Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro
Welcome back dude, great to see you post again

Hope you get back out there soon, lets work on those PBs
Old 08-06-2011, 11:14 AM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by 930chas
Wasssup Alan. Been meaning to give you a call and shoot the ****. Glad to see you back in the fold.
Damn Charlie You too man..WTF you've been???
Old 08-07-2011, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by beauphus
glad to see your still around alan. i was wondering whats new here today too and low and behold u posted. hope the car is well. ill be in sacramento next week for a few days. hit me up. i took out my cams and am patiently awaiting my fuel rail from TTM and getting jeremy back over here. got a couple little goodies getting done over the next couple months - trying to keep up with your records. been driving the crap out of the CL. i'd be shocked if i have driven the CLS 2k miles in the last year. take care!
What up Aaron! Give me a ring when you're up in Sac, it's about a 2 hour drive from where I live but if our schedule allows let's meet up.

Glad to see you're moving forward with your car and still trying different things. I personally need to get back to the track and see how the beast is performing. She has had a simple life this summer and it's screaming to get beat up again...lol. I'm just going to have to find a way to keep my DR's from spinning on the rims, it sucks.

Keep in touch brotha and lets try to hook up while you're visiting Norcal.

Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Use the search function you douche.

Just kidding, good to see you back. Figured I'd give you the standard answer to people's questions around here nowadays!
LOL...no doubt Karl, this seems like the standard. Just imagine what a boring forum this would be if everyone only posted what has never been posted before.

It's about time you started taking that beast to the next level. What's next?

Originally Posted by 930chas
Wasssup Alan. Been meaning to give you a call and shoot the ****. Glad to see you back in the fold.
Charrrrlieee, what up buddy! Pick that phone up and give me a ring next week and let's catch up. My itch is coming back in a strong way and Scott and myself plan on doing some damage this year....

Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
Welcome back dude, great to see you post again

Hope you get back out there soon, lets work on those PBs
After our conversation I felt the need to get back on the boards and start representing our boy again. It just amazed me that douche bags are still starting rumors about my car, I guess when you're slow all you could do is talk *****.

I'll be hitting you up on your offer once I get my car out to the track and see what direction I need to go. I need make sure this beast will perform just as well on the track as my 60-130 runs. The last time I was out my 60' times were not very impressive but there were other issues that may have contributed to that, we'll see.

Keep in touch Luis and make sure you get back to me on your upcoming project. Once you get your thing done let me know and I'll send you mine. Thanks again bro and talk to you later.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:14 PM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by bassn_07
What up Aaron! Give me a ring when you're up in Sac, it's about a 2 hour drive from where I live but if our schedule allows let's meet up.

Glad to see you're moving forward with your car and still trying different things. I personally need to get back to the track and see how the beast is performing. She has had a simple life this summer and it's screaming to get beat up again...lol. I'm just going to have to find a way to keep my DR's from spinning on the rims, it sucks.

Keep in touch brotha and lets try to hook up while you're visiting Norcal.

LOL...no doubt Karl, this seems like the standard. Just imagine what a boring forum this would be if everyone only posted what has never been posted before.

Charrrrlieee, what up buddy! Pick that phone up and give me a ring next week and let's catch up. My itch is coming back in a strong way and Scott and myself plan on doing some damage this year....

After our conversation I felt the need to get back on the boards and start representing our boy again. It just amazed me that douche bags are still starting rumors about my car, I guess when you're slow all you could do is talk *****.

I'll be hitting you up on your offer once I get my car out to the track and see what direction I need to go. I need make sure this beast will perform just as well on the track as my 60-130 runs. The last time I was out my 60' times were not very impressive but there were other issues that may have contributed to that, we'll see.

Keep in touch Luis and make sure you get back to me on your upcoming project. Once you get your thing done let me know and I'll send you mine. Thanks again bro and talk to you later.
You got it bro
Old 08-07-2011, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bassn_07

Well, I've hit a little bit of a snag in the mod department in the funding area...a brand spankin' new baby and the better half and I are getting married in October! Sooo...I'm gonna have to wait a little bit. I'm really chompin' at the bit to get an 82mm throttle body and an airbox. Mike and Chris are working on some other goodies that I'd like to try out, but realistically, that would be a little further out for me!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
It's good to see you writing on here again Alan. I miss the cooler and crisper air of the Bay Area. The heat totally sucks in SoCal, but of course it won't bother you with that Killer Chiller setup you have.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
It's good to see you writing on here again Alan. I miss the cooler and crisper air of the Bay Area. The heat totally sucks in SoCal, but of course it won't bother you with that Killer Chiller setup you have.
Head to the beach it's not as hot
Old 08-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brabus K8 E55 05
Ok guys, here is the annoying thing. Whenever I trun the water/methanol on and do 2 - 3 WOT, the car would then fire some smoke later when I adrive normal at 20% throttle open and that would be only around 1800 - 2200 rpm. I have turned off the water/methan using switch and I noticed that no more that above mentioned symptoms when I do 3 - 5 WOT.

Could someone explain to me why is that happening? What should I do to use the water/methanol correctly? Until now, I have not used any of the power that is should give.

My system is:
- AEM kit
- Start boost 10 psi
- I set full boost at 16 psi
- I have already check valve integrated at the nozzle.
- Nozzle size 550 cc/min
- Nozzle location is directly after SC and before IC exact location is where you see the word AMG written on the intercooler from outside, it is directly above the letter M that would make it pointing toward the IC.

- I have bank 1 ST (0 - 7) and LT (4 - 8)
- I have bank 2 ST (0 most of the time) and LT (0 - 4)
- I have fuel trim while cruising of bank 3 readings as ST: 45.00 (approximately) and LT: 46 - 49 (approximately)
- I have bank 4 is 0 for both ST and LT.
- Timing on idle is (-14) to (-10)
- Timing on normal cruising is (-30) to (-27)
Please guys help me to sort out this issue !!!

I got another tune already via the net and tomorrow heading the dyno to see my AFR.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
Off the top of my head:

You are shooting your mix through the Intercooler. I suspect that this causes an airflow issue when you let off.

Under WOT the pressure from the Supercharger is forcing the water through, but as you let off, or drive under normal to low boost, the air is having a hard time getting through until it all evaporates, or is consumed by the engine. You are pumping a lot of water in front of the intercooler. Most setups I have seen where they pump at that location in a small nozzle, followed by a larger nozzle after the IC. Mine is plumbed just after the intercooler.

I would suggest a smaller nozzle before, and run a second after. That is more of an educated guess than a fact, but I do know airflow through the intercooler is limited, and by adding additional flow limitations, you will go rich, and the smoke would be fuel. Can you see your AFR's when at the point of smoke? I bet you see 10-11 AFR vs 13-14. Maybe even a bit bit richer for a moment. I hope that helps.

I just reread the post. Run the meth on the dyno, and see if you see a rich condition as I think it may be.

Last edited by Bramage; 08-08-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Head to the beach it's not as hot
LOL! And get sand all over my filters? I just wake up really early and ride into work so I can get my torque rush in.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:19 AM

Brabus K8 E55 05
Ok, now i would like to change the location of the nozzle from the pre IC to Post IC, but I have problem:

- AEM nozzle is long "the check valve is integrated in the nozzle" the length is approximately 2 - 2.5 inches. For that reason I can not mounted on the side "almost opposite to the MAP sensor" because the nozzle will hit the engine when SC is installed.

- I am trying to find a way to point the nozzle on 90 deg but i am afraid that the mixture of water/methanol may not reach inside the area post IC where I will mount the nozzle, it could get stick in the 90 deg angle.

Well, Anyone can suggest any solution? or information that could help me in finding a solution?

PS: Soon, I will bring to the forum a way to make the upper SC pulley smaller, one of my friends has a friend that already worked on his small pulley, once I got an update I will let you know, but sorry guys, not soon . If it was successful, I will try to have video of the mechanic that will work on the pulley.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by ahmad0658

PS: Soon, I will bring to the forum a way to make the upper SC pulley smaller, one of my friends has a friend that already worked on his small pulley, once I got an update I will let you know, but sorry guys, not soon . If it was successful, I will try to have video of the mechanic that will work on the pulley.
it has been done already
Attached Thumbnails What have I missed?-post-laser-welding-inner-groove-rough-outer-machining.jpg   What have I missed?-finished-product-side.jpg  
Old 08-09-2011, 07:45 AM

Brabus K8 E55 05
Originally Posted by shardul
it has been done already
- How did it go with you Shardul?
- Power wise?
- will you need to retune the car?
- How much was it reduced in mm?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-design-2.html

look at post number 42. The pics i posted were the ones snogras emailed me.

Yes any you increase boost you will need a tune to compensate for additional fuel to run safely.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
You got it bro
Cool! Thanks brotha.

Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Well, I've hit a little bit of a snag in the mod department in the funding area...a brand spankin' new baby and the better half and I are getting married in October! Sooo...I'm gonna have to wait a little bit. I'm really chompin' at the bit to get an 82mm throttle body and an airbox. Mike and Chris are working on some other goodies that I'd like to try out, but realistically, that would be a little further out for me!
Congrats on the start of a new family!!! I'm sure your car is plenty fast to keep you content as you replenish your funds. Marriage and kids definitely reduce the man fund account but totally worth it. Best of luck to you Karl!

Kouuuu....it's been a long time brotha. Is your number still the same? The next time I'm in LA I'll hit ya up and we'll have some fun. I should be back down there in the next month or so visiting Jeremy. My car will need a retune once I'm done installing the next mod.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:53 PM

Brabus K8 E55 05
Ok, now i would like to change the location of the nozzle from the pre IC to Post IC, but I have problem:

- AEM nozzle is long "the check valve is integrated in the nozzle" the length is approximately 2 - 2.5 inches. For that reason I can not mounted on the side "almost opposite to the MAP sensor" because the nozzle will hit the engine when SC is installed.

- I am trying to find a way to point the nozzle on 90 deg but i am afraid that the mixture of water/methanol may not reach inside the area post IC where I will mount the nozzle, it could get stick in the 90 deg angle.

Well, Anyone can suggest any solution? or information that could help me in finding a solution?
Anyone? Suggestions? 90 deg converter will reduce the flow?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Anyone? Suggestions? 90 deg converter will reduce the flow?
You may want to switch to a different brand for the nozzle, for example, Devils Own have several different configuration available. You could use a straight nozzle with a in-line check valve a few inches away.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
I've picked up two new numbers since moving down here but my Hawaii number still works so call me anytime. I'm up for hanging out and having some road fun if you're ever in town. And, more mods...what don't you have? Haha!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
what don't you have? Haha!
I don't have a 10.5xx pass...lol.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:55 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
You missed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd