Went to pickup my car and found this!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E63
Originally Posted by nardeezy@yahoo.
Sounds like Fletcher Jones?
No, I bought my c350 from them and went to take it in for service. When I pulled up one of he service guys was arguing with a lady about damaging her SL. Needles to say I turned around and never looked back lol.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1M, F550M, F550B, F40, S600, 365GTC, DBSx2, etc.
Which dealer is this? Help other Bay folks stay away.

zenB-sedecreM - are you of legal driving age?

--Dan
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
This thread has me cringing as I am going through the same "it will be ready tomorrow" game, supposedly I will be picking up my car tomorrow. Even before reading this thread I thought something like this has happened to my car.

I hope you get everything resolved.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
PPG makes a special line of clear coat for our cars to restore the anti-scratch properties. Bet dollars to donuts they resprayed with regular paint on you.

PPG - Deltron D8105 is what they should be respraying the car with for clearcoat. I'm about to go in for repairs on my E55 and was researching this. I would politely demand they use this. Not all shops are comfortable using this stuff so be careful. Ask to see the paint bottles before you turn the car over for repairs. You don't want to be buffing the car with 2 different sets of compounds or having someone use the aggressive stuff for the anti scratch parts then get to the soft regular paint and have it eaten alive.

http://www.ehom.co.rs/files/PPG%20Ceramiclear.pdf

Last edited by BBBSS; 07-17-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
SL55, S500
What are they thinking returning a damaged car to you with a cracked windsheild and that you wont notice it?

Also doesn't the dealer make a checklist of the car and notes every scratch and ding before you bring it in, so no new "MAGICAL" scratches appear out of nowhere. That paper is your evidence.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by bobafett
Which dealer is this? Help other Bay folks stay away.

zenB-sedecreM - are you of legal driving age?

--Dan
Yes.
bobafett - are you of legal driving age as well?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:18 AM

W211 E63
Got my car back last week looks good but now, my rear window switch is not working. Called MB USA talked to a case manager waiting for the dealer or MB to contact me. I will call them tomorrow and follow up. Oh while it was in there for scratches that piece on the tranny needed to be replaced so that was done at least they split my deductible with me. This whole experience has made my wife not want a MB lol, I can't blame her. I'm going to get her a car on Sat and it will not be a MB! I'll keep you guys posted and let you know the details as soon as this is over. Who knows maybe they will redeem themselves some how.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

so what dealership is it?
Old 07-18-2012, 01:53 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by MoFetti
Got my car back last week looks good but now, my rear window switch is not working. Called MB USA talked to a case manager waiting for the dealer or MB to contact me. I will call them tomorrow and follow up. Oh while it was in there for scratches that piece on the tranny needed to be replaced so that was done at least they split my deductible with me. This whole experience has made my wife not want a MB lol, I can't blame her. I'm going to get her a car on Sat and it will not be a MB! I'll keep you guys posted and let you know the details as soon as this is over. Who knows maybe they will redeem themselves some how.
Sadly, and it happens in a lot of cases, but it's a shame when a dealership and it's service or lack-of taint a brand.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

FTP-E55///AMG
Very long story short....

Similar Situation at MB Dealer:

We brought our E55 in for a dealer service and Star check, When It was done:

-Came up from the service department with EVERY lug bolt loose on the front wheels 2 missing. (Wheels were about to fall off.)
-Rear Airmatic Suspension Was DUMPED in the back (Looked like airmatic Failure)
-1.5 inch Scratch THROUGH the paint on the Dr Rear door (This car Has not one rock chip or Scratch) (While now it does.)

Called S/A: You will have to speak with Service Mgr.

Called Mgr: NOT even a call back for 2 weeks. (NEVER GOT ONE FROM HIM PERIOD)

Emailed Mgr: His Response: "My Employees are very trust worthy, I have spoken with the tech, And he says he did not scratch your car. And your car was parked in a place where it was impossible to be scratched."

Called MB USA: We are MB USA they are a Franchise, We deal with Manufacture parts problems. We will call MB for you and try to see whats going on and have them call you.

MB USA CALLS: We spoke with the dealer and they said you Are a performance shop, Which means you race this car right? When racing don't you switch tires? The dealer says you must have left them loose at a track prior to coming here.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
I refuse to go to the dealer unless its warranty work. Pretty bad experiences even having warranty work done at the dealer. Two tries to change a valve cover gasket. A year later same gasket is leaking oil again. So basically 3 times to change PS valve cover gasket in less than 12k miles.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:13 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
jesus!!!! I hate hearing stories like these!!
hope those ***** do the right thing and fix their own **** up
Old 07-18-2012, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by FT-Performance
Very long story short....

Similar Situation at MB Dealer:

We brought our E55 in for a dealer service and Star check, When It was done:

-Came up from the service department with EVERY lug bolt loose on the front wheels 2 missing. (Wheels were about to fall off.)
-Rear Airmatic Suspension Was DUMPED in the back (Looked like airmatic Failure)
-1.5 inch Scratch THROUGH the paint on the Dr Rear door (This car Has not one rock chip or Scratch) (While now it does.)

Called S/A: You will have to speak with Service Mgr.

Called Mgr: NOT even a call back for 2 weeks. (NEVER GOT ONE FROM HIM PERIOD)

Emailed Mgr: His Response: "My Employees are very trust worthy, I have spoken with the tech, And he says he did not scratch your car. And your car was parked in a place where it was impossible to be scratched."

Called MB USA: We are MB USA they are a Franchise, We deal with Manufacture parts problems. We will call MB for you and try to see whats going on and have them call you.

MB USA CALLS: We spoke with the dealer and they said you Are a performance shop, Which means you race this car right? When racing don't you switch tires? The dealer says you must have left them loose at a track prior to coming here.
Steve,
You let too much time go by by waiting two weeks for a response
I would have been in their face everyday. When you let so much time go by, the less of a issue it becomes. Missing two lug nuts is a serious safety issue, they could have been liable for. Obviously some noob was in charge of removing the tire and forgot to torque the lugs down.
Mercedes employees are as trustworthy as the service advisors that work for them. If they are so trustworthy, why do the MB dealerships have a high turnover rate (at least down here they do)
Old 07-30-2012, 04:05 PM

W211 E63
Update: I called the owner who had the GM and Service Manger call me. They were shocked! They refunded me my money (pretty awesome) also offered to do some other stuff. THey were really good guys, but it was to late. I sold the car on Sat and picked up at 2012 commuter to sit next to my wife's 2012 she got the weekend before. Now to decide on my next speed fix car. I just might go Factory Five and build it myself, hmm a boss motor in a AC Clone....would rape!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
up side

I had my car in for service once and it was taking a little longer than it should. Finally the SA calls me and informs me that when they were doing the detail on the car one of the guys doing it dropped the buffer on the hood and dented and scratched it.

Long story short, they discounted all the service work, repainted the entire hood and they apologizes profusely.

I've been going to this dealer for 20 plus years, they all know me and always take care of me. Escondido Motors in So Cal.