Sponsored by:

Stock fuel system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
Stock fuel system

How much nos/hp can a stock fuel system handel? I see dad63 is running a 200 shot but I don't know if he changed injectors, fuel pump, or fuel pump? What jets are you 63 guys using and do you know what hp you are getting. Right now I am using a .55 nitrous and . 40 fuel and I am getting about 88 rwhp after they pulled some timming off my car. I want to put some race fuel and bigger jets. Thanks
Old 04-24-2012, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Whoever tunes your car should be able to tell you
Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by 93turbocoupe
How much nos/hp can a stock fuel system handel? I see dad63 is running a 200 shot but I don't know if he changed injectors, fuel pump, or fuel pump? What jets are you 63 guys using and do you know what hp you are getting. Right now I am using a .55 nitrous and . 40 fuel and I am getting about 88 rwhp after they pulled some timming off my car. I want to put some race fuel and bigger jets. Thanks
I'm not a nitrous guru but a .055 would only need around a .030 jet on the safe side. The .040 is way too much extra fuel and that's costing you power also.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 AM

'04 E55 AMG
The safest way is to use a dedicated tank with its own fuel pump and fpr to feed the fuel solenoid. This way you are not relying on the vehicles fuel pump to feed the injectors and the nitrous system. You will also be able to run racegas in the fuel cell and regular pumpgas in the vehicles gas tank.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 AM

2007 E63
i did the tuning when eurosport came to miami so my car was on the dyno and i had a .38 and we did a run and Jerry said it was a bit lean so we put the .40 and it was perfect. i asked around before the tuning and everyone told me i had enough jets to reach the 125 rwhp but with the jets i had i was only able to get a 40 shot. i am sorry but i dont know his name but there was a guy with a white e55 that was running e85 THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE JETS if not i couldnt have gotten anywhere near what i got. I want to squeeze some more out of my car but i dont know what jets to put. Also remember that the jets you put on an 55 is not the same as a 63 because you are also cooling the intake from the compressor. i see dad63 is running a 200 shot so i want to try to get around a 150 shot maybe a little more.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I know the difference between n/a and s/c with NOS. I ran anywhere from a 150-225 shot on my GTO and i know the 150 shot took a .063 nitrous and .034 fuel. I know at one time i was running a .074 nitrous with a .040 fuel. Maybe it has something to do with the tune or rail pressure dropping. Like someone else said its also a good idea to run another fuel cell for the nitrous and if you want to get crazy you can even run straight methanol for the fuel but then you will need alot more fuel going into it. Depends on how serious you want to get with it.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Pm sent 93turbocoupe.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
I've been itching to know this.....does anybody know if the traction control system on our cars cuts fuel or spark? Or put another way, can the system run safely with the traction control 'on' and active?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 PM

2007 E63
Remember it also has to do with your fuel pressure. Your gto my of had a higher fuel pressure or maybe you had a regulator to bump it up. My mechanic told me my fuel pressure is 35psi and I really trust him. I know other people have done this before. I don't want another tank for fuel or methonal I still have warranty on my car so I want it as simple as possible so if I blow it up I will tell them I don't know what happened. I haven't done a launch on spray because a lot of people tell me i should be at least at 2500 rpm but with traction control on it hooks up prefect. I hope to go to the track this week so we will see how it goes
Old 04-25-2012, 01:38 AM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
I'd run a separate fuel cell IMO. Also I'd run a better fuel in the nitrous enrichment tank. Nitrous jetting is all totally dependent upon what nozzle, what fuel psi and bottle temp. Typically 950psi is recommended or 92 degrees bottle temp. A ten lb bottle weighs about 14 lbs 12 oz empty. I always run about 1 pound low when I fill mine. I never go more than 23.8 lbs for full bottle weight. It gives a little room for the nitrous to expand without having a huge dip in pressure when you activate the nitrous.

Blowers and nitrous work very well together. The tuning window becomes small but with the correct timing pulled, spark plugs and fuel pressure, the motor should have no problems. Depending upon where the fuel/nitrous is injected it can cool the intake air charge significantly adding even more power.

Activating nitrous too early in the rpm range can cause the motor to stall and flooding the motor/blower/intake with nitrous and upon restart cause an explosion.

I wouldn't rely upon the stock fuel system to provide fuel pressure IMO.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by 93turbocoupe
i did the tuning when eurosport came to miami so my car was on the dyno and i had a .38 and we did a run and Jerry said it was a bit lean so we put the .40 and it was perfect. i asked around before the tuning and everyone told me i had enough jets to reach the 125 rwhp but with the jets i had i was only able to get a 40 shot. i am sorry but i dont know his name but there was a guy with a white e55 that was running e85 THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE JETS if not i couldnt have gotten anywhere near what i got. I want to squeeze some more out of my car but i dont know what jets to put. Also remember that the jets you put on an 55 is not the same as a 63 because you are also cooling the intake from the compressor. i see dad63 is running a 200 shot so i want to try to get around a 150 shot maybe a little more.
It was Eurocharged, not Eurosport And the guy who owns that white E55 with nitrous was named Frank but he isn't on the forums. I am David and also had a white E55 there and helped you change your jets.

To the others out there, Jerry had him install the bigger fuel jet to keep the air/fuel safe closer to 11 than 12:1, and the car actually didn't lose any power at all when he switched the last fuel jet in, it was identical if I remember right but the air/fuel looked much better. And he pulled timing from the car so there isn't really a need to run race gas. This wasn't a ***** to the wall tune with lean mixture and no timing reduction only to be ran on race gas with the nitrous, it was safe.

Last edited by urbamworm; 04-25-2012 at 06:48 PM.