W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got pulled over, and don't want points on my DL (long read)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5
Originally Posted by deuce zer0
I though Montana does not have any speed limits...
From December 8, 1995 to May 28, 1999 Montana's daytime automobile speed limits were "reasonable & prudent", according to interpretation by Highway Patrol officers. Fines were increased and motorists were advised to drive carefully according to existing weather and road conditions. American speed enthusiasts were delighted and the state's Interstate highways got a reputation as the Montanabahn. Congress was not amused, and neither were many Montana residents. With a little help in potential Federal funding restrictions, speed limits were restored. Montana's maximum speed limit is now 75 MPH on the Interstates

75 MPH is still pretty fast, especially compared to Oregon's 55 MPH and the occasional 65 MPH corridors
Old 07-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL500 AMG Package, 2015 C300, 2016 WRX
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
So yesterday morning I am on my way to a store about 20 minutes away, mostly in a 55 MPH zone. So I am driving along and about half way there I catch up to a silver malibu thats behind a silver pickup, thats only doing 40.. And the driver of the malibu was peeking over constantly and riding the trucks a$$ as if he were going to pass, but wouldn't even if the gap was entirely big enough. So i throw my signal on, and go all out as to give him (driver of the truck) the impression that maybe 40 is a little bit slow. Well, in the process of passing, I achieve a good 95-100 MPH.

Then the silver car (malibu) passes him as well, and the driver throws his visors down and what do you know, hes an undercover. So I pull over, shut the car off, and roll the windows down as I put my hands on the wheel, and I figured since he saw the brute force of the 55K, I might as well remove the keys from the ignition and set them on the roof(which he actually REALLY appreciated). So he comes up to my window and says, "you didn't have to put your keys on the roof, but I appreciate you making me feel a lot safer." So then he proceeds to tell me why he pulled me over (I knew playing the "why did you pull me over" line would have pissed him off so I admitted to speeding, but never said how fast). Well, my luck. His radar showed 97MPH. Then a marked cop arrives on scene and talks to the unmarked. Then after a good 15 minutes, he comes back with my papers and asks me if I have anything illegal on me and asks to search my car, and I was co-operative the whole way. I guess I passed his test, because he never did search me or the car. I then ask him if my lawyer could help me out so I dont lose my DL. then he asked me who my attorney was, and after telling him, it was like a light switch clicked in his head. his whole demeanor changed. So then he goes back to his car and comes back with my ticket, and surprisingly enough, he let me off with doing 74mph in a 55mph. Now to the point. Is there a way I can get this ticket to remain on the down low to my insurance company? last thing I need is my rates to sky rocket. I have no problem paying the $125 fine, but I really cant afford for my insurance to go up. Any ideas?

Figured I would throw a pic in

When you pay your fine, you need to request a court supervision by filling out the form along with the speeding ticket that the police issued. A court will assign you a traffic school that typicially is running for 4 hrs. By attending traffic school, the speeding ticket will not go on your DL record and the insurance premium wouldn't go up either. I got the speeding ticket too in 6/2/2012 and was requesting court supervision as well and am waiting for the notification of the schedule for the traffic school. Good luck!