.

I'll give you $250k cash right now if you can get me a 25% annual return guaranteed.
I'm in too.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 E63 Wagon
Time to start a Ponzi scheme !
Old 07-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First off, thanks for all the kind words guys, and the references. I really appreciate it.

Second, I too would like to get in on the 25% return rate Ponzi scheme. I am ready to send a Western Union Bank draft to Nigeria as soon as someone gives me the info. Please email the instructions to me at ohmygodijustlostmylifesavings@gmail.com.

Finally, to NYBenzie and JoshE55, you have to be REALLY careful in this business. I can point you to dozens of web sites that promise terrific coverage and have ridiculously long terms and super low prices. You'll pay your money and be super happy. And then the day will come that you have to file a claim. And you will then become super UNhappy forever more.

It's hard to know who are the good guys in this business, both from brokers (like me), and the warranty companies/administrators themselves. I pride myself not only on being a car enthusiast, never coming off like a shoe salesman, and knowing what I am talking about, but mostly in the amount of time, research, and energy I put into selecting the warranty companies I represent.

THAT'S where all the work is. I sleep well at night because I know that the products I sell to people are going to actually help them at claim time. They are not going to get hassles, unfair denials, sent to Fred's garage for repairs, etc. I only rep Tier-I companies that are appropriate for MB, Audi, Porsche, BMW, etc.

So feel free to email me for a quote. What I offer may not be as cheap as what you can find on the web, but two years from now, when you have a $5000 engine claim, my companeis will still be in business and they will pay your claim.

The company you found that was $500 cheaper than mine? Who knows......without putting in all the research, you're kind of rolling the dice. These are not life insurance companies, they are not state regulated and controlled. They can self-insure (nightmare), RRG (double-nightmare), or US insured with A+ companies (correct method). And it's up to you to find out which method they use, along with 100 other things you need to know before giving anyone your money.

Thanks!

Bruce
Old 07-31-2011, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

haha i pm'd a few of you that requested it... i just use a automated index trading engine that is a basic black-scholes OAS model that works of timing triggers and rich/cheap triggers... i work as a trader for a large bank hedging their interest rate risk and 25% annually is not a rockstar trading return...rockstar returns are more in the 120% + annually realm, so 25% is very doable with a hedged (lower risk) portfolio... if you just research a few managed currency or options trading services...

but if your in mutual funds set up by your 401K then yeah, your never gonna make 25% ... in fact most mutual funds lose out to the historical market average so i dont know why anyone would go that route

caveat for managed trading account is though, that you need AT LEAST 10k in the game or else transaction cost are gonna eat up your returns.... most services really require 25K initial account size.. and a good service will only charge you a subscription fee, no fees per trade. with a good service they are only going to give you trade recommendations (in and out points) and you then put in the order with whoever your online broker is.. those type of services prevent the incentive for churning.

any ways my point is its likely that more people would be ahead if they take their $4000 today and invest it for 4 years then if they buy a warranty... but its all up to owner of each car and their apptitude for risk

Last edited by gaspam; 07-31-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
haha i pm'd a few of you that requested it... i just use a automated index trading engine that is a basic black-scholes OAS model that works of timing triggers and rich/cheap triggers... i work as a trader for a large bank hedging their interest rate risk and 25% annually is not a rockstar trading return...rockstar returns are more in the 120% + annually realm, so 25% is very doable with a hedged (lower risk) portfolio... if you just research a few managed currency or options trading services...

but if your in mutual funds set up by your 401K then yeah, your never gonna make 25% ... in fact most mutual funds lose out to the historical market average so i dont know why anyone would go that route

caveat for managed trading account is though, that you need AT LEAST 10k in the game or else transaction cost are gonna eat up your returns.... most services really require 25K initial account size.. and a good service will only charge you a subscription fee, no fees per trade. with a good service they are only going to give you trade recommendations (in and out points) and you then put in the order with whoever your online broker is.. those type of services prevent the incentive for churning.

any ways my point is its likely that more people would be ahead if they take their $4000 today and invest it for 4 years then if they buy a warranty... but its all up to owner of each car and their apptitude for risk
Like I said, I'll give you $250k (or more if you want) if you can guarantee a 25% annual return for me in one year.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 220S
Like I said, I'll give you $250k (or more if you want) if you can guarantee a 25% annual return for me in one year.
i can help you with any questions on trading and such, but i am not a private client advisor, i am a institutional trader like you would see on the bank of america or chase trade floor, trading the bank's position to hedge their interest rate risk...

it would be illegal for me to trade an individuals assets as there would be conflict of interest with bank

just do a little googling and research, there are quite a few managed forex services and options on equity index services (which i use myself for my personal account as i am in the bond market and cant sit and trade the options market for myself at the same time and not eventually screw up massively)

anyways, the historical market average is anywhere from 11% to 20% depending on how you look at it so to make 25% per year with a little expert help should be expected... if you are with a advisor that is making you less than 11% on average annually, fire him buy a 5% bond for no risk, or invest in a index tracking stock and call it a day if you want long term regression to the mean or, if you want more start off a small amount (10-20K) in a managed options account, let it ride a few QTRs to verify the results they advertised are lived up to and if so, load up your account with more funds and then roll big league like warren buffet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase a used 2005-06 AMG. Extended warranty info help?