I read this at www.rs6.com
Old 06-16-2003, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 997 Turbo
Re: Next Audi RS 6 will have Lamborghini V10 engine

Originally posted by Kain
Oh yeah!

I read this at www.rs6.com
Just curious: are you sure you're posting to the right forum?
Just asking.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:49 PM

N/A
Re: Re: Next Audi RS 6 will have Lamborghini V10 engine

Originally posted by Rennteam
Just curious: are you sure you're posting to the right forum?
Just asking.
Yes, because the RS 6 is a rival of the E55 AMG, and it's always good to know what the competition is offering.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:34 PM

211E55, CLK55(sold), LX470, LS430
Re: Re: Re: Next Audi RS 6 will have Lamborghini V10 engine

Yes, because the RS 6 is a rival of the E55 AMG, and it's always good to know what the competition is offering.
Lambo..? Does this mean you loose a significant amount of value of the car after driving 10,000 miles?
Old 06-18-2003, 06:34 AM

N/A
Re: Re: Re: Re: Next Audi RS 6 will have Lamborghini V10 engine

Originally posted by fiftyfive4me
Lambo..? Does this mean you loose a significant amount of value of the car after driving 10,000 miles?
I rather have a car that loses value rather than a car that falls apart after driving 10,000 miles.

Read my other thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=42591
Old 06-18-2003, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
How long until the new RS6 based on the new model is released?

By the time the Lambo powered RS6 has been released, you'll have the new M5 and updated W211 E55 to worry about.

As to your comment ;

"I rather have a car that loses value rather than a car that falls apart after driving 10,000 miles."

Given that you are 19 year old student and your MB experience appears to be via your old mans entry level E class, I doubt whether you could afford the depreciation, even by installments, let alone the cars themselves, so fail to see how you are qualified to make any such judgements.

I think it's great that you love the new RS6, it is undoubtably a great car, but if you want to preach about the RS6, take it to the RS6 board and daydream there.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
somebody has a red tushy
Old 06-18-2003, 09:03 AM

N/A
Originally posted by stephens
How long until the new RS6 based on the new model is released?

By the time the Lambo powered RS6 has been released, you'll have the new M5 and updated W211 E55 to worry about.

As to your comment ;

"I rather have a car that loses value rather than a car that falls apart after driving 10,000 miles."

Given that you are 19 year old student and your MB experience appears to be via your old mans entry level E class, I doubt whether you could afford the depreciation, even by installments, let alone the cars themselves, so fail to see how you are qualified to make any such judgements.

I think it's great that you love the new RS6, it is undoubtably a great car, but if you want to preach about the RS6, take it to the RS6 board and daydream there.
Ha! We are selling the Mercedes-Benz and probably getting the 2004 Audi A8 L 4.2 quattro.

New M5 and E55 AMG to worry about? LOL! The new M5 isn't even released yet, LOL! The new RS 6 will be here in about two years. Considering how well the current RS 6 puts up with the E55 AMG, I won't worry about how long it takes for it to get here. And when it does get here, it will probably turn the E55 AMG into E.55 AMG, LOL.

Last edited by Kain; 06-18-2003 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:13 AM

N/A
Oh, and I don't think Audi has to worry about the new BMW M5. Why? Because the new M5 will have around 500 hp while the new RS 6 will have around 600 hp.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:24 AM

N/A
And one more thing...

It's funny how some fools like you seem to judge people's "status" according to which car they have. Some people have priorities, and so spend more on some things than on others. We spent $12,000 on our home theater. Now, if someone has no home theater, that would make him "poor" in my eyes? Of course not!
Old 06-18-2003, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lambo engine? Nooo thank you, I prefer to have an engine that can go more than 5k miles before needing a complete overhaul.

Ever heard this saying? :

Heaven is where the police are british, the cooks italian, the lovers french, the mechanics swiss, and the engineers german.

Hell is where the police are german, the cooks british, the lovers swiss, the mechanics french, and the engineers italian.

THAT one I fully agree with.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:25 AM

N/A
Do you people even know that Lamborghini is a division of Audi? And that Audi build quality is superior to that of Mercedes-Benz and BMW?
Old 06-18-2003, 12:15 PM
ZHH

2001 BMW M3
my statement

I feel I should mention something while on the topic of Audi, I used to have a S4, it blew two sets of turbos, cracked the bypass valves, went through a clutch, had a bad second gear synchro, and rattled like nobody's business (none of these problems were of my fault either). I now have a M3 and the biggest problem I've had is...well I havent had a big problem, 30,000 miles strong so far. But I'll end my story like this, the RS6 is a great car, the E55 is a great car, the M5 is a great car, the M3 is a great car, and yes, Im sure the new RS6 will be a great car. The choice between these cars comes down to our own personal preference and if someone can't understand that, they don't deserve the right to dream about these cars. The End.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:00 PM

N/A
Re: my statement

Originally posted by ZHH
I feel I should mention something while on the topic of Audi, I used to have a S4, it blew two sets of turbos, cracked the bypass valves, went through a clutch, had a bad second gear synchro, and rattled like nobody's business (none of these problems were of my fault either). I now have a M3 and the biggest problem I've had is...well I havent had a big problem, 30,000 miles strong so far. But I'll end my story like this, the RS6 is a great car, the E55 is a great car, the M5 is a great car, the M3 is a great car, and yes, Im sure the new RS6 will be a great car. The choice between these cars comes down to our own personal preference and if someone can't understand that, they don't deserve the right to dream about these cars. The End.
The new Audi S4 doesn't use turbos.

Anyhow, those "problems" seem a bit "unusual" considering I have read up on Audi a lot. But, the second part of your post seems to be the most "sensible" in this whole thread. Good job.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:06 PM
ZHH

2001 BMW M3
Thank you. I had the B5 S4 with the Biturbo engine. Yet, those problems were far from unusual on that model, ask any owner, more likely than not, they've had at least one of those problems. However, your right about the B6 S4, it doesn't use turbos and it looks like its going to be pretty sweet.

Last edited by ZHH; 06-18-2003 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:20 PM

N/A
Click here to see an Audi S4 (the new one) vs. BMW M3 video.

http://www.yoyo.org/~andy/private/TopgearM3.wmv
Old 06-18-2003, 02:26 PM

N/A
By the way, what is the price of a fully-equipped 2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG?
Old 06-18-2003, 04:54 PM

E55
Welcome to this list, Kain. Your comments keep us from being too taken with MB's. By the way have you heard the song:

Oh Lord, won't you buy me an Audi?
Old 06-18-2003, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Love Audis,loved my S8,could take the first RS6 here,chose E55 instead not just because it's faster,but because it is a new design unlike the Audi which is going to be replaced this Fall.(I miss the quattro though).
Old 06-18-2003, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you people even know that Lamborghini is a division of Audi? And that Audi build quality is superior to that of Mercedes-Benz and BMW?
If it's that good when it comes out, I'll happily buy one and hand the E55 off to the wife (unless she wants one sooner). Until then, I'll be extremely happy with the car I have coming next week which, for now, will comfortably beat the living hell out of anything Audi offers at the moment. So you'll be personally taking delivery of anything comparable to an E55 exactly when, then?

Oh, as far as a fully equipped E55 (with Nav, phone, etc), it's somewhere around $89,000 whereas an RS6 is $88,610 before the phone is installed. I'd say they're about equal when loaded with comparable equipment.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:57 PM

540 6spd
Ha! We are selling the Mercedes-Benz and probably getting the 2004 Audi A8 L 4.2 quattro.

The new M5 isn't even released yet, LOL! The new RS 6 will be here in about two years.
HAHA,
Last I heard the new M5 is expected in about the same time.

Also, although Audi's have had better build quality in recent years, they are still troublesome cars to own. I have an cousin who bought and loved an A4, and his father was impressed with the car as well and leased 3 more for the other family members.
Within a few months all 3 of the cars were traded in because he got sick of having to get them fixed. Audi's also get a black rating in Consumer Reports for reliability, so Audi's also have their flaws as well.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:23 AM

N/A
Originally posted by kaneman
If it's that good when it comes out, I'll happily buy one and hand the E55 off to the wife (unless she wants one sooner). Until then, I'll be extremely happy with the car I have coming next week which, for now, will comfortably beat the living hell out of anything Audi offers at the moment. So you'll be personally taking delivery of anything comparable to an E55 exactly when, then?

Oh, as far as a fully equipped E55 (with Nav, phone, etc), it's somewhere around $89,000 whereas an RS6 is $88,610 before the phone is installed. I'd say they're about equal when loaded with comparable equipment.
I really get annoyed when people make such comments.

Can you please elaborate? "Beat the living hell out of Audi" in what sence? Acceleration in a straight line? LOL! What's the fun in racing in a straight line?? Handling? No. Cornering? No. Grip? No.

So, tell me what you mean by "beat the living hell out of anything Audi has to offer right now."
Old 06-19-2003, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
I really get annoyed when people make such comments.

Can you please elaborate? "Beat the living hell out of Audi" in what sence? Acceleration in a straight line? LOL! What's the fun in racing in a straight line?? Handling? No. Cornering? No. Grip? No.

So, tell me what you mean by "beat the living hell out of anything Audi has to offer right now."
Speaking on kaneman's behalf, I think what he means is that beats the hell out of any Audi as far as his needs go, at the moment.

Kain, what are your needs for the fastest four door volume production sedan in the world? Are you lokking for something that's quick and can comfortably carry a couple of business associates without be ostentatious, something for the family perhaps? No??........... What are you worrying about Audi RS6's and E55's for then, dream about Porsches, Ferrari's and Lambo's like a normal kid.

You are arguing about cars you have no first hand knowledge of, nor the ability to. This is not elitism, just reality. You have read some magazine article and are now presenting such info as a fact.

The FACT is that the RS6 is NOT faster than the E55 around a race track. In FACT the old W210 model with a lowly 350 hp is just as quick.

The FACT is that the E55 is also faster than an RS6 in a straight line.

Have you driven and E55 an M5 or an RS6? Have you driven any of these cars on a race track? Have you even seen timed test results from a track test? If not, you have no real opinion, you are just regurgitating someone elses. So shut up and go away.

Last edited by stephens; 06-19-2003 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:09 AM

N/A
Originally posted by stephens
You are arguing about cars you have no first hand knowledge of, nor the ability to.
Who told you anything about what I am able to do?? Maybe I should start calling you "daddy?" LOL.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:15 AM

N/A
The FACT is that the RS6 is NOT faster than the E55 around a race track. In FACT the old W210 model with a lowly 350 hp is just as quick.

The FACT is that the E55 is also faster than an RS6 in a straight line.
Great, you edited your post.

Where did you get these "facts" from? Yes, everyone knows the E55 AMG is faster than the RS 6 in a straight line, LOL.

The old E55 AMG just as quick as the RS 6? LMAO! That's a good one! LOL!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Next Audi RS 6 will have Lamborghini V10 engine