Sponsored by:

The e55amgrocket/injector discussion and smack-down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Steve, My installer saw the diff right away and showed me, and showed kustomas well, Bosch make over 21 different spray patterns but you have the same ones at TTM, ya ok, secondly you did contact at least one person for sponsorship of some kind but again stop trying to deflect that you did wrong, try to fix your mistakes and wrong doings instead of playing defense because it's not working at all
Old 05-23-2012, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
I'm done with this thread, i've voiced my opinion and showed proof that if someone wants to install these injectors correctly and the way AMG intended them to be installed, you have to use pigtails. Straight through plastic Ford adapters do not work.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Originally Posted by xpl0sive
if someone wants to install these injectors correctly and the way AMG intended them to be installed, you have to use pigtails. Straight through plastic Ford adapters do not work.
100% true
Old 05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Hey explosive:

I have NO dog in this hunt, but from your own pictures, did you even TRY to rotate the injectors a little? That picture you posted REALLY does look like they would work just FINE if you simply rotated them 20-40 degrees. Just saying.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
if you read my long post, you would see that the injector cannot be rotated without pushing the clip out of the groove. if the groove went all the way around the injector like the stock injectors, there would not be an issue. but with the EV14 injectors, the groove does not go all the way around, so there is only one way to have the clip in place. therefore Steve is suggesting not using the clip, which is something i'm not willing to do.

like i said, if I could have saved myself $50 on pigtail adapters and made the injectors work with the Ford adapters, believe me I would have done it. I tried every which way possible to have the injectors fitted with the adapters, and there would be absolutely no room for the wiring harness to clip in.

i didn't just quickly try to fit them, say **** it they don't fit and started screaming on the boards. i worked on it for half a day, then posted about my issue on the other forum, and another member was kind enough to OVERNIGHT me his pigtail adapters so I could get my car back together.

I'm not mad at steve, these issues come up all the time when you are modding vehicles. Custom parts don't always fit and there are ways of fixing it. I just want Steve to admit that using the Ford adapters without the factory clips is not the proper way of doing it.

Last edited by xpl0sive; 05-23-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Do your hw before you buy something. Steve was selling these for less than cost. Stop your *****ing, or you should have bought them from TTM.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Originally Posted by urbamworm
This is intense and you guys are nutso! Mad I tell you lol

I have met Kustom a couple times, and man Eddie I didn't know you had this in you! And man I think I remember hearing from Elliot that this hulk character is from around there by you guys but haven't met him but my god, dude you are acting like a nutcase!

I will say, I am going to have to disagree with you. The injectors I have seen pictured that TTM sells and the injectors here in question are both Bosch injectors. The newest style of injectors offered, which are called EV14, this displays the body type of the injector no matter how much they flow. So the injectors are exactly the same.

Now I can not confirm since I have not had them in my hand or done testing but I would be willing to bet that TTM did not use the Bosch EV14 injector bodies and have a custom flowing injector made. They are most likely even the exact same 550cc injector that anyone out there can buy. And that little clever TTM sticker glued on is covering up the part number of the injector so you don't have the ability to see for yourself that you just bought a Bosch 550cc injector at a premium.

I really have one simple question for anyone who couldn't install these saying the adapter for the connector hit the rail or "they don't fit." That question is................wait for it.......

Why in THE HELL didn't you rotate the injector outward so the connector faced out?

A fuel injector does not have a "right way" to be installed as far as what direction that connector faces. It slides in to your rail and in to the manifold with a round o-ring. And those little clips the slide on grooves of the injector and on the rail don't even have to be on the injectors either. I threw them things away about 6 years ago on my other car when I installed bigger injectors and have had 3 or 4 different sets in the car without them. In fact a set of Bosch EV14 725cc injectors at this present time.

LMAO David, have no Idea where to begin addressing your comments. Your way out of order. We've met 3x. I'm generally a nice guy. Why would you take away anything negative from the few times we met. Would you like to see me in a bad mood...say the word or carry on.

I had TTM and Steves injectors in my hands and can unequivocally say that they are not the same injectors, not even close. Pay for the tear down of my motor and Ali's (the person that purchased Steves injectors from me) if you want to see for yourself. If they are the same I will pay for the work and any denomination you put forward. This goes for anyone else that doubts what I say.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Note: If someone here can tell/inform me that they are a directional pattern and MUST be in a certain position, this would have worked, IMHO

Note: I have changed MANY injecotors in my life, and have NEVER seen an arrow on one for direction, just saying, maybe these have one, IDK.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by Hulk
Ya UW you met me, you were not there yesterday and don't know what kind of a d*ck Steve was on the phone, and the injectors do not have the same spray pattern Eddie, me and installer all saw the difference between the 2
I have? Assume you were at the tuning day in Miami? Did you have the E55 there? I talked to a few guys, but don't know anyone's screen name that was new to me so guess I don't know which one you were.

If you truely saw the injectors didn't spray the same then maybe Bruce in fact did use a different spray pattern offered by Bosch or wherever rocket gets his from has a different pattern on the 550cc injectors.

Spray pattern aside (if in fact they are different( the injectors should still have no problem going in and being rotated outward to clip the plug on. Why didn't you guys do this? I realize some people aren't as knowledgable as others when it comes to engines and this type of stuff, but if someone was installing them that is an "installer" they should know they could rotate them. You do not have to have those little metal clips on the injectors. Like I said, I have been running without them for 6 years in my A4 and at higher fuel pressure also than the E55 has. The fuel rail holds the injector down in to the manifold, it isn't going anywhere.

Last edited by urbamworm; 05-23-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by kustom2k1
LMAO David, have no Idea where to begin addressing your comments. Your way out of order. We've met 3x. I'm generally a nice guy. Why would you take away anything negative from the few times we met. Would you like to see me in a bad mood...say the word or carry on.

I had TTM and Steves injectors in my hands and can unequivocally say that they are not the same injectors, not even close. Pay for the tear down of my motor and Ali's (the person that purchased Steves injectors from me) if you want to see for yourself. If they are the same I will pay for the work and any denomination you put forward. This goes for anyone else that doubts what I say.
Okay, that is VERY fair IMHO.

May I suggest clyinderhead as the moderator
Old 05-23-2012, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Originally Posted by urbamworm
I have? Assume you were at the tuning day in Miami? Did you have the E55 there? I talked to a few guys, but don't know anyone's screen name that was new to me so guess I don't know which one you were.

If you truely saw the injectors didn't spray the same then maybe Bruce in fact did use a different spray pattern offered by Bosch or wherever rocket gets his from has a different pattern on the 550cc injectors.

Spray pattern aside (if in fact they are different( the injectors should still have no problem going in and being rotated outward to clip the plug on. Why didn't you guys do this? I realize some people aren't as knowledgable as others when it comes to engines and this type of stuff, but if someone was installing them that is an "installer" they should know they could rotate them.
You can't rotate them like stock injectors or they can pop out, that's why I have said install them properly and safely, also we met once and you now are coming off as a know it all , especially when you weren't there yesterday nor did you actually hold both injectors in your hand
Old 05-23-2012, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03SL55
David knowing it all and pretending to be a know it all are two different things. You cannot mount the injectors with the clips correctly fitted to the injector. Did you install Steves injectors in your car?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I had TTM and Steves injectors in my hands and can unequivocally say that they are not the same injectors, not even close. Pay for the tear down of my motor and Ali's (the person that purchased Steves injectors from me) if you want to see for yourself. If they are the same I will pay for the work and any denomination you put forward. This goes for anyone else that doubts what I say.[/quote]

You said the spray pattern was different right and that you seen it yourself. How did you test the spray pattern?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
You know what Steve I'll get the video from the installer if he still has it, furthermore, you have the same exact ones as TTM, well let me ask you this, when you look at the injector from where it sprays out, are yours the same pattern as TTM?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03SL55
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
You said the spray pattern was different right and that you seen it yourself. How did you test the spray pattern?[/quote]

Steve, done playing word tag with you. Your connectors do not fit the way you represented. All of sudden you need to put them in without clips or if you want to use the clips they cant/wont be seated correctly. My offer stands, pay up or shut up.

Your too infantile to understand what I'm expressing here. You keep coming back with you can "make them fit" half *** horseschit.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
For those of you who are in disbelief because of how honest Bruce has been to you that the injectors are not the same, Please read below :

Here is my injector that I sold with "Bruces 1 off TTM" injector on top of it.

Notice:

-Both O rings are exactly the same color
-All Part numbers are 100% EXACTLY the same (The ones he did not Shave off)
-Bruce shaved off the part number in the middle and Glues a TTM sticker over it
-Bruce removed the orange plastic Clip from the top of the "TTM" injector (To disguise it?)
-Both injectors have the same dual 6 nozzle spray pattern

Don't Always believe everything someone tells you. He's is in the business to make money. Bosch is also in the business to sell millions of injectors. They don't make a custom injector for someone to sell 50 sets for people with mercedes.

What do you think now?

2 Attached files| 164KB
Old 05-23-2012, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
You said the spray pattern was different right and that you seen it yourself. How did you test the spray pattern?

Steve, done playing word tag with you. Your connectors do not fit the way you represented. All of sudden you need to put them in without clips or if you want to use the clips they cant/wont be seated correctly. My offer stands, pay up or shut up.

Your too infantile to understand what I'm expressing here. You keep coming back with you can "make them fit" half *** horseschit.[/quote]

Come on tell us all how you tested the spray pattern. You said you tested it right? Guess i proved your liar huh.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am not trying to make anyone mad about anything, I was stating that if I were to take anyones side it would be yours since I actually "know" you since we have met before. But since from what is being said and shown in pictures of the injectors and my background with a boat load of wrenching on my own cars, I know how injectors can be installed. I didn't understand why the injectors weren't turned outward.

It seems to be as simple as someone fearing that since the factory put it one way, then it can't go another and with that reasoning the injector install was limited by the metal clips. Those clips not allowing the injector to rotate enough caused a problem, but for fear that running without the clip it has created a huge problem for a few people that did not need to exist.

I am sorry if you or anyone doesn't agree with me about not using the clip, but I have been doing it for a long time, plain and simple, they are not needed.

Again, I am not trying to make anyone upset, the answer to the "problem" just seemed so simple to me so that is why I said what I said.

You can't rotate them like stock injectors or they can pop out, that's why I have said install them properly and safely, also we met once and you now are coming off as a know it all , especially when you weren't there yesterday nor did you actually hold both injectors in your hand
How can they pop out? Are you meaning the metal clip will pop off? The injectors themself when pushed all the way up in to the fuel rail and then tightened down in to the manifold can not go anywhere. They are seated at the top and bottom, and like I said above this is exactly what I do with my other car using no metal retaining clip holding the injector to the rail.

Since I don't even know which person you are that I met I certainly don't know your background in wrenching or knowledge for engines but you can safely run the injectors without the metal clips on them. I can understand some people being hesitant to do something if they haven't done it before or if it is not exactly like some design from the OEM but it can be done and you should be able to rest comfortably at night with those clips off.

If you think my statement makes me look like a know it all I am sorry, I just have been working on engines for many years (my own or friend's) and for 2 years worked on engines everyday as my profession.

And so I can put a face to your name here which guy were you or what car was yours? The silver one that did 505whp? All the others I can remember I know who they are on here. So that must be you?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
No didn't have anything tuned that day, when you come back for whatever I'll go there and I'll introduce myself to you... on that note, did you hear about the tuner that was tuning an E55 that the injector sprayed all over the headers on a pull and it caught fire? Do you blame the tuner or the moron that said it's ok to put the injectors without the clips?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No didn't have anything tuned that day, when you come back for whatever I'll go there and I'll introduce myself to you... on that note, did you hear about the tuner that was tuning an E55 that the injector sprayed all over the headers on a pull and it caught fire? Do you blame the tuner or the moron that said it's ok to put the injectors without the clips?
Oh ok you were hanging out without the car, gonna drive me crazy knowing I met you but don't know who you are.

As for a fire incident, no I haven't heard about it. I certainly am curious to how that could have happened though if it came from an injector and not something else like a fuel line fitting or line itself.

As for blaming someone, why would you blame a tuner for a mechanical problem? So no I would not blame the tuner, and I don't know anything about the incident so I can't say that an injector caused the problem, how the fuel leaked or how something was installed to point blame on anyone.

So you are saying a car had injectors installed and they didn't put the clips on and that caused the problem? If in fact you are well I would say not seeing it in person I don't know if they tore an o-ring installing the injector causing a leak, or if they tightened the rail down all the way down or who knows what else could have happened. All I do know is I run injectors myself with the clips in a trash dump some where and have been for a very long time.

With this being said, I am going to relieve myself from this thread. Not trying to become part of the **** storm, just wanted to point out the injectors can be turned for the connectors to be fitted on, they don't have to be angled a certain way and the metal clips don't have to be on there. That is all.

Last edited by urbamworm; 05-23-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
the injectors do in fact move without the clips. the fuel rail DOES NOT bottom out on top of the injector. i know this because there is room to push the injector in way past the point of where it would clip in. the injector also does not bottom out in the manifold. without the clips in place, you are just asking for trouble. I hope nothing happens to your car, but that's not the risk I'm willing to take with my vehicle
Old 05-23-2012, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
^^^^^^^ correct
Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
UW ,the person blamed the tuner until it was found out it was the injector because he took advice that the clip is not important, big mistake
Old 05-23-2012, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
UW ,the person blamed the tuner until it was found out it was the injector because he took advice that the clip is not important, big mistake
And who is this mysterious tuner? I'm still waiting on your reply about the spray pattern too and the people i called asking for free stuff and to sponsor me. Looks like your just a nut swinging liar. When you come up for air from Kustoms sack let me know.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xpl0sive
the injectors do in fact move without the clips. the fuel rail DOES NOT bottom out on top of the injector. i know this because there is room to push the injector in way past the point of where it would clip in. the injector also does not bottom out in the manifold. without the clips in place, you are just asking for trouble. I hope nothing happens to your car, but that's not the risk I'm willing to take with my vehicle
Ok one more post, the injectors will be able to rotate slightly if you try to spin them with the rail tightened down all the way if that is what you mean by move. I guess I could have used poor wording when I said with rail bolted down they will go nowhere. What I meant was they won't come out of the spot they are in (top in rail, bottom in manifold). Yes you are correct they don't bottom out, the o-ring is like a press fit in to the manifold and fuel rail holding the injector in place.

And to be clear, I did say I run injectors with no clips in my A4 in previous posts, but I will say it again. I run injectors without clips holding them to the rail in my A4, not the E55, my E55 has the red injectors you can buy from Eurocharged which don't have a need to remove the clips. I installed a set of Bosch 440cc injectors in 2006 with no clips and then after that ran some Bosch EV14 custom flow injectors (it was a secret with scratched off numbers like TTM is doing), then ran some Lucas 830cc big body RC Engineering style injectors and finally some Bosch EV14 725cc injectors, all with the clips removed in my A4.

Hulk, I guess it is natural to always blame the tuner if something ever happens to your car, kinda like how people run their car for a year just fine then they blow it up some how and blame the tune like the tune magically changed one day, but when it comes to something like that fire happening, I don't know how you could blame a tuner for that? Unless you are using tuner as in the person who did work on the car and I am using it as someone doing software modification not wrenching.

Ok, take care guys, hope everyone calms down a little because all the hostility accomplishes nothing so you are getting yourself all worked up for nothing. Just relax and smile a little Everyone goes through some rough spots and there are misunderstandings that excalate to heights that don't need to be reached when all the emotions are running wild.

Lets all just hug it out?

Last edited by urbamworm; 05-23-2012 at 04:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The e55amgrocket/injector discussion and smack-down