Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by lowprofile
lol...I've done the same thing before with my camera!

Strong mph Jake. Way to represent EC!

Once again, Congrats!
thanks man, appreciate it...need to get some skinnies...

gotta love when you wake up people to the amg at the track..there were a lot of wholly craps out there...lol

plus got some good weather and a slight neg da...
Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I'm looking forward to lining up together!

Get that diff in! I'm sure you will get all the pieces of the puzzle to come together next time out. Don't change too much at once.
I'm going to leave the tune like it is for the next track day and see how everything looks. The LSD should help a bunch and im going to take it to my local 1/8th mile and see how the 1-2 shift is and the 2-3 so i should know from there. Might see if i can get everything reset then do some driving to get it to learn too. Are you coming in street trim or race trim? (no seats and stuff) I'm tossing the idea around of trying to take some weight out but i might just run it in street trim thru mufflers just to see how fast it will go like that. Just pray for a nice sunny 50 degree day
Old 03-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Lowpro- that's a great run for street tires and no prep!!!
Originally Posted by loungn14
thanks man, appreciate it...need to get some skinnies...

gotta love when you wake up people to the amg at the track..there were a lot of wholly craps out there...lol

plus got some good weather and a slight neg da...
Nice runs Jake!

People always sleep on the Benz, especially rednecks. Last time I went the guy at tech didn't believe I would run quicker than a 14.0 he kept asking are you sure? Really???
Old 03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
What's the secret to the 1.6 60' time? I just can't do it, either that or the local track sux at prepping (gotta blame someone right).
Old 03-12-2012, 12:48 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
What's the secret to the 1.6 60' time? I just can't do it, either that or the local track sux at prepping (gotta blame someone right).
I wish I knew....

for me its a combo of tire pressure, track prep, weather, burnout and praying...

oh, and not being afraid to break something...
Old 03-12-2012, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
The secret is sticky tires,good track prep and mash it out the hole
Old 03-12-2012, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
no video, my brilliant *** brought the gopro with a dead battery lol. My first run I screwed up the launch and got the ABS error lol on launch (easy fix lol) Lost of cool down and ran the following... Sat in line for a few hours (first weekend it was open and got 2 runs in 5 hours)

60 -1.6679
1/8 et - 7.099
1/8mph - 99.71
1000 - 9.1667

1/4 et - 10.9848
1/4 mph - 128.08
Holy smokes Jake, welcome to the 10 Sec club What wheels setup were you on for this run, and do you know what the temp and DA was, full weight? The panda is both SHO and GO
Old 03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Holy smokes Jake, welcome to the 10 Sec club What wheels setup were you on for this run, and do you know what the temp and DA was, full weight? The panda is both SHO and GO
lmao! Panda indeed!

Had 16" drags and borrowed skinnies.

Temp: 52 degrees and da dipped negative for the day! It was the track season opening, so it was a madhouse. Got 2 runs in...so had ice cold water in the tank as well as the bag on the ec for an hour.

But like blackbenzz said...redneck paradise...I was the only euro. Got my @ss handed to me by a old built mustang first run (he ran a 9 something) and handed a gto his on the second.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
WINNINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!! YOu can only imagine the domestic muscle in my neck of the woods.

I am on alot of local forums, so they now know what is up with a well put together E55. Congrats again, only a select few that have joined that club.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
lmao! Panda indeed!

Had 16" drags and borrowed skinnies.
You still on my old drags?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:12 PM
SPONSOR

WINNINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!! YOu can only imagine the domestic muscle in my neck of the woods.

I am on alot of local forums, so they now know what is up with a well put together E55. Congrats again, only a select few that have joined that club.
thanks homie...they love it when you roll up and say oh one sec let me turn off the message seats...

Originally Posted by AWOL
You still on my old drags?
sort of lol....new rubber, and had the rims worked as they were rubbing my calipers...
Old 03-12-2012, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
The secret is sticky tires,good track prep and mash it out the hole
Yeah, I hear you. I've try three different DR and the best 60' is 1.69 (BFG). May be I need to make a pilgrimage to MIR one of these days.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
I'm going to leave the tune like it is for the next track day and see how everything looks. The LSD should help a bunch and im going to take it to my local 1/8th mile and see how the 1-2 shift is and the 2-3 so i should know from there. Might see if i can get everything reset then do some driving to get it to learn too. Are you coming in street trim or race trim? (no seats and stuff) I'm tossing the idea around of trying to take some weight out but i might just run it in street trim thru mufflers just to see how fast it will go like that. Just pray for a nice sunny 50 degree day
Most likely, I will not be coming down again until the fall, and I will absolutely be ready to rock-n-roll...race trim...no sense in wasting the trip. I only ran in street trim this time because there was no doubt they would have handed me my walking papers after the first pass in race trim.
You are running straight pipe from headers to EC mufflers (4lbs iirc), correct?
Fwiw, you will not gain anything from dropping that. The stock mufflers with resonator is pretty heavy and therefore worth the effort. Especially considering that for the remainder of the year you would have a quite, drone free car, but I suppose that is just a matter of preference. The passenger seat is a no brainer, as well as the battery.

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Yeah, I hear you. I've try three different DR and the best 60' is 1.69 (BFG). May be I need to make a pilgrimage to MIR one of these days.
Which track do you attend? MIR is an excellent track but 1.6s are attainable pretty much anywhere. Next time out, take some video of your burnout and launch.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
[quote=lowprofile;5100059]Most likely, I will not be coming down again until the fall, and I will absolutely be ready to rock-n-roll...race trim...no sense in wasting the trip. I only ran in street trim this time because there was no doubt they would have handed me my walking papers after the first pass in race trim.
You are running straight pipe from headers to EC mufflers (4lbs iirc), correct?
Fwiw, you will not gain anything from dropping that. The stock mufflers with resonator is pretty heavy and therefore worth the effort. Especially considering that for the remainder of the year you would have a quite, drone free car, but I suppose that is just a matter of preference. The passenger seat is a no brainer, as well as the battery.

My exhaust from the mid pipe that bolts from the X-pipe to the tail pipes weigh 16lbs per side so that was where the 30+lbs of weight savings came from plus no cats now so that pretty much makes up for the the weight savings i did have. I think i'm going to run it at full weight and bring tools to take the seats and possibly the exhaust off if we decide to. A mid 10 second car at 4500lbs would be pretty neat and show what it can do on the street to if need be
Old 03-13-2012, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
That would be pretty cool. My only suggestion would be to run your car whatever way you want. No matter what, there will be naysayers. Q16 with added timing, drag radials, and/or nitrous is not what exactly what everyone is going to agree upon as a street trim vehicle. Not saying you don't run your car that way on the street, maybe you do for all I know. The point is, do it for yourself...whatever that is, and don't be concerned with the rest.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:59 PM
SPONSOR

That would be pretty cool. My only suggestion would be to run your car whatever way you want. No matter what, there will be naysayers. Q16 with added timing, drag radials, and/or nitrous is not what exactly what everyone is going to agree upon as a street trim vehicle. Not saying you don't run your car that way on the street, maybe you do for all I know. The point is, do it for yourself...whatever that is, and don't be concerned with the rest.
very good point here...it gets a little crazy with people and numbers too much around here. Thats also the reason I think this is the first time I have ever posted numbers (besides the close friends that know what I run)

Way too many people on here trying to rain on everyones parade, when we all should be working together to better the platform!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
very good point here...it gets a little crazy with people and numbers too much around here. Thats also the reason I think this is the first time I have ever posted numbers (besides the close friends that know what I run)

Way too many people on here trying to rain on everyones parade, when we all should be working together to better the platform!
I feel you both. I just want to try and break the record at full weight if possible and without NOS. I had the car dyno'd on another dynojet after a few people said that certain ported heads make make way more power (600+hp) just to prove i would make over 600hp on another dyno and made 619hp WITHOUT nitrous but i didnt post it because theres always someone trying to rain on someones parade. A big dyno # means nothing to me. I've always been a quiet person when it comes to my car and mods from my street racing days and that's something i really like about BK (lowprofile). He's the record holder and the guy several of us are gunning for yet he still was willing to share info with other people including me but not loud about it either. My big thing is wanting to show everyone that you dont have to strip a car to make it go fast and that's not a crack against those of you that have done it either. My goal this year is to run in the 10.40's and i think i will be taking weight out to get there too.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
A big dyno # means nothing to me.
Bingo! Leave that to the paper racers

As far as BK, he is helping me with ideas as well. Wish we were all like that. We would all be going faster. I try to help when I can, although I won't help a liar
Old 03-13-2012, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Bingo! Leave that to the paper racers

As far as BK, he is helping me with ideas as well. Wish we were all like that. We would all be going faster. I try to help when I can, although I won't help a liar
Imagine how fast we would be going if we all worked together and shared info all the time.....
Old 03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
BK is a class act, hands down. I stop posting about breaking his record, because IMO, I felt it was disrespectful.

The few drag racers on here all know, in their own mind, they want to be king. Why else would you spend all that money, not to run slower.

What it will ultimately come down to very soon is, who has the deepest pockets. Running these cars at 600rwhp is close to the limit of the bottom end, so once you hit a wall in power level, the only other way to run faster will be to gut your car. Once you do that, given good air and temp, most draggers on here will start running the same times. Whether that time is 10.00 or 10.2 or even the current record of 10.59, who knows. It will eventually all level out, until you spend the extra coin to forge the bottom end in order to make more power, then things will start to take off again.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
BK is a class act, hands down. I stop posting about breaking his record, because IMO, I felt it was disrespectful.

The few drag racers on here all know, in their own mind, they want to be king. Why else would you spend all that money, not to run slower.

What it will ultimately come down to very soon is, who has the deepest pockets. Running these cars at 600rwhp is close to the limit of the bottom end, so once you hit a wall in power level, the only other way to run faster will be to gut your car. Once you do that, given good air and temp, most draggers on here will start running the same times. Whether that time is 10.00 or 10.2 or even the current record of 10.59, who knows. It will eventually all level out, until you spend the extra coin to forge the bottom end in order to make more power, then things will start to take off again.
We dont even know the limits of the bottom ends yet. We know we have pistons that are fragile but i've seen and even owned a mustang that I beat on daily that made well over 600 on the STOCK bottom end. These cars are all forged except the pistons so i think 600 might be somewhat safe. I think my car on the nitrous will be close to 700hp so i'm going to see what it does on motor before i decide to spray it again. Hopefully we can get some stout short blocks built soon and really have some fun
Old 03-13-2012, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
If you are refering to the 03/04 Terminator cobra bottom end, they dont count. They have a totally forged bottom end, and have been living at +800rwhp levels for a long time.

They are the exception, if we had forged pistons, I would be all for our bottoms end been bullet proof, with the right tune just like the terminators are.

Only time will tell though, but dont count on it living very long at +600rwhp with hyper pistons.

Last edited by chawkins2001; 03-14-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
[QUOTE=chawkins2001;5100731]If you are refering to the 03/04 Terminator cobra bottom end, they dont count. They have a totally forged bottom end, and have been living at +800rwhp levels for a long time.

They are the exception, if we had forged pistons, I would be all for all bottoms end been bullet proof with the right tune just like the terminators are.

Only time will tell though, but dont count on it living very long at +600rwhp with hyper pistons.[/QUOTE

no I'm talking about the old fox body mustangs and my 94 gt made over 600hp for a year before stepping up to a T-trim vortech and made over 800 before it made a boat anchor of the block. The terminators are pretty much bullet proof with a good tune as you know. There's a local guy here that has a 2003 cobra that makes 500 on the stock eaton and sprays it with a 150 shot almost daily. I wish we had an engine like that
Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
We just worked it out Steve, lets throw a 04 cobra DOHC 4.6 into an E55 Problem solved, make sure you find one with a Liquid Cooled Kenne Belle Mammoth blower kit on it..... Good for 800rwhp all day long. Then we could throw a 200 shot on there to bring it up to a cool 1000rwhp.....
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
We just worked it out Steve, lets throw a 04 cobra DOHC 4.6 into an E55 Problem solved, make sure you find one with a Liquid Cooled Kenne Belle Mammoth blower kit on it..... Good for 800rwhp all day long. Then we could throw a 200 shot on there to bring it up to a cool 1000rwhp.....
I told Ahmad we need to put a LSX into his car and throw a turbo on it
I'm a die hard Ford guy but the LSX line up is great to. So many things interchange and are cheap to make huge power. My contractor dump trucks all have 6.0's in them and i just changed a motor last week myself and had the old motor out and the new motor in and running in 6 hours. The new motor was $3200 complete with intake and injectors all i had to do was plug everything in. I think we need to find some old donor cars and put a terminator motor in one and a LSX in the other.....Now that would be fun

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1/4 times & Modifications