W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 week of ownership - things to get fixed already...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
I can hang out in any section I want to...It's a free country, and I ACTUALLY do something everyday to keep it that way...what do you do?
just so you know emoving puts his life on the line every day he goes to work. its part of his job. you may not like him but respect that.
as for YOU doing something to keep the country free i respect that but as a vet i dont brag about it. i just did it.
toadster you have very thick skin i commend that. maybe a break from the keybard to let the dust settle? go enjoy your new car!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 AM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
just so you know emoving puts his life on the line every day he goes to work. its part of his job. you may not like him but respect that.
as for YOU doing something to keep the country free i respect that but as a vet i dont brag about it. i just did it.
toadster you have very thick skin i commend that. maybe a break from the keybard to let the dust settle? go enjoy your new car!
How could he be doing such when he's always on here...? I'm assuming with his arrogance he's some sort of LEO, that's maybe involved with narcotics investigations if i had to take a guess.

Well he's banned, it's a good day.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
banned?? LOL!!!!!
guess he really loved this forum board.....
some people never learn, no matter how close they fly to the sun........
Old 02-26-2012, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Originally Posted by infantry
What is a Toadster?
Google says its this.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SOLD 04 E55 Now 93 w124 3.2 sold W210 E55 sold waiting on W211 E63 p030
Wow, banned!!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
That's not called bragging, but I can if you'd like to see what bragging is.

I don't know what emoving does everyday, he's to bitter to carry on a normal conversation. It's too bad really. Nothing personal...I wish we could just drop it.

This thread is just getting more funny with every post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
He probably puts his life on the line every day because of his poor attitude. Is being a dick part of his job?

Originally Posted by BBBSS
Google says its this.

Now THAT is stupid funny...lollllll

I for one prefer Toadster over emoving, as sad as that seems. At least Toadster has a good attitude, regardless of his 11,000 posts.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:33 PM

e55
Every day without emoving is a great day. Im tired of reading threads where every single person has something negative to say. Who cares if you have seen the same question before. If you have then your the best person to answer to answer question, post a link to answer the persons question. Be helpful, its what the site is supposed to be.

Now please go ahead and make fun of how much of a newb i am. i have been on this site since 2008. I deleted my original account because i was tired of listening to all the negative comments on this site. But i came back because there are people in these forums that can contribute positively. Although it does seem to be overrun by useless people who have nothing better to do than to put others down.

Last edited by gaymg; 02-26-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Wow look at all of the bugs coming out of the woodwork.
I like Marcus, his posting style, and i think he contributes to the board.
I don't disagree with a lot said about him, and i can understand why some feel that way. But his comments, posting style doesnt bother me. In fact most of the time I enjoy them....(haters the line begins here?) While i dont know why Marcus was banned, if you ask me, the two other people should have been banned as well for inciting the hate on the SC Pulley thread. They are just as guilty.

I do disagree with the notion that "we are here to help people". Let me rephase that........I dont mind helping a person on this forum and a lot of times I enjoy it. In fact if you ve ever met me in person, im the first dude to help..wrench in hand, lending out my tools, getting the right part to the right person. I'm the one that got Red Bull Junky out to the track........But lets face it at what point do we stop helping everyone that joins? Where does it stop? Maybe we don't answer their question at all .

Maybe we start a seperate section of the forum where N00bs can post without getting verbally abused. Maybe others will offer that help in that section. Everyboard i've been a part of Supraforums, RX7Club, NASIOC (also IB forums) do not tolerate a new poster coming in and not using the search function. Their moderators shut down a thread or move it before the OP gets flamed. You know how many guys post questions on how to swap their NA-T or put a LS motor in a FD? It's no different than answering the SC Pump/Airmatic question over and over again here. And frankly i'm tired of it......
Just because we are "AMG Owners" doesn't mean we are the Automotive Ambassadors.

Telling people to use the search function doesn't incite hate or mean we're too busy being dicks to answer the question, rather it teaches how to learn about their car.

At this point, in which direction does this section of the board want to go?
You know my opinion......

PS the Toadster image had me ROTFL
Old 02-26-2012, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Wow look at all of the bugs coming out of the woodwork.
I like Marcus, his posting style, and i think he contributes to the board.
I don't disagree with a lot said about him, and i can understand why some feel that way. But his comments, posting style doesnt bother me. In fact most of the time I enjoy them....(haters the line begins here?) While i dont know why Marcus was banned, if you ask me, the two other people should have been banned as well for inciting the hate on the SC Pulley thread. They are just as guilty.

I do disagree with the notion that "we are here to help people". Let me rephase that........I dont mind helping a person on this forum and a lot of times I enjoy it. In fact if you ve ever met me in person, im the first dude to help..wrench in hand, lending out my tools, getting the right part to the right person. I'm the one that got Red Bull Junky out to the track........But lets face it at what point do we stop helping everyone that joins? Where does it stop? Maybe we don't answer their question at all .

Maybe we start a seperate section of the forum where N00bs can post without getting verbally abused. Maybe others will offer that help in that section. Everyboard i've been a part of Supraforums, RX7Club, NASIOC (also IB forums) do not tolerate a new poster coming in and not using the search function. Their moderators shut down a thread or move it before the OP gets flamed. You know how many guys post questions on how to swap their NA-T or put a LS motor in a FD? It's no different than answering the SC Pump/Airmatic question over and over again here. And frankly i'm tired of it......
Just because we are "AMG Owners" doesn't mean we are the Automotive Ambassadors.

Telling people to use the search function doesn't incite hate or mean we're too busy being dicks to answer the question, rather it teaches how to learn about their car.

At this point, in which direction does this section of the board want to go?
You know my opinion......

PS the Toadster image had me ROTFL
Nobody comes to this forum to read the intolerance, rudeness or obnoxious posts by emoving. We come here bc we have at least one common theme: cars and AMGs in particular. The last thing I want to read after a hard days work is the BS posted by emoving. I kept quiet long enough.....but enough is enough.

Last edited by jcjmw; 02-26-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Indeed. The OT is always available to those that wish to discuss issues other than the cars. Let's keep the technical forums for members to assist one another. If you don't want to help just ignore. There are many willing to help. A newb has equal rights with other members of this board. Many newbs come on board knowing a hell of a lot. Newb does not = ignorant. Equally 10,000 posts is not a measure of competence.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Indeed. The OT is always available to those that wish to discuss issues other than the cars. Let's keep the technical forums for members to assist one another. If you don't want to help just ignore. There are many willing to help. A Neb has equal rights with other members of this board. Many newbs come on board knowing a hell of a lot. Newb does not = ignorant. Equally 10,000 posts is not a measure of competence.
But you have to admit there has been less innovation and new stuff shared since these punks arrived seeking attention. Maybe their wives or girlfriends need to take care of that and leave the car stuff to those who really care about enjoying their AMG's.

I for one am tired of seeing newbs posting dumba$$ $h1T and then get puffed up when challenged. I know this is the INTERNET and people can say what they want but at least Marcus kept it real by telling these retards to go read and then come back and contribute and get answers to their questions.

TURDSTER you have single handedly taken this forum to new depths because of your depraved indifference to how things are!

UN-BAN MARCUS!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
But you have to admit there has been less innovation and new stuff shared since these punks arrived seeking attention. Maybe their wives or girlfriends need to take care of that and leave the car stuff to those who really care about enjoying their AMG's.

I for one am tired of seeing newbs posting dumba$$ $h1T and then get puffed up when challenged. I know this is the INTERNET and people can say what they want but at least Marcus kept it real by telling these retards to go read and then come back and contribute and get answers to their questions.

TURDSTER you have single handedly taken this forum to new depths because of your depraved indifference to how things are!

UN-BAN MARCUS!
I agree with the above statement.
No other board (with this type of vehicle manufacturer) i know of tolerates this "n00b leniency" by moderators or the board in general.

Note: Did you see how the Bimmerfest Forums come to rescue when their livelihood is threatened.........Like within minutes

But i think it's fair to ignore those posts and contribute to ones made by posters that Im familiar with.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:19 PM

2010 E350, 2011 ML350, 2003 996TT
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx

UN-BAN MARCUS!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Google says its this.

LMMFAO!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
I think some of us have different views of how this board should work. I agree with it is here to share how to's, tips and tricks and help each other out. I know the same old Q's are annoying at times though. I don't see why if you don't like the thread you can't just skip it and let someone else answer. No one is obligated to reply or read anything here. Not everyone is at the same point or looking to do the same things. We were ALL the new guys at some point. As you learn and move on your interests change. The guys that have been around for a while should help the new guys, the guys that have been around a real long time help the guys in the middle, and the oldest people, well we'll watch and ooo and ahhh.

There's room for everyone here from toadster to emoving to me and anyone else. There is no reason anyone should not feel welcome. There will be some ball busting and jokes made. We're car guys, it's part of the fun. Let's all try and respect the others on some level and if something isn't what you care to read about move on to the next thread.

Since people brought up boards that yell at people to search all the time here's my list of where that does NOT happen at all really.

LS1TECH.COM
TBSSOWNERS.COM
CUMMINSFORUM.COM
MFBA.ORG
CHITOWNRACING.COM (I'm a mod there and its ruthless but people still hp with advice)
IMPALASSFORUM.COM
YELLOWBULLET.COM

A few of those are IB boards as well.

Oh and lastly I say brin back EMoving as well. Hopefully he can take it down a notch though. I enjoy screwing with someone once in a while as well, but it can go overboard and start to get old after a while.

Last edited by BBBSS; 02-26-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I think some of us have different views of how this board should work. I agree with it is here to share how to's, tips and tricks and help each other out. I know the same old Q's are annoying at times though. I don't see why if you don't like the thread you can't just skip it and let someone else answer. No one is obligated to reply or read anything here. Not everyone is at the same point or looking to do the same things. We were ALL the new guys at some point. As you learn and move on your interests change. The guys that have been around for a while should help the new guys, the guys that have been around a real long time help the guys in the middle, and the oldest people, well we'll watch and ooo and ahhh.

There's room for everyone here from toadster to emoving to me and anyone else. There is no reason anyone should not feel welcome. There will be some ball busting and jokes made. We're car guys, it's part of the fun. Let's all try and respect the others on some level and if something isn't what you care to read about move on to the next thread.

Since people brought up boards that yell at people to search all the time here's my list of where that does NOT happen at all really.

LS1TECH.COM
TBSSOWNERS.COM
CUMMINSFORUM.COM
MFBA.ORG
CHITOWNRACING.COM (I'm a mod there and its ruthless but people still hp with advice)
IMPALASSFORUM.COM
YELLOWBULLET.COM

Oh and lastly I say brin back EMoving as well. Hopefully he can take it down a notch though. I enjoy screwing with someone once in a while as well, but it can go overboard and start to get old after a while.
I agree very much with you.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:26 AM

W211 E55K, Duc 848

LS1TECH.COM
TBSSOWNERS.COM
CUMMINSFORUM.COM
MFBA.ORG
IMPALASSFORUM.COM
YELLOWBULLET.COM

As long as I can remember being a member here and reading emoving posts/replies, it was usually nothing but negativity/hate. I agree with what most you said, besides unbanning that guy. He doesn't bring much good here ever, it's not like he's a "shardul" or brooke who actually have mechanical/fabrication knowledge. Emoving only knows how to "troll".
Old 02-27-2012, 07:55 PM

2005 E55 AMG
I noticed the seatbelt chime thing too but figured it was too minor to hassle myself with. Afterall, I've owned BMWs before...don't get me started!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by EcruisinUSA
I noticed the seatbelt chime thing too but figured it was too minor to hassle myself with. Afterall, I've owned BMWs before...don't get me started!
LOL- for now I drive either with someone in the passenger seat, or I buckle up the invisible man problem solved
Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 PM

05 E55
what happened to this thread, i thought it was all about hating on the Toadster? Now we're hating on emoving? I can never keep up with these things.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)

LS1TECH.COM
TBSSOWNERS.COM
CUMMINSFORUM.COM
MFBA.ORG
IMPALASSFORUM.COM
YELLOWBULLET.COM

+1, very good post. No comment on EMoving.