The e55amgrocket/injector discussion and smack-down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by ScottW911
The injector discussion from the RTR pulley thread has been separated out to this thread now, to keep the other thread on topic.
May I suggest you establish a "Whining" Sub-Forum where all people who have allegedly been wronged by some nefarious vendor or board member may plead their cases? Maybe we could have a return to a slightly higher signal-to-noise ratio on the regular forum again if all the accusations and name calling were limited to the Whining forum.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
Am I the only lucky person here that bought Steve's injectors and was able to install them without problems????

People keep telling it does'nt fit but it did fit on mine no problem!

Damn... I am the lucky one!
Hey Kustom and side kick tag along.. Did you not read this

And what about the other guy who said it was a tight fit, but he got them to work.. Just disregarding those posts

I find it hard to believe two guys got them to work, yet your set didnt work
Old 05-23-2012, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
komp, being dissatisfied with the interaction and subsequent lack of resolve on Steves part to help mend the issue, I found it necessary to call him out after being subjected to his negative response.

Steve put me in a bind at the 11th hour. I have read many posts where buyers weren't happy. Did I EVER post my .02. The answer is no. I was not privy to all the information so how could I have a subjective determination to who was right or wrong. All I can do is post and share my experience. I've washed my hands of the issue and leave everyone to come to their own conclusions.

This was the only avenue afforded to me, you call it whining, I call it being fkd over and sharing. The folks that know me, know where I come from and what I've been through to attain what I have. Money is secondary, the main issue is the way Steve carried himself. When there is a person in need, you put your pride on the shelf and help, he offered non, as in zero and took a defensive poster immediately. Shows his true character.

Ak, eh nevermind.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
so will this guy give me a refund or what ? i told him to PM me. I dont want these injectors it they dont fit.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Pm him and don't fall for the bs
Old 05-23-2012, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Why is the electrical connector hitting the fuel rail? That connector is suppose to angle away from the fuels rail. That install is wrong!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I look forward to doing a DIY install guide to prove how stupid both of you really are. If they were "junk" why did you buy them and why did you sell them to another member? I mean that would also mean you were selling junk right? Do you think I care that you don't think I set the record without nitrous? I don't and the last time I looked nitrous or not I can't find anyone that's ran faster. You and your butt buddy can keep hating all you want. After I make a DIY post on how they do fit what will be your new excuse? Let me guess they just happened to build your engine different right?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Can't wait to see the DIY
Old 05-23-2012, 12:43 PM

E55 AMG
Post pics of from the top pls! You can see clearly from the pic that the install is wrong.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Steve listen, i see you brought up my name saying that I never responded. we've got multiple people here saying that these adapters don't fit. i posted pics on the other forum to prove it. believe me if i could have made them work, i would have.
problem is, there's only two ways to turn the injector. when you compare the 550cc injectors to the stock ones, you will notice that the stock injector's clip groove goes all the way around the injector. that way after the clip is installed, you can turn the injector any way you want. not so with the 550cc injectors. there are two ways to have the injector facing, both are 180 degrees apart. one way it faces the rail and the other way does not work. so, if you want to install these injectors correctly, with the clip sitting in the groove properly, that leaves no room for the adapter. i did not want to turn the injector and have the clip come out of the groove because i did not want to risk having an injector pop out of the rail and have fuel spraying down to my hot headers.

reason I never got back to you was because the refund you wanted to give me was not worth my time to package up the connectors, drive to the post office, pay $10 for postage and wait for a $21 refund from you. I paid you $450 for the injectors and then I paid another $56 for pigtail connectors to make the injectors work.

You can say that we are all retards and we are too stupid to make the adapters work, but at the end of the day, you just end up looking like a moron. If I were you, I would not offer any more excuses and just tell people who's adapters did not fit to send them back for a refund, that's all...
Old 05-23-2012, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
here are the pics i posted before for those who didn't see them

Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Exactly, like I said make them work properly and safely, not doable, Steve is a scammer!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
i wouldn't go so far as calling him a scammer. he provided some parts that didn't fit and he offered a refund for those who wanted it. not like he took people's money and ran away with it without sending the injectors, that would make him a scammer
Old 05-23-2012, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03SL55
Originally Posted by xpl0sive
Steve listen, i see you brought up my name saying that I never responded. we've got multiple people here saying that these adapters don't fit. i posted pics on the other forum to prove it. believe me if i could have made them work, i would have.
problem is, there's only two ways to turn the injector. when you compare the 550cc injectors to the stock ones, you will notice that the stock injector's clip groove goes all the way around the injector. that way after the clip is installed, you can turn the injector any way you want. not so with the 550cc injectors. there are two ways to have the injector facing, both are 180 degrees apart. one way it faces the rail and the other way does not work. so, if you want to install these injectors correctly, with the clip sitting in the groove properly, that leaves no room for the adapter. i did not want to turn the injector and have the clip come out of the groove because i did not want to risk having an injector pop out of the rail and have fuel spraying down to my hot headers.

reason I never got back to you was because the refund you wanted to give me was not worth my time to package up the connectors, drive to the post office, pay $10 for postage and wait for a $21 refund from you. I paid you $450 for the injectors and then I paid another $56 for pigtail connectors to make the injectors work.

You can say that we are all retards and we are too stupid to make the adapters work, but at the end of the day, you just end up looking like a moron. If I were you, I would not offer any more excuses and just tell people who's adapters did not fit to send them back for a refund, that's all...

This^^^^^

Hence the you can "make them work" garbage spewing by Steve. You shouldn't have to "make them work". Clearly not plug and play. Steve foot in mouth. How's it taste. You should have done the DIY before becoming a shadow vendor and selling a product that needs to be *finagled (see definition) to work.

finagledpast participle, past tense of fi·na·gle (Verb)

Verb:
  • Obtain (something) by devious or dishonest means.
  • Act in a devious or dishonest manner: "they finagled over the fine points".

Last edited by kustom2k1; 05-23-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Ok, at best scumbag, basically he throws stones when it SEEMS like it happens to him but he has been doing it all along too, for example, I sell you a product and you say well it doesn't work and I say ok send it back and I'll give u less than 10% back, I would be a scumbag
Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 PM

05 crossfire w/SL55 drivetrain installed by Rudy Compart Intake/Needswings best et-10.76 @ 129
Thanks for the info, not only will I not be buying anything from this person, I also put him in the no contact, which means that if he post On the forum my computer will will automatically skip it. So I don't have to worry about buying anything from him because I will never see them on this site again, I'm just glad that I have a person that knows enough about computers that can do this for me, As for as for as everyone that has bought from him, it doesn't fit asked for a refund, unless of course you want to modify everything and make it fit anything can be made to fit.jim
Old 05-23-2012, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
The metal clips that go into the injector dont even have to be used. They come that way so that they can be installed in the rail and kept secure so it can be installed as an assembly at the factory. I've installed them both ways with and without. For those that haven't installed them.
1. Put the adapter on the fuel injector
2. Install the injector into the manifold and push down to to secure them in the manifold
3. Plug all the injectors in
4. Lower the rail onto the injectors while lining the injectors up into the rail (They can move to get into the rail)
5. After they are lined up push the rail down onto the injectors and bolt the rail down from side to side.
6. Install the fuel feed line back onto the rail.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55 1982 300dt
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
The metal clips that go into the injector dont even have to be used. They come that way so that they can be installed in the rail and kept secure so it can be installed as an assembly at the factory. I've installed them both ways with and without. For those that haven't installed them.
2. Install the injector into the manifold and push down to to secure them in the manifold
4. Lower the rail onto the injectors while lining the injectors up into the rail (They can move to get into the rail)
5. After they are lined up push the rail down onto the injectors and bolt the rail down from side to side.
Amen brother, it really is that simple!!!!
So will you crybabies shut the hell up now? I'm actually sick from reading your endless whining. Mercedes Benz AMG Forum??? Really?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket

that leaves the injector free to move up and down. it's not tall enough to bottom out in the manifold and have the rail pushed all the way down on top of it. having a loose injector was not something i was willing to do. plus this is the first time I hear you suggesting not to use the factory clip. you've always just said "they fit, i know they do"

this is pressurized gasoline we are dealing with here. having an injector just sitting there not being secured by anything is just plain stupid. i really hope no ones car catches fire because their injectors were not clipped in properly and they "made them work"
Old 05-23-2012, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
This is intense and you guys are nutso! Mad I tell you lol

I have met Kustom a couple times, and man Eddie I didn't know you had this in you! And man I think I remember hearing from Elliot that this hulk character is from around there by you guys but haven't met him but my god, dude you are acting like a nutcase!

I will say, I am going to have to disagree with you. The injectors I have seen pictured that TTM sells and the injectors here in question are both Bosch injectors. The newest style of injectors offered, which are called EV14, this displays the body type of the injector no matter how much they flow or the spray pattern. So the injectors are exactly the same outside as long as they are the same size of the 3 offerings bosch has. Seeing them installed in the pic above they have to be the same length wise or there would be a gap some where either from the injector being to long and the rail sticking up or to short and the injector not fitting up in the rail and down in the manifold.

Now I can not confirm since I have not had them in my hand or done testing but I would guess that TTM did not use the Bosch EV14 injector bodies and have a custom flowing injector made. They are most likely even the same 550cc injector that anyone out there can buy. And that little TTM sticker glued on is covering up the part number of the injector so you don't have the ability to see for yourself the part number of the Bosch 550cc injector being branded as a TTM injector.

All of that aside, clearly they fit between the rail and manifold so that is not a problem so we can forget about that and just worry about getting the electrical clip on.

I really have one simple question for anyone who couldn't install these saying the adapter for the connector hit the rail or "they don't fit." That question is................wait for it.......

Why in THE HELL didn't you rotate the injector outward so the connector faced out?

A fuel injector does not have a "right way" to be installed as far as what direction that connector faces. It slides in to your rail and in to the manifold with a round o-ring. And those little clips the slide on grooves of the injector and on the rail don't even have to be on the injectors either. I threw them things away about 6 years ago on my other car when I installed bigger injectors and have had 3 or 4 different sets in the car without them. In fact a set of Bosch EV14 725cc injectors at this present time.

Last edited by urbamworm; 05-23-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
once again, this is the first time i'm hearing from anyone not to use the factory clips. when I posted about the issue on the other forum, no such suggestions were made. and even if they were, i still would not have installed the injectors without the factory clips. AMG put them there for a reason. probably something like not having their precious engines catching on fire.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03SL55
Originally Posted by reitmeid
Amen brother, it really is that simple!!!!
So will you crybabies shut the hell up now? I'm actually sick from reading your endless whining. Mercedes Benz AMG Forum??? Really?

reit before you kneel down and blow the reverend and post your ill feelings on all the whining, after you do the deed of course. How about you post your pics and exactly what you did to correctly install your injectors.

Did you buy Steves injectors and connectors? Did you do the job yourself? Installed with or without metal clips? Posting all the above info would be much more helpful than coming into this thread with your own version of whining about all the whining thats going on.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by xpl0sive
that leaves the injector free to move up and down. it's not tall enough to bottom out in the manifold and have the rail pushed all the way down on top of it. having a loose injector was not something i was willing to do. plus this is the first time I hear you suggesting not to use the factory clip. you've always just said "they fit, i know they do"

this is pressurized gasoline we are dealing with here. having an injector just sitting there not being secured by anything is just plain stupid. i really hope no ones car catches fire because their injectors were not clipped in properly and they "made them work"
I've installed them with and without clips. The injector bottoms out in the manifold and the sits down on top of it. The injector can't move. It can spin slightly but not move to let pressure past it. So are you telling me that running my car like that for over 10,000 miles plus the drag racing and dyno time,and taking the rail off and on several times my injectors were loose? If thats what your saying you are wrong. I checked and double checked before running them like that and even ran my old 550cc red injectors the same way after seeing/reading the clips were for factory installation.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Ya UW you met me, you were not there yesterday and don't know what kind of a d*ck Steve was on the phone, and the injectors do not have the same spray pattern Eddie, me and installer all saw the difference between the 2
Old 05-23-2012, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Hulk
Ya UW you met me, you were not there yesterday and don't know what kind of a d*ck Steve was on the phone, and the injectors do not have the same spray pattern Eddie, me and installer all saw the difference between the 2
Still waiting on the people i called to get free stuff from. And can you explain how you "tested" the spray pattern also. I'm dying to hear this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The e55amgrocket/injector discussion and smack-down