Getting ready for the Texas mile!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:55 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Getting ready for the Texas mile!

Running out of time and I have not done anything to the car yet. 100 plus deg. here everyday and no AC in the garage yet. lol Trying to get inspected this month but still have the lean cat codes!! Sux too!

Well, Going to really put ported stage 3 heads on in the next few weeks. Really would like to see a tad cooler weather first though. Also calculating the pulley that we want to run. Probally a 205mm. Not as big as it sounds either. hehe

After all the engine work, going to work on lightweight rotors, rims and better tires for the launch pad.

Maybe a few other things, if time permits.

Anyone else coming out to play?

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 08-03-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Cant wait to see what the beast does!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:21 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Running out of time and I have not done anything to the car yet. 100 plus deg. here everyday and no AC in the garage yet. lol Trying to get inspected this month but still have the lean cat codes!! Sux too!

Well, Going to really put ported stage 3 heads on in the next few weeks. Really would like to see a tad cooler weather first though. Also calculating the pulley that we want to run. Probally a 205mm. Not as big as it sounds either. hehe

After all the engine work, going to work on lightweight rotors, rims and better tires for the launch pad.

coolio! You know im coming down to play, and hopefully shipping the car down as well!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Sounds good Brooke, I may come down, If I dont run then I will be a spectator. I am doing a few shake down passes to make sure she holds, I will know 100% at the end of this month.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Brooke, one of these days I'll personally come down just to bow down to your awesomeness!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
205mm pulley? you are out of the sc efficiency bro,you are just blowing hot air,like when people with k03 s4s run 25psi they make less power than 18psi.

I would try a 168 pulley with the temps you are getting down there before running a 205mm

If you can keep intake air temps under 140 you will break 200mph tho and Id love to see that beast do it.I just dont think you will pick up any more top end with a pulley that big
Old 08-03-2011, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
You lose about 3 psi with the EC heads, so you need to run a bigger pulley just to get it back. He has a huge trunk tank and IAT's are not a problem with his setup
Old 08-03-2011, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
I'll be going!

Been away from 'cars' for a little while, I intend to rectify this...
Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63AMGP30
Good luck !!!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brooke
Good luck with the mile. Love to see what it does.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
Brooke you know I'll be there I can try to find you a nice set of light weight wheels let me know brothaaa!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:31 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by KLR CLS
You lose about 3 psi with the EC heads, so you need to run a bigger pulley just to get it back. He has a huge trunk tank and IAT's are not a problem with his setup
exactly....I typically only see 10 degrees over ambiant...

For those interested, last time he made a pass with ice in the trunk, the water was still cold when he returned. (ice melted)
Old 08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Good luck bro. What are you expecting out of a stage 3 head port in terms of flow over stock?

Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Your spinning the blower almost 4000 rpms past its max rated rpm tho.

I cant wait to see how much torque this car put down on the dyno,It will probably break 650rwt down low with this pulley!!!

Last edited by skratch77; 08-04-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
E55 AMG
Awesome!! Can't wait to see the results EM! I hope to be down in March or the following October.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by loungn14
coolio! You know im coming down to play, and hopefully shipping the car down as well!
Yes Jake, will have the Bull and Grey Goose waiting on you.

Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
Brooke, one of these days I'll personally come down just to bow down to your awesomeness!
Quinton, You blow awesomeness away with all your custom bad A$$ fabrication.! Come on down and let`s tear up the town!

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Sounds good Brooke, I may come down, If I dont run then I will be a spectator. I am doing a few shake down passes to make sure she holds, I will know 100% at the end of this month.
Really??? Love to see your V12 in person! The E55 has a better Drag C than the SL, S or CL class.

Originally Posted by skratch77
205mm pulley? you are out of the sc efficiency bro,you are just blowing hot air,like when people with k03 s4s run 25psi they make less power than 18psi.

No Sweat man, I hear what you are saying and Mustangs guys did run them to high. Many bent rotors and blew bearings. I do my research and make a lot of calculations before putting new mods on. Many peps said I was crazy when I put a 185mm on.. lol Now that is the standard pulley. Not going to be at 18PSI either.

I would try a 168 pulley with the temps you are getting down there before running a 205mm

If you can keep intake air temps under 140 you will break 200mph tho and Id love to see that beast do it.I just dont think you will pick up any more top end with a pulley that big
No Sweat man, I hear what you are saying and Mustangs guys did run them to high. Many bent rotors and blew bearings. I do my research and make a lot of calculations before putting new mods on. Many peps said I was crazy when I put a 185mm on.. lol Now that is the standard pulley. Not going to be at 18PSI either. My IATs will stay below 140 deg. It will be close but they will be there.

BTW, bring your car down and race, then you can put your mod ideas to the road! Thats what makes racing fun, we all have our ways of going faster than ther next guy..

Originally Posted by aghakauve
Brooke you know I'll be there I can try to find you a nice set of light weight wheels let me know brothaaa!
Just waiting on (Scott), that crazy Aussie dude to give me the weights this week. Then going to pop a cap on a set.

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Good luck bro. What are you expecting out of a stage 3 head port in terms of flow over stock?
20% flow on stock cam but I may change cams, if I can get a deal on a set. Then the flow goes way up over .430 lift.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
Nice I cant wait! I told Hadi that he should run too
Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
When deciding on a crank pulley size to race with X combo, below are some of the parts I look at (inside of our blower). While some guess, assume or go by posted or written specs, I use micrometers, calculator and count gear teeth. Also pull bearings and get RPM specs from MFG, if available. No doubt, above 185mm, the risk get higher, more stress and chances of failure increase.

200mph would take near 900 plus hp to attain in a CL55. Unless we get a huge tail wind, like some had two years ago March. I need a solid 150 hp more to just hit 190 mph. That is not easy to find on these small blowers either. We are talking north of 700 RWHP to hit 190 mph in the standing mile.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Use lots of nitrous to get inertia out of the way...

Or go turbo.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
good luck and maybe i will see you down in goliad tx.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:20 PM
SPONSOR

When deciding on a crank pulley size to race with X combo, below are some of the parts I look at (inside of our blower). While some guess, assume or go by posted or written specs, I use micrometers, calculator and count gear teeth. Also pull bearings and get RPM specs from MFG, if available. No doubt, above 185mm, the risk get higher, more stress and chances of failure increase.

200mph would take near 900 plus hp to attain in a CL55. Unless we get a huge tail wind, like some had two years ago March. I need a solid 150 hp more to just hit 190 mph. That is not easy to find on these small blowers either. We are talking north of 700 RWHP to hit 190 mph in the standing mile.
ah nice, my math had it at 680, but I imagine yours is probably closer. Need a better drag c! lol

oh and Then the flow goes way up over .430 lift. FTW thats huge..

Originally Posted by GT-ER
Use lots of nitrous to get inertia out of the way...

Or go turbo.
Im surprised he hasn't sprayed yet....with their racing bloodline and all

Originally Posted by Hellzno
good luck and maybe i will see you down in goliad tx.
cool, but we will all be in Beeville! lol j/k They moved the event from now on a little closer to civilization!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Good luck mang!! You better get that 190+mph.

Also, are you spraying meth?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
exactly....I typically only see 10 degrees over ambiant...

For those interested, last time he made a pass with ice in the trunk, the water was still cold when he returned. (ice melted)
Just curious why nobody uses dry ice. I'm guessing waters superior heat absorption abilities? Has anyone tried a super cold liquid, maybe glycol or even salt water (damn corrosive though)? It seems like liquid is going to have better surface area contact and thus more heat exchange.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:25 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
ah nice, my math had it at 680, but I imagine yours is probably closer. Need a better drag c! lol

oh and Then the flow goes way up over .430 lift. FTW thats huge..

Im surprised he hasn't sprayed yet....with their racing bloodline and all

cool, but we will all be in Beeville! lol j/k They moved the event from now on a little closer to civilization!
680 may do it but you have to have extra room for un-expected stuff. Heat wave or 30 mph south texas winds.

BTW, there is one of the largest oil booms in Texas history going in South Texas. It may be real hard to find rooms for people that may need them.. Oil companies leasing up hotels for up to 5 years..lol

No Nitrous yet, no matter what my Wifes bloodline is (or mine either). lol Have to run 1/4 mile times on motor first and once you put spray on, it gets real hard to tell people that you ran X time but did not use spray..lol

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Good luck mang!! You better get that 190+mph.

Also, are you spraying meth?
No meth on the car and I am very comfortable with my plain ICE results. You can actually get the IAT`s to cold, you know. I have had to back off on the ice some already.

Originally Posted by cal1
Just curious why nobody uses dry ice. I'm guessing waters superior heat absorption abilities? Has anyone tried a super cold liquid, maybe glycol or even salt water (damn corrosive though)? It seems like liquid is going to have better surface area contact and thus more heat exchange.
Dry ice is hard to vent , as it melts it turns to gas. No info on Glycol. You could freeze high concentration of salt water to below zero degrees but all this is hard to manage at a track. Not sure if it would help much either, as to cold is also not great.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-04-2011, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Send me a couple of photos of the cooling reservoir set up and I will have one of my engineers give you some ideas if you are interested. I run a large architectural anodizing plant. We have to keep multiple 8,000 gallons tanks cool after throwing 12,000 amps of current in them. We use enormous mechanical chillers, glycol loops and glycolic acid to accomplish it. Maybe one of my guys can make a good suggestion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getting ready for the Texas mile!