My Car Is A BEAST!! (TCU Flash)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
How do you go WOT without activating the kickdown?
My car won't let me. From a stop it WILL launch in 1st regardless of what setting I use.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
How do you go WOT without activating the kickdown?
Press the pedal down until it contacts the kickdown button, but don't depress it. Throttle position will still be 100%, this is how I run at the track. Sometimes it's hard to feel, but with the car off you can try pushing the accelerator pedal with your foot or hand. If you move it slowly you will feel it stop, and then if you give it some additional force it will "break through" and depress the button.

Could be that some cars don't have a kickdown button, but I think the issue is that people just put their boot through the firewall and never really feel that there is a switch there.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by izzyz28
Press the pedal down until it contacts the kickdown button, but don't depress it. Throttle position will still be 100%, this is how I run at the track. Sometimes it's hard to feel, but with the car off you can try pushing the accelerator pedal with your foot or hand. If you move it slowly you will feel it stop, and then if you give it some additional force it will "break through" and depress the button.

Could be that some cars don't have a kickdown button, but I think the issue is that people just put their boot through the firewall and never really feel that there is a switch there.
So if I'm in C mode and give it a good amount of gas from a strop, but not kickdown, it sometimes feels like it downshifts to 1 but this may actually just be the converter locking?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by CityOfAngels
So if I'm in C mode and give it a good amount of gas from a strop, but not kickdown, it sometimes feels like it downshifts to 1 but this may actually just be the converter locking?

That would be my guess, but I can't be certain. I've done it numerous times, and it may actually be the tires spinning or it could be downshifting if your car is not an 04. I don't know how the different year TCU's were programmed. If you you keep your foot in it and it doesn't upshift until 80 mph then you were in 2nd gear the whole time.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Johncy2000
Ya sorry bout the music. I will try and post another vid today.

Curious if you have done any other videos since the first one you posted? (Hopefully without any music or open car windows)!!!

Two things I'd still like to find out:

1. Does the new TCU allow you to do a better burnout than before? I think you reported having the same problem as other guys with the '05-'06 cars where the throttle body slams shut if you brakestand it for more than a few seconds. (This may be more of an ECU item, but I've never heard of anyone overriding it). Perhaps with the increased TQ settings in the TCU it's simply easier to initiate a burnout without using the brake pedal.

2. Any idea if the TCU disables the "adaptations" which keep making the shifts lazier and lazier over time. The sneaky reset is a good workaround, but it would be cool if the new TCU just disabled that feature completely.

Thanks!

-G
Old 12-02-2011, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 GLS63 AMG Diamond White
Sorry man. I got no other vids right now. The next vid will be me racing a jb4 335.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:08 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
I wish they could figure out how to get it to blip the throttle on downshifts in M.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DVC
I wish they could figure out how to get it to blip the throttle on downshifts in M.
Thats the one thing I want really badly. I manually do it by pressing the throttle as you downshift. It kind of works.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:49 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
John- diggin' the pics of your car in the pic thread. I'm in a Flint also and really like your choice of wheels with the color. Are you lowered much? Which splitter/lip do you have?

Geez, just wasted my time going through this thread. Try not to get sucked in as it went no where:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...c-done-46.html
Old 12-03-2011, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DVC
John- diggin' the pics of your car in the pic thread. I'm in a Flint also and really like your choice of wheels with the color. Are you lowered much? Which splitter/lip do you have?

Geez, just wasted my time going through this thread. Try not to get sucked in as it went no where:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...c-done-46.html
Thanks for the compliment bro. I am lowered via Star which only goes so low. You picked a great color. It has tones of blue in the paint. Awesome! The lip I have is from Ebay. I believe it is from JL Motoring.