W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

evosport - New Development on Cooling Upgrades (Top Mounted Intercoolers)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Havoc
When I said both Evosport and Weistec will be close $ vs HP, I'm talking about a ratio. For example.. Evosport's TMC produces 50HP for $6K and Weistec's S/C produces 100HP for $12K, therefore both packages have a $120/per 1 HP ratio.
Seems the OP has exited stage left for more lucrative pastures.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by e500slr
That's true but look how small these are, they look like half of the SLRs ones. I mean even for the W211 look how much more room there is above the EvoSport ones. Do you think they're worth it? I don't mean for the price by the way I mean are they worth it period as in are they just for show or will these actually be functional and make some substantial difference in cooling.
Yeah, I agree. I believe the SLR's TMC are better than the Evosport's because of the entrance angle of the intake air, which distributes the intake air more evenly across the cores and the size of the cores are larger, but at double the price and known fabrication to make them fit, the Evosport's are a better deal. In addition, they're cheaper than Renntech's and Kleemann's, which look fugly in my opinion, and currently no one no else is offering them so we don't have anything else to compare them too.

Now, are the Evosport's TMC worth it you ask? YES! They are far better than our stock coolers. Just look at how small the surface area of the stock core is. Yes, they do go deeper, but that just creates more of a drag/air restriction and not efficient at cooling the heated charged air.

Now compare that to the TMC. (These are my older coolers for reference, but Evosport's and the SLR's are made the same.) Look at how larger the surface area of the core is. The heated charged intake air has a lot more surface area to make contact with and therefore makes for a more efficient cooler. Actually, each intake head port/cylinder has a portion of the core in front of it, which goes to show how more efficient these are compared to our stock units. Also, the TMC cores are a lot less thicker which reduces the drag/air restriction and increases airflow.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by GT-ER
Judging by the pics alone, the core area looks to be at least 4 times the size of the oem intercooler...sounds great to me.
+1 They're a huge improvement!

Originally Posted by splinter
Yep, seems as though..
Old 04-22-2012, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 amg k4 and evo6 & Audi a4 b8
Sceptical from any part from evosport... Had the old cooling kit which leaked everywhere was poor quality and very expensive
Old 04-22-2012, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Post Look's like Brad/Evosport's lower than Jangy, if that's even possible..

Originally Posted by splinter
Yep, seems as though..
Sorry bro but someone needs to say this, please tell us Evosport has given you a REFUND??

Brad's NOT too busy to search the forums, he was here 10 min ago according to his Profile..

brad @ evosport*

PREMIER SPONSOR

*Last Activity:*Today*04:01 PMCurrent Activity:*Searching Forums
Worst part of this, I can't find other post by Havoc where he stated these upgraded IC's have been installed on someone elses E55 & been running around So Cal for weeks, & as if that wasn't bad enough, Havoc PAID for them in FULL when this project began.. Here's that post below w/few more showing how poorly/inexcusably a Premier Sponsor on this site is/has treated Havoc..

I paid Evosport in full over a year ago for my build so this is not costing me another dime and won't need to put anymore money into it.
Evosport has had it for a year now and has done nothing. Well, they actually just started to work on it and order parts. Vadim had it for 2 years and did nothing. Well, he made a few parts. I basically gave it to both companies just as they started a slump. Bad timing I guess.. Hey my car still looks and smells new!
Edit: Actually from this picture found on Evosports site shows IC's installed but NOT on Havoc's SL55. I'm not E55k owner but I know SL55/65/600 R230 platform & engine bay, can any of you E55 owners confirm this is an E55 w211 engine BAY?

Originally Posted by Simon @ evosport
I wanted to let everyone know that this project has in no way been forgot about or abandoned. Quite the opposite actually. We have achieved some very favorable results. We will post an update with dyno results in a couple days.

Thank you for your patience.
Evosport posted this nearly 4 months ago on 1-10-12

I'm still interested!
I saw them in person on the test car and they look awesome.
TEST car isn't Havoc's SL55. & Even if they finally release these IC's Havoc's PAID IN FULL & been waiting over a year, that's just plain wrong..

Last edited by Thericker; 04-22-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
Sorry bro but someone needs to say this, please tell us Evosport has given you a REFUND??

TEST car isn't Havoc's SL55. & Even if they finally release these IC's Havoc's PAID IN FULL & been waiting over a year, that's just plain wrong..
No they haven’t, only because I haven’t asked for a refund since I still plan on going with these coolers. Honestly bro, these coolers are the least of my worries. Evosport has yet to build me my motor, which I also paid in full well over a year now, and is the reason I’m not the TEST car for the coolers. I mean, how can I be when I don't even have a motor??

I agree and I'll tell you what's plain wrong, Brad/Evosport did take advantage of me and the fact that I paid them $32.5K and received nothing but lies of parts being on order and Brad's promises of it being completed within 3 months 3 times over a year when in fact nothing was being done is bad business and just unacceptable! I believe that I should receive some sort of compensation or discount for that, though I highly doubt I ever will..

Regardless, if it wasn’t for Simon, I would have moved on with another tuner. Unlike Brad, Simon told me straight up what he can and can't deliver on and the different direction we should take with my engine build. We came up with a new game plan, which is a new chapter in a very thick book...
Old 04-23-2012, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
It took me over a year to get all of my stage two parts from them. I won't do business with them ever again
Old 04-23-2012, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Have to say those coolers do look the business ....

Come on Evosport

WTF ?
Old 04-23-2012, 06:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
No they haven’t, only because I haven’t asked for a refund since I still plan on going with these coolers. Honestly bro, these coolers are the least of my worries. Evosport has yet to build me my motor, which I also paid in full well over a year now, and is the reason I’m not the TEST car for the coolers. I mean, how can I be when I don't even have a motor??

I agree and I'll tell you what's plain wrong, Brad/Evosport did take advantage of me and the fact that I paid them $32.5K and received nothing but lies of parts being on order and Brad's promises of it being completed within 3 months 3 times over a year when in fact nothing was being done is bad business and just unacceptable! I believe that I should receive some sort of compensation or discount for that, though I highly doubt I ever will..

Regardless, if it wasn’t for Simon, I would have moved on with another tuner. Unlike Brad, Simon told me straight up what he can and can't deliver on and the different direction we should take with my engine build. We came up with a new game plan, which is a new chapter in a very thick book...
Holy ****.... 32.5K... Find a GOOD lawyer and get ALL of your money back.
Thats rediculous.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Holy ****.... 32.5K... Find a GOOD lawyer and get ALL of your money back.
Thats rediculous.
Nah, though it is ridiculous. Regardless, I still like Evosport's products and I trust and have faith in Simon to produce a professional product. I'll soon if he can deliver because my SLK55 build is almost completed.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Nah, though it is ridiculous. Regardless, I still like Evosport's products and I trust and have faith in Simon to produce a professional product. I'll soon if he can deliver because my SLK55 build is almost completed.
You Sir, have the patience of Joab

Good luck with your toy
Old 04-23-2012, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
You Sir, have the patience of Joab

Good luck with your toy
Thanks!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Wow...I'm impressed with your attitude but you really shouldn't be in this situation. It's wrong and they are playing with your money.

I gave up on this long ago, and even if they do release it, I will never do business with Evosport.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:12 AM

E55 amg k4 and evo6 & Audi a4 b8
My evosport coller kit never worked properly poor finish poor performance poor product
Old 04-23-2012, 10:13 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Cant wait to see the SLK build. They are so light and should do wonders in the 1/4 mile and mile, if set up right!!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by GT-ER
I gave up on this long ago, and even if they do release it, I will never do business with Evosport.

My sentiments exactly. As an example, I very much want lightweight rotors....but I will never consider buying it from Evosport.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63

Honestly you have no idea how much I respect your attitude because if I was in your shoes and after being ****** by VRP I would tear my money out of EvoSport but you're still patient and composed after being screwed multiple times

As for the building time EvoSport is a joke, I thought they were a big shop. I've seen a very good friend of mine who is a tuner build 1000+whp LSX motors in under 4 days, and I'm talking tuned and ready to go and that's not even the fastest an engine can be built because I'm seen shop build an engine in ONE day, sure they work round the clock but for the amount of money you've paid..... . Months is a joke, the dumbest shop with the most retarded workers will build an engine faster. What are they R&D'ing? An F1 car?

Now as for the coolers pretty much everybody have up on those ages ago and nobody bought any so it was just a matter of misleading information but hearing about them ripping you off like this is just sickening
Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo

Ohh man... 1st Vadim/VRP take you for $50k now EVOdump takes $32.5k Your attitude is admirable but to a fault. These CO's will continue to take advantage of your goodwill if you continue to pay them IN FULL, IN ADVANCE You should ONLY @ most give them a %10 Deposit/Dwn Paymnt for Parts, prepaying for FUTURE Labor that hasn't even started is flatout Robbery...

Sorry you have had such horrible luck on this build, I suggest you Lawyer-up 1 + yrs & NO parts or work done to the ENGINE forget the IC's as your Engine is priority #1

Time to cut your losses & move on.. Best of luck bud...

Last edited by Thericker; 04-23-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
Originally Posted by Thericker
Ohh man... 1st Vadim/VRP take you for $50k now EVOdump takes $32.5k Your attitude is admirable but to a fault. These CO's will continue to take advantage of your goodwill if you continue to pay them IN FULL, IN ADVANCE You should ONLY @ most give them a %10 Deposit/Dwn Paymnt for Parts, prepaying for FUTURE Labor that hasn't even started is flatout Robery...

Sorry you have had such horrible luck on this build, I suggest you Lawyer-up 1 + yrs & NO parts or work done to the ENGINE forget the IC's as your Engine is priority #1

Time to cut your losses & move on.. Best of luck bud...
sorry Havoc but I have to reiterate what The ricker said , I have gone through a whole year with my Vadim FIASCO , and that was disgraceful ....mind you I wasnt out nearly close to you re in for .. but in my opinion people like that thrive on the trusty people who pay them in advance .. a whole year $32K and nothing ? I would have had so many law suits by now it wont be funny . Yes your trust and optimism and support is admirable , but forgive me youre unintentionally enabling this .
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brabus K8 E55 05
Sorry to hear about that Havoc, if they could not finish these easy little IC, then why thier damn prices are so high !!!! Why no action has been taken yet from the management of this forum !!!!! Does the guy need to raise the issue to try to take an action?

With the money you paid them, you could rebuilt the motor with stroker kit and have turbos on it too in less than 2 months in total
Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM

W211 E63
Wow
Old 04-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by ahmad0658
Sorry to hear about that Havoc, if they could not finish these easy little IC, then why thier damn prices are so high !!!! Why no action has been taken yet from the management of this forum !!!!! Does the guy need to raise the issue to try to take an action?

With the money you paid them, you could rebuilt the motor with stroker kit and have turbos on it too in less than 2 months in total
Guess who used to own this site and still has alot of influence?

Havoc, do you have a stock running motor? Send the car out east and we will get you up and running tens in no time. I will even put a ten second slip in the car when it gets shipped back lol. No need to get fancy with Stroker motors and titanium rods etc.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:12 PM

2003 E55 AMG
The top mounted coolers do look like a nice product but that is a bit long, unless you had an open ended agreement with evosport and the needed time for the project. That said, if you have faith in them holding up to their word, I guess hang in their. Rumor has it though that they are in financial trouble so take that for what its worth.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Havoc, you are a saint! Wow, just wow about your story
Old 04-24-2012, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by maxwerks
sorry Havoc but I have to reiterate what The ricker said , I have gone through a whole year with my Vadim FIASCO , and that was disgraceful ....mind you I wasnt out nearly close to you re in for .. but in my opinion people like that thrive on the trusty people who pay them in advance .. a whole year $32K and nothing ? I would have had so many law suits by now it wont be funny . Yes your trust and optimism and support is admirable , but forgive me youre unintentionally enabling this .
Did you get robbed by vadim as well? wow I didn't realize the extent of that whole fiasco. personally I would have found it very difficult not to break some bones if I didn't get my money back especially the amount Havoc has spent which he could have bought an SLR motor. Havoc, I think it's time to wreak havoc

Originally Posted by ahmad0658

No doubt, for the amount if time Havoc has waited he should be receiving F1 technology.

Last edited by e500slr; 04-24-2012 at 02:18 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: evosport - New Development on Cooling Upgrades (Top Mounted Intercoolers)