Old 04-27-2012, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Their website looks very familiar design as RTR

http://www.ultimatepd.com/
http://redtoothproducts.com/

None of them has phone contact number, I smell capitalism here....
fixed a bit

you guys know Brooke/Shardul better than I do - they seem to be the guys slinging the guts to get everyone the glory...

"the bleeding edge" got it's name for a reason - I don't believe this pulley is in that realm, but rather an optimization of the existing solution provided by the OEM with the OEM bearing, and a lighter pulley jacket around that bushing... one cars test isn't fully conclusive, but there are dozens out in the field now...

I'm not here to promote/condone/disrupt anyone's business here - nor take away from the pain of broken parts
Old 04-27-2012, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55,cayenne turbo, supra, sti
I thought they just sold their just 10, besides the test unit, and you haven't even installed your yet.

If I am wrong please correct me but it is my pet peeve for false information to be presented to prospective buyers
Old 04-27-2012, 01:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 E 450 4 matic wagon, cadilliac CTS AWD performance ,2018 VW Tiguan SUV 2006 CLS55 030pkg modded
smaller sc pulley

Well , once again some performace parts company has come out with some parts that makes more power for us 55'ers . Here again untested by a neutral party of course , no one has their parts on their car, they have no phone # , just some email if it works , Power claims unsubstantiated, fellas just send them your money and they send this magical part that's going to help u "KICK EVERY CARS *** ON STREET AND STRIP.. Give us a Brake.. Badm

I agreed will previous writer charly E500 when 50 people buy it and their cars don't blow up , than I'll call u . Wonder why TTM , Kleemann , Renntech , and other tuners have miss this one off "MOD" wonder why .
Old 04-27-2012, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
This looks like the same owners as Redtooth Racing if you ask me. Fly by night company, with no physical address, no actual phone number to talk to someone, the original thread describing the product started by Brooke, and sold by both Brooke and Shardul or probably eBay too.

Let the members make the descision for themselves, but this is a mirror image of Red Spoof Racing pulleys, so keep in mind what ADMIN ScottW211 said, Caveat Emptor..........
Off topic, But did'nt you know all this in advance as far as address,info backround. You have been in the car game long enough to know how far along this company has come right? It sucks they wont warranty there product and help you out but its gonna suck trying to get any help from them when there is no help. Either way good luck.

Originally Posted by berti_00
ohhh sweet deal... yah screw the stock sc clutch mine is perfect as of now but soon as a dozen people install them and give feedback i'll get one too
Agreed, If not 30 to 40 cars lol. i don't have another 10g's to spend on overhauling another motor lol.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by badm
Well , once again some performace parts company has come out with some parts that makes more power for us 55'ers . Here again untested by a neutral party of course , no one has their parts on their car, they have no phone # , just some email if it works , Power claims unsubstantiated, fellas just send them your money and they send this magical part that's going to help u "KICK EVERY CARS *** ON STREET AND STRIP.. Give us a Brake.. Badm

I agreed will previous writer charly E500 when 50 people buy it and their cars don't blow up , than I'll call u . Wonder why TTM , Kleemann , Renntech , and other tuners have miss this one off "MOD" wonder why .
So true my friend and we wonder why MBWorld DOES NOT have outside venders without a backround. All the Venders on here Pay a fee if im not mistaken but at the same time they are obligated to put out quality work & products cause there name is on the line.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by gsxrguy
I thought they just sold their just 10, besides the test unit, and you haven't even installed your yet.

If I am wrong please correct me but it is my pet peeve for false information to be presented to prospective buyers
The first post I saw started last November

and I believe they had to do a production run of 100 pulleys to get things rolling... I'm sure there are more than 10 sold, I was #14 (or so) and lots sold after that...

Kauve's #'s are real and show that 15k of miles on it so far...

Last edited by ScottW911; 04-28-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by Toadster
The first post I saw started last November

and I believe they had to do a production run of 100 pulleys to get things rolling... I'm sure there are more than 10 sold, I was #14 (or so) and lots sold after that...

Kauve's #'s are real and show that 15k of miles on it so far...

I think its about 30 pzs sold......... just wait people install them with better feedback. (specially members who are not in Texas) Good luck Toad. We are waiting for your result and please do before dyno and after. I trust you in reviews since you are in NorCal.

Last edited by ScottW911; 04-28-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab

Well I do NOT have a dog to hunt on this issue, but your reading skills must be small my friend.

If you bothered to read this thread at all, you would have seen that a member here has already quoted that they have 15000 miles on one.

Next the power claims, hello dyno on page one

Again, I do not have anything to loose or gain from this thread, but you need to read the whole thread before posting, IMHO.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:25 PM

Mercedes
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Yup ! that's why if your SC clutch is gone or bearing you can upgrade this smaller SC. If you want to stick with stock SC clutch Dealer quoted close to $1K.
So you are saying that this comes with the pulley/bearing and ALSO the electromagnetic friction clutch (the part with the 2 wires going to it and has friction material)? Or is it just the pulley/bearing (which has the machined flywheel surface on the back)?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 210e55
So you are saying that this comes with the pulley/bearing and ALSO the electromagnetic friction clutch (the part with the 2 wires going to it and has friction material)? Or is it just the pulley/bearing (which has the machined flywheel surface on the back)?
Here you can read it yourself.

Last edited by ScottW911; 04-28-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
LOL
what's nice is the guy who already have a crank pulley can add this for even more power - so it's a double pulley upgrade for some
Toad, you make this assertion, but have no numbers like you do for the pulley only upgrade. Do you know of anyone already running a larger crankshaft pulley who has done this and if so, what were the gains? I'm interested...thanks.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:41 PM

Mercedes
Yeah, I saw that thread. It doesn't specifically say in there either. From the pictures it looks like it just includes the pulley and bearing, not the actual clutch (friction material) like people are implying.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Wonder why TTM , Kleemann , Renntech , and other tuners have miss this one off "MOD" wonder why .
Don't be ignorant. Carlsonn came out with a smaller S/C pulley when the M113K platform was first introduced. It was written up in European Car magazine years ago:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tuned/...amg/index.html

Quoting from the article:

"The stage-one upgrade from Carlsson of Germany was chosen to start the quest for more power. The Carlsson CK55 performance kit consists of a smaller supercharger pulley and a matching engine management upgrade to remove the car's top-speed governor and ensure the air/fuel ratio was kept in line. The kit also contained a high-flow air filter and the signature shaped rear mufflers emblazoned with the Carlsson logo. These upgrades increased the max power rating to 446 at the wheels."

Other tuners opted to go for the larger crank pulley instead of the smaller supercharger pulley because it was much easier to source a stock MB crank pulley and then add a bigger ring to it, as well as offering the possibility of making more boost my increasing the ring size than by reducing the size of the S/C pulley.

History has shown how difficult it is, even for experienced professional mechanics, to correctly R&R the crank pulley. It is too early to tell whether this latest version of a smaller S/C pulley ends up working well, but it certainly seem less fraught with risk than having your favorite mechanic botch your crank pulley install.

I don't think this smaller pulley comes with any type of warranty, just like the none of the big name tuners offer warranties on their pullies, either. Seems to be a lot of confusion on this point.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
Originally Posted by 210e55
Yeah, I saw that thread. It doesn't specifically say in there either. From the pictures it looks like it just includes the pulley and bearing, not the actual clutch (friction material) like people are implying.

New Pulley next to the old one?
Old 04-27-2012, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by bnzuovr
All the Venders on here Pay a fee if im not mistaken but at the same time they are obligated to put out quality work & products cause there name is on the line.
Obviously, FEDOR DEZYN predates your time on this board. IB doesn't screen its vendors; they cash their checks and then only reluctantly ban them after the vendor has already screwed the requisite number of people. I could name other vendors of this ilk as well, but what's the point?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by komp55
Obviously, FEDOR DEZYN predates your time on this board. IB doesn't screen its vendors; they cash their checks and then only reluctantly ban them after the vendor has already screwed the requisite number of people. I could name other vendors of this ilk as well, but what's the point?
i came aboard and remember bits and peice's of Vadim's B.S. You maybe right about cashing there checks but it is better to see a sponsored vender that has a place of business, phone number to call and if it is a reputable place of business has a insurance policy that would protect and cover situations like chawkins and amgrocket are having, at least in most cases it would. I don't know about you or anyone else but i would rather take my chances with a Vender on here versus a car enthusiast/fabricator to (MOST LIKELY) resolve a bad situation the proper way. I say "most likely" cause anything is possable with any Vender/Company it can go both ways but i would take my chances with a Business. Just my opinion.

Last edited by bnzuovr; 04-27-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
All I can say is stay away from Brooke/shardul/Red tooth racing/UPD and what ever they decide to name the next BS company. When something goes wrong they will promise to help anyway they can. Then when you ask for help they don't. I've texted Brooke several times with no response. Now tomorrow starts my $10k plus rebuild because of buying that junk. Brooke is on here to make money and use us as his testers to see if things work or not plain and simple. How many engines has he gone thru already. Now I see why they have a stock pile of them down there. Look on the bright side though. Hopefully if this pulley fails it dosent wipe out an engine. And I highly doubt that test car has 15k on it after getting the pulley not too long ago. I put 50-60k on my truck a year and know what's its like to drive 5k month.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
All I can say is stay away from Brooke/shardul/Red tooth racing/UPD and what ever they decide to name the next BS company. When something goes wrong they will promise to help anyway they can. Then when you ask for help they don't. I've texted Brooke several times with no response. Now tomorrow starts my $10k plus rebuild because of buying that junk. Brooke is on here to make money and use us as his testers to see if things work or not plain and simple. How many engines has he gone thru already. Now I see why they have a stock pile of them down there. Look on the bright side though. Hopefully if this pulley fails it dosent wipe out an engine. And I highly doubt that test car has 15k on it after getting the pulley not too long ago. I put 50-60k on my truck a year and know what's its like to drive 5k month.
That's why I mentioned want to see results from members that are not in Texas ! I trust someone like Toad who is perfect in doing all kinda of reports. And for 15k miles is a lot in that short period of time.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
Kauve has had the pulley since January - it's late April... 15k miles is an awful lot in 4 months, but it must be all the runs to Mexico
Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Kauve has had the pulley since January - it's late April... 15k miles is an awful lot in 4 months, but it must be all the runs to Mexico
Do you really believe 15k miles in 4 months ??
Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 PM

Mercedes
Originally Posted by aghakauve

New Pulley next to the old one?
Was that the only part included with the purchase? If so, then the clutch is not included. The clutch is a separate part that mounts behind the pulley and has 2 wires coming out of the housing on the passenger side. It is not part of the pulley assembly. The pulley has a flat machined surface on the back for the clutch friction to mate to.

Just trying to figure out if a new oem clutch will also be needed with this if the clutch is worn.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:09 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Hey members!!! Are you getting tired of all the immature whiners and thread jackers, that target the best members ,, so they can start up there own non supporting vendor products? Some of these guys brag on other forums about how many injectors and other products they have sold behind the scenes on this board, just so they can take everything they can from Bruce at TTM and other vendors, because they spread the same miss-information about him and others as well. Flashing money, bragging of taking sales from vendors, misleading members is just another sign of immense whining immaturity.. So, As Scott the Admin said, Buyers beware.

Shardul and I have been long time technical members and everyone who knows us, know that help everyone and most of all stand behind what we do and test for others. We both have talked to thousands of AMG members and you all know we are honest and up hold a high level of integrity. We all strive to keep our AMG 55 format growing and alive!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Hey members!!! Are you tired of getting ripped off and sold junk parts and when they break that person wants to run away from the problem? I am. How many RTR pulleys did you sell from MBworld. How many ported heads,sc pulley,powder coated parts, and the list goes on. Why don't you return a text message? Why trash talk Bruce TTM then act like your his best friend? Come on Brooke keep showing people who you really are. Why not answer the simple questions since your such a stand up guy and help everyone out so much? What happened to you doing Everything you could to help me out with my pulley? No refund,no crankshaft, no return text messages??? Yea you are such a great help on here. Why don't you become a sponsor and turn UPD,RTR into 1 company and become legit? Maybe because you don't want anyone to have any type of recourse when they get ripped off.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:51 PM

e55
e55amgrocket, what would you do if someone blew a motor and your injector was the cause of it? I asking because, I want to know if you going to replace the motor.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
I have a ?, is Shardul running the SC pulley? Dont take the ? out of context, just curious if he has any personal experience with this pulley on his car since he is the "go to guy" when it comes to any inquiries regarding this pulley.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The S/C Pulley Thread to end all Pulley Threads