Sponsored by:

Fighting with the warranty company

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 02:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Formerly: 2007 e63; 2012 GL450
Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Hey we have the same model year, it sounds like the warranty was well worth it? Any issues you can tell me about?
Its been fairly decent, I suppose. The little items over 10 months have been:

1. Repair to exterior keyless entry button on driver door (replaced under warranty);

2. Repair to button on interior passenger door which moves seat forward (replaced under warranty); and

3. Repair to orange front turn light assembly (cracked and leaking water, thereby shorting it out - replaced under warranty).

The big item:

1. Repair and replacement of both front airmatic struts. That paid for the warranty in and of itself, and is what I would worry about if I didnt have warranty (or whether 3rd party warranty would cover it).

I would be leery of owning this car without it, just for the sheer price of a potential repair issue of somethign BIG occured.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
well i called the dealership where i bought my warranty to cancel it. It will take 30-45days and will be prorated with time and miles on the car. Since the warranty i had didnt cover the fuel sending unit leak that cost me $1000 and to find out doesnt cover airmatic, why keep the warranty?? If i get $4k back, i'll just put it into my savings acct for the meantime until things start to break down.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63
Originally Posted by lawguy
Its been fairly decent, I suppose. The little items over 10 months have been:

1. Repair to exterior keyless entry button on driver door (replaced under warranty);

2. Repair to button on interior passenger door which moves seat forward (replaced under warranty); and

3. Repair to orange front turn light assembly (cracked and leaking water, thereby shorting it out - replaced under warranty).

The big item:

1. Repair and replacement of both front airmatic struts. That paid for the warranty in and of itself, and is what I would worry about if I didnt have warranty (or whether 3rd party warranty would cover it).

I would be leery of owning this car without it, just for the sheer price of a potential repair issue of somethign BIG occured.
Thanks for the info, how many miles do you have on it?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Serious stuff...I got the MB Extended warranty 7yr/100K, $0 ded. Sure it cost more than Easy Care (other option offered by dealer) but I would rather have an MB backed warranty, no argument on coverage.