Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by sircl55amg
the cls sits lower and wider...and its and upgrade vs e55
I agree and disagree, it definately has more presence but I think the W211s front is just stunning. It is such a distinctive look especially with the facelift, very aggressive, eagle like with that big grill which looks like an eagle's beak. I also like the fact that it looks like a sedan, it has a really smooth and sexy shape from some angles. Just yesterday I parked my car across the road from a restaurant I went to and the way the car looks from the side, not bang on but more front side is just SEX ON WHEELS. The W211 is the most bipolar car I have ever seen. It all depends on the angles and how you look at it and from where. The CLS is a different kind of sexy but I think it's a more complete look, it achieves what it's trying to achieve very well.

I think Mercedes is really stepping up the design of their cars now with their new models. The new W222 S-Class looks just incredible from the outside, the inside though is a MAJOR disappointment, I know some like it but for me the W221 set a bar that was way too high and Mercedes tried to go with a radical look on the W222 which created a huge divide between the guys who love it and the guys who hate it. The outside though is just PERFECT. The newer CLS is also perfect, inside and out.

However for me the W211 is just an icon, it is so distinctive and sexy, a definite classic.