Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:07 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Craig
Thanks for alerting me.....
I checked my vinyl and it was fine......
Luckily there were no scratches and its wide enough to span the roof.
Im surprised at the quotes im getting to install this.....
$ 150+ ? Call me a cheap Canadian but i guess its supply and demand.
To me its no different than applying window tint.
Get a small squeegy, cover it with a soft towel and go to work. Leave the roof closed when you do it so you dont have to stretch over one corner of the roof. Once you are done, cut the excess with blade.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
This is 100% true if you check the product and talk to the vendor before the product is installed. Once it's installed, especiall when you are not there when the shop installs, it doesn't matter how professional the shop is, we have to look to see if the bad is from the product or the mistake is from the shop!

Amen! I never let anyone work on my car without my present. I don't live my life to what people tell me lol
I did speak to him before it was installed, I said it was scratched, under cut and poor quality. Dude then came back and said I should have contacted him and he would have given me a refund, well that is what I did

I supplied my paypal address and have yet to see anything in terms of a refund. I will give it until the end of today, and at that point I will copy and paste my thread into all of his ads on this forum.

I could careless what he thinks, folks need to know how this vendor handles issues with his product and be fore warned. If I could, I would tell that to his face, man to man.

My new wrap was installed and the pics can be seen in the thread called, "Buckhead Imports Winter Massage."
Old 01-20-2012, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Update, Don came through and refunded my money, my beef has been dropped on this subject.

Thank you!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
I bought from Don before... Product was good from what my installer told me but than again I did pay like $75...Glad everything worked out for you
Old 04-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Euros
This thread was brought up to me recently, and before then, I had not even known about it.

Obviously everything has been resolved. However, I just wanted to at least comment in this thread to show that I was not trying to ignore this thread.

Just to be clear, there were a few assumptions that were made in this thread regarding the quality of my vinyl materials. All of the people in this thread who have had actually purchased vinyl materials from me and/or have had me worked on their cars only had positive reviews and comments to say. From what I could see, the other posts commenting about the quality of the material are people who have not bought any materials or have had any work done from me before.

Realistically, I had him a refund by 9:23am PST, and as far as I can tell, that was done before this thread was even made at 10:16am PST. There are two sides to every story. However, this has been long resolved, so there is no need to go any further into it. No hard feelings, as Chawkins2001 even says, I just wanted to post some info from my side.

I think if there were really issues with my materials, integrity, customer service, or any other things which I can be judged on, then I wouldn't still be in business and have had worked on and sold materials for literally thousands of customers and their cars at this point.

I don't have anything to hide. I never have or ask for any threads to be deleted on any of the forums that I am on. I pride myself in knowing that I provide quality honest work and people have the right to know. Feel free to search.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Both sides have posted and both are satisfied....