Cancel Aftermarket warranty??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Cancel Aftermarket warranty??

Paid $5k for 4yr/48k miles on my car Dec 2011 when i purchased it. Had the leaky fuel sending unit replaced and not covered under warranty. Just called them and said airmatic is not covered as well. So i guess when i do get the airmatic failure Arnott struts are the way to go.

At this point (7months), is it better for me to get my $5k prorated refunded to me and have a nestegg for future repairs??

Below is what is covered and if not listed, not covered.
Engine

All internal, lubricated parts. Cylinder Block; Cylinder Head(s); Harmonic Balancer; Timing Chain, Timing Belt, Balance Shaft Belt, Gears, Pulleys, Guides and Tensioners; Oil Pump; Intake and Exhaust Manifold; Diesel Engine Vacuum Pump; Engine Mounts. The following parts are covered only if damaged by the FAILURE of an internal, lubricated part: Cylinder Barrels, Timing Chain Cover, Valve Covers, Oil Pan and Rotor Housing.
Transmission / Transfer Case

Manual Transmission / Transfer Case: All internal, lubricated parts. Flywheel; Transmission Mounts; Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder. The following parts are covered only if damaged by the FAILURE of an internal, lubricated part: Transmission Case, Oil Pan and Transfer Case.
Automatic Transmission / Transfer Case: All internal, lubricated parts. Flex Plate; Vacuum Modulator; Transmission Mounts. Torque Converter if internally damaged. The following parts are covered only if damaged by the FAILURE of an internal, lubricated part: Transmission Case, Oil Pan and Transfer Case.
Drive Axle (Front/Rear)

All internal, lubricated parts. Drive Shafts; Axle Bearings; Drive Axles, Stub Axles, Tripod Joints; Universal Joints; Constant Velocity Joints and Boots; Locking Hub Assembly. Drive Axle Housing if damaged due to the FAILURE of an internal, lubricated part.
Seals and Gaskets

Seals and Gaskets on all covered parts.
Taxes and Fluids

State and local taxes, where applicable, and fluids as required as part of a covered repair.
Air Conditioning

Condenser; Evaporator; Compressor; Accumulator; Receiver Dehydrator; Clutch, Pulley and Field Coil; Idler Pulley and Bearing; Expansion Valve; P.O.A. Valve; Orifice Tube.
Heating

HVAC Blower Motor; Heater Control Switch; Heating Cables; Heater Core. Fluids required as part of a covered repair.
Fuel System

Fuel Pump(s); Fuel Injectors; Fuel Injection Pump; Fuel Distributor; Fuel Tank; Metal Fuel Lines.
Cooling System

Water Pump; Radiator; Fan, Viscous Drive, Clutch and Motor; Condenser Fan; Cooling Fan Thermal Switch; Thermostat.
Braking System

ABS Control Unit, Wheel Sensors, Pump and Motor, Accumulator, Actuator Assembly; Master Cylinder; Vacuum/Hydraulic Assist Booster; Wheel Cylinders; Disc Brake Caliper, Pistons and Seals; Proportioning Valve; Metal Hydraulic Lines and Fittings.
Suspension (Front/Rear)

Upper and Lower Control Arms, Control Arm Shaft and Bushings; Upper and Lower Ball Joints; King Pins and Bushings; Torsion Bars; Strut Bar and Bushings; Stabilizer Bar; Links and Bushings; Wheel Bearings; Hub Bearings; Knuckle; Spindle and Support. MacPherson Strut Housing not including Shock Absorber or Insert.
Steering

All lubricated parts contained within the Steering Gear Box. Rack Assembly, Control Valve; Power Steering Pump; Power Cylinder Assembly; Pitman Arm; Idler Arm; Tie Rod Ends; Drag Link; Steering Column Shaft and Coupling.
Electrical System

Alternator; Voltage Regulator; Distributor; Ignition Module; Coil; Engine Wiring Harness; Manually-Operated Switches; Wiper Motor(s); Starter Drive and Solenoid; Starter Motor; Ring Gear; Anti-Detonation Sensors; Factory Installed AM/FM Radio, Cassette Player, C.D. Player and Speakers.
High-Tech / Convenience Group

Four-Wheel Steering Center Shaft and Couplings, Power Steering Unit, Control Unit, Control Valve, Speed Sensors and Oil Pump; Turbocharger, Intercooler, Wastegate, Wastegate Actuator/Controller; Supercharger, Pulley and Clutch; Computerized Timing and Mixture Control Unit and Sensors; Power Door Lock Switches and Actuators; Cruise Control Module, Servo, Engagement Switch; Power Window Motor and Regulators; Power Seat Motor; Power Antenna; Power Sun/Moon Roof Motor; Ignition Switches.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
what company did you get it from?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I'd cancel it...but then again, I don't beleive in aftermarket warranties anyways.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GT-ER
I'd cancel it...but then again, I don't beleive in aftermarket warranties anyways.
may I ask why..? I got one based on a lot of forum members recommendation that I do get one, and I'm pretty happy that I did.

I brought my car in for service once and it basically paid for itself on the first trip...
Old 07-28-2011, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I cancelled mine and got $2650 back from $3250. Just applied it to the loan and on my way. Do you have a good indi shop you use?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by danlnyc
may I ask why..? I got one based on a lot of forum members recommendation that I do get one, and I'm pretty happy that I did.

I brought my car in for service once and it basically paid for itself on the first trip...
That's because you probably took it to a dealer and they raped you on the service. I'm sure whatever your car had done could have been done for 1/5th the price or cheaper if you would have done it yourself. If you are not mechanically inclined then even an indy shop would have done it for maybe 1/3 the price. The dearship is insane. They wanted $900 to change out my idler pulley ( which I got for $130 or so from ASP and changed it out myself in a few minutes ) and they wanted $1,800 to change out my SBC pressure reservoir which I did myself for $300. They also wanted to charge $2000 for a tune up on my mothers C240 ( changing out some suspensions parts as well ) and I did it all for $400.

I don't know what you did to your car so maybe for YOU it was worth it...but for me it's not.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
For $5K you should get fully cover. Seriously I would cancel it... I paid the Chrysler ext. warranty for $3K and few weeks later went to dealer and claim for the valve gasket and they didn't want to pay it. Sometime, you need luck ! $5K is a lot of money to spend to fix your car !
Old 07-28-2011, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
I'm going to contact the finance dept at the dealer and cancel the warranty. Since its only 7months, i should get close to $4k back and put that away for future repairs. What repairs i cant DIY, i will take to the indy near me for it.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
IF you can get 4k back then cancel.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 Maxima
What company did you warranty through?
Old 07-29-2011, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
easycare, supposedly the best rated per Motor Trend
Old 07-29-2011, 09:23 AM

2007 e350
After owning a transmission shop in seattle for 25 years i have heard it all when it comes to after market warranty's. When the transmission goes out in your benz or any other car with these warranty's, if they feel the part's bill is to much they will ship us a used trans because your paper work says (of like kind) which allows them to replace yours with a used trans.......be careful.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:18 AM

05 E55, 04 Dodge Ram
which version of the Easy Care warranty did you get? Silver, Gold,etc?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 06MKV
which version of the Easy Care warranty did you get? Silver, Gold,etc?
I'm pretty sure he got the Total Care...same thing I got right now...
Old 07-29-2011, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
Originally Posted by danlnyc
I'm pretty sure he got the Total Care...same thing I got right now...

What work did you get done and they covered? I took it in for leaky valve cover gaskets, leaking windshield tank reservoir, fuel sending unit. They only covered the valve cover. The fuel sending unit they considered a fuel filter and not covered. Neither were the gaskets for the windshield reservoir.

But they do cover road hazard for tires w/ no deductible.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Not sure if this helps but been without warranty for years and years and no problems.

Always a crap shoot on that engine and tranny.

One piston and it pays for itself. One tranny pop and it pays for itself