Ok.... so Vossen's CV3's are TWISTED:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Ok.... so Vossen's CV3's are TWISTED:)

So this is the story - about two weeks ago; I go into the shop for a "squeaking noise" everytime I went over a bump. Take the guys from Benz Elite out to show them the sound and they say - probably some ball joint thingy - lets throw it up on the lift. Get it on the lift and they look at me with this quizzical look and ask "how's the ride when you drive it" - I say fine - some vibration at high speeds - it pulls but the roads suck and supposedly they all pull to one direction or the other"... Then I get the "come here you ****ing douchebag finger"...I walk to the front of the car and this is what I see:

Same thing on the other side. Apparently, I should have gotten an alignment; So I have them put on my winter 18's and immediately text Clayton (because anytime ANYTHING GOES WRONG WITH MY TIRES HE'S INVOLVED). I send him a pic, tell him somehow this is his fault and now I got to get new fronts - he simply says, "you may want to hold off on that, you should come and see what I just got...."

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...n-content.html

Go to see them in person. . .F*&K!!!! He simply says - can't beat em for the money and what you get, awesome company, great people - don't take my word for it - call em up.

Ring Ring - "hello Vossen"; "5 year warranty. . .no hubcentric rings. . .perfect offsets. . .F#$K!!!!!!! can I place and order now?"

"no - we don't sell direct, however anyone on our dealer list. . ."

Ring Ring - "hello D2"; "In stock...you can ship them straight to my shop in time that they'll be on when I get back from vacation....F#$K!!!!!"

On vacation - get this pic from the shop

They tell me - you get no pics - you have to wait to see them in person - f*&ckers....

Go to the shop today (couldn't pic up the car because still waiting on parts)
This is what I see:

Did I mention perfect offsets:

Then the guys say "notice anything different?" "the wheels looked so sick we couldn't leave your rotors with that nasty primer gray - we painted them flat black for you - seriously - didn't ask them to do it, they just did it because they thought the wheels deserved better

Finally, they said "don't forget to take your swag"; me "swag???"

Seriously guys (and girls) - this has been, hands down, one of the best modding buying experiences I've had - the guys at Vossen and D2 are fantastic to deal with and the product is just outstanding. . .

I'll post some proper pics once I get her back - get her cleaned up and. . .dare I say it. . .STAR dropped

here's the stats:

Fronts - 9.0 - 255's/20
Rears - 10.5 - 295's/20 (not a misprint and THANK YOU SO MUCH GUS83!!!!)

Thank you Vossen, Thank you D2, F*&K you Clayton....

Last edited by motorkas; 09-12-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Nice! Car looks good, needs to come down alot more though, than the stance will be perfect.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
looks sick. its hard to find decent customer service now a days. glad to see there is still some out there
Old 09-12-2011, 07:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
awesome. great job to vossen and d2. stand up stuff there.

and the car looks great.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nice! Car looks good, needs to come down alot more though, than the stance will be perfect.
I think by looking at your sig we know where you stand on lowering - you're car looks great in that pic!!!!! - Going to start with STAR, if I don't get the look I'm looking for, then I'll put the call into MBH for a Renntech V2 with remote - it's definitely not going as low as you though - I like my fillings where they are in my teeth

looks sick. its hard to find decent customer service now a days. glad to see there is still some out there
It really has been a wonderful experience - no waiting - great product - great people to deal with - can't say enought good things right now about them

awesome. great job to vossen and d2. stand up stuff there.

and the car looks great.
Thank you sir!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I love great looking wheels... but I also love wheels that have function too so I ask; what are the weights of these bad boys?
Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 PM

2005 E55 amg
Please post a side pic of the setup. Looks awesome.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Various
Exclamation

Thanks for all the compliments! Love it thus far, can't wait to see her up done and clean.

Originally Posted by Vic55
I love great looking wheels... but I also love wheels that have function too so I ask; what are the weights of these bad boys?
Vic, CV3 20x9 is 27lbs, the 20x10.5 is 28 lbs.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Believe it or not they are anchors like the monarchs lol
Old 09-12-2011, 09:34 PM

2005 E55 amg
That's an angle shot! I want side shot please

Get that bad boy all cleaned up and post a bunch of pics. Setup looks sick dude
Old 09-12-2011, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vic, CV3 20x9 is 27lbs, the 20x10.5 is 28 lbs.
They beat me to it

Vic - they really do look FANTASTIC in real life - my goal is to find a way to make pics do them justice!!!!! Given you're obvious lack of taste in cars, wheels and moddifications...... I said it before and I'll say it again, ONLY YOU CAN MAKE ME LOVE A 212

Believe it or not they are anchors like the monarchs lol
funny thing about it - I ran my fastest time (11.7 - 1.7 60') on street tires with my 19's with just Kleemann headers and a box tune....Added a kleeman pulley and custom OE dyno tune putting out over 500whp on a heart breaker dyno and I couldn't get past 11.9 (1.9 60')(also on street tires with the same 19's - no way to get out of the gate without spinning); my theory is that the reduction in low end torque from the headers without the pulley actually helped my launches because it didn't overwhelm the tires....The weight doesn't concern me because I'm not going after records but I'm honestly curious to see if it helps down low - up high I know the consequences of added unsprung weight but I rarely do triple digits on the street because I need my license to work...that and seriously, the amount of power in these things even slightly modified every 4-5 weeks, I'm foolish enough to say to myself "ahhh, this thing feels slow"...then I floor it from a standstill....and immediately proceed to smack myself silly for thinking such lunacy...for my outright speed jones I drive this....

Please post a side pic of the setup. Looks awesome.
coming soon....

Thanks for all the compliments! Love it thus far, can't wait to see her up done and clean.
going to try to do them proud - thanks for making this a wonderful experience!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's an angle shot! I want side shot please

Get that bad boy all cleaned up and post a bunch of pics. Setup looks sick dude
will do - I want it back pretty bad myself right now
Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Car looks absolutely bonkers!

In for more pics!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by motorkas

Same thing on the other side. Apparently, I should have gotten an alignment; So I have them put on my winter 18's and immediately text Clayton (because anytime ANYTHING GOES WRONG WITH MY TIRES HE'S INVOLVED). I send him a pic, tell him somehow this is his fault and now I got to get new fronts - he simply says, "you may want to hold off on that, you should come and see what I just got...."

Thank you Vossen, Thank you D2, F*&K you Clayton....
Clayton: Shredding other people's tires since 1972.

Dude, those look outstanding and even I don't have the black hubs! Gonna have to get that done. Can't let you have better crap than me.

I challenge anyone to find another wheel that looks so damn perfect on every platform. These CV3s, just look so right.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 09-12-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E63
car looks SICK!!!!!!!!!!! and you're welcome my friend and wait till you lower it with star, you will fall in love again with the car
also you will love the shirts, they feel great

PS: you do track days with motorcycles i see
Old 09-12-2011, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E63
when i weighted my wheels there were 24 F / 26 R but it was not an amazing scale, so maybe im wrong
Old 09-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

VIPER
So, so nice.

if anyone needs a set of these, let us know.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Thats sick bro!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car looks absolutely bonkers!

In for more pics!
Thanks man!!!!! I miss your sig from back in the day when you were a "regular guy"

Clayton: Shredding other people's tires since 1972.

Dude, those look outstanding and even I don't have the black hubs! Gonna have to get that done. Can't let you have better crap than me.

I challenge anyone to find another wheel that looks so damn perfect on every platform. These CV3s, just look so right.
I hate you - but everything you said is true - including my hubs looking better than yours....

Seriously, I going to throw some love your way right now because once my wife finds out it was you who was in the middle of this - you're a dead man....

car looks SICK!!!!!!!!!!! and you're welcome my friend and wait till you lower it with star, you will fall in love again with the car
also you will love the shirts, they feel great

PS: you do track days with motorcycles i see
Thanks!!!!! and THANK YOU AGAIN for all the help as well; Yep love track days - the only problem is that once you go on the track you learn two of life's hardships: 1) you really aren't as good or as fast as you think you are and 2) riding on the street is never the same afterwards....

So, so nice.

if anyone needs a set of these, let us know.
no, thank you sir!!!!!! another big to the guys at D2

Thats sick bro!
Thanks brother!!!!!!! Although, you truly scare me in that you always have something cooking up your sleeve that's car related - I find that it's bad for people like you to be around people like me because you make it seem "normal" to go through 4 sets of wheels in less than two years. . .
Old 09-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
those look sick. i want a side profile picture of your car!
BTW send me one of those t-shirts lol j/k

Last edited by shardul; 09-13-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by shardul
those look sick. i want a side profile picture of your car!
BTW send me one of those t-shirts lol j/k
Thanks man!!!!!The white one's coming your way
Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Rims are nice, concave is SMOKING.

Let me jump into flame suit...but these rims are so similar to the CLS55 OEM rims. Thoughts?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by bigben320e
these rims are so similar to the CLS55 OEM rims. Thoughts?
They both have five spokes, but then lots of rims just have five spokes. Beyond that and the paint color, I don't see many similarities between the style of the CV3's and the stock CLS55 standard rims. The CV3s are striking in their appearance; the 5 spoke AMG wheels are rather bland IMO.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Various
Originally Posted by komp55
They both have five spokes, but then lots of rims just have five spokes. Beyond that and the paint color, I don't see many similarities between the style of the CV3's and the stock CLS55 standard rims. The CV3s are striking in their appearance; the 5 spoke AMG wheels are rather bland IMO.
Check out the CV3 on the move Concave action and a near 5" inner lip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QubYz...layer_embedded
Old 09-13-2011, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Rims are nice, concave is SMOKING.

Let me jump into flame suit...but these rims are so similar to the CLS55 OEM rims. Thoughts?
No flame suit necessary - I really like the five spoke CLS wheels and a couple of members rock them on their 211s; that being said - seeing them in real life - the only similarities are the 5 spokes - should have more pics up in a couple of days that show that

Check out the CV3 on the move Concave action and a near 5" inner lip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QubYz...layer_embedded
I can't believe I'm going to admit this: I sometimes have to ask my wife to drive the 55 while I trail her in another car so I can periodically see how it looks in motion and sounds on throttle. . .and that's going to be one of the first things I do when it gets home after the drop and bath

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ok.... so Vossen's CV3's are TWISTED:)