--They got me :-/ --

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
The figures that are quoted on the BLS site are base pay without overtime. Not to mention, this mean figure includes all the podunk sheriffs with barely any income.

As you'll note, in my state of NJ, this average base pay is nearly $80k. Add time and a half, and you get to 6 figures without a problem.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
With the way the economy has been, dont be surprised with more tickets, where before you would get a warning instead. Real estate has tanked so property tax is not the cash cow anymore for generating revenue. Therefore back to writing tickets for moving violations.

You can have the nicest manners when stopped by a LEO, but if he is a @*&(@, then don't have any expectation of getting off. Been there done that too many times in my mid 20s.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 63 amg
ticket lawyer

Hey brother this is my ticket lawyer in the BAy area/Tampa
give then a call and go by and take them your ticket and cash money $150 he will wipe out that ticket. Dennis Lopez 813-222-8989
Take Care Happy speeding on the Beast
Old 10-25-2011, 02:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Originally Posted by julian14
Hey brother this is my ticket lawyer in the BAy area/Tampa
give then a call and go by and take them your ticket and cash money $150 he will wipe out that ticket. Dennis Lopez 813-222-8989
Take Care Happy speeding on the Beast
And if you don't like this guy, I've got one you can try as well. $129.00 and your ticket will go away.

I've fought every ticket I've ever had since I was 16, (I'm now 64), and that's a lot of tickets and have only lost once when the cop blatantly lied under oath.

Imagine that.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Gentlemen. . .as much as I hate being pulled over and ticketed. . .the fact of the matter remains. . .everytime I was doing something wrong/illegal. I personally take no more offense with LEO's doing their job than a bank asking me for cash to refi, and then increasing rates for it being a rental, rather than personal. . .

A good friend (who's a LEO) once said when we were *****ing about "speed traps". . ."what, did the trooper put some cheese in the road to make you drive faster. . .?". . .the argument instantly ended.

If you guys want to *****, that's fine. . .I would suggest doing something about it. . .organize. . . and go after the real culprit - the laws that are on the books, and the individuals who wrote them for suspect reasons. . .not the people who are employed to enforce them. As others have mentioned, there are plenty of remedies available to those who want the ticket to "go away". . .

And just for the record. . .without a doubt, the biggest douchebags I have ever met have had disproportionately higher incomes than the rest of society. . .Just because you may have more money doesn't mean, you can break the rules/ laws. . .it just means you have more options in how you deal with the consequences. . .
Old 10-25-2011, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
wow thanks for those numbers guys I'll def give them a call about it!! I appreciate it alot
Old 10-25-2011, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by Oliverk
The figures that are quoted on the BLS site are base pay without overtime. Not to mention, this mean figure includes all the podunk sheriffs with barely any income.

As you'll note, in my state of NJ, this average base pay is nearly $80k. Add time and a half, and you get to 6 figures without a problem.
the MEDIAN, not average, wage is 53,540 annual... that means that half fall above that # and other half below...

median figures are not weighted like averages and therefore NOT brought down by "podunk" sheriffs.... it means if it takes 1 million cops then the cop that falls in the middle of all the salaries is $53,540 and that 1/2 of all the cops make less then him..

and these BLS figures are based on 2080 hours which means its based on full year of 8 hour days with 10 days of bonus/or vacation days so its factored in as cops do not regularly get over 80 hours per year of overtime unless they are in a severly understaffed area and that would be the "podunks" you refered to, not metro areas.

ALSO, the OP that got the ticket is in FL not NJ so NJ pay is irrelavant to whether or not the cop in FL is jealous due to not being able to afford a 29K car... and considering the FL mean is 55,840 then its highly unlikely that he can afford a 29K used car with no warranty considering after taxes he is taking home around 3400 per month its highly unlikely he can afford a 500 car pmt + 100 insurance + maintance and have 2800 left over to live off of if single and highly unlikely if he has kids.

and same scenario in NJ would apply since NJ has state tax which FL does not and NJ is on average 46% higher cost of living (jacksonville fl vs edision nj) so your 80K cop is 55200 after taxes and then after 46% reduction to reflect FL equivalent = $29800 in FL dollars so $2484 per month ... so a cop in NJ at 80K is no better off than a cop in FL at 55K and not able to afford a 29K car without warranty unless he wants to live in a trailer

Last edited by gaspam; 10-25-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:48 PM

'05 E55
Originally Posted by motorkas
Gentlemen. . .as much as I hate being pulled over and ticketed. . .the fact of the matter remains. . .everytime I was doing something wrong/illegal. I personally take no more offense with LEO's doing their job than a bank asking me for cash to refi, and then increasing rates for it being a rental, rather than personal. . .

A good friend (who's a LEO) once said when we were *****ing about "speed traps". . ."what, did the trooper put some cheese in the road to make you drive faster. . .?". . .the argument instantly ended.

If you guys want to *****, that's fine. . .I would suggest doing something about it. . .organize. . . and go after the real culprit - the laws that are on the books, and the individuals who wrote them for suspect reasons. . .not the people who are employed to enforce them. As others have mentioned, there are plenty of remedies available to those who want the ticket to "go away". . .

And just for the record. . .without a doubt, the biggest douchebags I have ever met have had disproportionately higher incomes than the rest of society. . .Just because you may have more money doesn't mean, you can break the rules/ laws. . .it just means you have more options in how you deal with the consequences. . .
Well said, Motorkas! I agree wholeheartedly. Not everyone who gets pulled over is guilty of a traffic infraction, but a few are. Everyone who drives an E55 needs to recognize that fact. We didn't buy these cars to race to speed limit quicker than everyone else. Sometimes it happens.

It's okay to be upset when you get pulled over, but don't take the easy way out and place all the blame on the officers. Being honest, you have to ask what responsibility you ought to bear. Looking at it that way, I've merited every ticket that I've gotten. How does my history of safe driving (or legal driving) demand that an officer to give me a break when I broke the law this time? Our laws don't work like that.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by gaspam
the MEDIAN, not average, wage is 53,540 annual... that means that half fall above that # and other half below...

median figures are not weighted like averages and therefore NOT brought down by "podunk" sheriffs.... it means if it takes 1 million cops then the cop that falls in the middle of all the salaries is $53,540 and that 1/2 of all the cops make less then him..

and these BLS figures are based on 2080 hours which means its based on full year of 8 hour days with 10 days of bonus/or vacation days so its factored in as cops do not regularly get over 80 hours per year of overtime unless they are in a severly understaffed area and that would be the "podunks" you refered to, not metro areas.

ALSO, the OP that got the ticket is in FL not NJ so NJ pay is irrelavant to whether or not the cop in FL is jealous due to not being able to afford a 29K car... and considering the FL mean is 55,840 then its highly unlikely that he can afford a 29K used car with no warranty considering after taxes he is taking home around 3400 per month its highly unlikely he can afford a 500 car pmt + 100 insurance + maintance and have 2800 left over to live off of if single and highly unlikely if he has kids.

and same scenario in NJ would apply since NJ has state tax which FL does not and NJ is on average 46% higher cost of living (jacksonville fl vs edision nj) so your 80K cop is 55200 after taxes and then after 46% reduction to reflect FL equivalent = $29800 in FL dollars so $2484 per month ... so a cop in NJ at 80K is no better off than a cop in FL at 55K and not able to afford a 29K car without warranty unless he wants to live in a trailer
The mean figure is the first one quoted at $55k. Median is an even more useless figure as half the cops are earning more than the median figure. Nevertheless, even at $55k, one should easily be able to afford a $25k vehicle. No they won't live in a mcmansion, but renting a one bedroom, in Edison no less, would not be an issue.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
How many times are you going to say this? Every time somebody gets a ticket, whether they deserved it or not, the cop is jealous?

Get this through your head.

You can get a nice E55 for $25k. Even a rookie police officer could probably afford that in almost every state in the country. I'm sure if he wanted an E55, he would have one.
well someone should tell chawkins, because he seems to think that all cops everywhere are jealous of E55 drivers.

As to your maintenance and repair comment, big deal. Yeah its expensive, but its not as if cops are burger king employees. Many clear six figures with overtime, which is more than enough to afford a used E55. The high and mighty attitude over a cheap used car is pretty silly.

As for opinions, you can say what you want about cops. I'm not a cop and I don't care if you don't like them. But to imply that every cop which pulls over an E55 is jealous is just asinine, and yet par for the course for chawkins.
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
It is simple! The cop will treat you depending on how you treat them if he is pissed because you were doing 80-100-120-140 he has all the right to nail you. Some guys like to start a debate and thats when you'll never win I learned the hard way and never got a speeding ticket on the E55.
LOCO hit it on the head, own up and be a man. People like Chawkins can point fingers and call names all they want. It shows your maturity level and it actually degrades you. I agree, the first time someone keys your mustang, YOU WILL BE CRYING FOR A POLICE REEPORT. Oh an by the way, from the looks of Chawkins house in the background of some of your pictures, I know cops that have a lot nicer houses then yours and deffinetly have nicer cars then a old mustang and an old E55!

Last edited by emoving; 10-25-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by berti_00
wow thanks for those numbers guys I'll def give them a call about it!! I appreciate it alot
I commend you for taking the high mature road about your ticket. Get a lawyer and go to court. It will all get sorted.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:46 PM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
Do any of you guys believe those FOP (Fraternal Order of Police) memberships do actually get you out of minor trouble?

My friend who subscribed to 11-99 back in cali says he's gotten out of a few just on that. But he can't prove it because I tell him that cops give out warnings all the time for minor things like speeding.

I haven't had a ticket since I was 18, been 5 years now.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:52 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by motorkas

very well put....

just because your better off, doesn't mean you're better.....
Old 10-25-2011, 08:56 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
certified panty dropper like the E55.

lol...
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by infantry
Do any of you guys believe those FOP (Fraternal Order of Police) memberships do actually get you out of minor trouble?

My friend who subscribed to 11-99 back in cali says he's gotten out of a few just on that. But he can't prove it because I tell him that cops give out warnings all the time for minor things like speeding.

I haven't had a ticket since I was 18, been 5 years now.
You have to pay up to join & when they run you when pulled over, it will even come up as member, so yes, it does make a significant difference-improvement-in the situation.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by pearlpower
You have to pay up to join & when they run you when pulled over, it will even come up as member, so yes, it does make a significant difference-improvement-in the situation.
Makes sense.

I recently got pulled over two weeks ago, I have Purple Heart plates on my cars. I was in the AMG and had a little giddy up and go to the speed limit, then put it on cruise. And a Sheriff got right behind me in his Explorer.

Got away with nothing, not even a "slow down." it was more of a
"Well, you know, when you do it in front of a cop, ....ya know..." verbatim. I lol'd and told him to take care.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Makes sense.

I recently got pulled over two weeks ago, I have Purple Heart plates on my cars. I was in the AMG and had a little giddy up and go to the speed limit, then put it on cruise. And a Sheriff got right behind me in his Explorer.

Got away with nothing, not even a "slow down." it was more of a
"Well, you know, when you do it in front of a cop, ....ya know..." verbatim. I lol'd and told him to take care.
Most military and ALL Purple Hearts go free in my book.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by emoving
My book too, but there are some things I wouldn't let them go for, hurting another where I am forced to write a ticket for like speeding then wrecking.

Or DUI, anything else I'm sure I would let slide.

I had a lot of respect for our boys before I ever joined. Even our cops, I feel so bad for them sometimes. And it's nice to let them know I care too.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My book too, but there are some things I wouldn't let them go for, hurting another where I am forced to write a ticket for like speeding then wrecking.

Or DUI, anything else I'm sure I would let slide.

I had a lot of respect for our boys before I ever joined. Even our cops, I feel so bad for them sometimes. And it's nice to let them know I care too.
Exactly, if you put me in a situation I may loose my job.....well, you created that. But a speeding ticket or some other stupid ticket......pass. Those are saved for people with biased, bad opinions and bad attitudes like Chawkins!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Dude, call any of those numbers. Its your first time so you might get off scott free. If anthing there will be a court cost and it wont be much. Unless you keep doing it. F*** what any one else says. Get a lawyer and take care of it. I agree with Chawkins, The pigs down here suck major d***! But be careful, they hind around every corner.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Dude, call any of those numbers. Its your first time so you might get off scott free. If anthing there will be a court cost and it wont be much. Unless you keep doing it. F*** what any one else says. Get a lawyer and take care of it. I agree with Chawkins, The pigs down here suck major d***! But be careful, they hind around every corner.
More maturity!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Old 10-26-2011, 06:45 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Exactly, if you put me in a situation I may loose my job.....well, you created that. But a speeding ticket or some other stupid ticket......pass. Those are saved for people with biased, bad opinions and bad attitudes like Chawkins!

are you going to loose your job? or lose your job?

calm down, think about what you want to say!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hyperion667
are you going to loose your job? or lose your job?

calm down, think about what you want to say!
Are you going to use capitalization and sentence fragments?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
LOCO hit it on the head, own up and be a man. People like Chawkins can point fingers and call names all they want. It shows your maturity level and it actually degrades you. I agree, the first time someone keys your mustang, YOU WILL BE CRYING FOR A POLICE REEPORT. Oh an by the way, from the looks of Chawkins house in the background of some of your pictures, I know cops that have a lot nicer houses then yours and deffinetly have nicer cars then a old mustang and an old E55!
Who cares what you have to say Marcus, keep talking smack about my house and cars, carma is a ***** playa

They can keep giving me bs tickets about tint, exhaust, drag tires etc. I just go to court like I always do, and get them thrown out

To me, they are just an inconvenience, corrupt with due as you please attitude.

When you see a little teenage girl been basically blind sided and football tackled into a brick building by a meat head just because he gave her an order to sit down and she did not, an old granny's house broken into saying that she fit the profile for dealing, and killed in her own home because she had no idea who was kicking her door down at 2am, and came down the hall way with a shot gun, a young college girl mouthing off in a IHOP and been clocked several times by another meat head, a lady pulling up to drop off a passenger at our airport, and because she did not pull off fast enough, she was yanked out the car and thrown on the ground and cuffed, a buddy of mine who owns a valet business who does very well, stopped, cuffed and car turned upside down because they say he fit the profile driving a Escalade with rims and carrying alot of cash, the list can go on and on.

You know the motto, if you want to play, you got to pay, get caught speeding, pay the fine and move on. You don't have to dog hump LEO's in hopes of getting off. Just pay and be on your way

Last edited by chawkins2001; 10-26-2011 at 09:04 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: --They got me :-/ --