A little Help Please with my Sirius

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seeking an 04'-06' E55 AMG
A little Help Please with my Sirius

Hello All,
So, I recently purchased an 2004 E55 AMG and I wanted Sirius/XM radio. The previous owner must not have had Sat Radio, the reason is when I push the SAT button, I get the "No Satellite Radio" that comes up on the Command/Radio.

I went and purchased the SAT Receiver and bracket from Potomac Auto.

YES, it is pre-wired for SAT, as the connector is there with two Farkra Connectors too. I went and followed the instructions that I found here and I installed the SAT Receiver and antenna. The SAT Antenna I am using is the micro dot that is sitting under the rear, by the subwoofer.

I am very confused about the MOST connector and cannot find out what I am suspossed to do with it. I as posting pictures from what it looks like before I did anything, then I connected it to another connector in the harness.

I read Moosejaw's post and he says about the MOST connectors but different colors. My MOST connectors are all the same color, ORANGE, as seen in the pictures.

So, I connected the MOST connector from the front or CLOSEST to the REAR of the CAR to the connector in the back of the electronics box or the side from the front of the car. PLEASE see pictures for more details.

Now, am I crazy. Shouldn't the Command see it and should it say that it is found. Because as of now it is still saying, "No Satellite Radio". Do I have to take it to someone with the STAR DIAG. or shouldn't just show up already. Anyone have any ideas.?

Thanks all in advance for any help.

Stephen

By the way, I am new here and new to MB's, I am a former BMW M3 owner. PLEASE don't flame me.

Sorry everyone, it will ONLY let me post 6 pics at a time, so I will make another post with the final 2 pictures that I have. They are all in order from beginning to end. Meaning that the first picture is STOCK and NEVER touched. The last pic in the next post is the last post of what MOST connectors I connected together.
Attached Thumbnails A little Help Please with my Sirius-img-20120407-00074.jpg   A little Help Please with my Sirius-img-20120407-00075.jpg   A little Help Please with my Sirius-img-20120407-00076.jpg   A little Help Please with my Sirius-img-20120407-00077.jpg   A little Help Please with my Sirius-img-20120407-00078.jpg  

A little Help Please with my Sirius-img-20120407-00079.jpg  
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 PM

Last two pictures. Please see previous post for the details about it.

Thanks all.
Stephen
Attached Thumbnails A little Help Please with my Sirius-img-20120407-00080.jpg   A little Help Please with my Sirius-img-20120407-00081.jpg  
Old 04-07-2012, 11:28 PM

Ok, just so whomever can help needs to know. I am sitting in the trunk taking the pictures, therefore the front or bottom of the picture is the closest side to the REAR of the car. The top of all the pictures is the back of the REAR SEAT, or the closest to the FRONT of the car.

Thanks all for understanding and the help.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I rarely post here but i see no yellow fibers like in this photo

There are electronic places in your neck of the woods that can do this for you
It concerns me that your wiring looks different, Dont know what to say???
Old 04-07-2012, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by moosejaw
I rarely post here but i see no yellow fibers like in this photo

There are electronic places in your neck of the woods that can do this for you
It concerns me that your wiring looks different, Dont know what to say???
Thanks Moosejaw for the quick reply. I live in NY, the burbs of NYC, yet I am currently in South Florida near Palm Beach down here to take care of my Mom who needs surgery. So, I am down here for a few weeks if someone knows anyone near the Palm Beach Area in Florida, I would appreciate that.

Thanks again for the reply and the help. Could the wires me buried and wrapped in the harness.? Should I try to open up the harness to see if there are the Yellow one's.?

Stephen
Old 04-07-2012, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Look for that yellow wire
Im in miami if you want to come look at my steup
Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Bump
Old 04-15-2012, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Bump
Yes Yacht Master, I still have not figured this out, as I told you yesterday at the AMG Private Lounge Event. It was nice meeting you there yesterday too. Thanks for the help and please keep my posted as to your time frame. I should have that ipod kit in a few days.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Oh, by the way, who was that gentleman Pat again. Is here on here too.? Just wondering where he is located in Hobe Sound.?

Stephen
Old 04-15-2012, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stephen,

I looked around a bit and found this info,

https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...-into-c55.html

I think your next step is to make a list of all the star mods you would like because I think you need to have some star work done to make your sat rad work.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by StephenSNY
Yes Yacht Master, I still have not figured this out, as I told you yesterday at the AMG Private Lounge Event. It was nice meeting you there yesterday too. Thanks for the help and please keep my posted as to your time frame. I should have that ipod kit in a few days.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Oh, by the way, who was that gentleman Pat again. Is here on here too.? Just wondering where he is located in Hobe Sound.?

Stephen
Patrick E here,
https://mbworld.org/forums/members/25963-pte.html
Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 PM

Well, after visiting the local dealer, they gave me the Star Bulletin on it. I saw more pictures that they had and were not on the original PDF posted here. I went and re-checked all of the connections and bang, there it was sitting in front of me. I found what I needed to do and BINGO it works.

Who ever said the Micro Antenna works in the truck is full of it. The Micro Antenna works best outside of the trunk.

Nice to have my SAT RADIO.

Thanks go out to all that helped me with this and for all of your time too. This is a great place and I do appreciate it guys.

Yacht Master, I am ready whenever you are for the ipod install......Let me know, I am still in South Florida for the next week or two. You are the man.

Stephen
Old 04-23-2012, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
The microdot antenna works just fine, i have ZERO reception issues
Old 04-23-2012, 10:23 PM

Really guys....Come on, I had mine in the trunk and it would NOT work at all. It only worked once I put it outside and on the car/window.

If your antenna is inside your trunk, then post a picture. I brought one of those Micro Antenna's and it WILL NOT WORK INSIDE THE TRUNK. Also, if you put INSIDE of your trunk it will face down, NOT UP.

Let's see this proof guys. As I tried it and it would not work for me.

Unless you guys have a magical micro antenna, then maybe I should get one of those. For now, mine is outside of the car and works perfectly.

Not trying to start anything, it is called trial and error. Mine is clearly not user error.

I will take pictures tomorrow and post them for all to see.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Really guys....Come on, I had mine in the trunk and it would NOT work at all. It only worked once I put it outside and on the car/window.

If your antenna is inside your trunk, then post a picture. I brought one of those Micro Antenna's and it WILL NOT WORK INSIDE THE TRUNK. Also, if you put INSIDE of your trunk it will face down, NOT UP.

Let's see this proof guys. As I tried it and it would not work for me.

Unless you guys have a magical micro antenna, then maybe I should get one of those. For now, mine is outside of the car and works perfectly.

Not trying to start anything, it is called trial and error. Mine is clearly not user error.

I will take pictures tomorrow and post them for all to see.

Yeah actually it is user error, no one ever said put it in the truck, we said put it under the rear deck in the subwoofer grill so that it can see the sky thru the rear window.

Mine is that way and it works PERFECTLY
Old 04-24-2012, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Hey my antenna works inside the trunk
I didnt know you still had this problem but i knew the problem was right in front of you
Glad you fixed it!

BTW my car is still in the shop awaiting the vacuum leak and getting tuned
Old 11-09-2014, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e320
sirius satellite install

Well, after visiting the local dealer, they gave me the Star Bulletin on it. I saw more pictures that they had and were not on the original PDF posted here. I went and re-checked all of the connections and bang, there it was sitting in front of me. I found what I needed to do and BINGO it works.

Who ever said the Micro Antenna works in the truck is full of it. The Micro Antenna works best outside of the trunk.

Nice to have my SAT RADIO.

Thanks go out to all that helped me with this and for all of your time too. This is a great place and I do appreciate it guys.

Yacht Master, I am ready whenever you are for the ipod install......Let me know, I am still in South Florida for the next week or two. You are the man.

Stephen

I know this is an old thread but can you point to where you found the yellow cable im having the same issue I cant find it anywhere, also what do I connect it to once I find it? Thanks for your time