W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio sticking on Mercedes Logo. Wont turn on.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Radio sticking on Mercedes Logo. Wont turn on.

I have the 03 non navi radio and when I start the car it just goes to the mercedes logo sits there for a few seconds then goes black. If I try to turn it on again same thing. Troed restarting the car and letting it sit for a while whike I ate but same thing. This thing dead? Never a problem till now.

Last edited by BBBSS; 06-18-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
If you have an integrated phone, check the 5A fuse by the rear battery. Or check the fuses for the radio itself.

Same issue on mine, found out the rear 5a fuse was blown.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:34 AM

2003 e55 amg
Happens to me when its very hot out. Just unplug the battery for 10-15 secs and it should come back.
You will have to reset your windowns and sunroof also
Old 06-19-2012, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Ended up finding a thread using google and pulled fuse 6 in the trunk for a minute and plugged it back in and all was back to normal. It was mid 90's and I had my A/C blasting so maybe heat does have something to do with it?
Old 11-19-2015, 08:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 Amg
E55 command unit stay on after key is removed !!! Screen stuck with MB start up logo

I know this reply is a bit late to the party, but I recently solved this same issue on an 04 e55.. Problem; two days ago my command unit would come on and the screen would stay on the Mercedes logo; when this happens the radio would play intermittently and when the car is turned off and the key is removed The head unit will stay on unless I manually hit the power button to turn off..
The fix; after tons of research on this issue and sifting thru tons of previous threads like the one above I pulled the number 6 fuse from the trunk which is the audio gateway fuse, then I pulled the number 28 fuse (radio) from the interior dash fuse box, then pull the 26 fuse (cd) changer fuse from the same location... Wait for about 5-10 mins then securely reseat the fuses into their respective locations.. Of course replace if the fuses are burnt out.. But for the most part I did the exact same procedure and my command head unit powered up back to normal, radio works, nav screen works and most of all the unit powers off when the ignition is turned off and key removed.. No need to disconnect the main battery and go thru resetting the sunroof and Windows !! I hope this helps someone else experiencing the same frustrations I dealt with..
The following 2 users liked this post by HFavored:
albania (05-02-2018), Phenomenon T (12-20-2019)
Old 02-20-2016, 09:10 AM

E320
OMG this fuse thing WORKS - thx!!!

Saved me a trip to the shop. Thank you!

Originally Posted by HFavored
I know this reply is a bit late to the party, but I recently solved this same issue on an 04 e55.. Problem; two days ago my command unit would come on and the screen would stay on the Mercedes logo; when this happens the radio would play intermittently and when the car is turned off and the key is removed The head unit will stay on unless I manually hit the power button to turn off..
The fix; after tons of research on this issue and sifting thru tons of previous threads like the one above I pulled the number 6 fuse from the trunk which is the audio gateway fuse, then I pulled the number 28 fuse (radio) from the interior dash fuse box, then pull the 26 fuse (cd) changer fuse from the same location... Wait for about 5-10 mins then securely reseat the fuses into their respective locations.. Of course replace if the fuses are burnt out.. But for the most part I did the exact same procedure and my command head unit powered up back to normal, radio works, nav screen works and most of all the unit powers off when the ignition is turned off and key removed.. No need to disconnect the main battery and go thru resetting the sunroof and Windows !! I hope this helps someone else experiencing the same frustrations I dealt with..
Old 02-24-2016, 01:52 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
did this work for you?

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 05-02-2018, 07:03 AM

e220 cdi 2005
I tried on a friend's mercedes
it worked wonderfully , thanks
Old 12-20-2019, 11:03 PM

E350 W211
Thank you, better late than never
Old 07-13-2021, 04:01 AM

W204
My Mercedes issues

My w204 2008 c180 has issues of back turn signal not working, headlights stays on, radio goes off and on, fuel gauge drops to empty, radiator fan comes on, instrument cluster lights flashes and windows and central locking stops working. All these start working normal when I turn the ignition off and restart the car or disconnect the battery and reconnect. Please help me because driving without turn signal is very dangerous
Old 07-14-2021, 09:21 AM

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
E63 AMG 2007
Originally Posted by LilH
My w204 2008 c180 has issues of back turn signal not working, headlights stays on, radio goes off and on, fuel gauge drops to empty, radiator fan comes on, instrument cluster lights flashes and windows and central locking stops working. All these start working normal when I turn the ignition off and restart the car or disconnect the battery and reconnect. Please help me because driving without turn signal is very dangerous
Have your battery checked, replace if questionable.
The following users liked this post:
LilH (07-14-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 10:25 PM

mercedes-benz e-class
Not working

i did what you said and it still won’t work idk what to do what do you think?