W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After pinning, dyno tune, driving 100 miles, new look at the 195mm RTR pulley wobble

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
[quote=emoving;5155345]Typical MBworld jokes!

Originally Posted by gaspam

LOL, I think it is Amber! She is probably some UFC biach that could woop all our *****!
well, i think would let her whoop me all night long
Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 (wifey) SC'd E39 M5 (me)
Originally Posted by BustedKnuckles
Ive never posted on here before, hell i've never even made an account until now. But all the misinformation no hard facts or evidence is out of control. I couldn't agree more then with the post above. I know i'll be bashed but frankly don't care what Chawkins has to say, ive always skimmed threw the forums in my free time here at the shop when works slow. And just for some backround I work and have worked at a mercedes dealership now for over 9 years and work on a few of the local SLR's, v12tt's, and uncountable 55's. This whole pulley debockle is comical. I mean Chawkins your pulley fell OFF on the dyno right after install, your installer BIP installed it wrong not a doubt in my mind for a second. The damning evidence there is that after they told you the crank snout was okay and smooth was again wrong and a lie, did they dismantle the front engine cover mic the end of the crank and compare it to a new crank for tolerances??? No im sure they didn't. So you DONT know if the crank was any good, which again im positive it wasnt. So further more they pin your crank......And magically the pulley staid on for what your saying is dyno runs, a 100 miles and yes it has wobble but didnt come off yet, so thats about 100 times longer then it originally staid on, any common sense would tell you they did not have it on correct the first time. Secondly how many pulleys have you had on your car how many times did they incorrectly install the previous one was the key way checked each time surely not. So the way I see it is that even if you put back on a 180 factory hubbed pulley the same outcome would be inevitable, bad install = bad crank = bad outcome no matter if its pinned, keywayed, or welded on the damn crank. No way ever does a pulley come loose spin the keyway and the machined fit and finish is the same period. Seems BIP tried to cover there mistake and Pinning the crank is not the anwser once the crank has damage, If anything I would be pissed at them as well for doing that. Further more about 6-7 years ago mercedes has a huge recall campaign on ML500's and 320s that had what they considered to be faulty pulleys thousands were replaced, and I can tell you that even at the dealership I work at 5 came back within a 4 month period to where the recall had started where the pulleys came loose from techs in the shop not getting the torque correct even though they were following the mercedes specs and procedure. And those pulleys dont have nearly the resistance of the 55 with the kompressor belt and oversized pulley that you guys are running. Dude just man up stop being a baby and either fix your car or leave it in the garage. Your modding your car, your mixing parts from different vendors/people, your personally not doing the install so you have jadded information from all angles. I know there's another member on here with issue's and you can try and coincide your mishap with his but here im just addressing you and your situation based on all your previous posts, threads, and comments.
You've never posted here under this screen name sounds more accurate.....

I don't have a dog in this fight either, I know very little of the E55 world, but I do know quite a bit about the integrity of BIP and it's owner, Jason. He has been in this business long enough to know HONESTY is the best policy. If it WAS an install error, they would have said so, and made it right. They currently have my E39 M5 and are installing an RMS SC Stage 2 kit on it which I am flying down to pick up next week. I am a machinery mechanic by trade. The equipment I work on is 10x as complex as an automobile, so NO ONE touches my car but me. BIP is the first because I trust them unconditionally.

I think it is ridiculous for a "first time poster" to come on here and make such accusations.

Other than that, good luck Craig, maybe I will see you next week at the shop. If not, see you in June at TF.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
And Toad says????.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2006 E55, 2006 saab 93 aero, 2010 glk 4m
Service advisors are not techs at RBM

if this guy works at RBM of atlanta in the tech dept then i wonder which one it is??

http://www.rbmofatlanta.com/about-us/meet-our-team

I am betting its Curt Cunningham as he looks pissed!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nanayaw6
ok thanks for clearing that up
Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Thanks brotha, I could not have said it any better. I look forward to sorting this mess out, and seeing you guts at TimmayFest. I will try to swing by the shop when you pick your beast up just to see the look on your face.

Originally Posted by Timmay77
You've never posted here under this screen name sounds more accurate.....

I don't have a dog in this fight either, I know very little of the E55 world, but I do know quite a bit about the integrity of BIP and it's owner, Jason. He has been in this business long enough to know HONESTY is the best policy. If it WAS an install error, they would have said so, and made it right. They currently have my E39 M5 and are installing an RMS SC Stage 2 kit on it which I am flying down to pick up next week. I am a machinery mechanic by trade. The equipment I work on is 10x as complex as an automobile, so NO ONE touches my car but me. BIP is the first because I trust them unconditionally.

I think it is ridiculous for a "first time poster" to come on here and make such accusations.

Other than that, good luck Craig, maybe I will see you next week at the shop. If not, see you in June at TF.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac

if this guy works at RBM of atlanta in the tech dept then i wonder which one it is??

http://www.rbmofatlanta.com/about-us/meet-our-team

I am betting its Curt Cunningham as he looks pissed!
Gentlemen, in the interest of full disclosure, so you don't think the staff here is randomly banning people, I would like to share this.

Upon investigation of some of our newer "members", it has been determined that BustedKnuckles, Malones Perf. and mxzxracer16 are all the same person. Assuming that Malones Perf. is a veiled cover for Malones Performance of Marietta, GA., then it would be utterly despicable of this person to pretend to be an employee of the competitor, which I would assume is RBM of Atlanta.

So, to summarize, it seems that RBM has no knowledge of this thread, or possibly this site. The offending parties usernames have all been banned.

If you choose to do business with this outfit, do so at your risk, knowing that they are NOT vendors or sponsors of MBWorld.

MBWorld is in no way related either company.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Scott, there is 0 chance what you are saying about Malone's Performance is true. I know Adam personally, and he does not have that in him to behave like bustedkbuckles. That person does work at RMB NORTH in Alpharetta GA and we know his name. Totally two different people.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Loll this is getting as crazy as the flyers/penguins series!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
10-3 gotta love it...ppl were leaving as soon as the 10th goal happened...

I would take out Crosby just in case they wanna beat on him
Old 04-18-2012, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by Malones Perf.
Whoa guys chill out!!! Craig man dont let Bustedknuckles get to you. I know Craig, and furthermore Jason's shop does do good work for anyone believing otherwise. Craig ill shoot you a text I think I know who BK is if he is from RBM.
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Gentlemen, in the interest of full disclosure, so you don't think the staff here is randomly banning people, I would like to share this.

Upon investigation of some of our newer "members", it has been determined that BustedKnuckles, Malones Perf. and mxzxracer16 are all the same person. Assuming that Malones Perf. is a veiled cover for Malones Performance of Marietta, GA., then it would be utterly despicable of this person to pretend to be an employee of the competitor, which I would assume is RBM of Atlanta.

So, to summarize, it seems that RBM has no knowledge of this thread, or possibly this site. The offending parties usernames have all been banned.

If you choose to do business with this outfit, do so at your risk, knowing that they are NOT vendors or sponsors of MBWorld.

MBWorld is in no way related either company.
Ya Im pretty sure Busted and Malones is not the same person at all..
Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Loll this is getting as crazy as the flyers/penguins series!
It always makes me smile when I remember how big of a hockey fan you are. . .

now. . .back to the
Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Scott, there is 0 chance what you are saying about Malone's Performance is true. I know Adam personally, and he does not have that in him to behave like bustedkbuckles. That person does work at RMB NORTH in Alpharetta GA and we know his name. Totally two different people.
+100000 Malone's performance did some work on my car and they seem like stand up guys and were recommended to me by another vendor on MBWorld.

I cannot see them as being the same person as bustedkbuckles , unless their account was hacked and it really wasnt them writing
Old 04-18-2012, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Wow, this thread delivers... just wish folks could figure out how to actually quote one another successfully.

Regarding the topic of this thread - it's obviously touchy, but among all the banter I think there are really some valid points being made. In the end, it's all about priorities.

If one primarily wants reliability, leave the car stock, or go with something extremely "tried-and-true" like a Kleemann K2 package or something, installed by an authorized K dealer, and call it a day.

If one primarily wants to chase dyno/track records, thereby mixing and matching a hodge-podge of aftermarket parts and including some new-to-market hardware in the mix like a gazillion mm crank pulley from a small, upstart tuner... well, it's great when it works - but should it really be that huge of a surprise if it doesn't?

Regardless, these sorts of situations are unfortunate, and hopefully a satisfactory resolution can occur amongst all parties (owner/installer/manufacturer). My $0.02.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
LoL, this thread is insane. And wouldn't it be a little crazy if Malone's Perf and BustedKnuckles are the same person? It doesn't make sense to me but, Adam are you bipolar or something? haha. He is offering to help Craig and they have each others number and Craig has rode in Malone's Perf (Adam's) CL65 so I don't see why Adam at the same time would be bashing Craig under the Knuckles username?

I bought my E55 from Adam and can confirm that he runs Malone's Perf a Mercedes repair facility and the mxzxracer username was his personal name prior to making the Malone's username to post under. That mxzxracer is his email I spoke to him on before purchasing the car and talking on the phone.

With the limited amount I talked to Adam on the phone and through email as well as meeting him in person I would never suspect Adam to act like the BustedKnuckles name though, especially since you can read that Adam (Malone's Perf.) is offering to help Craig while Busted is trashing him.

Out of curiousity how was it determined those 3 usernames were all the same person, from an ip address? It certainly raises a little suspicion that you mentioned both of those other usernames as the same person because I know they are both Adam (he barely made any posts on that mxz one a while back and that name isn't in this thread) but man it would be weird having that third name be him too.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by motorkas
It always makes me smile when I remember how big of a hockey fan you are. . .

now. . .back to the
Lets go Caps!!!!!!!!

Back to your regularly scheduled programming
Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Received 507 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Ya Im pretty sure Busted and Malones is not the same person at all..
Maybe they just share the same IP address to save on their monthly internet service?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Well, I guess 0 chance is a greater chance than you think.

If these are different people, then they share a computer and an email address.

What do you think the chances of that are?

Beyond that, it is a known fact that Adam maintained dual usernames, a violation of the TOU, as well as using his Malones username for quasi-commercial purposes (representing a dealer). The Good-Cop/Bad-Cop imitation he did cost him.

Last edited by ScottW911; 04-18-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS

Old 04-18-2012, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55

Ooooooooooooooooo! I'm interested in seeing if you got them by MAC address...very hard to spoof that without access to the same network card.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by Rock
I am very confused by this thread. Can someone please tell me who/what is Red Tooth Racing? I see a web site that offers no phone number or physical address. I also see an E-bay account that has absolutely no feedback. Why would anyone in their right mind deal with this kind of company? I am obviosly missing something.

After a little more research it seems that this may be a product offered by a Shardul? Is this accurate?
I'm sorry, but this post was brilliantly executed
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
That other site.

I hear it's a breeding ground.
Yuck! I believe everyone takes turns anally impregnating Moosejaw. He is the reproducing Queen Bee
Old 04-19-2012, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by AMazinGocity
There is so much misinformation being spred about this entire situation, that I felt compelled to say a few things. I have known Exotic for a very long time- throughout the years of forum posting when most of you weren't even in diapers. He is bar none one of the most respected people in the performance industry. Period. Every major forum knows who he is, and he is always one of the first people to raise the technical level and be willing to spread his knowledge and information to any one who asks. This forum was pathetic in the sharing of info before he bucked the trend. Everyone knows Shardul is also a stand up guy, enough that the opposition to his treatment on this board created such an outcry that the mods had to retreat, reinstate and do major damage control. Can't say that would happen for many other members, so to even implicate that they should in anyway be responsible for this is disgusting.

It is ludicrous that people have the audacity to say that they need to step it up. This is racing - and a racing industry. Things break, cars break, and peoples egos break. It sucks. But to brandish a pulley as causing the fault of these failures is fine if that has been proven, but to date that is not the case.

First of all - Chawkins - your "first" pulley failure was pretty well documented that the installer missed the keyway - causing the pulley to spin off. Clearly, there was damage done enough that you drilled and modified your "second" pulley- in essence - rigging it. Your installers should have pulled it apart and inspected it before another pulley was put on.

You should not buy it - because that version of the story is not exactly accurate. Blending your story with Steve's is a stretch.

People refer to this pulley as a bolt on design - but EVERY pulley is a bolt on design. It is the crank bolt that is at issue here, not the ring bolts. Were new bolts used on every install? Did anyone check that the crank bolt was still tightened to the proper torque? Clearly not, if the crank bolts are backing out and then a pulley is backing off, wobbling, spinning or coming off -then no one is checking these things. These are torque to yield bolts and require very precise installation, over tightening or under tightening (easy to do) can ruin the bolts purpose. What tools or methods were used to do the install? Poor tools, like strap wrenches can cause major issues as well. So there is alot of additional information that needs to be forthcoming to make your accusations and wrants even partially justifiable.

These are aftermarket parts- used on cars with the sole intent of gaining more horsepower or racing, look on every forum, people race, people break, but they don't whine and cry and expect the world to replace their stuff for free. Grow up - it's racing - there's no warranty for that. Seriously- if your lugnuts come loose and your wheel flies off are you going after the wheel company?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:29 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by Rock
Maybe they just share the same IP address to save on their monthly internet service?

Wow, same computer/IP address... How do you argue those facts.
Great detective work!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:29 AM

04 E55
ok i gotta chime in now.. i realize this is my first post but have to say Adam is NOT busted knuckles. i currenty work at Malones i know for a fact that its nobody here.. Most you know Adam is a stand up dude. Actualy Adam and I were reading this thread yesterday and couldnt beleive how out of control this thread has gotten.. We tried to log in as busted knuckles and do a password reset to try get his name. As i have worked for rbm and have a few ideas of who it could be. but admin saw a FAILED login attempt from our IP and assumed it was adam.. ill probably get banned now too cause im on this ip now.. lol .. But what adam stated earlier still stands.. If any of you would like us to check out your cars and pulley situation we would be more than happy too..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: After pinning, dyno tune, driving 100 miles, new look at the 195mm RTR pulley wobble