Sponsored by:

Fuel options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350, 2011 ML350, 2003 996TT
Fuel options

After seeing what happened to Johncy2000, I definitely want to beef up my fuel delivery system. I am wondering if just getting the EC injectors will help protect me in any way or if I really need the TTM rail? Any opinions?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55 1982 300dt
Hey, I'm in your shoes exactly. I'll bet there's a whole mess of us guys who've been driving around with an egg taped to the accelerator pedal since Johnny2000 blew his engine. Yet I can't or won't pay the price for the TTM kit. I'm want it...but I'm stubborn as an ox. Instead of paying the 1650, I went and spent 2300 on a HTP 221 Tig welder so I can make my own. Even though I never tig welded before, I am playing around with welding on old rails, and I've silver soldered some too. When I'm done, at least I'll have a solid tig welder for years to come. The funny thing is, even though if you type in something like "v8 fuel rail" on google images, and are suddenly wowed with zillions of pics of looped fuel rails, I just don't know if I will be able to loop mine in the end...it's almost like what Adam and Eve were facing in the Garden...put whatever you want on your car, make whatever you like for your car, but I command thee..."DO NOT LOOP THE FUEL RAIL!!" that's Bruce's idea. I'm sure if I place that loop of rubber between those dammed rails I'll fall dead the same day. I think I'm going to sell my car. It's just not the same fun anymore. All the joy I once experienced driving my car has been derailed. I feel nervous, like someone has made little voodoo dolls of all the forum members who haven't ordered "the Rail" and is poking me with tiny little injectors. In the past, I could always laugh at the price a particular vendor was asking for a product because in the end, I didn't need it or I could get a cheaper rendition from another source. But this "Rail" is different. I'm loosing sleep. My only out it seems is to "design my own fuel rail. Is it even allright to think about "the loop" ? Is it OK if I use metal for the loop. Please Bruce, tell me I can use metal and you will forgive me. Until then it's all tape and egg for me.