What have I missed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
What have I missed?

Anyone care to give me the short version of what I've missed...new mods, records, builds, blown engines, or any other related matter.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 GLS63 AMG Diamond White
TTM came out with a new fuel rail and injector kit that I have on order right now. It is for highly modded E55s that may have fuel starvation issues. Supposedly you gain 20whp from it. I shooting for 10s one day but for now I am content with my 12.5
Old 08-05-2011, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Hot diggity dayam! It's the king!

Welcome back my friend! I thought you of you the other day. I found your number on my back-up list of phone numbers on my comp this morning and was going to shoot you a call.

How is everything? It's been a while! Hope all is well buddy!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Hot diggity dayam! It's the king!

Welcome back my friend! I thought you of you the other day. I found your number on my back-up list of phone numbers on my comp this morning and was going to shoot you a call.

How is everything? It's been a while! Hope all is well buddy!!!
What up super moderator! Looks like someone is moving up in this world....

All is going well and I hope the same for you. The beast is running good but the mileage is starting to get up there. Last week I passed the 70k mark .

It's that time of year again and no matter how hard I try I can't get racing out of my system...lol. Hopefully I'll see you out there this year and get a chance to witness your 10 second pass. Take care brotha!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:57 AM

Brabus K8 E55 05
Alan,

Welcome back, nice to see you writing again. I have a question, I have a meth kit 50/50 on my car and I have read through few posts and your were discussing in them about the need for switch and solenoid. Can you please post a picture and P/N of the solenoid that you are using? Also where it should go in the water/meth kit circuit?
Old 08-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
welcome back.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Welcome back!!!

Did you ever get the car dialed in with the cams and killer chiller?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Heyyyy what's good in the south bay? you haven't missed much bro same old same old. I know everyone wants to run 10's it kind of reminds me of 2005when everyone was trying to run 11's. yeah you might have to dust off the champ and bust out a 10.6 to fight off the newbies.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ahmad0658
Alan,

Welcome back, nice to see you writing again. I have a question, I have a meth kit 50/50 on my car and I have read through few posts and your were discussing in them about the need for switch and solenoid. Can you please post a picture and P/N of the solenoid that you are using? Also where it should go in the water/meth kit circuit?
I actually use the Dashdaq to trigger my switch and not the standard boost switch. I have several parameter that need to be met in order for the meth pump to kick on. IIRC it is set to 85% throttle position and 8 pounds of boost. I also have both a check valve and solenoid to add extra protection against flooding out my engine ( Devils Own http://www.alcohol-injection.com/solenoid-17.html ). My check valve is next to the nozzle with my solenoid in-line and installed in the engine bay next to the in cabin air filter.

Originally Posted by shardul
welcome back.
Thanks. It's time to dust of the ole gear and start doing my thing again. How's the car running?

Originally Posted by skratch77
Welcome back!!!

Did you ever get the car dialed in with the cams and killer chiller?
The cams were taken out long ago, way before Famoso. As for the killer chiller, the thing is working phenomenal. The only thing you have to be willing to live with is that it takes a bit longer to get the cabin cool during super hot days. I've gone on several long trips this summer with the beast, which includes many trips to Southern Cal, and not a single hiccup. Earlier this year during a mid 50's day I made a few hard runs with a Vbox, my best 60-130 time was 7.8x. My IAT's started at high 40's and ended at mid 60's....

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Heyyyy what's good in the south bay? you haven't missed much bro same old same old. I know everyone wants to run 10's it kind of reminds me of 2005when everyone was trying to run 11's. yeah you might have to dust off the champ and bust out a 10.6 to fight off the newbies.
What up Jack! Are you ready to start doing that thing again, you know...racing? We need to get the boyz together and go hang out like the good ole days. Hows the car running? Have you installed any mods yet or still holding off for a bit?

10'6's....maybe, the car is running good but I sold my skinnies after Famoso. I wanted to give someone else the opportunity to go after the record, plus I though I was done.... Since Famoso the car has been re-tuned and feels very strong but we all know how that works.

BTW...I still have your set of DR's sitting in my garage. You better give yourself time to get them mounted and installed before the big debut.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
Good to see you back! I am looking forward to some NorCal runs with you this fall/winter. Sac seems to provide some nice DA's.

In terms of updates:

A blown engine here or there... The usual (Not mine)

Everyone is chasing you down, and I think we should see some good numbers as the weather starts cooling off and race season gets underway.

You are aware of the fuel rail, it is a great product.

I just added another zietronix to get bank 2 AFR's.. All looks good in that respect.

Beyond that, it is the usual drama. Same stuff that drives sane people away for months at a time.

Keep me posted when you may be going to Sac so I can make the run up there!!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
You the man Alan, where have you been?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Bramage
Good to see you back! I am looking forward to some NorCal runs with you this fall/winter. Sac seems to provide some nice DA's.

In terms of updates:

A blown engine here or there... The usual (Not mine)

Everyone is chasing you down, and I think we should see some good numbers as the weather starts cooling off and race season gets underway.

You are aware of the fuel rail, it is a great product.

I just added another zietronix to get bank 2 AFR's.. All looks good in that respect.

Beyond that, it is the usual drama. Same stuff that drives sane people away for months at a time.

Keep me posted when you may be going to Sac so I can make the run up there!!
Thanks for the update Dane.

I'm sure this is the year that we see some outstanding times out of the E55. I'm hoping to get some good runs in this year and possibly break my pb, but we'll see.

I just checked out Sac's TNT dates and it seems as though we have a 2 session day coming up on September 16. The cost is $90 and they will run from 12-4 take a 2 hour break and continue running from 6-10. If we get lucky the weather will cool and possibly the chance of getting some negative DA. Let me know what you think.

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
You the man Alan, where have you been?
What up! I've been very busy with work along with venturing out and exploring new business opportunities. It's been a very good year so far and I could only hope to continue to do well. How have you been? It seems as though you modded up quite nicely since I last been on the boards.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Welcome back sir. It's good when good ol' members return, I wish my old crew would come back, even though some post every blue moon. Good to see you back.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
car is in hibernation due to the heat
Old 08-05-2011, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Welcome back sir. It's good when good ol' members return, I wish my old crew would come back, even though some post every blue moon. Good to see you back.
Hey Jody! I spoke with Luis the other day and your beast popped up during our conversation, all I could say is...., let me say that again.... Great job brotha, I'm glad to see you stayed with the project and ignored all the haters that couldn't think it could be done. Just take your time and make sure that beast is fully ready and willing to conquer the track for the first time. Good luck with dialing in your final tweaks and go get it!!!!

I was speaking to a friend the other day and he was asking me if I had any plans on modding any further. I just laughed and told him I wish that I left things alone back when I ran 10.76, except for the addition of the killer chiller. Since than I have only spent more money to run slower...lol. This will be the year that I dial this thing back in, even I need to go back to the original combination that worked well for me. In this case, more was not better.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I dont have an E55 anymore- thats what's new...
Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Thanks for the update Dane.

I'm sure this is the year that we see some outstanding times out of the E55. I'm hoping to get some good runs in this year and possibly break my pb, but we'll see.

I just checked out Sac's TNT dates and it seems as though we have a 2 session day coming up on September 16. The cost is $90 and they will run from 12-4 take a 2 hour break and continue running from 6-10. If we get lucky the weather will cool and possibly the chance of getting some negative DA. Let me know what you think.

What up! I've been very busy with work along with venturing out and exploring new business opportunities. It's been a very good year so far and I could only hope to continue to do well. How have you been? It seems as though you modded up quite nicely since I last been on the boards.
Yes sir, I am one of those chasing that 10 sec. slip in DA SOUTH Glad that business is well for you, more money for mods
Old 08-05-2011, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S

What up Jack! Are you ready to start doing that thing again, you know...racing? We need to get the boyz together and go hang out like the good ole days. Hows the car running? Have you installed any mods yet or still holding off for a bit?

10'6's....maybe, the car is running good but I sold my skinnies after Famoso. I wanted to give someone else the opportunity to go after the record, plus I though I was done.... Since Famoso the car has been re-tuned and feels very strong but we all know how that works.

BTW...I still have your set of DR's sitting in my garage. You better give yourself time to get them mounted and installed before the big debut.

I know I need to get those from you, I need to sell my current set up as well. The 17"s are a good setup but a tad heavy but hell it worked well on your car 1.62-60' & a 11.1 quarter mile it may have been 11.0x I can't remember. I'm working on a few things and she should be ready for surgery soon
Old 08-05-2011, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
welcome back

it is good to see the king is back.

well i sold my car and going for the new CLS63TT.

i hope you get one and start modding it so we can learn from you. LOL
Old 08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
welcome back and looking forward to see your posts and slips. Anyone know whatever happened to Ahmad/blackbenz?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Hey Jody! I spoke with Luis the other day and your beast popped up during our conversation, all I could say is...., let me say that again.... Great job brotha, I'm glad to see you stayed with the project and ignored all the haters that couldn't think it could be done. Just take your time and make sure that beast is fully ready and willing to conquer the track for the first time. Good luck with dialing in your final tweaks and go get it!!!!

I was speaking to a friend the other day and he was asking me if I had any plans on modding any further. I just laughed and told him I wish that I left things alone back when I ran 10.76, except for the addition of the killer chiller. Since than I have only spent more money to run slower...lol. This will be the year that I dial this thing back in, even I need to go back to the original combination that worked well for me. In this case, more was not better.
Thanks Bro! Don't worry your car is a natural beast. A few tweaks and you will be right back where you were!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:47 PM

Brabus K8 E55 05
I actually use the Dashdaq to trigger my switch and not the standard boost switch. I have several parameter that need to be met in order for the meth pump to kick on. IIRC it is set to 85% throttle position and 8 pounds of boost. I also have both a check valve and solenoid to add extra protection against flooding out my engine ( Devils Own http://www.alcohol-injection.com/solenoid-17.html ). My check valve is next to the nozzle with my solenoid in-line and installed in the engine bay next to the in cabin air filter.
Thanx Alan for your information. Well as one of the guys said, why don't you think of TTM fuel rail? or you have your mod done on that already? I think you already run bigger fuel injectors, right?
Old 08-05-2011, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
glad to see your still around alan. i was wondering whats new here today too and low and behold u posted. hope the car is well. ill be in sacramento next week for a few days. hit me up. i took out my cams and am patiently awaiting my fuel rail from TTM and getting jeremy back over here. got a couple little goodies getting done over the next couple months - trying to keep up with your records. been driving the crap out of the CL. i'd be shocked if i have driven the CLS 2k miles in the last year. take care!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Anyone care to give me the short version of what I've missed...new mods, records, builds, blown engines, or any other related matter.
Use the search function you douche.

Just kidding, good to see you back. Figured I'd give you the standard answer to people's questions around here nowadays!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Wasssup Alan. Been meaning to give you a call and shoot the ****. Glad to see you back in the fold.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What have I missed?