W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered on Links Now Car is Slammed?!?!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two 957 Cayenne GTS's (black and silver), Duc749 (dark), departed '03 E55
Originally Posted by AWOL
Cost me $3.05 (including the nickel) to do. Its been like this for over a year and a half and no issues.
I enjoyed the $.05 you through in there. Nice touch.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Originally Posted by daniel3ooo
The thing doesn't budge guys ..I'm not an idiot ...if you guys want ill send it to you and you can try LOL
Hmmm I don't know if you get it still or not but you can't make the link as short as possible to lower the car. You have to make the link long as possible to lower car. Yeah you state they are not budging anymore probably cause it ran out off the treads on the link. If I were you, lower it through star first than put links if you want to go lower. I have links on the front and it is mean as FAWK. I need to lower my rear a bit but going to do that with STAR this weekend.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Talking

Originally Posted by djrabbi
Hmmm I don't know if you get it still or not but you can't make the link as short as possible to lower the car. You have to make the link long as possible to lower car. Yeah you state they are not budging anymore probably cause it ran out off the treads on the link. If I were you, lower it through star first than put links if you want to go lower. I have links on the front and it is mean as FAWK. I need to lower my rear a bit but going to do that with STAR this weekend.
The links that he has are too long because one end is jammed and he made it as short as he can but its still to long.

Either get that other bolt free or cut off 2-3 mm from one end.